Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Music - Related Topics
Singers of the guild. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favourite female voice type?
  Light/airy soprano
  Lyrical mid-range soprano
  Dark toned soprano
  Dramatic operatic soprano
  lighter lyrical mezzo soprano
  darker toned mezzo soprano
  Higher-alto
  deep voiced alto
  raspy-screaming type alto
View Results

Fallentowards

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:46 pm
Senchou Ari Mizuko
I suppose, but her voice just sounds like a low voice. Weird, I know. Hey, my choir director randomly decided to move a girl from 2nd alto to 1st soprano. WTF?

mezzos have lower and darker voices but at the same time can go high and amy can do that. I personally am classified as a soprano but my tone is really dark and some think i am a mezzo until they hear me sing the high notes razz ...yeah it happens at this time and place our voices are growing and changing and what you think you are may not be what you are at all ...range tests come in pretty handy at those points  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:07 pm
Well, I'm catalogued as a Mezzo soprano; I have a 3 octave range and I can get as low as counter alto...but alto is the most comfortable for me cause I barely have to make an effort sweatdrop

I'm a little inexperienced, since I've only been singing for almost a year, but I have a good range, and my choir teacher says I have a good voice... only that i'm too shy xd  

Tierra_de_Fuego

Desirable Capitalist

6,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Window Shopper 100

trampyre

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:27 am
Is anyone here an actual, serious classical singer? *curious*

I'm a full lyric soprano/lirico spinto, I just switched over from lyric mezzo, when I discovered it was hurting my voice to stay in the lower tessitura. No, I don't have a 3 octave range, but the notes I can sing (about an A flat below middle c to the high E flat two octaves above middle c) projects really well and has a kind of Renee-Fleming like timbre.

I'm not really singing any opera yet (I'm too young at 24 years old, I don't want to blow my vocal chords), but eventually I hope to become an operatic singer (and no, I'm not "fat" XD). I hope to one day sing Puccini and Verdi, although I love Mozart and the French romantics... gah... and I love Wagner and Berg too... and I like atonal music... ok, I'm weird. 0_o

But yeah, anyone else here?

XD  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:03 am
My voice teacher was training me to sing classical music, but then my mom made me choose between voice and piano, and since I was already in choir, I chose piano.  

Sassy Ace Ari

Fashionable Genius

2,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Grave Robin

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:33 pm
I'm technically a mezzo, but I've been known to sing tenor at times. Classical music doesn't like my voice. For some reason I can't sing classical stuff that well, I have no idea why. I've been taking jazz and traditional Indian vocal lessons for some time. Does anyone else here sing any Jazz? It's really fun!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:45 pm
trampyre
Is anyone here an actual, serious classical singer? *curious*

I'm a full lyric soprano/lirico spinto, I just switched over from lyric mezzo, when I discovered it was hurting my voice to stay in the lower tessitura. No, I don't have a 3 octave range, but the notes I can sing (about an A flat below middle c to the high E flat two octaves above middle c) projects really well and has a kind of Renee-Fleming like timbre.

I'm not really singing any opera yet (I'm too young at 24 years old, I don't want to blow my vocal chords), but eventually I hope to become an operatic singer (and no, I'm not "fat" XD). I hope to one day sing Puccini and Verdi, although I love Mozart and the French romantics... gah... and I love Wagner and Berg too... and I like atonal music... ok, I'm weird. 0_o

But yeah, anyone else here?

XD

I am a lirico sprinto myself smile and I am learning classical and musical and comtempterary...no opera yet...not yet razz  

Fallentowards

LillieRose

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:43 am
Hi there fellow singers.I am soprano 2,but as time goes by,my voice is moving towards mezzo. *sigh* No more Phantom of the Opera for me...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:23 pm
Lillierose
Hi there fellow singers.I am soprano 2,but as time goes by,my voice is moving towards mezzo. *sigh* No more Phantom of the Opera for me...

Nothing wrong with being a mezzo, they have beautiful tone quality and control  

Fallentowards

Fallentowards

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:39 pm
New poll people, enjoy  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:07 pm
Uhm...
I sing saprano in the school chior.
>.>

And the one thing I can't do with my voice
is that scrram-type thing
in all my favorite songs.
D:

Its Cookie Time!

Fallentowards

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:34 pm
Ninjakitty713
Uhm...
I sing saprano in the school chior.
>.>

And the one thing I can't do with my voice
is that scrram-type thing
in all my favorite songs.
D:

screaming is hard on vocal chords  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:30 pm
I can sing Mezzo or Alto either one's fine with me, but I suck when it comes to singing Soprano sweatdrop  

Namtastic

Lunatic

Sassy Ace Ari

Fashionable Genius

2,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:03 pm
bwah. I suck at alto. Ooh, I learned that I can belt this summer singing "Broken Wing" by Martina McBride and "Strongest Suit" from Aida.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:29 pm
Senchou Ari Mizuko
bwah. I suck at alto. Ooh, I learned that I can belt this summer singing "Broken Wing" by Martina McBride and "Strongest Suit" from Aida.

very few people are actually true altos  

Fallentowards

Fallentowards

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:05 pm
NEW POLL PEOPLE...THINK ABOUT THIS ONE CAREFULLY  
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items