Your all going to Hell! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you beleave in Hell?
  Yes
  No
  An eternity of Pergatorial GOLD for me...(pole whore option)
View Results

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:21 am
Merry Platypus

What I'm curious to know is...

Why does that statement offend you if you don't believe in Hell?

That's an excellent question. I second the motion on this inquiry.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:57 pm
night01
"Hell" can't be proven, no one can't say it's real because you need to die to go there and a daed person can't come back to life. Plus "Hell" is a place to scare kids from doing the wrong thing.
amen xd  

Alex_The_Strange

watching_u

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:04 pm
what the hells hell??  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:11 pm
I really don't care, though it dose bug me at times when people at school tell me that.  

A Sleeping Darkness

Kazza Reaper

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:43 pm
A Hell eh? Well, let's see, I don't really believe that Hell exists unless it's in the mind. But peple tell me all the time that I'm going to Hell, like some holy rollers once at a fair started following me and telling me I was going to Hell, I told them I was Wiccan and hell wasn't part of my religion. Hehe, he stopped dead and stared for a while, then the stupid rant started up again. But usually when someone tells me Im going to hell I tell them I'll meet them there twisted hehe that stops them.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:04 pm
MortSanglant
Merry Platypus

What I'm curious to know is...

Why does that statement offend you if you don't believe in Hell?

That's an excellent question. I second the motion on this inquiry.

Whether or not a person is insulted is largely due to whether or not the statement made is meant to insult. Even something that's blatantly untrue can be insulting if posed as such.

For example (immodest as it may be), I know myself to be a very smart person. Even though I'm confident in my own intelligence, I'd still be insulted by someone telling me that I'm stupid. I know that I'm not stupid, but the implication that I'm stupid offends me no less.

Likewise, even if a person doesn't believe in Hell, telling them they should be there/are going there is insulting.  

GilAskan
Crew

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:54 pm
we're in hell? so you all must be my hellmates...

part of me believes in a purgatory, one of my own devicing. another part of me believes that when we cease to be...our spirits are cast upon another plane of existance, and wether or not we ascend to a higher plane or rot in our own private purgatories lays purely with free will...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:12 pm
"The hell to be endured hereafter, of which theology tells, is no worse than the hell we make for ourselves in this world by habitually fashioning our characters in the wrong way."
-William James, The Principles of Psychology, 1890  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Nikki the Juggalette

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:02 am
Honestly I believe this is hell, kinda what I've believed for a while now. I do get told I'm going to hell all the time for multipul things and i just say "I'm already there" and walk away...it usually shuts them up.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:46 am
I have been told to go to hell and that I am going to hell by people who don't even really seem to be angry with me. sweatdrop
I've also had someone try and "save" me. I don't find it really offensive when someone who says it is going by the Bible or another text but I do find it offensive when I can tell they are using the biblical reason as their reason to tell me to go to hell. 3nodding
As far as believing, I can't imagine what hell would be like so it never leads to anything to think about it.

AdrianaKitten

AdrianaKitten

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:48 am
KeevanSixx

part of me believes in a purgatory, one of my own devicing. another part of me believes that when we cease to be...our spirits are cast upon another plane of existance, and wether or not we ascend to a higher plane or rot in our own private purgatories lays purely with free will...

Yay a hellmate! 4laugh twisted
You think there'll be only male urinals in female hell and this device with nails you must enter for male hell? rolleyes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:23 am
then i was younger, my parents told me that EVERYONE was going to heaven, no matter what. It didnt matter if they were christian or not, or what they had done, every living soul would go to heaven no matter what. and why? because god forgives.....thats was what i was told.

Im not christian, but i like my mom and dads version of god ten times better than any other "you are going to hell, because you wear black" version.

Thats the god thing about denmark, even though 85% of the danish population is a member of the dansih christian church, there is allmost none neo conservatives who judges you right away.  

doom1000

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

AEtherclaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:54 am
respond to them in the nicest way possible "see you later then"  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:20 am
AEtherclaw
respond to them in the nicest way possible "see you later then"

hehe, i will remember that one if somebody ever tells me that i will go to hell.  

doom1000

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:16 pm
AdrianaKitten
KeevanSixx

Yay a hellmate! 4laugh twisted
You think there'll be only male urinals in female hell and this device with nails you must enter for male hell? rolleyes

device with nails?

oh....

you must mean public high school.... wink  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out