Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Loveless]*~Updated-->other things~* new poll Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TADA!!
  Magic!
  wow!
View Results

MooMooJuice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:00 pm
bitterSweetFate
MooMooJuice
bitterSweetFate
Hey! So I like. Found the thread! redface Hehe. So... can anyone answer my questions? xd -glomps-
1] Why does Soubi have 'beloved' carved into his chest and why does it bleed?
2] He's not dead is he? - You should know who I'm talking about... I don't want to spoil anything. heart
4laugh Thanks! Asnwer pwease? Pretty pretty pwease? -doe eyes-
- ninja Sarah Lee San

1- Because he's betraying his name. (That's what he says in the manga anyway.)
2- highlight spoiler>> No. <<

Did anyone else have Youji's named spelled Yoji in the english version of the manga?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!1 [>_<] Another question?!
1] Ristuska does NOT lose his ear right? -shudders-
2] Soubi's sensei is the one he lost his ears to?
3] Why do the Seven Moons wnat Ritsuka? - I don't think anyone knows this!? twisted

1) I think Kouga has said before that he doesn't (at least not until he's a legal age. Also, I saw a picture of him when he's like, 17, and he still has his ears.).
2) I don't think it's been said yet where Soubi lost his ears.
3) Also don't think that's been said.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:39 pm
MooMooJuice
bitterSweetFate
MooMooJuice
bitterSweetFate
Hey! So I like. Found the thread! redface Hehe. So... can anyone answer my questions? xd -glomps-
2] He's not dead is he? - You should know who I'm talking about... I don't want to spoil anything. heart
- ninja Sarah Lee San

Did anyone else have Youji's named spelled Yoji in the english version of the manga?

3] Why do the Seven Moons wnat Ritsuka? - I don't think anyone knows this!? twisted

1) I think Kouga has said before that he doesn't (at least not until he's a legal age. Also, I saw a picture of him when he's like, 17, and he still has his ears.).

It has been led to believe that the cause of Soubi's ears being lost are due to possible actions involving Ritsu-sensei. Possibly rape.

Why do people want Ritsuka to lose his ears so desperately? D:

Oh well, anyway, it is not certain if that is meant to happen yet simply because LOVELESS is not even finished yet. It is currently being seriallized in ZERO SUM, where every month a new chapter is released.

Pax et lux

ClumzyKittenz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:54 pm
i love Loveless. but they only sell the manga and there only releasing #1 and #2. so i have to go 3 states away to get it .  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:50 pm
ClumzyKittenz
i love Loveless. but they only sell the manga and there only releasing #1 and #2. so i have to go 3 states away to get it .

You could order it from an anime website. I'd recommend Anime Corner. I've purchased many, many things from that place.  

Lunar Kissed

psychotic LEE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:59 am
X.rainbowflavoredpride.X
MooMooJuice
bitterSweetFate
MooMooJuice
bitterSweetFate
- ninja Sarah Lee San

It has been led to believe that the cause of Soubi's ears being lost are due to possible actions involving Ritsu-sensei. Possibly rape.

Oh well, anyway, it is not certain if that is meant to happen yet simply because LOVELESS is not even finished yet. It is currently being seriallized in ZERO SUM, where every month a new chapter is released.

Well the Loveless anime has. I think. Episode 12. ZERO SUM? I don't quite get the manga... I know that in Singapore it's Tokyo Pop.... 'Cause I live in Australia where anime is hard to come by and if I do it's like. $14.95 and when I go back.. to singapore it's like. $7.95-$9.something. So meh. A new chapter??? Like. Volume? Or what?
Ps.Thanks MooMoo Juice! heart
Pps. I don't want Ritsuka to lose his ears! scream NOOEEEEESSSS gonk He's cute and innocent like that! blaugh -glomps-
~ Lance-san 4laugh  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:45 pm
bitterSweetFate
X.rainbowflavoredpride.X
MooMooJuice
bitterSweetFate
MooMooJuice
bitterSweetFate
- ninja Sarah Lee San

Well the Loveless anime has. I think. Episode 12. ZERO SUM? I don't quite get the manga... I know that in Singapore it's Tokyo Pop.... 'Cause I live in Australia where anime is hard to come by and if I do it's like. $14.95 and when I go back.. to singapore it's like. $7.95-$9.something. So meh. A new chapter??? Like. Volume? Or what?
Ps.Thanks MooMoo Juice! heart
Pps. I don't want Ritsuka to lose his ears! scream NOOEEEEESSSS gonk He's cute and innocent like that! blaugh -glomps-
~ Lance-san 4laugh
Yes, it is quite common for manga to run in a magazine like SHOUNEN JUMP or MARGARET. Loveless is seriallized in a shoujo-manga magazine called ZERO-SUM. Therefore, Loveless is infact a shoujo manga. People mistakenly call it Boy's Love because of the 'relationship' between Ritsuka and Soubi.  

Pax et lux

Lunar Kissed

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:49 pm
I think Ritsuka looks cute with his ears. He doesn't need to lose them!

X.rainbowflavoredpride.X
Yes, it is quite common for manga to run in a magazine like SHOUNEN JUMP or MARGARET. Loveless is seriallized in a shoujo-manga magazine called ZERO-SUM. Therefore, Loveless is infact a shoujo manga. People mistakenly call it Boy's Love because of the 'relationship' between Ritsuka and Soubi.

Kind of like we wouldn't call Sailor Moon a BL series just because of relationships like Kunzite and Zoisite, right? Yet isn't classifying series as "shoujo" and "shounen" just to illustrate the target audience?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:00 am
Fantasy Moon

X.rainbowflavoredpride.X

Kind of like we wouldn't call Sailor Moon a BL series just because of relationships like Kunzite and Zoisite, right? Yet isn't classifying series as "shoujo" and "shounen" just to illustrate the target audience?

Ya guys lost me there. Kinda new to the whole Shounen Shoujo thing. Not to mention Anime.... Manga... meh. gonk It's so expensive and hard to find in Australia! And I only started like. The last month... ninja  

psychotic LEE

Pax et lux

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:00 pm
Fantasy Moon

X.rainbowflavoredpride.X

It's true that the audience is mainly girls, but Loveless is, indeed, a shoujo manga. You can read more about it here. ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:10 pm
OMG eek I LOVE LOVELESS!!! You can watch it on YouTube ^^. Anyway...I'm not quite finished yet...I've got one more episode to go! Does anyone know if they plan on making another?...maybe that's a stupid question since I haven't even finished it yet!  

D.O.O.M.

ice_blu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:55 pm
Well has, anyone seen the picture posted(read the page update, pg 1 of thread) on Yun Kouga's site. It's very pretty, right when I saw it, I just thought that Yuiko and Ritsuka were wearing middle school uniforms/uniforms. Cute pic, love it.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:14 pm
D.O.O.M.
OMG eek I LOVE LOVELESS!!! You can watch it on YouTube ^^. Anyway...I'm not quite finished yet...I've got one more episode to go! Does anyone know if they plan on making another?...maybe that's a stupid question since I haven't even finished it yet!

I hate to tell you this but the series was cancelled... Although I am replying to a year old post so A) You might have already found out. or B) you might have left this guild. At any rate I thought I would answer the question.

I also thought I would revive this thread simply because I love the series so much. I didn't want to be scolded for creating a new thread so... I thought I would be a bit of a "necromancer" as it were... Although this might get me just as badly scolded.

Where was I though, ah right, my affection for Loveless. Sufficed to say, I like the manga far more than the television series, quite litterally because it explains everything and doesn't leave you with a goofy "Duh" expression like the end of the anime did. That was really disappointing I tell you... personally I don't think an anime that was cancelled in Japan should have been brought here(no matter how adoreable in parts) because it just leaves the fans wanting more.

Basically anime works was a little unfair to us in my mind for doing that. At any rate though, what's done is done and I suppose I should be thankful for what I do have... The fact that Ritsuka is adoreable... and Soubi is amusing... and sexy(for ink on paper) beyond all reason ^^;  

Hoshi no Miko

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MooMooJuice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:34 pm
I didn't know it was cancelled.
I thought it was made more to advertise the manga, and that they never planned to continue it... And from that veiw of thinking, I really liked the anime. I was already reading the manga, and I never did think of the anime as seperate from the manga. So I guess I wasn't dissapointed at all when the anime just stopped, because I knew what was going to happen anyway.

I wonder if I'm making any sense at all...

Anyway, moving on... I'm very confused about Soubi's scars.
Do they appear and re-appear whenever?
Because Ritsuka has seen Soubi with his bandages fully off before in the very beginning, and there was never any comment about Soubi's scars... but in the 6th (7th?) volume, Ritsuka acts as if he's never seen them before when Soubi shows them to him at the rest stop!

Now, I find it very strange that Soubi's scars dissapear... At first I thought... maybe they're normally not visible, and they just appeared during battle? That would make sense... It would be like his name, right?

But then, if that was the case, why did he need the bandages all the time?
And later, at the rest stop, they weren't in a battle when Soubi took the bandages off to show the scars. gonk

So how do they work?
I-it's so very confusing! I am utterly lost! crying  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:14 pm
MooMooJuice
I thought it was made more to advertise the manga, and that they never planned to continue it... And from that veiw of thinking, I really liked the anime. I was already reading the manga, and I never did think of the anime as seperate from the manga. So I guess I wasn't dissapointed at all when the anime just stopped, because I knew what was going to happen anyway.

Because Ritsuka has seen Soubi with his bandages fully off before in the very beginning, and there was never any comment about Soubi's scars... but in the 6th (7th?) volume, Ritsuka acts as if he's never seen them before when Soubi shows them to him at the rest stop!

Now, I find it very strange that Soubi's scars dissapear... At first I thought... maybe they're normally not visible, and they just appeared during battle? That would make sense... It would be like his name, right?

And later, at the rest stop, they weren't in a battle when Soubi took the bandages off to show the scars. gonk

So how do they work?

I suppose the Loveless anime would make more sense if it were only put on the air to advertise the manga... and if that WERE the case, then yes, I would be less hard on it. However because I was informed it was cancelled, I am a little miffed.

As for Soubi's scars... well that is a little bit of a noodle scratcher... I only just got to volume 6 as I am buying the manga as it's released, so I have not seen that part in volume 7... However with the rumors I've heard I am even MORE confused.

Because in the rumors I heard, Seime stole Soubi and carved the name Beloved into his neck himself... so it REALLY wouldn't make sense for them to disappear and reappear then at all... However like I said that's only hear say, I am not sure what's happening with any of it yet. And I suppose that rumor could be false because there's a scene in the manga where the scars start bleeding and when Ritsuka asks Soubit why, Soubi replies with, "It is because I am going against my name." Which could lead me to believe that yes, he was Beloved's fighter.

Much of our dear Yun Kouga's work is rather confusing as it is, so I am not sure we'll see answers until the end... if we see them at all.  

Hoshi no Miko

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MooMooJuice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:48 pm
HoshiNoMiko
MooMooJuice

So how do they work?

I suppose the Loveless anime would make more sense if it were only put on the air to advertise the manga... and if that WERE the case, then yes, I would be less hard on it. However because I was informed it was cancelled, I am a little miffed.

As for Soubi's scars... well that is a little bit of a noodle scratcher... I only just got to volume 6 as I am buying the manga as it's released, so I have not seen that part in volume 7... However with the rumors I've heard I am even MORE confused.

Because in the rumors I heard, Seime stole Soubi and carved the name Beloved into his neck himself... so it REALLY wouldn't make sense for them to disappear and reappear then at all... However like I said that's only hear say, I am not sure what's happening with any of it yet. And I suppose that rumor could be false because there's a scene in the manga where the scars start bleeding and when Ritsuka asks Soubit why, Soubi replies with, "It is because I am going against my name." Which could lead me to believe that yes, he was Beloved's fighter.

Much of our dear Yun Kouga's work is rather confusing as it is, so I am not sure we'll see answers until the end... if we see them at all.

Well, if you're only on volume 6, then this'll be a spoiler... (Although I'm not sure if it's actually true myself, as I have yet to see this part in the manga, But then again, I haven't read all of the chapters that are out so far.)
>> I heard Soubi isn't Seimei's fighter. He was just a stand-in or something, and Soubi's actually like... a blank fighter or something (he doesn't belong to anyone). And that Nisei (sp?) is Seimei's real fighter.
<<
The names seem to possess some sort of magical powers. So even if it was forcibly carved into him, as long as it possesses it's magic, it might be able to do strange things, like dissappear and reappear?

I mean... Yamato's name dissapeared.
Although... Hers probably wasn't carved into her..  
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games