Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Main Forum
I joined! ...Now what? Meeting, greeting, and direction Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What's your favorite part of the hobby?
  The gaming!
  The painting and modeling!
  The literature and background!
  The people! You guys are awesome!
  Everything! I can't choose!
View Results

XavierLight

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:30 pm
DarkElf27
XavierLight
Sup everyone?

Name's Xavier. Not my real name but it's the one I go by on Gaia and various other places.

I collected and played 40k from 2nd Edition up until 4th Edition, at which point my local store closed down. A lack of free time and/or funds didn't help in the matter. I still have my miniatures, mostly badly painted from being a kid back then.

I've collected Ultramarines since 2nd Ed and will collect them again if/when I get back into the model side. In the mean time I run as a Ultramarine in Space Marine's online versus on the PS3; in fact I run the Ultramarines in Space Marine's online versus on the PS3. We operate out of an Enjin forum now that the Space Marine forums went down. As much as the game lags and annoys us, we still love it and we'll all be moving to Eternal Crusade once it hits. Well, us and the other dozen or so Chapters and Warbands we face off against regularly.

If I had the time and funding, I'd most likely get this and then find somewhere to display it once it was finished.
Heya, and welcome aboard! That's one hell of an investment, though when I saw it it made me think of the inside cover of the 3rd edition Space Marine codex, where they had the older version of the Ultramarines chapter on display. Makes you wonder what they did with all those old models!

For a while, those exact models were on display at the Hammersmith store in London. Hammersmith was the first GW store and, when the original store closed in the 80's, it was moved to a new location during 2nd Ed. By the time of 3rd and 4th, they were displayed those models at the back of the store. Along with a Chaos Titan.

That store is gone now so I don't know where the models went after that. Probably back to HQ.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:43 am
Hello and thanks for the invite to the guild. Names Tyler and its good to see that there is a guild for 40k fans like me on here. Well lets see I've been playing 40k since I was 18 so about ten years now. I have played space marines, chaos ( Nurgle), Guard, and a little of Tau. So far I have loved the game and how deep it REALLY is and can not wait for the years to come to see what new things they will bring to light in later years.  

Orrin Relyt

Interesting Hunter

5,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:18 am
Orrin Relyt
Hello and thanks for the invite to the guild. Names Tyler and its good to see that there is a guild for 40k fans like me on here. Well lets see I've been playing 40k since I was 18 so about ten years now. I have played space marines, chaos ( Nurgle), Guard, and a little of Tau. So far I have loved the game and how deep it REALLY is and can not wait for the years to come to see what new things they will bring to light in later years.
Heya, and welcome! I love how involved the 40k universe is, they invest a lot more in the history, background, and sheer scope than a lot of other hobbies.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know. Looking forward to seeing you around!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:25 pm
Hi! I'm Zora. I play Warhammer Fantasy (still learning to play) with my bf and a few of our friends. I more enjoy painting the models though. I haven't been painting long but I love it. I'm glad I found somewhere on Gaia that enjoys Warhammer as well. biggrin  

Zora Vlciova

3,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Consumer 100

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:29 am
Zora Vlciova
Hi! I'm Zora. I play Warhammer Fantasy (still learning to play) with my bf and a few of our friends. I more enjoy painting the models though. I haven't been painting long but I love it. I'm glad I found somewhere on Gaia that enjoys Warhammer as well. biggrin
Hey Zora, and welcome! I definitely do a lot more painting and modeling than actual playing, so I know how you feel. whee You might enjoy the Painting and Modeling Discussion subforum, both for posting your own work and getting ideas and advice for future projects! I look forward to seeing you around. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:20 pm
Greetings from Down Under, I'm Aurelius (screen name). I play 40k exclusively and rather enjoy a good painting challenge.
My Armies are Sisters of Battle/ Adepta Sororitas and Space marines (Imperial fists chapter tactics.)
I haven't played properly with my sisters since the new codex came out, but now I have a printed version of the digi codex I hope to play some more.

I'm also a cosplayer and have recently finished building a complete Canoness suit of armour. One of my next projects will be making a light up powersword or Chainsword.

Nice to meet you all.  

illusionwings

Fluffy Lunatic

5,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:40 pm
illusionwings
Greetings from Down Under, I'm Aurelius (screen name). I play 40k exclusively and rather enjoy a good painting challenge.
My Armies are Sisters of Battle/ Adepta Sororitas and Space marines (Imperial fists chapter tactics.)
I haven't played properly with my sisters since the new codex came out, but now I have a printed version of the digi codex I hope to play some more.

I'm also a cosplayer and have recently finished building a complete Canoness suit of armour. One of my next projects will be making a light up powersword or Chainsword.

Nice to meet you all.
Hello, and welcome to the guild!

Looks like you're going to have loads of points of commonality in this place. For starters, my wife (ArletaMagic) also plays Sisters, and until the Digi release, she had a nice little 3-ring-binder with a custom front and back for her White Dwarf pages. I think she has about 1500pts now, in various stages of completion. Lady Blodwynn is another Aussie (resident, anyway) among us, and Caleidah does some cosplay of a sort and crafts his own leather armor, some pretty neat stuff! I'd love to see the suit if you have any photos!

Thanks for joining and telling us about yourself, I look forward to seeing you around!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:50 am
Greetings from Cologne, Germany. My name is Marc (pretty obvious, though).

I knew of the WH 40k universe for a long time but I just recently started reading some novels. No special preferences to any chapter, but I have more Night Lord and Space Wolves novels in my collection then from other chapters.

I would like to cosplay, but as a student (law&economics) I dont have the time for it. gonk Maybe it will change in a few years.

So...nice to meet you. biggrin  

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:23 pm
Marc the berserk

I knew of the WH 40k universe for a long time but I just recently started reading some novels. No special preferences to any chapter, but I have more Night Lord and Space Wolves novels in my collection then from other chapters.

I would like to cosplay, but as a student (law&economics) I dont have the time for it. gonk Maybe it will change in a few years.

Welcome aboard! The 'fluff' and background of the hobby is one of my favorite parts, and while I'm only half-way caught up with reading my Black Library books, I have loads of old rulebooks that are packed with information about the universe as a whole. It's definitely one of the best aspects of the hobby!

Hope to see you around!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:35 pm
DarkElf27
Marc the berserk

Welcome aboard! The 'fluff' and background of the hobby is one of my favorite parts, and while I'm only half-way caught up with reading my Black Library books, I have loads of old rulebooks that are packed with information about the universe as a whole. It's definitely one of the best aspects of the hobby!

Hope to see you around!

You can count on me, brother-captain. wink  

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

merydell

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:19 am
Hello, I'm merydell

I've been collecting 40k space marines for a short while now.
haven't gotten arround to actually playing yet since i don't have enough (finished) units to do so, so at the moment im mostly busy with modeling, painting and reading making background on my chapter ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:19 am
merydell
Hello, I'm merydell

haven't gotten arround to actually playing yet since i don't have enough (finished) units to do so, so at the moment im mostly busy with modeling, painting and reading making background on my chapter ^^
Heya, and welcome to the guild! You may want to check out the Painting and Modeling Subforum as a place to show off your Space Marines, feel free to start a project thread in there and post some pictures!

Looking forward to seeing you around. 3nodding  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

merydell

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:34 am
DarkElf27
merydell
Hello, I'm merydell

Heya, and welcome to the guild! You may want to check out the Painting and Modeling Subforum as a place to show off your Space Marines, feel free to start a project thread in there and post some pictures!

Looking forward to seeing you around. 3nodding

thank you ^^

and i'll be posting some pics on my work as soon as i get the pics transferred to my pc 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:40 pm
Welcome to the guild! I haven't seen any Dark Heresy RPs attempted recently, but you can always check for interest in the RP discussion and planning thread here to see about starting one up. 3nodding  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash