Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Archived
~Soquili Stats Bonus Questions~ [December is All Stats!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 36 37 38 39 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:05 pm
Owner's Name: Lady Aria Starstone
Participating Soquili: Miroqi
Link to Teepee: Teepee!
Do you think being fleet footed would secure a win in a fight against an opponent who was stronger?: "Secure a win? Well no, not on it's own. Just being fast isn't anywhere near enough. Sure, it helps but... No. You need more then speed to win."

In what element do you feel you would be the slowest?: "I... what? IN? How would I get in one specific ele... You know what, let's go with 'earth.' If I somehow end up encased in dirt, sand, mud, whatever, the weight and the solidity of it? Yeah that'd slow me down pretty thoroughly."

Alternatively, in what element do you feel you would be the fastest?: "... are these questions a joke? No? Um. Well. That... I. Um. I guess fire? Because if I was IN a fire I'd be running my fastest to get out. I mean... that's... I hope that answers it? Cause seriously, these questions make NO SENSE to me."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:12 pm
Owner's Name: one over three
Participating Soquili: Mencari
Link to Teepee: Probably this
Do you think being fleet footed would secure a win in a fight against an opponent who was stronger?:
He shakes his head, no. A win would be possible, but by no means guaranteed. After all, your opponent may only need to hit you once.

In what element do you feel you would be the slowest?:
Mencari scratches at the dirt beneath his feet. Tunneling would be by far the slowest method of travel.

Alternatively, in what element do you feel you would be the fastest?:
He takes a deep breath, then lets it out slowly. Here in the spacy old forest, with space to run and trees to climb. It's the only place he may be able to truly outrun an opponent.

one over three

Feline Cat

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:36 pm
Owner's Name: II--Gen3sis--II
Participating Soquili: Matania
Link to Teepee: [x]
Do you think being fleet footed would secure a win in a fight against an opponent who was stronger?:
"It is certainly possible," she replies evenly, "just because one has a greater strength does not mean that they are all powerful. Even the most powerful can fall to a small, more speedy individual. It's about how you use your abilities and to not underestimate your opponent."

Matania looks thoughtful for a moment, "in my experience it has been within the element of cave dwellers. There is not enough room to spread my wings and fly. Not that I couldn't use my wings to physically attack another should the need arise. But caves and tunnels are not my strong suit unfortunately. Regardless, it just makes me work longer to strength myself."

"Without a doubt it's up in the sky and in wide, open spaces. The feeling of the wind in your feathers and against your face. There is no greater feeling than that. The ability to stretch yourself out to your true potential is very, very empowering. There isn't any other feeling quite like it. At least, not that I've found yet."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:14 pm
Owner's Name: Huroggmeten
Participating Soquili: Ean
Link to Teepee: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=8654653
Do you think being fleet footed would secure a win in a fight against an opponent who was stronger?: Ean's grey eyes stared, un-blinking, while he thought the question through. "The outcome would depend upon whether the fleet-footed challenger possesses the endurance to match their agility, for as strength wanes with fatigue so does speed. Being fleet of foot is not enough alone to secure a win." He had assumed the obvious, that the strength was physical, not mental... a cunning opponent could not be outwitted by grace.

In what element do you feel you would be the slowest?: "Forging bonds." He had no true friends, he loved is mother but he did not know his father... and he had yet to find that special someone in his life, that so many around him seemed to find (if only a fleeting fancy). He was slowest in building relationships.
He would flush upon hearing the answers of those about him, and realize his mistake in the meaning of the word element. "I can't walk on water, and any speed in lakes or rivers is attributed to the current and not my own speed."

"Earth. Solid. Cloven hooves, traction." His abrupt responses were a side-effect of suppressed embarrassment, trying to recover from his earlier mistake.  

Huroggmeten

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:16 pm
Owner's Name: LydaLynn
Participating Soquili: Pele
Link to Teepee: Teepee
Do you think being fleet footed would secure a win in a fight against an opponent who was stronger?: Pele thinks about the question for a very long moment. "If it is a win to escape, to live, then yes. I don't really know much about fighting. I try to avoid it mostly, and since I can fly it is much easier to do so." Not sure if that is answer enough, she thinks a little longer before taking a breath to finish her thoughts. "As for a fight . . . If two soquili were fighting, I think the faster one would have an easier time avoiding getting hit, but when he was hit, the stronger one would do more damage. It probably depends on other conditions than just speed and strength."

In what element do you feel you would be the slowest?: She doesn't have to think about this one, "Water. I . . . I don't like it. It is . . . frightening. I have a very hard time thinking when I'm in a body of water, moving . . . it doesn't happen so well. I try to avoid getting into water whenever I can."

Alternatively, in what element do you feel you would be the fastest?: Pele sighs as she thinks, "Well . . . I suppose air. Since I can fly and trees and rocks and such wouldn't slow me down. But I prefer to have the journey be what is important, more than the destination. At every opportunity, I will dance my way through life. Being fast helps with that, it allows me to perform in ways others can't. But it is only a part of the whole."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:53 am
Owner's Name: Nyhility
Participating Soquili: Setsumi
Link to Teepee: x
Most individuals who know me will realize that I live by the fight or flight method. And since I have a tendency to choose the flight option 99% of the time, I would say with experience that having a speedy gait could be a life saver. But you have to have a plan in motion as well, otherwise you are running aimlessly and may stumble.

I...would have to say mountain ranges are where my legs feel the weakest. Among the loose stones and the harsh slopes, I fear both outrunning my attacker and making sure I do not slip into a painful if not fatal fall.

The element of rain would be the element of my choice. While it does make the path slippery, no doubt about that, the sound and smell of rainfall encourages me. That motivation stems from my first encounter with my mate during a thunderstorm, and the memory spurs my legs to continue on at a steady pace.  

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

Thalea

Devoted Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:23 pm
Owner's Name: Thalea
Participating Soquili: Guinevere
Link to Teepee: [x]
The mare scoffed, “Of course, and mix it with a cunning brain, there is no opponent that will survive your attack. Look at me, do I appear to be strong? No, I am a dainty female, but yet I can take down a stallion twice my size.” An evil gleam appeared in her eyes, “It is more fun when they believe they will be the champions, their look of shock when they lose is so priceless.”

Eve glared, “Who are you to ask me what my weakness is? But if you must know, I would be weakest in fire. The heat would melt my precious jewels and belongings, I do not want that, also only an insane person would prefer to run through fire. Although… they would be very interesting to meet, very interesting indeed. ”

She pondered the question, “The rain, for it provides the perfect cover and I can glide across the water and reach my target in a blink of an eye. It really is the perfect weather, the only downside is that you must get wet.” She glared again, “I may be wicked, but I am also a lady.”

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:56 am
Owner's Name: Tara de Draiocht
Participating Soquili: Huntress Ambermoon Cert
Link to Teepee: here
"Well," Ambermoon looked pensively up into the sky before answering. "Depends on the ground surface, if the ground is muddy or there are too much pebbles...the stronger opponent could win and you'd be dead." Amber giggled cutely. "In that case then the other could beat you to dead and hide the body--" Her eyes widen innocently. "Not that I would know anything about that." Discreetly pushes human hand back into basket.

"Hmmm." Ambermoon narrowed her eyes with a frown forming on her displeased face. " Why? You planning to off me?" Then her expression changed in a blinked of an eye and she giggled. "As if you could do that. Um, well I would have to say snow-wait no rain? Hmm... maybe mud slides that an element?" Amber shrugged and wrinkled her nose at the thought of getting dirty.

Amber took a deep breath thinking about the last question. "I'd have to say windy days." She nodded her head sharply. "Especially when I am with the wind and not against it. Gives you that extra push." Amber winked cheekily before pawing the ground. "Well I think that's that." Already she was on the move. "Hope that helped? Bye."

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:43 am
Owner's Name: Nisshou H
Participating Soquili: Bhikkuni
Link to Teepee: xXx
Do you think being fleet footed would secure a win in a fight against an opponent who was stronger?: Bhikkuni sighed over the question, these always seemed to focus so much on combat. "While I would rather avoid such things as fighting I do know that having a quick way about you will lead to a victory. If they cannot touch you they cannot harm you. You need only persevere longer than they do."

In what element do you feel you would be the slowest?: "I feel something like trudging through a swamp would make me slowest. I would not be able to see where my feet were going, the water would offer much resistance and the soggy ground would make for unsteady footing."

Alternatively, in what element do you feel you would be the fastest?: "Well, I do not know if my speed is any greater but I am able to travel greater distances more quickly in the air. There are fewer obstacles to hinder my progress."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:17 am
Owner's Name: for ladyfirefox89
Participating Soquili: Roarian Aloysius Bleauregard
Link to Teepee: Here<3
Do you think being fleet footed would secure a win in a fight against an opponent who was stronger?: Roarian paused to think the question over. "No." He responded, elongating the 'o' as he thought out his answer. "Fleet feet is mostly for running way. In less you are using it to lead your foe into a trap."

In what element do you feel you would be the slowest?: "It depends on the situation. I could be either fast or slow in a fire. I think fire would frighten me most...." His voice trailing off as flashes of instances spread through his mind.

Alternatively, in what element do you feel you would be the fastest?: Roarian wrinkled his nose slightly. "I don't much care for this topic..." He shook his head, accidently popping out his hair tie as his hair covered his eyes and fell over his muzzle. He gave a little sigh of both annoyance and relief. It was so hard tying his hair back in place, but at least now he could hide behind his hair.

Being a little more comfortable now, he thought about the question again. "I think I could be fast if I flew. Air is quite easy to get through. If I knew how to swim, maybe water too."

He flicked his ear back and forth and switched his weight from one hoof to the other. "Are we done now? I have somewhere to be." He paused, not being very good at lying "Somewhere that isn't here...."  

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:33 pm
Owner's Name:AislingJuno
Participating Soquili: Regin
Do you think being fleet footed would secure a win in a fight against an opponent who was stronger?: “Of course.” Regin let out a neigh in confidence. “I’m rather on the small side since mom is a moth soq so I’ve become attuned that I will not win fights on pure size. I need to be fast and cutthroat to the enemy by being attuned to their weakness.

In what element do you feel you would be the slowest?: Icy snow areas as I am vastly unfamiliar with them. I grew up in the darkened woods and have traveled the soq lands that was before I found my mate and he showed me the wonders of the dry humid desert. Snowy landscape is an area I’m unfamiliar with and I would have to learn to skills to survive.

Alternatively, in what element do you feel you would be the fastest?: Regin smirked at the question. “Why dear, earth of course. The dark forests are my birthplace and I have been trained since young how to carefully hide and learn the mysteries of the plant life.”  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:02 pm
Owner's Name: ~Kiana_Nala~
Participating Soquili: Helena Augusta
Link to Teepee: [ x ]
Do you think being fleet footed would secure a win in a fight against an opponent who was stronger?: "I believe that being fleet footed would assist anyone in a fight with someone who was stronger but they must be able to use their intelligence as well. It takes a lot to defeat an opponent, even more so if they are stronger."

In what element do you feel you would be the slowest?: Helena took a moment to think about the question. "Sandy area's. The sand sometimes clumps up under you're hooves and thus weighs you down."

Alternatively, in what element do you feel you would be the fastest?: A smile came to her muzzle at this question. "I was born in the plains so I feel I am the fastest in area's similar to that of my homeland."  

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:05 pm
Owner's Name: Kamiki
Participating Soquili: Kumiho
Link to Teepee: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=23028101

Of course. Brute strength is useless when you're bleeding out your jugular.

The rain is a nuisance. It makes my fur heavy and dirty...if I want to get wet I'll take a bath in the streams.

You can use the direction of the wind to a great advantage. Being downwind allows you to sneak up faster, get a better advantage, and take your lightning fast strike before your prey even realizes you're there.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:01 am
Owner's Name: Mindsend
Participating Soquili: Vaniania
Link to Teepee: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=15175157
Moving into the heart of summer it seems that everything is stirring. What creature is it that frightens you the most and why?:
"ugh, Skinwalkers" Vaniania shuddered, making a face, "I encountered one as a foal and it tried to steal me and my sister away. It hurt my father pretty badly while he was fighting it off to keep us and our mother safe from it while waiting for the guards to arrive."

If you are scared of something that you can’t physically force away, how do you make yourself feel more courageous?:
"Easy -- keep trust in the flock, and do what I can to survive while they come to the rescue" Vaniania chuckled, smiling warmly, "However, I do have quite a strong kick, and MOST things I'd be afraid of can't take to the trees..."

How can you help others to feel braver against their own fears?:

She tilted her head to the side, making a soft noise, "I suppose comforting them or defending them.."

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:03 am
Owner's Name: LydaLynn
Participating Soquili: Akos
Moving into the heart of summer it seems that everything is stirring. What creature is it that frightens you the most and why?: "Frightens me? Um . . ." Akos thinks for a long moment. "I suppose one that loves violence too much. An animal usually has a reason for it's violence, be it food or fear or such. But a thinking, reasoning creature who's only purpose is to kill and maim and destroy, who wants to instill terror . . . I would say that is the most frightening to me."

If you are scared of something that you can’t physically force away, how do you make yourself feel more courageous?: Akos smiles, "That's easy. I remember that I'm not just being brave for me, I'm being brave for Anne here, in my lamp. She's frightened of so very much and looks to me for protection and courage. I can't let her down."

How can you help others to feel braver against their own fears?: "It depends on the other. Some need to feel protected, others need to learn to protect themselves, some just need to know that there's someone they can talk to. Helping others is more about listening to the fears and needs of the one you're helping and being able to find the voice they need to hear. It isn't always easy, but to see them smile and able to face the world again . . . it's worth it."  
Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 36 37 38 39 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff