Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:48 pm
Slick Southpaw
Calelith

- I wear glasses and hate them with a passion but I'm far too chicken to get contacts. I also have an aversion to sticking my finger anywhere near my eyeball.

emotion_brofist
My sentiments exactly.

I've had glasses since the fourth grade. HAAAAATE scream But I'm mildly afraid that I'm gonna poke my eye out since I have the grace of a drunken elephant.
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Got Lasik eye surgery a few years ago. ******** glasses and FU contacts! cool  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Shiver`
Slick Southpaw
Calelith

- I wear glasses and hate them with a passion but I'm far too chicken to get contacts. I also have an aversion to sticking my finger anywhere near my eyeball.

emotion_brofist
My sentiments exactly.

I've had glasses since the fourth grade. HAAAAATE scream But I'm mildly afraid that I'm gonna poke my eye out since I have the grace of a drunken elephant.

You're lucky! I think you are not allowed to get it before you are 26 in Germany. So I am still waiting it out. emotion_donotwant

I don't understand being scared on contacts, though.
Sure, it takes some days to get used to them but then it's really worth it.
They are so handy. And if you are used to them, you also have no problems using coloured/effect lenses for cosplay. emotion_awesome

Ven Loraine

Explorer

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:10 pm
Ven Loraine
Shiver`
Slick Southpaw
Calelith

emotion_brofist
My sentiments exactly.

You're lucky! I think you are not allowed to get it before you are 26 in Germany. So I am still waiting it out. emotion_donotwant

They are so handy. And if you are used to them, you also have no problems using coloured/effect lenses for cosplay. emotion_awesome

I wore contacts for years but on my first deployment they caused so many eye infections due to the sandstorms and just sandy dusty area. So I switched to glasses but they were always a pain. Shooting they would slip and would get fogged up so much or smear with night vision goggles.

So once I heard we were going back to Iraq I went and got it done. SO HAPPY! I had about a week recovery time since I did the PKR eye surgery, they don't cut into you so less dangerous by healing is a slower.

Now I have a fear of fish hooks in the eye some my heart was going a mile a minute but really it was not bad at all till the next day, and even that all needed was very mild pain medication and I pretty much sleep or listen to the TV so no eye strain.

I don't think there is a set eye surgery age here in the USA, other then your eyes have to be mature I'm sure. I But get it done when you can Ven! Wished I did it sooner. whee  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:43 am
Hmm...I have plenty of stories in my life, but let's settle with this one.

When I was in grade 9, band class was going to a band camp trip of some sort. I decided not to go as I has a Social Studies test that I wanted to deal with.

That morning, I was crossing the street with my saxophone. I would have made it in one more step, but a woman had been driving a bit too fast in the school zone and hit me. I fell forward and my saxophone landed in the grass.

Person who hit me was the mother of an older band student. I ended up missing a few days of school as if I had gone with the other band kids. Guess I just wasn't meant to be in school those days. Nothing broken, but my right leg was scraped pretty bad and I had problems walking for a few weeks. I still have the scar.

My Social Studies teacher decided to omit the test.

When I was in grade 11, I saw the woman again during a band concert. I had forgotten her completely until I saw her walk down the bleachers when she won a prize for one of the school's raffles. I randomly blurted out "Oh my god. That's the lady who hit me with a car." It was pretty funny. It was like I was having flashbacks the instant I saw her. I remember the girl beside me turning around to look at one of the trumpet players and said "David! Your mom hit Char?!"

My High School life was interesting, to say the least.

Razumi Yazura

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500

Ven Loraine

Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:36 am
Shiver`
Ven Loraine
Shiver`
Slick Southpaw
Calelith

emotion_brofist
My sentiments exactly.

I wore contacts for years but on my first deployment they caused so many eye infections due to the sandstorms and just sandy dusty area. So I switched to glasses but they were always a pain. Shooting they would slip and would get fogged up so much or smear with night vision goggles.

So once I heard we were going back to Iraq I went and got it done. SO HAPPY! I had about a week recovery time since I did the PKR eye surgery, they don't cut into you so less dangerous by healing is a slower.

Now I have a fear of fish hooks in the eye some my heart was going a mile a minute but really it was not bad at all till the next day, and even that all needed was very mild pain medication and I pretty much sleep or listen to the TV so no eye strain.

I don't think there is a set eye surgery age here in the USA, other then your eyes have to be mature I'm sure. I But get it done when you can Ven! Wished I did it sooner. whee

3nodding I absolutely will!

God, I have too many plans with my life, I will need to marry a millionaire!

Or better, become one. xd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:52 am
AngeIsThanatos

Karrna
You aren't alone, even if it may seem like it.
I've never seen Star Wars either and I get why everyone is so crazy about it.

Glad I'm not the only one.
Actually, I've never seen any of the Harry Potter films either......I'm not a fan. ninja

I do have a surprisingly large amount of HP knowledge though because I worked on 2 of the video games. I guess sometimes you just absorb information without even intending to, or I do at least.

I've seen all the films, except the last one, and I used to get stupidly excited when ever a new book was released.
Most of my friends don't like HP. They're all big Terry Pratchett fans so they go on and on about discworld. I've never read any Terry Pratchett books, so I never understand what they're on about.  

Karrna

Raider

7,550 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Nerd 50

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:44 am
Shiver`
Slick Southpaw
Calelith

emotion_brofist
My sentiments exactly.

;-; it's on my list of things to get when I get a real job and have money.
I'm always losing my glasses emo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:48 am
Slick Southpaw
Shiver`
Slick Southpaw
Calelith

emotion_brofist
My sentiments exactly.

Hmmm... sexy, and short hair? One question...are you like, totally smart too?

surprised  

Day7

Aged Gaian

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:50 am
Psikoaktive
Slick Southpaw
Shiver`
Slick Southpaw
Calelith

emotion_brofist
My sentiments exactly.

Hmmm... sexy, and short hair? One question...are you like, totally smart too?

surprised
redface d'aww thanks
I'm in a fast track nursing school and despite all odds, passing with a B average.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:54 am
Slick Southpaw
redface d'aww thanks
I'm in a fast track nursing school and despite all odds, passing with a B average.

You must be Velma surprised

A male, faun Velma lol  

Day7

Aged Gaian

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:58 am
Psikoaktive
Slick Southpaw
redface d'aww thanks

A male, faun Velma lol
xd oh those glasses bwahaha

I could never pull off the thick frames look very well. I had considered getting new glasses because I'm down to one pair and I need a backup one that's my prescription.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:04 am
Slick Southpaw
Psikoaktive
Slick Southpaw
redface d'aww thanks

A male, faun Velma lol

I could never pull off the thick frames look very well. I had considered getting new glasses because I'm down to one pair and I need a backup one that's my prescription.

I usually wear very thin-rimmed, but "big" glasses
I say "big" because, while they're actually small, I'd prefer smaller. (I had smaller ones before, but I couldn't stand seeing the frames HALFWAY THROUGH MY EYESIGHT so I purchased ones that go *just* round my eyes so as to create a literal framed view) 3nodding  

Day7

Aged Gaian

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:08 am
Psikoaktive
Slick Southpaw
Psikoaktive
Slick Southpaw
redface d'aww thanks

A male, faun Velma lol

I usually wear very thin-rimmed, but "big" glasses
I say "big" because, while they're actually small, I'd prefer smaller. (I had smaller ones before, but I couldn't stand seeing the frames HALFWAY THROUGH MY EYESIGHT so I purchased ones that go *just* round my eyes so as to create a literal framed view) 3nodding
ah. I have oval thin rimmed metal frames that are kinda on the small side.
Though I was secretly jelly of anyone who could pull off the thick rimmed glasses and look adorkable.

.-. This I cannot do. I'm too angry looking or something. I just can't pull it off, even though I look like a lost waif without my glasses.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:31 am
my hs was a** backwards in that, they didnt take attendence for you being there for the school day until homeroom. thats all fine and good but homeroom was AFTER first period.

see where im going with this

i spent countless COUNTLESS first periods smoking in the girls bathroom, or walking around the outside of the school with a bunch of friends smoking weed. it didnt help that my first period teacher loved me and passed me with an A- for the year, even with me not doing major assignments.

public school yall, i would never trade it for the world  

drumnbass420

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

I Found A Sexy 1

Chatty Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:25 pm
I was born with short heel cords. I naturally walk on my tip toes because of this. I was in 5th grade when I finally got walking "heel-toe" down for times when I'm in public. I still sometimes "go up" on my tip toes. This happens especially when I'm not wearing shoes.

I had casts on both legs twice when I was little. One time the doctors even injected a type of botox into my heels before slapping the casts on as a way to try to stretch my heels.
I've also had tons of physical therapy. I've never had to have a surgery though!

I keep seeing that new Rosamund REI without the heel and I think about wearing those shoes in real life. I bet I could do it because toe walking is so natural for me.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff