Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Andreis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:43 pm
Reddemon
Andreis
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Andreis

EDIT: What was the points involved in the game? 2,000?

If you're fighting 2K Points of High Elves, and neither 3+ Dispel dice and/or at least 1 unit with magic resistance, you should shoot yourself in the foot.

LMFAO!!

Well if he had a Lord for positive, than it had to be at least 2,000 points. I dunno how that holds with other armies, but the high elf force organization says you can only have a lord at 2,000 point games or higher. Until 3,000 points where in he MULTIPLIES! biggrin
Thats most armies

Okay, thanks. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:15 pm
Andreis
GTJoeTheNecrons
Real quick note, One units of silverhelms, spearmen, or archers may take a magic standard of up to 25 points. Obviously, it's not enough to take the Battle Banner, but I thought it should be made known, as a few people were arguing that they could not take banners at all.

(The best use for the "First Among Equals", as the rule is called in the book, would be to give the Silverhelms the banner of Ellyrion, so they can parade around through forests and such without penalty. Just another thought.)

So what can any unit with a standar bearer carry a magical standard up to 25 points in value?

No, certain armies have the ability to give (usually) one of their core units a magical standard of (usually) 25 points.

In this case, the high elf term for this rule is "First Among Equals"  

GTJoeTheNecrons

Andreis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:11 pm
-Looks for the rule-

AH! I never noticed that. A side note I see. ^_^ Fun.

Both banners takable are not bad at all.

Unit immune to Fear or Terror

or

Difficult ground is treated as open ground.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:13 pm
The problem with elves is simple. Strenght 3 Toughness 3.
They die quite easily and can find it hard to kill anything in combat. Repeater Bolt Throwers are a great advantage to any army, especially as they are rare units that can have 2 fielded and only count as one. Teclis is a great character, as he can cast spells without limit of range.
Before the war of te beard they had some great stuff too, which you can find on the GW website.  

Snow-melt tiger

Raider

Andreis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:20 am
High elves are frail.. but I mean, they are skilled and can hit hard. It is in the way you play. You probably like more hearty armies. Hm?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:38 pm
High Elves have to be frail, because if they weren't... well, they'd basically be Chaos Warriors. In spite of that fact, they can do very, very well. A friend of mine plays High Elves, and the strategies he employs with them have seen him win all but two or three games that he has played.  

Daicon

EliotJamesRookwood

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:06 pm
Daicon
High Elves have to be frail, because if they weren't... well, they'd basically be Chaos Warriors. In spite of that fact, they can do very, very well. A friend of mine plays High Elves, and the strategies he employs with them have seen him win all but two or three games that he has played.

Yep... but one day the bearded one shall be brought down... ironic that the elf player has a beard, and the dwarf player doesn't.... xd  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:21 pm
Ironic indeed, and yes, someday we shall defeat him.  

Daicon

Andreis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:32 pm
Very ironic...
CLOAK OF BEARDS!

How gross is that eh?

A cloak of thick, greasey, chunky braided beards!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:37 pm
Andreis
Very ironic...
CLOAK OF BEARDS!

How gross is that eh?

A cloak of thick, greasey, chunky braided beards!

Please, the elves probably washed them, and made them gently flowing braided beards, with flowers in them. Thats why it scares Dwarves.  

EliotJamesRookwood

Reddemon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:54 pm
Lol, that just helps to prove that High Elves are gay, and I doubt Dwarves let their beards get that bad  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:23 pm
Reddemon
Lol, that just helps to prove that High Elves are gay, and I doubt Dwarves let their beards get that bad

No, I don't think they do either, but you gotta figure, its a cloak made of old beards, so they are off the dwarves little chins, so they can't actually care for them.  

EliotJamesRookwood

Andreis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:06 am
Yes, but I concede, I have been living a lie! Rather.. telling one, as we all know elves are not capable of having such dirty things around them.
They wear clothing patented by scrubbing bubbles and magical little brushes clean everything around them.

3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:02 pm
Well, from my experiences of fighting high elves, I've learned that the people at my local place of gaming can't strategize for the life of them. When a guy let's his general's unit of Silver Helms get charged by Night Goblins, lose combat, flee, and almost get overrun by 2 inches, I don't know what to believe in.

It just doesn't speak volumes for the Elves when I, a novice Warhammer player, can wipe the floor with them with impunity.  

Pontius Pirate

EliotJamesRookwood

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:16 pm
Pontius Pirate
Well, from my experiences of fighting high elves, I've learned that the people at my local place of gaming can't strategize for the life of them. When a guy let's his general's unit of Silver Helms get charged by Night Goblins, lose combat, flee, and almost get overrun by 2 inches, I don't know what to believe in.

It just doesn't speak volumes for the Elves when I, a novice Warhammer player, can wipe the floor with them with impunity.

You haven't seen my buddy play with them then. When used to their full potential, they are a devastating army. The silver helms have nothing on Dragon Princes. The 18' inch charge range is quite far-reaching, and can be used to create flanking and rear opportunities if used correctly.
The 3 ranks of spearelves, with 28 strong creates a rather scary unit to charge, as even if you charge them with strong heavy calvary, and do well, they'll still get attacks back. Not to mention that all High Elves have the potential to be magic controllers, especially with Drain Magic, on a 5+ they negate all 6's you roll, taking away irrestible force. The spell can negate all rolls of 4,5,6 on its highest level, 11+ I believe, effectively stopping magic. High Elves are a fast mobile army, with unique rules, and magical power, and above average leadership.

I digress, and return to a point I must always stress, the player affects how the army works, a weak general who does not utilize his options effectively will fare poorly, whereas one who does use his army to its full potential will do well.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff