Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
VGD:::Vidya Game Discussion:: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:39 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby

You're referring to Yamata-no Orochi?
I've only played Okami once, so that's the only boss that I recall having to fight more than one time.

Yep, that's the one! You have to fight him 3 times. xd I was okay against him in the first fight, and got a perfect score against him the second two times. Veil of Mist is awesome for getting your time down in pretty much every fight. I use it all the time. ^^

I had to look up what that did. xd
Veil of Mist is pretty much good for any boss where you can use it.

Indeed. 3nodding It's my number one go to combat skill, with Power Slash right behind it. It's a shame that the elemental skills aren't as useful in regular fights until you get the right weapons for them.

That just makes it more fun right?

Once you do get the right weapons? Yep, it certainly does make you appreciate having the weapons and not needing to draw a lightning bolt or the infinity sign. ^^ I loved using the Beads, both as a sub weapon and a main weapon. Long range attacks are awesome~

Unfortunately I've only played this game once and don't remember it well enough to hold up a conversation with it. I've thought of getting the DS version.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:46 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby

I had to look up what that did. xd
Veil of Mist is pretty much good for any boss where you can use it.

Indeed. 3nodding It's my number one go to combat skill, with Power Slash right behind it. It's a shame that the elemental skills aren't as useful in regular fights until you get the right weapons for them.

That just makes it more fun right?

Once you do get the right weapons? Yep, it certainly does make you appreciate having the weapons and not needing to draw a lightning bolt or the infinity sign. ^^ I loved using the Beads, both as a sub weapon and a main weapon. Long range attacks are awesome~

Unfortunately I've only played this game once and don't remember it well enough to hold up a conversation with it. I've thought of getting the DS version.

Okamiden is pretty fun. I'm about 10 hours into it, and I just got the lightning ability. 3nodding Not sure how far into the game I am as far as completion goes, but I think there's only one or two more powers to get. I'm kinda hoping that the game still has a while to go before completion though, otherwise this is a pretty short game. ^^;  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:17 pm
Sara Hysaro
Okamiden is pretty fun. I'm about 10 hours into it, and I just got the lightning ability. 3nodding Not sure how far into the game I am as far as completion goes, but I think there's only one or two more powers to get. I'm kinda hoping that the game still has a while to go before completion though, otherwise this is a pretty short game. ^^;

I don't think I could judge how long that game is without having played it as I don't know how well things are spaced out in terms of gaining new brush techniques. The game just seems like it would very well suited to the Nintendo DS.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:22 pm
I...remember when I played video games. Before I started school.

I think the last game I attempted to play was Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (that's a game, right?). And that was in November the year it came out. So...that's, like, two years of no video game playing.

I hope I get to play some on winter break.

yum_hotdog

DC-Chan

Mega Noob

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:24 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

I don't think I could judge how long that game is without having played it as I don't know how well things are spaced out in terms of gaining new brush techniques. The game just seems like it would very well suited to the Nintendo DS.

Oh, me neither. I'm just worried that I'm going to suddenly be at the end only 15 hours into it. xd As long as it's like 30 hours or so I'm cool. That's pretty good for a portable game. I'm thinking that they're just giving to me early on so that I have them. It's not like the first game where each brush skill was one step closer to being on par with Shiranui, they're just there to collect and use. smile

It's definitely suited to the DS. Brush skills are easier to get the hang of when you're drawing with a stylus as opposed to an analog stick. ^^ There are save points all over the place too, which is nice. Only thing I miss is the ability to turn the camera around, especially while drawing.

DC-Chan
I...remember when I played video games. Before I started school.

I think the last game I attempted to play was Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (that's a game, right?). And that was in November the year it came out. So...that's, like, two years of no video game playing.

I hope I get to play some on winter break.

yum_hotdog

Oh, I've heard that Professor Layton was a good series. I think my mom has one of the games, but I'm not sure which one. And hopefully you'll get some free time. ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:50 pm
So this isn't a post about a specific video game or anything, but does anybody here watch Let's Plays? smile I watch them all the time since it's a good way of learning about new games and seeing just how they are played. It's pretty entertaining too if you find an LPer you enjoy listening to.  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

aliceloatheswonderland

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:29 am
There is one game i have been playing for a while that I cant complete. The last land in Black and White 2 defeats my a**.
Stupid mother ******** volcanoes being spawned at your wall every half an hour or so, killing men and farmers and food plots.

Being a god is long thankless work sometimes ;.;  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:40 am
AliceLoathesWonderland
There is one game i have been playing for a while that I cant complete. The last land in Black and White 2 defeats my a**.
Stupid mother ******** volcanoes being spawned at your wall every half an hour or so, killing men and farmers and food plots.

I love Black and White 2. Now I want to play it.

But I am too lazy to install. xd

Ven Loraine

Explorer

aliceloatheswonderland

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:54 am
Ven Loraine
AliceLoathesWonderland

I played it while I was in hospital <3
so many hours can go in there and never come out.
i like the Expansion Pack for it best though. Battle of the Gods <3

I wish they'd do another update..

I have a question.. do you enjoy throwing around your villigers too?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:03 am
AliceLoathesWonderland
Ven Loraine
AliceLoathesWonderland

I don't own the extension emotion_donotwant

And no, I never did that, I always wanted to be good! XD

Ven Loraine

Explorer

aliceloatheswonderland

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:08 am
Ven Loraine
AliceLoathesWonderland
Ven Loraine
AliceLoathesWonderland

I don't own the extension emotion_donotwant

And no, I never did that, I always wanted to be good! XD

I went that way too. but they always get in my way when I am doing something. Soif I pic one up instead of a resource I will throw them out of my hand >.>
And end of lands.. when I win the land and I don't have enough housing for all of the last migrants I drop rocks on the migrating horde to kull a few.

you should throw a few. it's amusing. it's as much fun as throwing the guy in the cave at the end norse land for tribute.
Just you get no tribute xD  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:36 am

xD I never finished the game...

Ven Loraine

Explorer

Ven Loraine

Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:39 am

Hm, is a PSP worth getting? Probably not, with the Vita being released soon.

But they are selling the PSP for just 100 bucks here, sounds rather cheap to me.
I only want KH Birth by Sleep, though, so that game is probably not worth getting a PSP.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:20 am
Ven Loraine

Hm, is a PSP worth getting? Probably not, with the Vita being released soon.

But they are selling the PSP for just 100 bucks here, sounds rather cheap to me.
I only want KH Birth by Sleep, though, so that game is probably not worth getting a PSP.

I recently got a PSP for that price over the summer, and that game was probably the game I wanted it for the most, but admittedly there were several other games I wanted as well. Birth by Sleep is the best KH game imo, but supposedly the Vita will have the entire PSP library available for download (where have we heard that before...oh, the PSP Go, yeah right), so if that's the only game you want for it I would probably suggest holding off. Of course, it came back to haunt me when the 3DS dropped in price right after, and I found out that the Persona 4 remake is going to be for Vita D:

EDIT: Also, be warned that Vita is switching to super expensive memory cards, but downloads are supposed to be 40% cheaper to compensate.  

Growliere

Fluffy Creature

Anaella

Devoted Saint

14,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:24 am
Sara Hysaro
So this isn't a post about a specific video game or anything, but does anybody here watch Let's Plays? smile I watch them all the time since it's a good way of learning about new games and seeing just how they are played. It's pretty entertaining too if you find an LPer you enjoy listening to.

I particularly enjoy watching LPs of Amnesia. Watching people become terrified out of their minds never gets old. XD I think my favourite LP of that game was by Lanipator though.

User Image  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces