Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Empire Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:12 am
Lord of Ostlandria
Everlasting Chaos
neo1592
Does anyone ever use a Engenieer with a hochland rifle becuase i have and it's missed so many times it makes me angry

Not sure about everyone else but I find my Engineers more effective with my Cannons. Though I HAVE enjoyed the use of the Long Rifle from atop the Steam Tank. Personal favorite moment:

Chaos player brings along a Hellcannon. I fire one of my Cannons at the crew, two of which were lined up quite nicely. Both fell. An Engineer from atop the Steam Tank sniped off the last one. The Hellcannon then chose to rampage into the Chaos player's general, an annoying Tzeentch sorcerer. He didn't survive. All this happened on turn one, too. xd

The fighting platform is my favrouite option for the steam tank.

Oh yeah, I don't even bother with hull weapons. xd Let the impact hits do the talking. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:49 pm
Everlasting Chaos
Lord of Ostlandria
Everlasting Chaos
neo1592
Does anyone ever use a Engenieer with a hochland rifle becuase i have and it's missed so many times it makes me angry

Not sure about everyone else but I find my Engineers more effective with my Cannons. Though I HAVE enjoyed the use of the Long Rifle from atop the Steam Tank. Personal favorite moment:

Chaos player brings along a Hellcannon. I fire one of my Cannons at the crew, two of which were lined up quite nicely. Both fell. An Engineer from atop the Steam Tank sniped off the last one. The Hellcannon then chose to rampage into the Chaos player's general, an annoying Tzeentch sorcerer. He didn't survive. All this happened on turn one, too. xd

Oh yeah, I don't even bother with hull weapons. xd Let the impact hits do the talking. xd

Indeed . Hull weapons can be more dangerous for your own tank than your opponent . Especially if you use a Helblaster volley gun.  

Lord of Ostlandria

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:57 pm
Lord of Ostlandria
Everlasting Chaos
Lord of Ostlandria
Everlasting Chaos
neo1592

Indeed . Hull weapons can be more dangerous for your own tank than your opponent . Especially if you use a Helblaster volley gun.

Hehe, my favorite memory with the tank. I was fighting Wood Elves and my opponent had horribly damaged the tank with his general. I went for 3 Steam Points and barely passed the test. Fired off the Helblaster at the general. Misfired. Rolled on the Tank chart. 6. Rolled on the Helblaster chart. 6. Not only did the general get horribly mangeled but I now had enough points to turn my turret on some pesky Waywatchers. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:46 pm
Everlasting Chaos
Lord of Ostlandria
Everlasting Chaos
Lord of Ostlandria
Everlasting Chaos
neo1592

Hehe, my favorite memory with the tank. I was fighting Wood Elves and my opponent had horribly damaged the tank with his general. I went for 3 Steam Points and barely passed the test. Fired off the Helblaster at the general. Misfired. Rolled on the Tank chart. 6. Rolled on the Helblaster chart. 6. Not only did the general get horribly mangeled but I now had enough points to turn my turret on some pesky Waywatchers. xd

I think that is the best outcome you could have with a helblaster blowing up !  

Lord of Ostlandria

neo1592

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:48 pm
Whats the deal with detachments... one of my friends told me that I can take detachments on my swordsmans. With archers as a detachment he said that when swordmen are charged the archers stand and shoot well the detachments of militia on the other side get to charge the flank of the opposing charges. Well I think thats what he said... I didn't really understand but does anyone know anything like it... sorta.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:42 am
neo1592
Whats the deal with detachments... one of my friends told me that I can take detachments on my swordsmans. With archers as a detachment he said that when swordmen are charged the archers stand and shoot well the detachments of militia on the other side get to charge the flank of the opposing charges. Well I think thats what he said... I didn't really understand but does anyone know anything like it... sorta.

Dude, detachments are like the only good thing about the Empire. eek

When you charge a unit of swordsmen, any handgunners/archers in their detachment can stand and shoot for them, without the -1 to hit.  

Lethkhar

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:18 am
Lethkhar
neo1592

Dude, detachments are like the only good thing about the Empire. eek

When you charge a unit of swordsmen, any handgunners/archers in their detachment can stand and shoot for them, without the -1 to hit.

Also, any hand-to-hand detatchments can counter-charge. It's basically a flank charge made during the enemy's turn that allows your unit to strike before the enemy. Plenty of fun with Militia. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:17 am
Yea i gotta do that becuase my swordsmen lose combat first round and with my horrible rolls I usually fail the leadership test... then when it's time to run away I roll crappy and get run over.  

neo1592

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:12 am
neo1592
Yea i gotta do that becuase my swordsmen lose combat first round and with my horrible rolls I usually fail the leadership test... then when it's time to run away I roll crappy and get run over.

Yeah, that's the whole reason behind the Detatchments. Human Leadership. It's not bad for standard panic tests and whatnot, but losing combat hurts. With a large enough Detatchment you can negate the enemy's rank bonus AND get the points for holding their flank. I like to stick Militia squads as Detatchments as they get 2 attacks each and are dirt cheap. Very nice for tearing apart a flank. If I stick some Handgunners in there then I try to force my opponent to charge me, because I'm no longer limited by the usual Stand and Shoot restrictions. And if you kill off enough guys you might be able to force a panic test and break the charge.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:33 pm
Would the milita detachments on the side be considered charging? Cuase if so then they would get 3 attacks... that would be cool. Its not worth it thou to put a standerd in the militia unit becuase you can't use 2 in a combat right  

neo1592

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:46 pm
neo1592
Would the milita detachments on the side be considered charging? Cuase if so then they would get 3 attacks... that would be cool. Its not worth it thou to put a standerd in the militia unit becuase you can't use 2 in a combat right

First of all this is fantasy, not 40k. There's no attack bonus for charging. Second of all you can't give the Militia a standard anyway, as Detatchments aren't allowed to take any options.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:34 pm
Everlasting Chaos
neo1592

First of all this is fantasy, not 40k. There's no attack bonus for charging. Second of all you can't give the Militia a standard anyway, as Detatchments aren't allowed to take any options.

Wait...They're not allowed to take options?!? eek

I hate my friend.... stare  

Lethkhar

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:46 pm
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos
neo1592

Only certain units can be Detatchments too. Just what did your friend use against you?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:50 pm
Everlasting Chaos
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos
neo1592

Only certain units can be Detatchments too. Just what did your friend use against you?

Swordsmen, spearmen, and handgunmen.  

Lethkhar

neo1592

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:09 am
Everlasting Chaos
neo1592

Yea srry I have been playing many 40K games since the Medusa Campain. Also I'm still learning how to play fantasy becuase I started out with 40K  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff