Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 💡Site Feedback and Ideas
Revolution: Gaia Magazine - First Issue posted Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How'd the first issue come out?
  Pretty!
  Meh.
  Maybe you should not make another..
View Results

0Ul

Versatile Girl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:03 pm
Quadropopilous

((Is this acceptable or should I scrap it and try again?))

Do you remember shaking trees or posting profile comments for gold?
Do you remember the excitement when the contents of our monthly sealed envelopes were revealed?
How about the excitement of waiting anxiously every Friday to see the announcement about which of our beloved EIs continued to evolve or reach their stunning and exciting conclusion?

Remember when it felt like we were all part of something bigger as a part of the Gaia community?

I do.

But now, I honestly feel like I don’t matter anymore. It feels like I’m barely there.

With a whisper as loud as a scream, I want to express exactly how I feel when it comes to the feeling that Gaia staff just doesn’t care about us anymore. Or even worse, that Gaia cares only about those that spend money to purchase Gaia Cash. I'm tired of all the cash shop announcements, and I'm more than a little disappointed that we still have no Loyalty Shop. I'm disheartened by the lack of any kind of updates or improvements for features that don't generate revenue (i.e.: Guilds/Inventory Arranger). I'm especially bothered by the apparent lack of concern and indifference from Gaia admin and staff: The very ones that once felt like a part of my extended Gaia family.

It’s made me want to leave this site for good. To give away everything I own or to simply log off and never return. It’s made me want to burn everything I’ve ever bought or quested over the span of my years here on Gaia.

Do you feel that way too?

Rather than throw up our hands and give up, maybe we could express how we feel with a peaceful protest and an expression of how we’ve been made to feel as though we’re all Barely There.

Will you join us on (insert date here) as a part of something bigger? With a whisper as loud as a scream and an avi to match as we all come together as a collective voice to have our voices heard.

Will you dare to go bare?

I will.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:42 pm
Quadropopilous

++ For you guys, please post pictures of the avatars you want me to use to
represent the each of you in the magazine (as I know avatars can change day to day
depending on mood) ++

Does this work? emotion_bigheart

0Ul

Versatile Girl

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:12 pm
Quadropopilous
++ For you guys, please post pictures of the avatars you want me to use to
represent the each of you in the magazine (as I know avatars can change day to day
depending on mood) ++

Current.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:59 pm
0Ul
Quadropopilous

((Is this acceptable or should I scrap it and try again?))

Do you remember shaking trees or posting profile comments for gold?
Do you remember the excitement when the contents of our monthly sealed envelopes were revealed?
How about the excitement of waiting anxiously every Friday to see the announcement about which of our beloved EIs continued to evolve or reach their stunning and exciting conclusion?

Remember when it felt like we were all part of something bigger as a part of the Gaia community?

I do.

But now, I honestly feel like I don’t matter anymore. It feels like I’m barely there.

With a whisper as loud as a scream, I want to express exactly how I feel when it comes to the feeling that Gaia staff just doesn’t care about us anymore. Or even worse, that Gaia cares only about those that spend money to purchase Gaia Cash. I'm tired of all the cash shop announcements, and I'm more than a little disappointed that we still have no Loyalty Shop. I'm disheartened by the lack of any kind of updates or improvements for features that don't generate revenue (i.e.: Guilds/Inventory Arranger). I'm especially bothered by the apparent lack of concern and indifference from Gaia admin and staff: The very ones that once felt like a part of my extended Gaia family.

It’s made me want to leave this site for good. To give away everything I own or to simply log off and never return. It’s made me want to burn everything I’ve ever bought or quested over the span of my years here on Gaia.

Do you feel that way too?

Rather than throw up our hands and give up, maybe we could express how we feel with a peaceful protest and an expression of how we’ve been made to feel as though we’re all Barely There.

Will you join us on (insert date here) as a part of something bigger? With a whisper as loud as a scream and an avi to match as we all come together as a collective voice to have our voices heard.

Will you dare to go bare?

I will.

++ Looks great! We'll set up a thread prior to the magazine for the "Barely There" event. We'll have to come up with some cool events to run for it. Everyone
likes prizes ++

Quadropopilous

Rare

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:33 pm
Quadropopilous

Just thought I would drop this here  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:28 pm
Also, I've sent out several PM's to Art Shop holders and have gotten 2 replies back declining, thus far I haven't filled any of the art shop ads.

sweatdrop I'd hate to see the art shop advertisements cut...  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:21 pm
Pwnder
Also, I've sent out several PM's to Art Shop holders and have gotten 2 replies back declining, thus far I haven't filled any of the art shop ads.

I can start looking myself if it helps.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:13 pm
Javier Cross
Pwnder

I PMed everyone on the list you gave me, who didn't have a post saying closed, but I got back 2 declines and nothing else. The art community is in really bad shape. If you can find people that would be awesome, but I only have until tomorrow and I got to work all day on top of that gonk
If you do, you are more than welcome to use the sample PM I posted like 2 pages back.

Right now I have to add 3 more participants and get them approved

*edit*
I got one participant!  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:17 pm
Pwnder
Javier Cross
Pwnder

I PMed everyone on the list you gave me, who didn't have a post saying closed, but I got back 2 declines and nothing else. The art community is in really bad shape. If you can find people that would be awesome, but I only have until tomorrow and I got to work all day on top of that gonk
If you do, you are more than welcome to use the sample PM I posted like 2 pages back.

*edit*
I got one participant!

I will get this quest started before 12:00 At Midnight happens, but fair enough if you don't want to reveal which artist it is, lest it comes across as gossiping, okay?

Do not forget that the Role-playing community is in even more atrocious shape than the Art Community as it stands, and the Literature and Anime/Cartoon/Comic/Manga Community is not even sacred at all!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:27 pm
Javier Cross
Pwnder
Javier Cross
Pwnder

*edit*
I got one participant!

I will get this quest started before 12:00 At Midnight happens, but fair enough if you don't want to reveal which artist it is, lest it comes across as gossiping, okay?

Do not forget that the Role-playing community is in even more atrocious shape than the Art Community as it stands, and the Literature and Anime/Cartoon/Comic/Manga Community is not even sacred at all!

It's Sintalokse btw. I dont' see any reason why secrets on i should be kept since they agreed to go public anyway. He said if he finds anyone interested he would point them my way. If there are more, I hope that I can get an extra day or two to fill in those blanks. I added 1 more roleplay to the ad as well, but could still do with a few more to make it look worthy. I should have another game/contest submission soon too. That should make it at least 2 participants per category all around. Not bad,but not as good as I had hoped. We will see what happens by tomorrow, I might have my work cut out for me. I wouldn't be surprised if some members haven't logged on yet cuz there are about 10 in my outbox unread.  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:37 pm
Pwnder
Javier Cross
Pwnder
Javier Cross
Pwnder

*edit*
I got one participant!

It's Sintalokse btw. I dont' see any reason why secrets on i should be kept since they agreed to go public anyway. He said if he finds anyone interested he would point them my way. If there are more, I hope that I can get an extra day or two to fill in those blanks. I added 1 more roleplay to the ad as well, but could still do with a few more to make it look worthy. I should have another game/contest submission soon too. That should make it at least 2 participants per category all around. Not bad,but not as good as I had hoped. We will see what happens by tomorrow, I might have my work cut out for me. I wouldn't be surprised if some members haven't logged on yet cuz there are about 10 in my outbox unread.

Sintalokse is the overall leader of the sub-group for willing artists, I will be forever grateful Sin did that.

I'd recommend Kitsune Rena as well if/when she's up for it, actually to represent the willing artists.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:43 pm
I keep trying to edit the article I'm looking at, but we keep getting power outages. It's a mess out here. The power went out right in the middle of my work when I tried again this morning. We've had a really bad ice storm where people are still having to clean up the power lines, people with trees smashed through their homes and cars, etc. Plus I keep feeling tired/ sleepy constantly. Not sure what's causing that...

PLUS we just had an earthquake on Friday, and I hear there has been at least one aftershock. DX I've been having to deal with an attack of nerves as well, since I've never before been in an earthquake, so hearing about the aftershock didn't help me any. emo

I'll keep trying to finish this article I'm on, but I can't make any promises, and I'm so very sorry for that.  

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:30 pm
Issues here too.
I have one more participant to add but I've been stuck at work and won't be able to get it done today. Probably tomorrow evening for sure. gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:34 am
Pwnder
Issues here too.
I have one more participant to add but I've been stuck at work and won't be able to get it done today. Probably tomorrow evening for sure. gonk

Your Sister Flandre and Kitsune Rena are to be accounted for, if neither of them have been added yet.
I need to go find more artists at the moment, maybe Kitalpha Hart?  

Javier Cross

Quadropopilous

Rare

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:26 pm
TS Sailor Cronus

++ Thank you for that though. Whatever you get done is still appreciated. I didn't even
plan on having an editor to be honest! Remember there's still quite some time so
don't feel too rushed. It's -veeery- easy for me to just slap in the edited articles over
the other .pdfs. I asked for the articles so soon to give us two weeks to tweak, work,
and whatever else with them. When you finish one, let me know and I'll send you another.
I don't want to give them all to you at once though since that can always feel really
overwhelming. And I certainly don't expect you to edit them all if you're unable.++
heart heart

Pwnder

++ Same with you, you can take the additional week or whatever to finish with the ads.
The only thing I was worried about timelength wise was for the articles themselves.
So don't sweat it. You're definitely a big help with the ads. And it helps the community! ++
heart

The Dark Closet Rebellion

xx I met my fate xxx

++ Still waiting on articles for you two. Let me know if anything's amiss. ++

Everyone

++ Aside from the two above and Darius Runan everyone has submitted their articles
before tomorrow's due date. Hurray! Good work everyone. I'll be working on the .pdfs
periodically and have now updated the front page to show which ones are complete
and which ones aren't. So pay attention there for how things are going. If you guys need
anything from me, or have any questions please just quote me or send me a PM.
I'm around a lot of places reading, looking, browsing, working, so I don't always
catch who's talking to me and needs my assistance. ++

💡Site Feedback and Ideas

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces