The Ogre Kingdoms Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Brother Felix

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:44 am
Daemon_King

I'm serious, Ogres themselves don't have much shooting. The only shooting unit are leadbelchers, sure you have your the Hunter and other characters, but Ogres were made for close quarters combat, and gorging on the smashed up carcase. Though I would recommend for your basic army is a Tyrant, a Brusier or two, a couple of Butchers, maybe a Hunter for characters. Unit wise; I'd get a couple of basic Bulls, a good size unit of Ironguts or couple of smaller Irongut units. Have couple units of Gnoblars, and have a unit or two of Gnoblar Trappers. Maybe make a unit of Ogre Maneaters as a bodyguard for your Tyrant. Two units of Leadbelchers in my opinion is good. A slavegiant isn't bad, but in my opinion I wouldn't use rhinox calvery or Scraplauncher, Gogres and Yetis I'm not sure of, so, I'll leave that one up to you.
Ok thanks I'm looking into it now and by the way the whole shooty thing was just a joke.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:46 pm
Brother Felix
Daemon_King

I'm serious, Ogres themselves don't have much shooting. The only shooting unit are leadbelchers, sure you have your the Hunter and other characters, but Ogres were made for close quarters combat, and gorging on the smashed up carcase. Though I would recommend for your basic army is a Tyrant, a Brusier or two, a couple of Butchers, maybe a Hunter for characters. Unit wise; I'd get a couple of basic Bulls, a good size unit of Ironguts or couple of smaller Irongut units. Have couple units of Gnoblars, and have a unit or two of Gnoblar Trappers. Maybe make a unit of Ogre Maneaters as a bodyguard for your Tyrant. Two units of Leadbelchers in my opinion is good. A slavegiant isn't bad, but in my opinion I wouldn't use rhinox calvery or Scraplauncher, Gogres and Yetis I'm not sure of, so, I'll leave that one up to you.
Ok thanks I'm looking into it now and by the way the whole shooty thing was just a joke.

Ok then.....  

Daemon_King

Yogo Fish

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:25 pm
just to change the topic what's up with the models of the ogre kingdoms army, perhaps it's an aquired taste but as far as i'm concerned they're just fat and ugly. Not to mention the mucky brown/grey colours most of them are painted. and knoblars are just cheap rip off goblins.

As for playability they don't look too bad but what motivates you people to play them ? do you ignore the models or actually like them ?

(no offense to the creator/sculptors of the models, anything i made would be much worse).  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:52 am
Yogo Fish
just to change the topic what's up with the models of the ogre kingdoms army, perhaps it's an aquired taste but as far as i'm concerned they're just fat and ugly. Not to mention the mucky brown/grey colours most of them are painted. and knoblars are just cheap rip off goblins.

As for playability they don't look too bad but what motivates you people to play them ? do you ignore the models or actually like them ?

(no offense to the creator/sculptors of the models, anything i made would be much worse).

First off, G-N-O-B-L-A-R, that is how you spell Gnoblars. Well, there some people who like the models. Also, Ogres aren't fat, unless they're Butchers, that is muscle, and muscle sometimes looks like fat, think Sumo. Gnoblars, stated in the Ogre Kingdoms book are mountain Goblins, yes they are goblins, and they're cheap because they are one of the weaks units in the game. Mainly used as meat shields or for their ability to throw the pointy stuff that can come in handy in games. If you don't like them fine, but don't turn this forum into a flaming thread.  

Daemon_King

Reddemon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:22 pm
Yogo Fish

My Orges are painted Elf flesh, you can paintem any colour you want em to be  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:50 pm
Daemon_King
Yogo Fish

First off, G-N-O-B-L-A-R, that is how you spell Gnoblars. Well, there some people who like the models. Also, Ogres aren't fat, unless they're Butchers, that is muscle, and muscle sometimes looks like fat, think Sumo. Gnoblars, stated in the Ogre Kingdoms book are mountain Goblins, yes they are goblins, and they're cheap because they are one of the weaks units in the game. Mainly used as meat shields or for their ability to throw the pointy stuff that can come in handy in games. If you don't like them fine, but don't turn this forum into a flaming thread.

And that's assuming you don't take the Gnoblar alternate army list. They get Boglars! Those things rock! And yeah, Gnoblars are horribly effective meat shields if you use them properly. And I really don't get why you (not Daemon) don't like the Ogre models. Did you think the older ones looked better? I think it's a great change of pace. Ogres now look more proportional. Like Daemon said, they look like Sumos.  

Everlasting Chaos

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:14 am
Everlasting Chaos
Daemon_King
Yogo Fish

And that's assuming you don't take the Gnoblar alternate army list. They get Boglars! Those things rock! And yeah, Gnoblars are horribly effective meat shields if you use them properly. And I really don't get why you (not Daemon) don't like the Ogre models. Did you think the older ones looked better? I think it's a great change of pace. Ogres now look more proportional. Like Daemon said, they look like Sumos.

Actually, I said Ogres are like Sumos, were their muscle looks like fat.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:33 am
Daemon_King
Everlasting Chaos
Daemon_King
Yogo Fish

Actually, I said Ogres are like Sumos, were their muscle looks like fat.
Pretty much, though their skin is thick enough to qualify as fat  

Reddemon

EliotJamesRookwood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:21 pm
Hmmmmm, I've only played as Ogres once, but I've faced them multiple times, and I have learned, it sucks to be shot it, but its fun to shoot, which stands true with the entire game regardless of army. That, and Ogre heroes are nuts.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:31 pm
I've only been killed by shooting once, and Im pretty sure I was out pointed, as all I had was 2 regiments of 3 orges vs 2 regiments of Repeaters  

Reddemon

Entropic_Angel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:15 pm
Ogres over pointed and under powered, not a well designed or balanced armies the pinical of the stupidity of new games workshop...nice models though the models rock just the rules were really poorly thought out  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:44 pm
You are an expert on everything, are you not?  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:14 pm
Entropic_Angel
Ogres over pointed and under powered, not a well designed or balanced armies the pinical of the stupidity of new games workshop...nice models though the models rock just the rules were really poorly thought out

I'm afraid I must disagree with you on that point. Ogres, like everything else, are quite powerful when used properly.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:11 pm
Everlasting Chaos
Entropic_Angel

I'm afraid I must disagree with you on that point. Ogres, like everything else, are quite powerful when used properly.

Indeed, I can count the numer of times I've lost using my Ogres on one hand.  

Daicon

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:04 am
Entropic_Angel

Them's fightin' words! pirate  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces