Welcome to Gaia! ::

Xa44s RPs

Back to Guilds

I do RPs 

Tags: Adventure, Fantasy 

Reply Xa44s RPs
Episode 3 planing stuff Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:01 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates
I was actually hoping that by working with you to form my characters back story you could build on it and use it. So you can take control of Fen if you want. I only ask that you treat him with respect even though he's a selfish a** hole. I'll try to do a personality test as him and see what he gets... (He's the type who would see a red button that says "do not press" and then press it just to see the chaos that would ensue.)

Kk, and trust me if you knew what my plans for him are (can't say without spoiling everything) make him very interesting deep and makes him to the worst worst of people (still bad)

Reading that actually made me smile because Terran's ultimate goal is to kill the vampire for the trauma his mother endured because of him. Just make him lovable (in the "he's evil, but awesome" sort of way, if that makes any sense). He should have a certain charm about him.
Without dropping too many hints about what you have in mind, what might his motivations be?

Also, do you think Fen knows that Terran even exists? (Guess that depends on whether or not he can sense his own kin/blood, or if he has met Terran in the past without the boy's knowledge.) He'd have to find out eventually, which he would probably find both delightful and amusing, as if he just discovered a new toy.
Good job quoting yourself BTW lol  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:09 pm
Xa44

Also wanted to list what I believe Terran's racial abilities would be as a half-human-half-vampire-hybrid/dhampir. (hybrid is the more accurate description, but dhampir is the proper name)

Like vampires, dhampirs are said to have a sort of unearthly beauty and grace about them. (In other words, he's handsome with fair (or pale) complexion and moves gracefully, as one might expect.)
He has fangs and he is capable of drinking blood, although he doesn't require it to sustain himself. He does, unfortunately, get cravings for it. (Ever since the first time he ever tasted it as a child. [He bit another kid while in a fight].)
He has good dark vision, but he can not see in pitch darkness. (Low-light vision?) His eyes are also sensitive to bright light.
He has excellent hearing (superior hearing) and a sensitive sense of smell, but he is sensitive to high-pitched sounds/frequencies (so high-pitched sounds can curt his ears).
Superior strength and speed. (Although his strength, speed, and reflexes are still within human limits [strong for his age, but no stronger than a fully-grown adult male human]. Consuming blood would increases his physical abilities to rival that of a full-blooded vampire, including a boost in stamina as well as his capacity for magic.)
Magical Attributes: Darkness affinity. Weakness to light/radiant magic.
Resistances: Partial resistance to necrotic damage (as he is already sort of half undead), and against bloodborne illnesses (or a somewhat stronger immune system, thanks to his vampire heritage.)

What do you think?
(also, goodnight!)  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:13 pm
Xa44
Probably but here is an idea(not relevant to the main plot) he might view terran as a disgrace for not being pure blood and might deny them having any relationship

*shrugs* I still like the idea of him being amused by Terran's existence, as it was a complete accident. (He thought the woman would die.) He may still reject the idea of them having any sort of relationship, though he's more the type to treat the fact that he has a son like an ongoing joke.
He might think that the fact that Terran refuses to embrace his vampire heritage a bit disgraceful, though.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:23 pm
Haru Yates

Yeah thats all fine a list of spells and what spells he will learn would be more useful because of the random spell abilities and items, yeah actually that would probably fit more in theme with what the ending is and would give him a stronger connection to --------, also you say he thought the women would die are you implying r@p# or am I missing something because how would they die (sorry my brain defaults to dark things because of reasons)  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:53 pm
Xa44
Yeah that's all fine a list of spells and what spells he will learn would be more useful because of the random spell abilities and items, yeah actually that would probably fit more in theme with what the ending is and would give him a stronger connection to --------, also you say he thought the women would die are you implying r@p# or am I missing something because how would they die (sorry my brain defaults to dark things because of reasons)

oops. I forgot to mention that dhampir blood is a rare and valuable ritual component as well. And that drinking blood would also boost his capacity for magic as well as accelerate healing. (in other words, consuming blood--especially human blood--makes him more vampire-like).
I'l try to describe his magic abilities sometime this week.

And yeah, I was implying exactly that when i said Fen had expected her (Yulia) to die. He may have charmed her into letting him walk her home and taking the back alleyway, but he did take advantage of her and drain her of her f before leaving her to die of blood loss. By some miracle, she survived and months later Terran was born. She kept him because when she held him, she realized that the child was as much a victim as she was, but she suffered severe PTSD over the incident, which only got worse as he got older and began to resemble his father more. Eventually, she took her own life, unable to handle the fear and stress of what happened.
Its really dark, but it works.

Edit: Fen isn't pure evil, he's just... selfish. He'd kind of a trickster-type kind of guy.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:33 am
I did the personality test as Fenrir and I got ENTP-A (the "Debator type personality").

90% Extraverted
70% Intuitive
83% Thinking
65% Prospecting
85% Assertive

https://www.16personalities.com/entp-personality

I'm reading through it and all I can say is "Yup. Sounds about right. Most definitely."

Isn't that the same personality type as Kate? o.O  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:53 pm
Haru Yates
I did the personality test as Fenrir and I got ENTP-A (the "Debator type personality").

90% Extraverted
70% Intuitive
83% Thinking
65% Prospecting
85% Assertive

https://www.16personalities.com/entp-personality

I'm reading through it and all I can say is "Yup. Sounds about right. Most definitely."

Yep(love how our characters keep having the same)  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:05 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

Yep(love how our characters keep having the same)

Ha ha, yep! It all boils down to those percentages to figure out how different or similar they really are, though!

I've also been thinking a little more about how Fen would react to finding out he has a son and frankly, I think he'd be thrilled. He has an excellent sense of humor, and would probably toy with the idea until he gets bored of it. He probably doesn't quite care to Kill Terran either, but he will happily humor Terran's little "revenge game". I did say he isn't completely evil, right? He could even show up with cryptic warnings from time to time just to shake things up. (Yeah, he is the type to screw over his boss for the sake of his own entertainment.) He also doesn't mind playing the role of a boss's subordinate so long as he gets to open his mouth whenever he wishes to speak (it's not worth his time if his boss is too stupid to listen to his advice and wisdom). If things go awry, he is more likely to prioritize his own life than the lives of those around him (although he may also break this rule if he believes it is in his best interest to do so). Anything he does is normally done with an ulterior motive in mind (even if that motive is something petty or stupidly simple), and he is almost always in a carefree and cheery mood. (Actually, he's kinda like a cheshire cat, in a sense. :/ Always grinning...) He's mischievous, curious, always willing to stir the pot and provoke others (to see what will happen, or just for the hell of "watching ants scatter" ), and he has the strength and speed to avoid or defend against conflicts that may occur as a result of his actions. He doesn't like to be interrupted, and he doesn't like it when other people willingly defy him (There's the playful "don't touch that~", and then there's the serious, "Touch it, and your life is forfeit" ), but he does like drama, and he does like to pull strings from behind the scenes, even if he is working towards somebody else's goal.
He may also have a personal interest in Terran, most likely because he's never had a son before and the whole situation is both amusing and fascinating to him, (who wouldn't be interested is such an odd and rare curiosity?). It may also be that he views Terran as something that belongs to him, (after all, he did kinda make him and Terran has Fen's blood pumping through his veins). He may also find the girl who speaks with fairies (Kate) interesting as well. After all, the kid speaks with fairies!
In truth, I can even kinda see him saving members of the group (to ensure that his plans are unhindered, or to prevent somebody else from destroying his property), although I don't expect that to happen. *ideas, ideas...* He's charismatic, handsome, and somewhat romantic, though you wouldn't know it from what he did to Yulia. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if his last words to Terran were "good work", or something. (That would really screw with Terran, making him question whether or not he played right into the vamps's plan.)

His magic feels like it would be more Arcane than dark, but he (as a member of the undead) does have an affinity for darkness and a weakness against radiant/holy/light magic.

(Sorry! I've had much to long to think about him, so his personality has had a little too much time to take shape in my head. Sorry if that makes it difficult for you to work with him.)  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:08 pm
Xa44
Good job quoting yourself BTW lol

Oops.
**Fixed it.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:12 pm
Haru Yates

I've also been thinking a little more about how Fen would react to finding out he has a son and frankly, I think he'd be thrilled. He has an excellent sense of humor, and would probably toy with the idea until he gets bored of it. He probably doesn't quite care to Kill Terran either, but he will happily humor Terran's little "revenge game". I did say he isn't completely evil, right? He could even show up with cryptic warnings from time to time just to shake things up. (Yeah, he is the type to screw over his boss for the sake of his own entertainment.) He also doesn't mind playing the role of a boss's subordinate so long as he gets to open his mouth whenever he wishes to speak (it's not worth his time if his boss is too stupid to listen to his advice and wisdom). If things go awry, he is more likely to prioritize his own life than the lives of those around him (although he may also break this rule if he believes it is in his best interest to do so). Anything he does is normally done with an ulterior motive in mind (even if that motive is something petty or stupidly simple), and he is almost always in a carefree and cheery mood. (Actually, he's kinda like a cheshire cat, in a sense. :/ Always grinning...) He's mischievous, curious, always willing to stir the pot and provoke others (to see what will happen, or just for the hell of "watching ants scatter" ), and he has the strength and speed to avoid or defend against conflicts that may occur as a result of his actions. He doesn't like to be interrupted, and he doesn't like it when other people willingly defy him (There's the playful "don't touch that~", and then there's the serious, "Touch it, and your life is forfeit" ), but he does like drama, and he does like to pull strings from behind the scenes, even if he is working towards somebody else's goal.
He may also have a personal interest in Terran, most likely because he's never had a son before and the whole situation is both amusing and fascinating to him, (who wouldn't be interested is such an odd and rare curiosity?). It may also be that he views Terran as something that belongs to him, (after all, he did kinda make him and Terran has Fen's blood pumping through his veins). He may also find the girl who speaks with fairies (Kate) interesting as well. After all, the kid speaks with fairies!
In truth, I can even kinda see him saving members of the group (to ensure that his plans are unhindered, or to prevent somebody else from destroying his property), although I don't expect that to happen. *ideas, ideas...* He's charismatic, handsome, and somewhat romantic, though you wouldn't know it from what he did to Yulia. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if his last words to Terran were "good work", or something. (That would really screw with Terran, making him question whether or not he played right into the vamps's plan.)

His magic feels like it would be more Arcane than dark, but he (as a member of the undead) does have an affinity for darkness and a weakness against radiant/holy/light magic.
(Sorry! I've had much to long to think about him, so his personality has had a little too much time to take shape in my head. Sorry if that makes it difficult for you to work with him.)

Kk I can work with that, and actually he is goong to have a very deep interest in kate for other reasons so all that works really well and the idea of him just popping up and just start some drama then leave seems interesting  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:25 pm
Xa44
Kk I can work with that, and actually he is going to have a very deep interest in kate for other reasons so all that works really well and the idea of him just popping up and just start some drama then leave seems interesting

I'm so glad you think so! I also laughed when I read that he has an interest in Kate, not because "she talks to freak'n fairies!", but because I pictured Fen calling her Terran's "Little Sis". (Which is stupidly funny to me, for some reason, lol.)

The real question is whether or not Fenrir and Terran would recognize each other. Fen looks similar to Terran, except that he's a bit older in appearance (in his early 20s). Terran knows that he resembles his father, and he knows that the man goes by the name of "Fen", but I'm not sure if he can sense him or not. (Most dhampirs are said to be able to sense vampires, but I'm not sure if that's better left out for the sake of the RP.) I think that it might be beneficial to say that Fenrir can sense his own kin (because they are of the same blood).  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:34 pm
Haru Yates
[ but because I pictured Fen calling her Terran's "Little Sis". (Which is stupidly funny to me, for some reason, lol.)

Cute<3

Haru Yates
The real question is whether or not Fenrir and Terran would recognize each other. Fen looks similar to Terran, except that he's a bit older in appearance (in his early 20s). Terran knows that he resembles his father, and he knows that the man goes by the name of "Fen", but I'm not sure if he can sense him or not. (Most dhampirs are said to be able to sense vampires, but I'm not sure if that's better left out for the sake of the RP.) I think that it might be beneficial to say that Fenrir can sense his own kin (because they are of the same blood).

That doesn't really matter seems like fen would probably know(by that I mean that seems more interesting if he did) but if terran does idk  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:45 pm
Xa44

Actually, Fen could even be an instument a tool to teach Terran to fight and develop his magic. He appreciates a good challenge. (Although that might be a stretch.)

As for Terran's magic, I'm struggling with it a little because all of his abilities are somewhat related to one-another. The "more powerful spells" are actually more developed or "advanced" versions of what he already knows. His magic becomes stronger as he develops his abilities.

Shadow Manipulation (Lv.1) The ability to control and manipulate a shadow's size, shape, length, and intensity (how dark the shadow looks). This ability looses any effect in pitch-darkness, as shadows require a light source and a room can not be made brighter by shrinking shadows. (Lv.2) Can be used to darken a room and extinguish dim non-magical light sources, such as candle light or small torches. (Lv.3) "Black-out", ability to extinguish light by blocking it out completely with a thick black shadow. This power may also extinguish magical sources of light, and can push back light magic.

Tangible Shadows (Lv.1) Ability to physically interact with shadows as if they were physical matter (usually in a thick liquid-like state, smoke-like state, or as a state of matter in between the two). The shadow in this form can be thrown in the eyes of enemies to blind them, or, (Lv.2)(more gruesomely), used to choke or "flood" enemies. Ability to lift (into the air) and manipulate tangible shadows without physically touching them becomes available at Lv.2 as well. See "Shadow Conjure".

Shadow Meld (Lv.1) Related to the above abilities; the ability to cloak oneself (or objects) in shadow like a blanket for concealment or to hide from sight, usually by wrapping the shadows around him, or by sinking into the shadow as if it were a deep puddle. Terran can see through these shadows, but he can be found if he is stumbled over or bumped into (if he is not inside the shadow), or if the shadows are repelled or extinguished by a source of light. Shadow must be large enough to hide within. Ability to move within shadow. Terran moves through shadows at his regular speed (risking being seen or loosing his cover), or slower (to keep his cover), and the shadows must be connected (overlapping or joined) to travel through them. (Lv.3) Travel through shadows quickly, as if to disperse and teleport from one shadow to another. This ability includes being able to connect two visible shadows as if they were portals. (Lv.4; max.) Ability to physically become like a shadow. Grants caster the ability to dissolve/travel as a mist-like smoke and reform in another close visible location. Blades would cut through the caster as if they were cutting through smoke.

Shadow Capture Bind; Related to Shadow Meld. (Lv.1) Ability to immobilize or hold a person or object in place through it's shadow. (Paralysis/immobilization). The strength of this ability is relys on the caster's physical strength to hold or manipulate a target. Caster must have line of sight to use this ability. Caster's shadow must overlap, or be connected to a shadow that overlaps the target's shadow. (Lv.2) Ability to move/manipulate a target's movement by force through their shadow. (This ability may be regarded as an extension of Lv.1, but it becomes easier to manage at Lv.2) (Lv.3) Advanced Shadow Capture: Shadow Prison. The ability to draw/pull a target into the shadow below them, much like the ability to shadow meld, and trap them in the darkness. Shadow must be connected to the caster's shadow, and is essentially drawn into the caster's shadow. Caster will enter their "shadow prison" if they meld into their own shadow while a target is captured. (The prison is considered the caster's domain, and the caster can see the target through the darkness while within their own prison.) If this spell can be countered or broke, it may cause damage to the caster. (Lv.4 Max) Advanced Shadow Prison: Consumption. Draws energy from the target trapped within the shadow prison. Causes necrotic damage, and can heal the caster by consuming the energy of the prisoner. (slower, but similar to the effects of blood without the boost in physical strength.). ("An eye for an eye, as they say")

Shadow Conjure (Lv.2) Ability to create/conjure tangible shadows out of thin air. (See tangible shadow). (Lv.3) Ability to conjure/form solid objects out of shadow. These solid objects are generally created in groups (multiples of about 4-7 at a time), and they are sharpened spikes that the caster then launches at a target as a projectile attack. (Lv.4) Conjure obsidian swords of shadow that behave in much the same way as the previous spikes, but they are stronger and more durable. (Lv.5 Max) Extension of the Lv.4 Shadow Conjure ability (is available at level 4, but requires practice to master [hence, Lv.5]); conjure/create an obsidian shadow blade to use as a weapon in battle. The caster, with sufficient control, can change the blade from solid to shadow and back at will (although it is unclear of if the blade is truly returning to a solid state, or if it has simply been replaced instantly by a newly conjured shadow blade). Requires skill to use a sword effectively.
I think that's all of them. Might be a bit of overlap as far as progression and abilities, but that's what I got. What do you think?  
Xa44s RPs

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff