Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Orcs and Goblins Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drakeoss Dragoon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:45 am
lord_illpalazzo
I came up witha great Christmas themed orc army.
great Warboss Santa, riding his magical flying chariot.
His legion of toy making Gobbos ready to get some killing done with Candy cane Choppas. Yep, working on it right now.

nice one that sound like it will be fun to see be sure to post some pics once you have a few done, ok people we're on a roll keep them coming and maybe soon I'll tell you mine wink if your good lol  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:56 pm
I don't collect Orcs and Goblins, but whenever I play them they're devistated by animosity. When they aren't devistated something else goes horribly wrong (like the goblin fanatics going back into the goblin ranks or flying into a river). But they're by far one of the funnest armies to play against. You never know what's going to happen.  

Lethkhar

Clockwork_Creep

Dangerous Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:27 pm
If da boyz aren;t afriad of you, then Animosity is a big deal.
But the minute I put WAAAGH!! Shawman Bloodeyez on the field, Animosity is gone.
And when the fanatics headed back towards the squads, Bloodeyes looked at it, and it went spinning towards its dwarfen foes.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:16 pm
My army list is normally decent. I'm an Orc player, and I bring lots of core, but my opponet uses dwarfs and he beats me everytime. I belive I commented on this before. Anyway, losing time and stime again with no hope of winning has made me drift away from Fantasy and into 40k, where the Ork BS os 2 screws us over yet agian, and he uses tau. I am sick of losing, and want to beat the crap out of him just once, and the only way I see of doing it is a huge squad of trolls. Any sugestions?  

Clockwork_Creep

Dangerous Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Jerhien

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:58 pm
lord_illpalazzo
My army list is normally decent. I'm an Orc player, and I bring lots of core, but my opponet uses dwarfs and he beats me everytime. I belive I commented on this before. Anyway, losing time and stime again with no hope of winning has made me drift away from Fantasy and into 40k, where the Ork BS os 2 screws us over yet agian, and he uses tau. I am sick of losing, and want to beat the crap out of him just once, and the only way I see of doing it is a huge squad of trolls. Any sugestions?

Yes, LOTS of infantry. Lots and lots. More then that....keep going....Spear chukkas do a number on dwarves too, if they hit. Stone throwers tend to get the job done as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:39 pm
Ask your opponet if you can play with no Animosoty. We do it in Mordhiem and it helps alot  

Reddemon

berserker_girl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:42 am
How do you guys model common trolls? Do you use them at all compared to the other strains?

I was thinkning of modelling them as stone trolls, but painted green.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:58 pm
i thing that all night golbins army must have.... FANASTICS!!!!!!!!!!  

lightandshadow13

DemonicCurse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:18 pm
lightandshadow13
Speaking of night goblin armies I would like help creating one. So far I have 2 units of 20 night goblins, 2 goblin chariots, stone thrower, 6 fanatics, and 2 shamans. What would you guys recomend getting next? I know I need more gobbos but should I get a giant? I mostly play empire and bretonnians. Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:29 pm
lord_illpalazzo

I'm not an expert on Orc and Goblins, but from what I've seen one of their great aspects is their goblins. Yes, I know, don't dwarves hate goblins or something? Anyways, Dwarves, as you probably know, are a highly defensive army. With I2 and M3, they're almost sure to attack last and you won't see them charging often. They have almost no mobility. So the trick is to win out of combat resolution. Outmeneuver them. Use wolfriders to get them in the flank and make sure you've got some black orcs to get rid of animosity. Charge his units in the front with Orcs, and lots of them, and use Goblin wolfriders to get him in the flank. You'll almost always outnumber him, and have more ranks than him, plus flank bonuses. Sure, he'll probably kill more men than you, but you'll always have more where that came from. Spears, whenever possible, are perfect to use your regiments to their greatest effectiveness. Wyverns are also nice for their flying ability to take out siege weapons. Anyways, that's my suggestion, though like I said I don't know too much about Orcs and Goblins.  

Lethkhar

lightandshadow13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:01 pm
DemonicCurse
lightandshadow13
Speaking of night goblin armies I would like help creating one. So far I have 2 units of 20 night goblins, 2 goblin chariots, stone thrower, 6 fanatics, and 2 shamans. What would you guys recomend getting next? I know I need more gobbos but should I get a giant? I mostly play empire and bretonnians. Thanks
get a gaint and some ork cause... empire willb low them up or bretonnians will run them over so you need some muscle and all try to get foot of gork or gork's war path evil spells  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:49 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lozt_1
Well I normally play 40K and do most my armies as close to fluff as possible. I play lots of close combat units. So orcs are great for that while Goblins are kinda like a terminatior or power hitting unit. So it is better to have a balance of orks and goblins and a few hordes of snotlings to tie them up as nessecary or as cannon fodder. I think I got this thanks...

Well, Goblins are cheap, so you don't have to be as careful with them as other troops, a 40 Night Goblin unit, 3 Fanatics, Spears and Full command, is only 215 points. Pretty cheap, but only Ld5 and WS2, so they have flaws.

Just a few. wink  

Lethkhar

Yogo Fish

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:28 am
My orc and goblin armys usually include lots of shamans and few to none combat characters that seems to work.

Except that one time where i beat my friend 3 times in a row with my wyvern/grimgor. Tomb king chariots just don't like s7 wyverns who charge them or grimgors who strike first.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:29 am
Yogo Fish
My orc and goblin armys usually include lots of shamans and few to none combat characters that seems to work.

Except that one time where i beat my friend 3 times in a row with my wyvern/grimgor. Tomb king chariots just don't like s7 wyverns who charge them or grimgors who strike first.

Best thing about Goblin Armies: At 2K Points, you can have 3 Level 2 Shamans, A Goblin Warboss, and 2 Goblin Bigbosses to lead your units. That's always useful. Can you imagine what all that does to the enemies, especially when you fit them all out? 8 Powerdice, 5 dispel, Ability to take 6 Dispel Scrolls, and then you have all those Heros. Pretty good Army.  

Drachyench

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:55 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Yogo Fish

Best thing about Goblin Armies: At 2K Points, you can have 3 Level 2 Shamans, A Goblin Warboss, and 2 Goblin Bigbosses to lead your units. That's always useful. Can you imagine what all that does to the enemies, especially when you fit them all out? 8 Powerdice, 5 dispel, Ability to take 6 Dispel Scrolls, and then you have all those Heros. Pretty good Army.

besides the fact that against a brettonian or chaos army your goblins would be completely helpless. Anything with well-armored units is going to just mow those little guys down., an you'll have to have amazing luck to kill them with goblins. A Khorne army is practically immune to magic, anyways, so ur shaman would just be a waste of points. You need some muscle in ur army, numbers aren't everything.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff