Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[Void] An End, To All Things Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:53 pm
Juniper Wilcox

She didn't much care if they called anyone, she had voiced her opinion on whom she thought, out of the three, was the best choice. Not calling anyone was probably the best idea though considering the options they had.

Taking the piece of paper offered to her, Juniper sighed but did as suggested. If this was going to help move this process along she was all game.

Tree - Magic
Trinity - for balance/stability
Key - trust/understanding  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm
      As the paper passed by, Veronica followed along with the others, jotting down tree, trinity, key as her vote. She only hoped it was right.

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:45 pm
Darcie O'Hare
Void
+1 persuasion
+1 combat/agility
HP 19

Darcie shifted from foot to foot. She really didn't feel like she should have a vote here. I mean, it was her world too, and she cared about it, but all these symbols, glifs, runes?! It was so over her head she might as well be ten feet under ground. The girl looked down at the symbols. She liked the tree, anything to do with the beauty of nature was cool in her book. She only vaguely knew about the trinity. But the key. She was a little uncertain on that one. Keys opened amazing things, and locked them away as well. But who was she to speak out against all these much more knowledged people. Darcie signed it, and looked around the room at the people that held her world in their hands.
Quote:
Tree
Trinity
Key

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:27 pm
Chester Poole

Gloom. A teacher of all sorts of magic, it seemed. Chester looked at the phone following its fall from nowhere, then at the proceedings around him, finding it difficult to concentrate in the moments before the end of the world. At least he was silent, feeling the weight of his magic influenced by the girl's calm even if he was not.

lizbot
chiickadee
The Semblance of Unity

Rabbit Vaughn

Rabbit took the paper when it was offered, scribbling down his choices in a hand that was not his own. If things went to s**t, maybe it would be harder to pin any sort blame on him if they couldn't tell which of the choices were his.

A tree for growth, life, a place for the sirens to perch.

A door so both sides of Ashdown could come and go as they pleased.

And a key, just in case the other side acted up and the door needed to be locked for a little while.

Quote:
tree, door, key
rabbit has not read the runic dictionary

Smerdle

Scamp

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:50 pm
America Jones

Picking up the coin, America gazed it in a sort of pleased consternation. "It's ah...usually the glow fades as the magic settles in." She huffed out a soft piece of laughter and then closed her hand around it. "I'll try it out. The way to get it working it to squeeze it tight, think about hiding."

Abruptly, the world turns dark around the group. For America, she can see through the shield, not quite clearly but well enough. To the rest, they were suddenly surrounded by darkness.

"It feels a lot bigger and stronger than usual," America's voice, still calm, can be heard in the darkness. "I just gotta think about leaving this bit of shadow and..." Abruptly the group of four was visible, all of them able to see clearly.

"Well dang," she holds out the coin to Chel, it was still glowing. "I think this one is juiced up!"

Quote:

Chel & Temperance have learned: The Shadow Shield Glyph

shadow shield glyph: the item marked with this glyph will allow the user to hide within a small pocket of shadows, blocking them from being seen and protecting against a single attack. the user may only hide themself in it. the item may be tossed at the ground and used as an escape, disorienting a foe, or tossed at another person to protect them but the item will be sacrificed and another must be made.

the magic will fade with repeated use and will need to be refreshed. it can later be upgraded to be more effective.

note: the learned version is a slightly weaker than America's. Glyphs learned from her may only be created (and refreshed) in Other Ashdown.

Bonus: Due to multiple people adding magic to the glyph in this location and its closeness to all things magic, this particular coin is now a super charged glyph.

"Multiple people focusing on the shadow shield glyph results in the glyph being burned into the coin as well as it glowing faintly. The effects being boosted: what would normally only hide a few can now hide a group and would like wise confuse/disorient an enemy if they were caught in it." -Em

chiickadee
the semblance of unity
smerdle
HAVE HIM MEET WITH AMERICA TO GET THE SKILL AFTER OK PLEASE RP WITH ME /throws self at smerds

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:56 pm
Temperance Clark

She nearly jumped when it darkened - an odd effect. "So it... works like a cloak?" And Temperance glanced around. There was a paper being passed for the sigil.

"Oh, can someone write shield and tree on there for me?"

Preacher Maria

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll write ya junk down since you're busy havin' a lil pow-wow when ya could be actively participating." Preacher rolled her eyes. Sure a magically charged space might be ideal in some ways, but this wasn't really a good time. Unless the lot of them were content to not be a part of this. Ugh.

Maybe she wouldn't write down the nurse's choices at all, she thought pettishly.

lizbot
chiickadee

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:01 pm
Jordan Miller

Jordan had quieted and let the others talk as more people joined the discussion; he didn't know enough about magic to feel that he really could add much to the discussion. When the paper came to him, though, he added his votes.

Tree - growth and change
Door - freedom
Key - trust/understanding  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:09 pm
America Jones

Calling out her own choices, America said, "If it's got anything close to a door, I'm for it. Even god gave the devil a way out of hell." After a moment she added, "For the rest, whatever looks stable."  

lizbot

No Faun

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:12 pm
Preacher Maria

Taking the paper back, she huffed and wrote in America and Temperance's choices. An then her own: shield, door, tree. "Hold please while I count 'em up."

Preacher pulled out yet another scrap of paper and began making tally marks on it, muttering under her breath as she did so. "Alright folks. Your sigil choices are brought to ya by the power of democracy n' s**t. Eleven votes for tree, eight votes for key, n' six votes for the triknot-thing-whatever." She held up the paper.

"So now we gotta take placement suggestions. Tha floor is now open for discussions of what s**t go where."

OOC
You have chosen.... TREE! KEY!! annnndd TRIKNOT!!! for your symbols. Next we must figure out placement and then get this shindig on the road c:

endejester
quite uneventful
chiickadee
prolixity
blade kuroda
cibarium
lizbot
daekie
kolina
micillia
kitsuneaura
smerdle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:50 pm
Chel leaned over and gave America a kiss on the cheek. "That'll do jus' fine, darlin'." She plucked the coin from America's hand and pocketed it for now; she still felt the slight singe of magic humming in her pocket as it settled.

"So what we're doin' ... s'like that on a bigger scale?" Chel was slow and didn't follow along. "Tree, key and whatever- 'as like what you wrote on the coin?"

lizbot
sorry i havent tagged! been busy >_

the semblance of unity

smerdle

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:59 pm
Shun waited as Preacher went ahead and tallied everything up. Well that set was acceptable, he supposed.

"Tree with either its branches or roots shaped in the trinity knot. Key set in the trunk. Alternatively have the roots be one thing and the branches be the other," he suggested with a shrug.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:24 pm
America Jones

"Yeah, I think so, 'least along the same lines. It's a big magic so maybe there's extra stuff involved, but nothing we aren't in some way prepared for is my reckoning. At the very least, it's good to get to know your magic and the ways you can move and focus it into something." She leveled a look at Preacher, she'd heard that bit of sass but it wasn't worth getting shitty over. They did have work to do after all.

Inhaling the the warm, home-y scent that lingered from her own magic, America considered the results, already trying to focus more thoroughly on the meaning of what they were going empower.

Unity, Growth, and...what would a key really be? All sorts of things. A key was a solution right? A solution made tangible, the sort that can be passed hand to hand. To grow together toward the true answer? It sounded nice, in all honestly. Maybe even better than, Everything Is Fixed Right Now. As ideal as the latter may be at the moment.

"Does that notebook have any of those in it? Just in case there's additional ways the work with our sorts of magic."

endejester
chiickadee
the semblance of unity

lizbot

No Faun

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:43 am
He blinked and then nodded. “I’ll look for the symbols.” He agreed.

“I… I had a thought too, that maybe we shouldn’t make too much of it ‘part’ of the tree. Just in case that means if the tree falls than we loose everything. Maybe it’s a stupid thought but, I think putting things in the branches is good, and then making sure it’s a tree with deep roots.”

lizbot

the semblance of unity

shibrogane
Looking up the tree, the Triknot, and key

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:05 pm
Leila

"Remember how there's six stars in the original sigil? We can do that here too, like have more than one tree or key."  

cibarium
Crew

Noob

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:13 pm
Marcus had expected two things to happen when he jumped. One was that he would enter into the cosmos, become one with the universe and turn to stardust. Also known as dying. The other was ending up back in Ashdown because someone had actually fixed this whole mess.

He was wrong on both accounts.

When he came to in the void, the first thing he took stock of was that he could feel his toes. His socks were warm and each tow could still feel and wiggle. Next he checked his fingers. Also there, perfectly fine, wiggling and moving. Legs, arms, neck, spine. He wasn't dead- and if he was the world was letting him think he still had a body so that was nice. Granted this was not Ashdown or the world as he knew it but-

"Zac!" The kid had been one of the first to vanish and they had made a promise, one Marcus wanted to keep-
"Juniper! Shun! America! And...7-11 girl!" He smiled at Chel like she also was somehow one of the best people he'd seen all week.

"Everyone is alive!"

He looked so happy for a moment then-
"Wait, we are all alive right? I'm not just imagining things right?" He checked his hands again, just to be sure.

endejester
Blade Kuroda
Kolina
lizbot
chiickadee

[[Im back whoops hello]]  
ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers