Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply ♻ATG Archive
ATG 3/3/14 - <3 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Visitor Count (last week we had 88 :shock: )
  *lurks*
View Results

FaithBlack

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:17 pm
Did you guys know about this? This list is EPIC!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:21 pm
xx I met my fate xx
It's a sad state of affairs indeed but I'd take it with a grain of salt. I've mentioned Solia many many times and I had a link to it in my sig for a while with my username. I was never bothered about it. The only reason I changed it was because the guild changed our rules regarding it so I did it to comply with them.

While I have seen people being warned for it, I certainly hope that those particular mods are just overzealous.

Yeah, we keep getting "banhammer" scares, but upon further inspection, we always find that the real reason was something else...

For instance, there was a supposed banhammer for using the term "white knight" to describe someone who defends Gaia's sales tactics, but looking through the post history of those people revealed lots of threats-- including death threats-- and other equally inflammatory remarks against Gaia's staff, mods, or other members.

So yeah, take it all with a grain of salt. It's most likely not as bad as some people are making it look. And many users have a reason (not saying there's any excuse) to release their venom against Gaia staff and trying to turn other people against them now.

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:02 pm
FaithBlack

Quote:
Rereleases in La Victoire

507. GaiAcademy Awards Surprise (399 GC) [Mar. 2. 2014]

This alone is maddening. There should never have been THIS many COMBINED announcements on Gaia over the course of a year, much less from September 2013 to today, MUCH LESS this many sales of items (and this is not even counting every other list in that thread).

That... just paints a much worse picture of this site than I ever realized. sad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:28 pm
TS Sailor Cronus
FaithBlack

Quote:

This alone is maddening. There should never have been THIS many COMBINED announcements on Gaia over the course of a year, much less from September 2013 to today, MUCH LESS this many sales of items (and this is not even counting every other list in that thread).

Right?! That was exactly what I felt! (I'm sorry, by the way)
But at least it allows us to be slightly more realistic about the state of Gaia
It's not even complete yet. It's mostly updated by ONE GUY, who, as I'm sure you can imagine, has a difficult time keeping up with 9 announcements a day, which we've hit at least twice this week.  

FaithBlack

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:39 pm
FaithBlack
TS Sailor Cronus
FaithBlack

Quote:

It's not even complete yet. It's mostly updated by ONE GUY, who, as I'm sure you can imagine, has a difficult time keeping up with 9 announcements a day, which we've hit at least twice this week.

I know. emotion_facepalm And he said that it's all supposed to date back to June/July of last year, but I'm not seeing anything much older than September...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:44 pm
TS Sailor Cronus
FaithBlack
TS Sailor Cronus
FaithBlack

Quote:

I know. emotion_facepalm And he said that it's all supposed to date back to June/July of last year, but I'm not seeing anything much older than September...

I don't know anything about that, you'll have to ask the guy who made it, I just found it today.  

FaithBlack

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:12 pm
FaithBlack
I don't know anything about that, you'll have to ask the guy who made it, I just found it today.

It's right there in his top post, second line after the titles.

Quote:
Below contains a list of Gaia Cash Sales since July 2013, or more specifically, the month in which Club Verge officially opening.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:38 pm
FaithBlack
TS Sailor Cronus
FaithBlack
TS Sailor Cronus
FaithBlack

Quote:

I've noticed when I perused the past announcements that they get bumped by date when a staff member posts in it (of which we can't see), so its hard to really tell unless you go through all of them and find the post date. On top of that, last week when they blew the announcement record on the 28th most of the posts were written on the 27th and announced the next day. It was all preformatted/premeditated so its really hard to tell unless you are on Gaia 24/7 watching the announcements as they come popping up.

Zandykins is a pretty organized person so even if he/she is not on, I'm sure there are people helping him/her keep tabs. I don't doubt any of the info Zandykins has posted.  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:42 pm
TS Sailor Cronus
Javier Cross

What happened to Shadowfax? How did he get banned?

Its heavily implied he was there during another rally against The Dark Lord of Gaia, and without a warning he was banned all of a sudden.
The last I heard of him before the matter, I stumbled on him at Tumblr and hoped to show him around.

If he were alive, he would have wanted us to find some way for gaia to re-establish communications with the community once more if we ever hope to save gaia itself.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:46 pm
Javier Cross
TS Sailor Cronus
Javier Cross

Its heavily implied he was there during another rally against The Dark Lord of Gaia, and without a warning he was banned all of a sudden.
The last I heard of him before the matter, I stumbled on him at Tumblr and hoped to show him around.

If he were alive, he would have wanted us to find some way for gaia to re-establish communications with the community once more if we ever hope to save gaia itself.

Uh... When you say "alive" you mean, "active/ on this website" right? eek

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:59 pm
TS Sailor Cronus
Javier Cross
TS Sailor Cronus
Javier Cross

Uh... When you say "alive" you mean, "active/ on this website" right? eek

It is pretty much also that, too.
In any case, communications must be re-established, and we always knew that something akin to 'Ask the Admin' was meant to be held on some time like Friday or Saturday, not Monday if it was done at a Once-a-week basis rather than the Twice-a-Week basis that would have better helped the site.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:14 am
I hate gold generators...theyre the main reason why items at MP is soooo inflated DX  

mafre

Wheezing Pyromaniac

10,550 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50

AgentBlackSwan

Eloquent Shapeshifter

21,950 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:45 pm
Izzy Said Rawr
I am not sure what to say. But the Gold Generators need to go. :/ this is getting annoying. An item I wanted dropped down to 900k and now its back up in price crying

I agree. A gold generator ONCE A YEAR is more than enough. Every other freakin' week is really slamming the Gaia economy. A lot worse than what the US government has done to the US economy for sure.

At least the government isn't hyping stuff to get us to "spend spend spend! and spend some more!" BAH! I am so SICK of getting announcements about those generators AND items that cost ridiculous amounts of GC to buy!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:23 am
At this point, I'm glad I was poor as f*** when I made a temporary hiatus (for school). I come back to this sorry state. Any gold I may have saved would have been worthless -.-"  

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100

Magnolium

Jeering Fatcat

9,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tipsy 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:35 pm
xx I met my fate xx
Binku_Muja-

Really? This is what the guild is now? A thread for people
to whine on and be completely ignored by Gaia? Because so
far, things have only gotten worse and we've done what?
Set up a freaking thread.

I can't help but notice how this guild isn't even attempting
to do anything that would bring the dissatisfaction of the users
to gaia's attention since the previous person in charge quit.

Petitions are not going to do it.
Banner's are not going to do it.
Whinging is not going to do it.

At least the last person who was in charge organized a day where
members would avoid using the site in protest and on that day
Gaia released three different sales in the cash shop in order to lure
people on. (I found out the day after the sign off day)

So I will be quitting the guild. Thank you for your time.

I'm sorry, I didn't see you putting in any ideas when we put up threads asking for them. What is it exactly that you think we should do? Storm the gaia interactive offices and torch the desks? We're a group of people whose only common meeting place is the INTERNET. There's only so much we CAN do.

We boycott cash
We write letters
We start petitions
We manage threads in the SF
We spread the word
We do things PEACEFULLY because sitting there screaming at the top of our lungs accomplishes NOTHING. At least if we come off as responsible, logical adults there's a chance we'll be listened to.

We do our best with what we have. Another day of silence was considered but the crew voted that since so few people ACTUALLY TOOK PART in the last one, it was worthless.

Our way may not be your way but I sure as HELL don't see you attempting to give us any ideas. We can't read your minds and without the input of the users this guild cannot operate.

Plus, it seems that half of our users are offended by LITERALLY EVERYTHING and without alienating them, our hands are tied to really do much.

to the both of you really,

wouldn't setting up a script: things this guild is in objection to, copy pasting that script making available to every guild user, and have an organized day to bombard the Gaia Staff Q&A sessions!! this guild needs a manifest or it'll never reach an organized stage to procure serious attention. However, i dont see anything wrong with what the guild does now, we post threads to inform guild users-powerful tool. i just think YES we need more activism, let's be smart about this- fighting through the internet can do a lot.  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff