Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
[What Is Yaoi] Most Yaoi fans are girls? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yup, so true....
View Results

Prince_of_Dimness

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:18 pm
My friend had a whole theory on it.

Guys like girlxgirl. It's kind a hard to find a guy who doesn't think two chicks going at it hot and heavy isn't the sexiest thing alive. And most females don't really care. Straight or not they will hit on each other and flirt for the hell of it.

Guys don't like guyxguy because they, themsleves don't like guy on guy. If there isn't the support from both genders then it falls through. If guys were like girls in that they could flirt with each other it would be more widely accepted since there is support from the male gender.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:26 pm
Or maybe it's just because males like to be in control and like you know, but with two guys one has to be the b***h... eg the problem  

Boogie The Witch~Ronin

Prince_of_Dimness

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:23 am
Probably. Guys are stupid.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:56 pm
I think it's because many girls are straight and don't like seeing girls with the guys because either they don't WANT to see girls or because they're uber fangirls and don't want some bishonen with another girl. Also, guys can be kind of closet-gay-like so that could be why many guys don't like it.  

Poopmahpantz

Lumicran_Minamoto

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:20 am
You mean like, how they could possibly fear being targeted?

I think that deep down, a lot of guys like yaoi. They just don't like admitting it, because then, they might be picked on by peers... sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:15 am
I like it, and I am a guy, but that is not the point at all.

Yaoi is made by women for women. Essentially, the other person is just a women trapped in a man's body, nothing more. The target for yaoi is women, so naturally more women will be consumers to the genre. Logically this makes perfect sense.  

LEMURIANsavant

TokiTokiBun

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:46 am
Agreed. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:03 pm
There is actually a good reason for it... women feel less intimidated twards gay men because they know that they have no sexual interest in them. Makes them be more... themselvs. domokun rofl 4laugh (This one reminds mr of Shu-chan)  

WEG_champ2010

This is Major Tom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:41 pm
That's because yaoi is a shoujo genre, for girls. It's mostly written by women, for other women. It's not a "gay" genre, it's a girls' genre. Any attempts to look up yaoi or research it will reveal that.

We girls like yaoi cause we like pretty boys. Pretty boys times two just makes it better.

If guys don't like it as much, their loss. Nobody says they have to. Not everybody is going to be into it. Gay guys can like it. Straight guys can like it. Any guys at all can like it, but it's still mostly a female driven genre about guys who like guys. Not exactly the most socially acceptable hobbie to have wink  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:39 pm
[Maybe that's 'cause it's made for girls?]
[Why're you on the guild if you're so against it?]

Discussion

choco_ryness

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:14 am
Yeah.. Oh so true.. there needs more yuri fan girls.. x_x  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:23 pm
but its so CUTE!  

saite-chan

Aged Codger

Dalton Rive

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:51 am

Everyone else has already made the good arguements. It's made for women, there are more women in the world, etc etc.

Last time I checked I was a guy, though. And I'm proud to be a yaoi fan.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:06 pm
I'm a guy and I like yaoi though I'm not gay by any means. It's just girls like the idea of two hott guys pounding each other sexually  

blackhawkme

blackhawkme

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:09 pm
It's just natural that women want to see two guys having deep affectionate love for each other totally openly but not looking like drag queens  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff