Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
History of Magic III (1/5) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:08 pm
There is a ghost...
Deep in my throat...
Shoving it down...
Speak and you choke!
Every fire...
Sharpens the flood...
Throbbing and wild!
Stained in blood...

User Image

DAVID SHOICHET | THIRD YEAR | GRYFFINDOR | MUGGLEBORN
And each little lie: Calm | Making mountains: ... | Mountains I climb: Third Years | Wasting my time: History of Magic

David's memories of this class from previous years was mostly getting into fights with people. One one hand, he'd always enjoyed arguing with people. On the other hand, he still hated this class. His classmates had already covered what they'd learned about last year, and it was the first class, so he held his tongue and said nothing from his seat in the second row. He hoped they all appreciated how much effort this was taking from him.

Somewhere between dirty and clean, water and smoke, laugh and you choke...

Feeding the fire...
Teasing the lies!
With dirt in my eyes...
Oh, dirt in my eyes
Pissed it away!
The heroes are gone.
Dirt in their sheets...
Rum on their tongues...

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:07 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: History: Wednesday 9:00am to 9:45am

Leonette walked into History class and quickly spotted David. This was probably the only time he'd sit probably as far back as possible. Sliding into the seat next to her Ravenclaw friend Leonette offered him a smile before looking up at the front of the class. Already the Gryffindor's schedule was jam packed with work she needed to do. Although she was enjoying every minute of it.

As soon as class started Leonette groaned. 'Why'd it have to be review...?' she thought as she listened to her classmates answer. There wasn't anything really to add so she stayed quiet knowing her time would come. At least she had Music to look forward to after this.

Status: History Review almost as boring as learning something new to do with History...
With: class... David

Wearing: Gryffindor Uniform

OOC: ---

mc2

Gryfindor you say?
Yes, I could see you doing well there...
So be it! Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:27 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

User Image

Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 13
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Third Year
Wearing: Ravenclaw Robes

Guess, Leonette is about as excited about review as I am.

David glanced over when Leonette joined him and gave her a polite nod and small smile. He had to suppress a bit of a chuckle when he heard Leo groan at the start of class hearing it would be review. After providing an answer, David looked over to her and said quietly to her, "You should know by now most of the first week is just review or introductions anyways..."

He shrugged and added his voice still quiet, "Review is an easy way to get house points from most professors, though." Usually he wouldn't bother talking in class, but he was technically sitting in the back row so it wasn't like he was probably going to be heard by the professor as long as he kept his voice down.

User Image
Pet: Annabella

murruelecreuset

{ }  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 3:48 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪♫ Ⓢʜɪʀ ɴ ɴᴡ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪♫

Where : <3 History of Magic <3
With : <3 Classmates, Powell <3
Who : <3 Third Years, Professor <3
Feeling//Ooc : <3 Good, now celaena can't bug me. That is wonderful <3
Wearing : <3 <3

Sapphire had a huge smile on her face when she walked in and took her seat. She had finally told that snot nosed brat that she wanted her to stay clear out of the way. Stay in the shadows. Just go the hell away. She chuckled at the thought, not even hearing what the professor had even said. She could still see the horror in her sister's eyes as she basically abandoned the little goody two shoes. Sapphire had always been alone. Always would be too. In fact, she was happy now that she didn't have to worry about that little brat.

Third year // Single // Pureblood // Slytherin

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:41 pm
Waking up in a world surrounded by flames...
Where everything I liked is about to fade...
How could you be the one, if you're not the same?
If in the hands of gods, you have lost your way?
How ever fast I dance to make the sun shine-
I will never fall down!
No matter what it takes, I'll try to save the ghost lights...
How ever hard I pray to remake you mine-
I will never fall down!

How ever hard I pray: Bored
To remake you mine: ...
I will never fall down: Third Years
No matter what it takes: History of Magic

E L S B E T H | L Y N W E N | V A S S
B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | T H I R D Y E A R User Image

Elsie wasn't surprised they were reviewing. Maybe she didn't despise History of Magic, but they did the same thing. Every year. It wasn't exactly stimulating. She sighed a little and stared at the back of her classmates' heads. She had nothing to contribute right now.

I'LL TRY TO SAVE THE GHOST LIGHTS...

Waking up in the fog, the dust and the pain...
And of the sunny days, no traces remain...
How could you be the one, if you sail away?
Without you I can't stand the sound of the rain!
How ever fast I dance to make the sun shine-
I will never fall down!

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:23 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Twelve year old Football Prodigy

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Football Club: Borussia Dortmund{|}Third Year

Theo walked into the classroom, sitting towards the front of the class. He decided that he would take on a whole new demeanor this year which involved him working hard, but not really caring about much. He needed to stop caring about what others thought of him. It actually effected him negatively just about all the time and made his thoughts wander; so he probably should let go of that part of him.

He wasn't surprised that they were reviewing, mainly because that was what they always did. The teacher never deviated it away from that each passing year. He sometimes wished that they would just jump straight into the lessons, but then again, maybe he would just take this day to catch up on his sleep. He kept his mouth shut and awaited the rest of the answers.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:08 am
User Image

Leonette looked over at David as he spoke. He was right and she knew it the first week was always review aside from electives which was like first day all over again. “I know it would just be nice for a change if we didn’t though.” She quietly said back. Leonette couldn’t help but agree it was an easy way to get house points. “True.” She said giving a small nod. She couldn’t help but find it odd that David was talking in class which was usually unlikely unless there wasn’t a lecture going on. He must really not like review not that she could blame him after all she felt the same way. "Hey you had healing yet?" Leonette asked curiously while remaining quiet.

mc2

Gryfindor you say?
So be it! Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:42 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

User Image

It would be nice for a change in the typical review aspect that professors like to give.

David shook his head to Leo's question about healing, "It isn't till this afternoon. Apparently a new professor is teaching it, though... not that I suppose it would matter one way or another for me since it is my first year of the class. It'll probably just be introductions."

"Alchemy was on Tuesday, though. Surprisingly, I'm not particularly fond of the class. Oh and I've already terrified a few first years in my house, let's just hope the memo gets around and still misses my sister," He added with a shrug and a bit of a smirk.

He glanced back to the front of the class briefly as the review continued and added, "Honestly, I think I'd be better off just skipping most of my first week of classes. Contrary to what Professor Powell believes, some of us actually do review over the summer or at the very least retain what we learned the year before." Glancing back to Leo he added, "Anyways, how has your week gone so far? All those classes caught up to you yet or have you figured out free time in that busy schedule of yours?"
User Image

murruelecreuset

{ }  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:00 am
[
User Image

“Hopefully they’re good.” Leonette said hoping that healing was everything David wanted it to be. She wouldn’t want him to feel like it wasn’t what he expected not that she thought it would be. He’d always had things figured out or so it seemed. “What's wrong with Alchemy and why are you terrifying first years?” Leonette asked curiously.

Leonette nodded. “Yeah I agree with you there although I don’t think I retained anything from over the summer.” She said wishing she had of. Maybe if she remembered what she looked over she’d have a better time in history class. “Good I still have over half my classes to go to still. Though wandless magic seems like it’ll be fun, and muggle studies is going to be super easy.” Leonette explained. “I have music right after this so I’m looking forward to that. Hopefully my classes don’t swallow me whole.” She said supressing a giggle. She didn’t want to get caught not on the first week back and definitely not in history.

mc2

Gryfindor you say?
So be it! Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:19 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

User Image

I would hope the school hired someone competent...

"Alchemy isn't as black and white as I prefer things to be," He answered, truthfully. "And about the first years, I have to say I'm actually glad to be here for another four years. Some guy in my sister's year apparently had already met Cathy but was too idiotic to put two and two together when he found out I had a sister was a first year. He took way too much interest in that fact for my taste and then looked absolutely terrified when he found out Cathy was my sister. It's not like we look that much different," David answered. "And, I was already annoyed about some overly friendly first year who had the idiocy to start talking about blood types." David rolled his eyes and said, "You can't actually blame me on that to tell you the truth. And, it wasn't I who actually made the girl cry. And the guy was just terrified and kept saying sorry... kind of annoying actually."

David sighed and said, "Typical fiasco at the Ravenclaw table..."

"Anyways, if you want to review anything you may have forgotten let me know," David said. "After all, I do have it fairly well memorized by this point. And, it would be a shame if your classes ate up all your time. You have quidditch still, right? And, music club. And, dueling. But, you also promised some of your time to go to Hogsmeade with me, too." He ended narrowing his eyes at her, a hint of annoyance at the whole concept of quidditch was there, though otherwise he sounded to be in a fairly decent mood especially when he ended with, "Besides, I can quiz you on class topics on the walk over and there or something."

User Image

murruelecreuset

{ }  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:34 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson grinned as several students gave their responses about what they had discussed in class previously. Nodding toward the three, he was glad that some people had actually paid attention. However, he had to frown as several students decided to start talking about other things instead of the class. Walking toward the pair, he stopped in front of their desks and cocked an eyebrow. Really, he knew that History was a requirement, but they did have to pay attention in class. "Five points each to Mr. Lovette and Miss Cherri. Mr. League, Miss Mitchell, anything you would like to share with the rest of the class? Anything at all? After all, if it is more important than the review we are going over, it's best to share such news with the class, correct? If it isn't, then I suggest you pay attention and please keep all discussions other than History outside the classroom. Five points from Ravenclaw and Gryffindor for talking when we are supposed to be doing review work." He then realized that he'd just given the two houses points, and mentally facepalmed. Well, it couldn't be helped, really. He would have done it for earlier classes too, and had.

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic classroom
                                            Thinking: Well, a new year begins...
                                            OOC: ...

Now where did I put that wand?

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:50 pm
User Image

User Image
"What you confuse for honesty,
is fire from the tongue of a liar.
What you confuse for sanity,
is a broken mirror that cracks more.

Claire tilted her head as she tried to listen to the professor...sort of, she didn't really care much for the history of magic, what was the use of it anyway? People needed to quit bothering with the details of what happened in the past and just focus on the present.

So of course she wasn't going to say anything, besides the idiots had just gotten points taken away.

My feelings? I'm bored you know?
Precious thought of mine, "Really? So soon?"
I'm a Slytherin.
Did you know that I'm a third year?
My strings are being pulled. "..." Out of character.

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:21 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

User Image

Hmm... so the guy actually does pay attention to everything in the classroom during reviews.

David hid his surprise when Professor Powell called out both him and Leonette for talking during review. The simple answer was to lie, besides, he did answer a question about the review before. Well, actually, what he was about to say wasn't a complete lie. "Merely, I mentioned we also went over Beedle the Bard, last year when you asked, who is famous for helping compile some of the most famous wizarding children's stories we have. And, then Leonette and I were discussing how interesting it would be once this year's curriculum starts. I had glanced over the textbook over the summer and we get to look forward to finding out more about muggle witch burnings, Nicolas Flamel, the maker of the sorcerer's stone which incidentally was discussed in alchemy earlier this week, and was it Newt Scamander we also talk about?"

"It'll be interesting to dive into those topics," David answered with a smile and raised brow. They had originally been complaining about review, so what he said was true enough in regards to that. Anyways, there was always the tactic to have someone as the scapegoat. If he turned the professor's attention onto him, Leonette might very well get off lighter. Then again, Professor Powell end up giving points to both their houses for Echo and Tanya's answers and had just end up taking away the same amount of points. Nothing gained but nothing lost, either.

User Image

murruelecreuset

Diamond Wales

{ }  
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:53 pm
User Image

Leonette smiled as David talked about why he wasn’t keen on one guy in his sister’s year. There David was being the protective big brother. She knew he seemed to be the type. It wasn’t until he said a girl was crying during the feast. “You made a girl cry?” So her voice might have gone up in surprise. “I mean didn’t…” she added quickly yet quietly praying she hadn’t blown it.

Before Leonette could say anymore Professor Powell came over to them. Deep down she knew David didn’t like the fact she played Quidditch which was fine by her but she couldn’t think about that right now. Not when Professor Powell had caught them talking. Leonette froze knowing she’d just lost the points they received. Leonette was just about to apologize when David started to speak. Glancing over at David it seemed he had a clever plan.

Listening to David’s response to what they were talking about Leonette couldn’t help but be impressed. He made it sound like they did nothing wrong. Though she hoped her housemates wouldn’t mind the lack of points because of her talking. Looking to Professor Powell Leonette gave a lit nod before adding to what David said. “Sorry Professor, we just couldn’t help comparing the topics we’re learning this year… It won’t happen again.” She added she couldn’t let David take all the blame.

With: class... David, Professor Powell

OOC: Just when you think the Professor doesn't pay attention sweatdrop

mc2
Diamond Wales

Gryfindor you say?
So be it! Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:44 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson cocked an eyebrow, and said nothing. Instead, he wandered back toward the front of his desk and retrieved a piece of parchment and quill and wrote out two notes. Sealing the notes with a tap of his wand that he found in his desk drawer (he knew he had left it there last!), he walked back towards the pair and gave them each the sealed bits of parchment. "Then I suppose if you were really discussing review work instead of little sisters and their issues, I don't see any reason why this would be a hard assignment for you." He turned back to the front of the classroom and faced the rest of the class. "For everyone else, you are free to go. Please remember to review Muggle Witch Burnings for next class. You're dismissed!"

To Leonette:
                                            Quote:
                                            Please write a 500 word essay on what exactly we went over last school year. No, Mr. League may not assist you. You will have it turned into my office no later than tomorrow night. Also, you will please write "I will not lie in Professor Powell's class." 30 times and turn that in as well. Any later, and you will receive a detention.

To David:
                                            Quote:
                                            Please write a 500 word essay on what exactly we went over last school year. No, Miss Mitchell may not assist you. You will have it turned into my office no later than tomorrow night. Also, you will please write "I will not lie in Professor Powell's class and cause others to lie in class as well." 30 times and turn that in as well. Any later, and you will receive a detention.

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic classroom
                                            Thinking: Well, a new year begins...
                                            OOC: Sorry, neither of you stated you were being quiet anymore, meaning the whole class probably heard the discussion. You might want to think of including that bit in if you're talking in a public place again.

Now where did I put that wand?

mc2

murruelecreuset

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out