Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Why are people so against real person slash? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RPS = good?
  Yes.
  No.
  Don't know/don't care/wtfred etc.
View Results

Bach

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:21 pm
I don't know what people have against RPS. Personaly I slash people I see in school or walking down the street.  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 2:36 pm
they hate it because its real life and not fiction.

yaoi is ok because the boys arent real.
but if you like yaoi but not gay men then your a hypochrite.  

sickle_bloodless

Rejekted_Heart

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:43 am
im fine w/ it xd  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 7:09 am
It's not as asthetically perfect as anime or manga. THere's real person stuff- not all gay guys are cute. Then there's the problems anime chars don't have to deal with- diseases, for example. When was the last time an anime char got an STD?

...It's just not as "pretty" or as simple.

That's why most people don't like it.  

Gethyn

Deliciae

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:47 am
... I can only say my personal opinion when faced with this. I find it disrespectful to slash anyone in real life, as if turning those real people with real emotions and thoughts and personalities into tools for my entertainment. Same with actors playing characters on television based on a fandom. I think a line is needed between the actors and the characters in situations like that, but I see actor slash all the time, mostly because they star in a fandom movie, like Harry Potter and X-Men etc. I never slash het either in real life, it just seems disrespectful to the real life people. But like I said, that's me. >_>  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:20 am
Er, there are two different definitions for real person slash, I guess.

If you're talking about real guy couples, as in they're already together and all, that's great and I 'ship it all the way.

But, I think it's a little...uncomfortable to slash real people who aren't involved in relationships with each other. Something like what Deliciae just said--it's got to be rather disturbing to find fans writing stories about you having sex with someone, regardless of your sexuality or your feelings toward the person you're slashed, femslashed, or hetslashed with.

So I'm a bit against RPS in that sense.

kageling

experimentme

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:54 am
because people suck
j/k it's really because they're afraid of the love xd  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:00 pm
Personally, me and my friend slash people in our French class... eh heh... sweatdrop  

Kalypso Kitsune

toachung

7,450 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:01 pm
I think I posted here before but whatever. rolleyes

I don't have a problem with it. I mean what's the real difference between the 2. 1 is an actual prson and the other 1 isn't.
Whoop Dee Freakin' Doo! neutral

But if you have a real reason do tell. stare

I'm waiting. (*taps foot*)  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:39 am
i slash a lot of of my guy friends for fun! i don't really slash people i don't know, nor do i intend to make it my life's prophecy to get them together...to me its just a joke that-- as long it si unoffending--- is simply: a joke!  

.blood x stitched x paws.

Jade Rotaski

Confident Shounen

43,040 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:07 am
I like both Slash and Yaoi in RL and in Anime, i dont see what the big deal is, sure real life slash isnt 'Perfect' like anime but honestly life isteself isn't perfect, and that makes me like RL slash more becuase if all animboy love were perfect and nothing ever happened it'd be so BORING all the time and i myself like fricking varaity. Deal with it XP  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:22 pm
I'll take whatever I can get, real life or anime... XD

All the cute guys in the town near where I live are gay... you see them all walking round holding hands or making out or whatever.... thats hot.

I have absolutely nothing against slash in real life. It's damn amusing to get two of my straight friends to kiss... sweet, too...  

kazuki landen

Saiya-jinKISS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:44 pm
Teragan
You know I love it. cool

I have no idea why people wouldn't like it! D: It's good... it makes no sense to only like non-existant guys getting it on but not real ones...

Seriously! stare  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:14 pm
Artie Ficial
It's something that's always confused me and I've never really found out the answer. Even in this guild plenty of people say stuff like, "real gay boys? ewww!" I don't really get it. It seems to me that these people are being really hypocritical/homophobic to like yaoi and not slash with real people. I understand that some of it is just personal preference, but being gay, I don't really understand how people can think that way. o__o Can anyone offer some kind of explanation or whatever?

it's just that people think it's wwrong and others want the world perfect without gay people in it...but the world's not perfect it's find with lot's of crap. and people find it strange when someone is attracted to the same sex but it's not a problem just say shut up and leave us along  

ZaffoMufasa

Knobmonster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:31 pm
Real gay guys are just as sexy as the fictional ones.

Especially when they make out. domokun heart

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces