Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
[Discussion] parent's reaction when they saw you liked Yaoi? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What happened when they found out!?
  I was in trouble
  I got yelled at
  They dont know! >.<
  They were fine with it! O.O
View Results

General Ninja Ferret

Demonic Master

24,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:21 pm
Well, I was playing on my computer and my sister was talking to my mom...

Sister: Mom, my sister's a pervert.
Mom: ...huh?
Sister: She's looking at graphic stuff
Mom: -turns to look at me- What?
Me: Boy love mangas.
Mom: Ew. -walks away-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:41 pm
my mom made me take everything out of my room and took away all my anime crying .......  

me_in_d_net

Artemis-X

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:47 pm
I had purchased a couple new manga that we got at the store I work at, and had shown them to her when I got home, telling her how excited I was that we finally got the volumes in, that I had been waiting a long time for them to come in. Note before I go any further: when my mom was in high school, she had a lot of gay guy friends, so she's cool with gays and lesbians, plus she works with a few of them and they are the coolest people. Anyway, she looked at them a moment and then looked up at me and asked "Is there something you want to tell me?" I'm thinking -Crap, I'm busted. She knows I'm bi- but didn't want to spill if that wasn't what she thought. So, played along with it. "What? I'm just happy that we're finally able to get stuff like this in America. All the other manga I've read, it's been hinted at with some characters here and there, but never a manga fully fledge to a same-sex couple. I guess that since I've been exposed to it for such a long time in anime and manga, that I don't really see sexuality anymore." She bought it =D  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:06 pm
When my mom found out what gravitation was, and mind you she bought it for me, the conversation went somthing like this:

Mom: Do you have somthing you want to tell me missy?
Me: What do you mean?
Mom: Well theres the fcat that you tricked me into buying you gay anime
Me: I didn't trick you though. I asked and you bought.
Mom: You know we don't watch the gay thing in this house!
Me: But you let me watch it when Louie was over
Mom: First, I wasn't down stairs at the time and Second, Louie is gay and is old enough to own his own house. He has an exuse.
Me: *sigh* ok what do you want to know
Mom: How long?
Me: explain
Mom: How long have you been a lesbian?
Me: *faints falls down stairs*

She HAD to have that conversation at the top of the stairs didn't she? I think she for got though and my dad doesn't know so I think I'm safe.  

Silent_Revolver

issan_angel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:37 pm
I will sum it up in the words of my mother

SCREEEEEEAAAAAAAMMMMMM!!

*coughs* yea  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:11 pm
issan_angel
I will sum it up in the words of my mother

SCREEEEEEAAAAAAAMMMMMM!!

*coughs* yea

rofl 3nodding rofl Well Said.

xD I haven't told my mom, neither does she want to know. I think I've given her hints by having my computer's wallpaper full of pictures when the two main characters kiss in Kannazuki No Miko (Yuri) or other Yaoi/Yuri type wallpapers... xD whee cool ninja

- n_n  

Violet n_n

650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

themonkeyofdoom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:25 pm
my parents don't know.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:37 pm
Ha ha! They don't know and they don't need to. rofl

Roost3rTail

2,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Member 100

~lawl~monster~

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:58 pm
I dont think my parents know sweatdrop but if they knew they probably wouldn't mind or care for the matter...so yeah I'm cool my parents are also...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:32 am
i dread to think about my parants would say. My mum got funny when i saw Brokeback Montain...lol...Why can't more people be opened minded?  

passage_of_time

[.Arion.]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:50 am
My mother will never find out xD
She doesnt even know I'm gay, despite the fact I'm 18 and never brought a girl home.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:54 am
well noe cept mi buddeh and boyfriend noes im uberly obssesed wit yaoi...actually im gettin her to like it too muwahaha my mom would prolly be kinda okay wit it shed prolly be just like "but dont let your sister see"
my dad whom is a homo-phobe would prolly be all like evil grrrr no more library or money for books grrr  

NaneXx

Ms.Tofu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:51 am
My mom doesn't know but my dad does. My sis and I got a 3 hour lecture on the evils of homosexuality ending with a question somewhere along the lines of "what would you do if your roommate at college were a lesbian?" BUt then he stays up late to watch anime with us and all he can focus on are the two lesbian chicks. Only reason he watches anime at all. My mom would probably send us funny looks for a month before she freaked.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:34 am
My mom was cool with it since she had gay friends. She even bought Brokeback Mountain for us to watch together and she reads my yaoi manga.
Which she still has my Kizuna vol. 3 stare
*will have to steal it back*

My brother doesn't care but I doubt I could get him to buy me anything yaoi. Imagine his surprise when he found out Mirage of Blaze had shounen-ai in it. He gave me all 4 dvds rofl and it took guts for him to drag me out of a yaoi room so we could go home, considering me and the other yaoi fans were playing pin the c**k on the uke xd
*conventions rock*  

Yoko_Erai

Kawaii_Kappa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:12 am
my parents don't know....I don't think they'd like it at all either. sweatdrop  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff