Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitty_Mew

Vice Captain

Vicious Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:03 am
User Image

«Lokeah»
Runaway Slave||Trickster God||Wanna Play?

Silence was what he received from Honey. It got Lokeah to question what he’d asked of the other male and he wondered if it was too much. The young god had never had a need for anything that fell along the lines of conquering so he was at a loss for how to proceed, unlike his companion. Perhaps he would have made a better suggestion if the silence had gone on longer, but there was an interruption that had to be addressed.

There was a messy clatter as a bottle of liquid shattered on the ground behind the bar, but this didn’t alarm Lokeah whose attention was far more concerned with this new confrontation.

He didn’t know if it was a positive or negative effect but Lokeah noticed the other man jolt a little in response to his touch. That was unimportant unless Honey deemed otherwise but in the case it might bring comfort, and to subtly show his trust or maybe reliance, Lokeah didn’t move his hand away.

His eyes had refused to stray from the newcomer, nor did he show any effort to move from his comfortable lean against the bar. Ayluin he’d note, but he only remembered for the sake of this conversation.

“We’re simple travelers from the east. My partner and I wouldn’t mind a nice bed to sleep on.” Lokeah stated, bringing a hand up to gesture to his chest and providing a friendly smile. All the while eyeing the bold movements as the distance between them lessened. Their names couldn’t be used, likely never again if it meant keeping St.Vier off their trail, but he also didn’t desire to conjure up false names in this moment.

“You say that the owners have left, does that make you the owner?” He asked curiously. The idea of the previous owners abandoning the inn was interesting, perhaps even pleasant. There was little signal that told him that this young man would put up much of a fight in accordance to claim over the inn. Still, caution was important.

Who are you?: Honey, a frail creature
Where: SCI main entrance
Mood: Curious, comfortable, a little excited
OOC: ...

Gold_Star_For_Robot_Boy

Rhun Tolihzeh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:58 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Honey
’Ayluin.’ Honey internalized the name without really meaning to, and it took him a moment to realize why. At Haven, he rarely learned anything’s name. Names were for people like him, and St. Vier, but very few others. Unbroken slaves didn’t have names. Occasionally, slaves being trained for specific owners were given names, and it was then Honey’s job to make the name natural for the slave who was to be called by it. But mostly, he lived in a nameless world.

It was a startling return to normalcy to have a person just state their name, and it was, honestly, intimidating for Honey to hear.

He was very aware, from how small the stranger was and how open he appeared, of how easy it probably would be to incapacitate him. But then again, St. Vier was not so large.

He felt a stab of gratitude toward Lokeah as the other man easily assumed ownership of the situation and the conversation, letting Honey combust quietly in the background. He looked the elf over in more detail, since his response wasn’t necessary. He couldn’t help assessing the other as he would another unbroken slave new to Haven: pretty; nonhuman but human-looking; androgynous; young, or young-looking enough to be marketed as young; elf. Honey didn’t know much in particular about elves; St. Vier would. It wasn’t his job to know, just to break.

He turned his gaze away by the time Lokeah stopped talking, belatedly aware his penetrating stare could be rude. He fiddled with the still mostly full glass of mystery liquid he’d poured himself. His hand remained under Lokeah’s, the fingers carefully inert.

”Kitty_Mew”
”Rhun Tolihzeh”

Gold_Star_For_Robot_Boy
Crew

Rhun Tolihzeh

The Committee Staff Vampire

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:24 am
-
OOC: Ohmg, SO SORRY D: I always expect to be quoted so I wait for notice I have been quoted. Yet you guys quoted me and I got 0 notice about it so I thought we were still waiting @_@ Seems Gaia had an issue or something...

User Image

--:::------::---------------------------------------::------:::---
                                                              HP: : 40/40
                                                              Place: Main Entrance, Inn
                                                              Company: Two strangers
                                                              Status: Talking to the white haired male
                                                              Skills: Growth: Can grow small flora if he has the seeds.
                                                              **************************************************Shield: A shield that surrounds him if he conjures it that blocks incoming attacks and repels the attacker.
                                                              Theme: Memories of Home

Ayluin awaited for them to speak or introduce themselves in turn, but the names didn't come. Not that the elf was surprised. In his time working at the inn he had noticed people often were reluctant to give their names. He wondered why. But then thanks to the safety of this place and the owner's care and protection he had noticed little of the slavery in this world loose from idle conversation and snippets about it here and there. In fact the young man had enjoyed so much sheltered time here at the inn he knew little from anything but helping out at the inn and now, with the owner and his mate mysteriously disappeared he was just keeping it up for the man that had shown him so much kindness.

It would seem the strange creature wasn't going to say anything, but the other man at last spoke, just as Ayluin was beginning to wonder what to do next. This situation was highly unusual to him right now. It would seem these two were overly cautious as well, but it didn't sit well with Ayluin not knowing they were ally or foe. Not that travelers would be a big threat and this was an inn was it not? "I see." he replied, wondering if he should have been more careful using his own name. The next question caused the elf to tilt his head a bit in surprise though. He hadn't even considered that possibility. "Ah, no. I don't think so. I have just kept it in condition for when the owner returns. Or if he returns..." he replied.

Beyond the fact that he hadn't even entertained that idea, Ayluin really was not in the need of owning a place as this with so much responsibility. He had escaped the castle in his home world for exactly that reason. If he had wanted to rule or control, he would have stayed at home with his father the king. "There are rooms upstairs and baths on this floor that are still clean and in use." Ayluin said as he glanced at the door to the baths, but he didn't dare to take his eyes off of this duo for long. "I have my room near the stairs, but every other room is available." he added. Not that he had need to claim that room as his own since it was converted into his personal workshop from scraps. Being a talented budding engineer had definitely his advantages in this world.

Profile: Ayluin Saelion

-

-

[color=#00b300]""[/color]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:08 pm
User Image

«Lokeah»

It was a strange concept for someone to be left with a nice place such as this and not take it for themselves immediately after the owner had left for some time. Lokeah was so curious about why that was. Was he actually a slave? Someone who didn’t know better than to remain obedient even in a Master’s absence? Or was this a trick? Curious, curious.

The mentions of the bathes didn’t interest the escaped slave for now. Yes, he knew he was filthy and a part of him desperately wanted it, but there was business that needed to be discussed first. Well… business may not have been the correct word.

“Wonderful, but I don’t think I’ll be needing those just yet. Ya see, there’s something here that I want.” He paused and a smirk crossed his face as the elf turned away for a moment, “It’s nothing much really, and in exchange I’ll give you something you want.”

Lokeah took that moment to slide off the barstool and onto his feet and as he took steps closer to the pale man he hopped that Honey would be somewhat loyal to him. If this chance he was taking took a wrong turn he would want the stronger male to have his back.

“You desire safety correct? I assume without the owner around that you safety becomes more compromised by the day. I’m a god and I can provide that protection for you… given you worship me as your god and support my ownership of this establishment.” He stopped only feet away, if the other allowed it, and stretched his hand out as if to make a deal.

Lokeah couldn’t guarantee Ayluin’s safety if he were to reject the offer but in this moment, with the knowledge that he had, he also didn’t care. There was no value in this life if it stood in his way. He’d just simply continue the plans he and Honey were discussing before this interruption occurred.

Who are you?: Honey, Ayluin
Where: SCI main entrance/bar

Gold_Star_For_Robot_Boy

Rhun Tolihzeh

Kitty_Mew

Vice Captain

Vicious Bloodsucker

Gold_Star_For_Robot_Boy
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:14 pm

Honey
It was an interesting side of Lokeah, one Honey didn’t see. To be fair, any non-desperate, non-slavish side to a person would be new to Honey. It was refreshing, perhaps only because it was so novel. He was consistently surrounded by a very few types of persons: overwhelmingly, the desperate, the aggressive and the pitiful and the maligned, so frightened or enraged that they didn’t really have a personality at all. Then, St. Vier’s other slaves: Anselm, and the Kirs, both figures so neutral as to not really be persons at all. Then St. Vier himself; with all that personality entailed.

Lokeah was closest to that personality, but it was importantly—different. Honey giggled, a low, unhinged sound. If Ayluin said no, it probably wouldn’t go well for him; probably Honey would intervene, responding as if Lokeah were St. Vier. It fit the same archetype; Honey was good at enforcing. It was in deciding, deciding anything at all, that he fell down.

It was so easy to do nothing at all. Just let this happen; destroy and break as necessary.

Something struck Honey, then. No. He’d—left St. Vier, hadn’t he?

This wasn’t right. Not Lokeah seeking ownership of the inn; that was fine. Good, even. It was, rather, Honey’s mute acceptance that grated on him.

”My name is Honey” he informed, probably unnecessarily. Glancing sideways at Lokeah, he added,

”I’m no god, but this will be mine nonetheless.” That was right. He wasn’t just an underling of Lokeah’s. They had escaped together.

”Kitty_Mew”
”Rhun Tolihzeh”

((Sorry for the delay, didn’t realize it was my post))

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:01 am
-
OOC: No worries, I get the same regularly xD Your quote didn't reach me again for example. It happens smile Hope this works! Replied on mobile o.o

User Image

Company: White haired male, Honey
                                                              Status: Talking to the duo
                                                              **************************************************Shield: A shield that surrounds him if he conjures it that blocks incoming attacks and repels the attacker.

Ayluin looked back at the two after the glance and noticed the white haired male was walking towards him. The elf still wasn't to comfortable with that idea, but he was also taught to stand tall. So the elf didn't move from his spot, nor did he take his eyes off the one approaching. They still refused to give their name apparently. At least the other one introduced himself and Ayluin gave Honey a friendly nod before looking back at the white haired male, his gaze lowering to their hand. It would seem that, though they had different mannerisms, they both wanted the same thing: own the inn. It escaped Ayluin why though.

Still, if they thought that the elf would sway from his god so easily, they thought wrong. "I already have a god. And you as one yourself should know how important it is that your followers stay loyal. I will acknowledge your divinity, but I will not betray Lord Larethian by worshipping you. As for the inn though, I have no desire to own or lead it. You can have it. I'll even keep helping out with the tasks I have. All I ask is to keep my own room, though once you seen it, you might agree that is for the best." It was a diplomatic answer, one that betrayed that Ayluin was not just a run off the mill traveler. The elf was even willing to show them his pieced together workshop, surely someone with the skills to work jewelry as well as most machinery would be useful, even to them.

Ayluin had no ambitions nor a long list of requests in exchange for his loyalty. He just helped the ones he could and didn't even care what their ambitions were by now. All he cared about was his free life away from the restraining castle and his royal bloodline. The elf was fine with them owning the inn and he wouldn't care to stop them. Nor that he could really and the owner had been gone so long Ayluin doubted they would come back. With his own counter offer made, the elf carefully extended his hand but he didn't shake the white haired male's yet. That would be bad form after all. They needed to have a choice if they accepted the terms after all. It was a risk, but a risk he had to take. Even though the elf was worried nonetheless. He stayed ready to use his shield at a moments notice in case it was necessary.

Gold_Star_For_Robot_Boy

Kitty_Mew

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100

Kitty_Mew

Vice Captain

Vicious Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:29 am
User Image

«Lokeah»

That wasn’t entirely what Lokeah wanted to hear and he retracted his hand for now. He and his old friend were gods that came from a polytheistic religion, so the inability to provide loyalty to many was odd to him. Insulting even. He didn’t like it… However, the elf was willing to give up the inn peacefully, so maybe it was appropriate for him to at least consider the idea. Not that he needed to, Honey made that clear enough.

Lokeah glanced at his companion and offered a thankful smile for his previous comment before he’d continue. He liked when Honey took part and offered his own ideals, it made this easier. Making deals like this was hard.

“Mmmm, that’s cute.” He said, placing his hand on his hip and shifting his weight to one side. “Ya see, where I come from loyalty to multiple deities isn’t exactly a problem. Defiance like this could be punishable in the eyes of the god that’s rejected.”

A threat? Perhaps. He wasn’t entirely sure how he wanted to deal with such a thing for the time being, but he wanted to place that thought on the table in the case it might be found intimidating, might sway the others mind. “However…” He continued before he could be interrupted. “I suppose I could be willing to accept your terms so long as you agree to pledge your loyalty to us as owners at the very least. Honey and I will take good care of it, I promise.” He offered his hand again, giving the same respect that the other had given to him.

Was that the truth? He couldn’t be sure. Before this little elf showed up the plans that he was making with Honey had been a less desirable approach to claiming ownership, at least in the eyes of those who took residence here. The elf he would let slide, but he couldn’t say the same for others that would reject his desire for worship with nothing to give in return. As far as he was concerned, this was his house now. This was his shrine and those inhabiting it were to be the source of his power, despite whatever Honey desired to do with it.

Gold_Star_For_Robot_Boy

Rhun Tolihzeh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:26 am

Honey
Honey’s assertion of equality had been exhausting, and he was just as happy when the elf didn’t directly acknowledge him or seek his hand in turn. A different sort of personality might have insisted (he could only imagine how St. Vier might have reacted to even this tiny, potential slight); Honey, for his part, decided that the matter was closed for now and, abruptly exhausted, turned away to return to his glass of mystery liquid.

“His” glass of mystery liquid, he supposed, if he’d understood the exchange correctly (he couldn’t assume this; Honey remembered things, even things that had just happened, very poorly when he wasn’t terrified into doing so by his master. Something had likely been done to his brain, some change his master had wrought years ago; or maybe it was simply the pressing weight of years living as he had that made his mind such a sieve).

He swirled the liquid around rather than drink it, and a single detail of what the elf had said stuck in his memory.

”What’s in your room?” he asked. He had no particular intention in asking; he didn’t want to take it, necessarily, though the part of him that was used to breaking slaves down recognized that seizing this last bastion would be a good method of subjugation, if he ever intended to do so.

”Ayluin” he added, mostly to try out the sound of the name on his tongue. Pretty; there was an exotic sound to it that would be appealing to the right buyer.

”Kitty_Mew”
”Rhun Tolihzeh”

Gold_Star_For_Robot_Boy
Crew

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:32 pm
-
OOC: -

User Image

Company: White haired male, Honey

Lord Larethian aside, even if Ayluin wouldn't be a follower of the elven god, he was unlikely to follow a god who couldn't even share their name. This did bother the elf a little. Not because he needed to know so badly, but it might also mean they likely had less than friendly motives by being here. Still he couldn't deny that it would be a relief if it meant he wouldn't be suddenly bombarded to owner of. He was not the type to own much of anything besides his room. And when the other's hand was retracted it put Ayluin on edge, though he wouldn't show that on the outside. It didn't look like they were going to attack though, so he waited for a moment. Slightly surprised he heard the white haired male call him cute and he raised an eyebrow slightly trying to see what was so cute about what he had said.

Only to be followed up by what sounded rather ominous. Ayluin was tempted to explain where he came from it was frowned upon to switch gods so casually. It was known to happen at times, but only if they changed their life around. Larethian being the God of elves and art, Ayluin was a devout follower. Ayluin glanced at the other's hand when they offered it once more. He hesitated slightly but not because he disagreed, more like he didn't trust the man. After that slight hesitation and still cautious, Ayluin finally shook the other's hand. "That is fine by me. I don't want to own this place, I have other ambitions than real estate." he said before letting go once they shook hands on it and he glanced back at Honey while rubbing his neck.

"I was already working here in exchange for my room." he added. It didn't matter who owned this place really, all payment he needed was his room, a roof above his head. Ayluin was slightly distracted when he heard Honey speak once more however. It would seem he had sparked an interest in the creature's mind. "I converted part of it into a workshop. I am a jewelcrafter and Engineer." he replied to the question. Jewelcrafting had been his main until he discovered engineering and ever since he had honed his skills in both. He was older than he looked after all. The elf wondered what would happen to the inn from here on out, but he didn't really worry about it. "Like I said, I am perfectly willing to keep doing my duties I always have here. They included check ins, cooking and cleaning." he explained to the two.

If they were to be the new owners, it was only logic they knew what he did for work here after all. That said he was not going to suddenly do everything all at once. He now took tasks divided over days as well to keep up the inn. Since he also always kept working and improving on his two main skills. "If something fancies you like some jewelry or perhaps some sort of machine, I am more than willing to work on it for you as well." he added, speaking to both now ever since he replied about his room. It would always be some sort of training too.

Kitty_Mew

Gold_Star_For_Robot_Boy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:36 am
User Image

«Lokeah»

There was hesitation when his gesture was accepted, and Lokeah didn’t quite understand it. He didn’t view himself as scary or something of a potential threat. Ah, but he wasn’t the best judge of that these days was he?

Lokeah clasped the others hand firmly and gave it a little shake before allowing them to part ways. “Thanks man. The names Lokeah, but I’d prefer if you refer to me as Loki outside this room.” He said, finally allowing the other male to know his name. The shortened name? It was a sad attempt at a cover to make himself less noticeable to St.Vier if someone heard of this new ownership.

That whole situation right there was stressful, for him at least so, when Honey spoke up again, he took a moment to sigh in relief and then backed away to the barstool to sit again. The question he’d asked hadn’t even crossed Lokeah’s mind, but perhaps it should have. He knew very well just what secrets could reside behind a simple door.

Lokeah offered a smile at the comment, slowly shifting into something more personable. “Yeah I’d like ya to keep that up to earn your keep. Don’t know about Honey, but I know I couldn’t manage some of those bits myself. You really don’t wanna try my cooking.” He said and stuck out his tongue. Surely whatever he cooked would drive off any patronage the place had.

“I’m not much into the techy bits… but he might.” He leaned back and pointed his thumb to Honey, “What kinda folk do you do that work for though? Any masters?”

He needed reassurance that this elf wouldn’t one day be a problem. If he made devices like what St.Vier had that was dangerous. He didn’t know the extent of what they did, but Honey did inform him that the lack of the device was what granted him his freedom from Haven. However, even if the machines ceased to be the problem, there’s still that chance that if he communicated with masters word could get out about where He and Honey were before they were prepared. That alone could be a problem.

Why did freedom have to be so damn difficult?

Gold_Star_For_Robot_Boy

Rhun Tolihzeh

Kitty_Mew

Vice Captain

Vicious Bloodsucker

Gold_Star_For_Robot_Boy
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:30 pm

Honey
Honey’s mind shifted as the small elf listed how he could be useful. Jewelcrafting, engineering; physically broadly appealing, exotic, well-spoken. Light-skinned elves performed better on the markets, at least initially…

Honey shook himself out of the mindstate he’d been falling into with some ferocity, breathing harshly out and flinging his cup of pleasing mystery liquid away, where it shattered against a wall. There was no dramatic intention behind the motion; he was trying only to force his mind out of its current pattern. It would have been so easy to take Alduin as he was now--so, so easy. The way that Lokeah was acting now, he didn’t think the former slave would stop him; perhaps, he would help him. Perhaps…the elf could be their slave, even.

The patterns to subdue the elf quickly played in front of Honey’s eyes, and he curled in on himself, teeth gritting together, shoulders hunching in a wholly unfriendly matter.

He wasn’t thinking of it as such, but he was lucky he was with someone like Lokeah, in this instance. Someone charming, who drew the eye, who drew all attention--he was, however much Honey didn’t want to think that way, a kind of St. Vier surrogate. At least in the respect that, while he was there, he drew the eye. Honey could hide in relative obscurity, though the obscurity that came from a group of three wasn’t anything like as comforting as the obscurity that came from being St. Vier’s slave, a background figure among hundreds.

Honey flinched, uncurling slightly when Lokeah’s thumb pointed at him. His expression was blank. He could imagine the point of Lokeah’s question, which really amounted to asking whether this Ayluin had any powerful friends. Any intelligent creature who recognized the question for what it was would answer ‘yes.’ To answer ‘no’ would be to admit that there was no one sufficiently powerful to, say, pay their ransom, or rescue them from creatures like--well, like Honey, or…like Lokeah?

The elf’s previous answers had been sufficient for Honey to make the evaluation Lokeah seemed to be attempting now, and he laughed from his semi-curled position, a harsh sound.

”Obviously not. Right, Ayluin?”

”Kitty_Mew”
”Rhun Tolihzeh”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:13 am
-
OOC: -

User Image

Company: Lokeah, Honey
                                                              Status: Re-accessing the situation

Ayluin startled slightly when he heard another bottle break before he sighed a bit. It was quite a waste really, to be throwing with that drink so callously. But since the elf was not interested in owning the establishment, it really wasn't his problem if they wrecked the stuff that could earn them a pretty coin around here. If Ayluin had noticed one thing while working for the two felines, it was that there was no shortage of desperate drinkers wanting to forget today's worries and just drown their problems in drink.

"I'll remember that Loki. And I'll be happy to cook for you and possible guests. It was my task here already either way once the owner disappeared." the elf replied, his eyes glancing at Honey as Lokeah pointed him out. Yet the way Honey was suddenly acting didn't stride well with the young man and he was once more at the ready to use his shield if the other would suddenly charge at him. So far it looked like the white haired man of the duo was the better of the two. They were showing intelligence, pretty kind considering the world they lived in and he wasn't looking suddenly like a coiled snake.

The significance of the question didn't escape the silver haired elf either. He lived long enough in this world to know what it meant to have powerful friends. Though he wouldn't lie about it and shrugged. "No masters that I know of. But I do work for enough people to have a few powerful people among them if that is what you are curious about. Some come for me for the more mechanical weapons. Not my preferred weapon, but it pays in needed materials." he replied. Though Ayluin abhorred weapons and fighting, he had occasionally done work on guns and rifles for a bounty hunter or two. Whether or not they were regular costumers or not didn't matter. It felt like it was best to keep that kind of in the middle for now.

By now even to the elf it was clear they were trying to consider his clientele. It wasn't like he had any regulars that would miss him, but considering the situation, he wasn't going to tell them that and he kept a very straight face as he spoke of it, as if he was considering a list in his mind about any powerful clients that might be masters. The elf wasn't completely ignorant, at least not anymore. "There are a few who would miss me and who would fight hard to get me back. Since I am known for mechanical works. It seems to be on the rise lately." Ayluin then said nonchalantly as if he had a few powerful people that would make trouble for any who would try and rip him away from the inn or try to submit his intuitive mind.

Besides whenever he used his shield nothing could break through anyway, if they tried anything. A bonus since he used it since he was a very small child. They'd get repelled pretty harshly, for which the elf wouldn't even need to apply extra pressure. "So what about it?" he asked, diverting the subject. There was plenty of stock left still. "You want something to eat?" he asked. It would seem he would be doing the cooking anyway. He might as well make himself unmissable in his free state as much as possible. After all there was no guarantee he would cook at his best if they tried anything funny.

Kitty_Mew

Gold_Star_For_Robot_Boy

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100

Kitty_Mew

Vice Captain

Vicious Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:11 pm
User Image

«Lokeah»

He was thankful for the cooperation of the elf. To be quite honest, Lokeah wasn’t entirely sure how he wanted to handle owning the building, among other things, but being able to keep it as its current front was valuable enough. It was the safety he desperately needed, before anything else.

Lokeah jumped at the sound of the shattering glass as it hit whatever surface Honey had thrown it at. The trickster hadn’t directly focused on the other male for quite some time and perhaps that was unwise of him to do. At least that’s what he felt after his head snapped in the direction of his companion. What was going on in that head right now? What was causing him to take such an unpleasant position as he spoke to the caretaker of the inn?

A questioning look was given to Honey before he turned back to Ayluin. “You and me both,” he replied, disliking the idea of weapons simply for the inconvenience of them, “But it’s a shame it doesn’t bring in more connections.” He be lying if he didn’t also find himself thankful of the lack of master’s being present in the inn though. If the elf worked with them there would then be the lingering question of if St.Vier would show up for such services. It was still a possibility, but less so.

He fidget a little when he found his way back to a bar stool, finding that any further attempts to look dangerous were likely unnecessary for the time being.

“Mmmm, so you’re saying there are those that might defend you? The inn as well if need be?” Lokeah questioned. Well, there were a couple reason why he wanted to ask that one. Yes defense was all fine and dandy, but if this kid had someone powerful protecting him from within that could make any moves against him difficult. The displeasure of being denied worship over another god, or at least alongside them, was still fresh in his mind. It wasn’t a subject he would so easily let pass as time went on. Ah, but he knew that he couldn’t let that be known. Maybe to Honey. He liked Honey enough and had placed a certain amount of trust in the other when considering further moves with the inn and it’s caretaker. So he let it be for now.

The mentions of food made that easy enough to do. “Ah yes!” Lokeah exclaimed, and his expression noticeably brightened.

“Don’t think I’ve had anything decent to eat since the last place we stopped at. I’m starving,” he said. Okay, saying that what he had to eat last was a stretch. Despite how pleasant that cookie, after whatever he’d snagged on the street, wasn’t a pleasant experience and cancelled the taste out. He knew better than to make a mistake like that again. “You don’t mind if I join ya in the kitchen though hmm? I’d like to get to know the place.”

Gold_Star_For_Robot_Boy

Rhun Tolihzeh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:32 am

Honey
There was a wholeness to the moment that Honey could observe from the outside. Or, no, not a wholeness, exactly. A wholesomeness, a stability, that made him deeply uncomfortable. Lokeah and the new slave--”No he corrected himself. ”Not slave.” He doesn’t have a better word for what Ayluin is proposing, but he understood the difference--chattered about the necessary bodily comforts, moving toward the kitchen perhaps to cook something.

Honey stayed behind. The idea of entering a kitchen, of cooking--”slave’s work” his mind supplied, in the derogative, though he himself had been a kind of slave--was abhorrent to him.

There was something constrictive about the inn, safe as it felt. Honey felt a certain performative pressure that he was positive he couldn’t sustain.

Lokeah could casually talk about rooms and food and niceties. Honey had absolutely no experience doing that. The closest he could compare such conversations to were the small ones he had with new slaves while they were being sorted, of the kind he’d had with Lokeah before he’d broken the once-slave out of Haven.

In truth, he wouldn’t have known what to do with himself in a kitchen, and didn’t want to betray his ignorance.

Shoulders still hunched forward, Honey looked toward the exit. Maybe it wasn’t too late to just walk home; that was, back to Haven. He’d done his good deed. Of course, if he went back, he would almost certainly tell St. Vier about this place, about how untethered and easy to subsume it was. He wouldn’t mean to, but he’d tell the slavemaster about Lokeah and Ayluin both.

…And why shouldn’t he? Blunt fingers tapped along the bar. What loyalty did he have to these two? Was freedom, the afternoon he’d spent of it, living up to his expectations? So far he felt merely twitchy and deeply confused.

Yes, he had for years fantasized about letting a slave escape Haven before it could be fully processed, before its mind was emptied and its body trained for whatever service St. Vier felt was appropriate. He had, himself, been unhappy.

In that respect, what had changed?

But then, if he didn’t do anything differently, what could change?

Honestly, Honey didn’t know how much of a mind he had left. Clearly, in this moment he was trouble struggling with some fairly basic ideas. If Lokeah (or even, maybe, Ayluin) had come up to him in that moment and given him a clear order either to leave them alone or come to the kitchen, he would have responded immediately in the affirmative.

No such order came, and his mind blanked, chugging over itself and raking itself across great, damaged places where probably a personality had once been.

This wasn’t for him. He felt acutely that this wasn’t for him. But he didn’t really want to betray Lokeah. His eyes unfocused, his hands shaking.

Nothing changed, but he made some non-decision, and pushed himself off of the bar. He didn’t, at least, look aggressive, but followed Ayluin and Lokeah into the kitchen silently.

”Kitty_Mew”
”Rhun Tolihzeh”

Gold_Star_For_Robot_Boy
Crew

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:29 pm
-
OOC: Hope this works! Kept it pretty much in the open in case Loki and/or Honey want to explore the kitchen xD

User Image

Place: Kitchen, Inn
                                                              Company: Loki, Honey
                                                              Skills: Growth: Can grow small flora if he has the origins (seeds, roots etc).

The elf followed the two with interest. Much for keeping up as well as to not take his eyes off them. Though they seemed amicable enough so far, Ayluin wasn't going to risk getting grabbed from behind. Mostly with Honey. With how they had suddenly acted, the young man had suddenly been more reminded of some beast in the shadows ready to pounce the first inattentive prey. And Ayluin was not about to oblige by being said prey. When Loki spoke again, the elf diverted his gaze to them again but he made sure he could still see the other from the corner of his eye. "Defend me, with deadly force if they have to, yes. Defend the inn? Not so sure about that. We're just a stop along a rugged road after all." he replied. It wasn't even a complete lie or denial. There were one or two of his customers that had taken a liking to the elf just the way he was. And one of them could be a bit of a loose cannon when it came to defending the purposeful male, providing he'd find out.

If only because they were a vampire that was allowed to feed off him in harder times and they had taken a liking to the pure blood of the Moon Elf. Ayluin had found it rather scary even though he trusted them, but now it was a good thing. Not exactly rich, but strong. Thankfully that wouldn't be necessary so far. Still the young man felt relieved when Loki got distracted when he mentioned food. "It is time you have something decent in your stomach again then." Ayluin replied and smiled a bit. Though he was a little surprised when they asked if they could join him. For a sliver of a moment Ayluin wondered if they feared he would poison them or something but then he shrugged. "If you want to see the kitchen, by all means." he said and walked to the kitchen, though he made sure he didn't completely lose sight of Honey until they were well and safe in there. From there he finally allowed his focus to waver a little bit so he could cook something good.

It seemed like the other creature stayed in the main entrance hall for now, so that also helped to relax the elf somewhat. Ayluin walked to the cabinets that the original owner had made and looked through them picking up some dry ingredients before he moved to a nearby box that had been enchanted with ice magic which kept the contents cool. Still even Ayluin needed to pull up a miniature shield around his arm to avoid the ice magic freezing his arm and when he was done he closed the box and went with the ingredients to the stove. The elf never was able to find out just how the owner had managed to get that stove working, but he was full glad it did as it gave him time to find a mechanical solution in case it would ever break down.

Ayluin just put on some of the vegetables he had grown with his nature magic using preserved seeds and started to boil them for a hearty broth when the doors to the kitchen opened. If Ayluin had been any less brave he might have startled but now he looked at the doors to see Honey coming into the kitchen. "Feel free to take a seat over there if you want." the elf offered, more self assured than he felt and he pointed at the nearby table. Loki and Honey could sit there and wait if they wanted to. From there he looked at what he had picked up and decided that some sweet food might be liked too after the meal. He knew he liked it. But then, seeds were in very short supply in this barren land and he wasn't exactly rich with them. But since they were the first guests in quite a while, the elf decided he would do it.

It might even proof in his favor in the long run. As it required freedom to keep stocked. The elf stirred the broth once more after it started boiling a bit and lowered the heat like he had seen Bardo do before. He then went to the nearest item that could hold earth from outside, grabbed some of the ground and put it in there before he went out of sight for a moment so he could grab some roots from his pouch without giving it away. When he came back up, quite soon after, he was holding the makeshift pot and had put the roots in the dirt which he placed on the table before concentrating on the pot for a moment.

To the untrained eye it might seem like he was just standing with his hand over the pot until a feint green light emitted from his hand that went into the dirt, 'felt' around for the roots and then started to return them to the usual state and started growing into a small bush which then filled with strawberries. Ayluin allowed for them to ripen into a sweet state and to grow a few more extra roots which he could take out of the dirt later before he stopped his magic. For an elf like him this was an easy task, small bushes. He didn't work on larger plants plainly because he still didn't trust the two with him and it required a lot of energy to grow larger ones. Once he was done he picked the strawberries and after stirring the broth once more and turning the heat of the flames down, he cut them into slices and put them in a bowl which went back in the ice aspected box. This was an easy recipe, but since it was getting a bit later in the day he would leave the better cooking for the day after. Still he was confident in his cooking skills and once he filled three bowls he placed them down on the table. "I can make something larger when I have a day for it, but enjoy your meal." he said as he sat down. His bowl was a lot less filled than the other two bowls but that was because he already did eat and he would just join to share it with them.

Kitty_Mew

Gold_Star_For_Robot_Boy

Silver Claw Inn

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items