Welcome to Gaia! ::

★ The Random Guild: Random People Unite! [[Since 2008]] ★

Back to Guilds

"The Random Guild is like a giant family, except you never get tired of anyone!" - Toxic Pepper 

Tags: Random, Contest, Gold, Friends, Hangout 

Reply 04: Guild Memories - Old events, historic threads, etc..
[TRG HONOR] Where were you on 9.11.01? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady_Kohaku08

Angelic Vampire

23,725 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:48 pm
when i first heard about it i was getting ready for school and when they fell i was in my 6th grade class watching the news.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:03 pm
in my fifth grade class watching my teacher cry
because of it  

Cotevanya Kido

Wicked Hellhound

12,275 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Survivor 150

Faiths Only Hope

Shy Snack

11,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:21 pm
I was five years old and sitting in the living room with my mom while she was folding the towels. My aunt called in the morning. We knew something was wrong then because she never is awake at that time. My mom picked up the phone and heard my aunt crying while saying "Turn on the news. The towers.....They're hit." My mom's expression turned pale and she raced to the tv and turned on the tv to the news. I watched in some worry with her as they second plane hit the second tower. I started crying hysterically. Badly and dropped to my knees. Strangely, I actually figured that lots of people were dieing, and that realization hit me. Hard. The events unfolded even more. The sound of people screaming over the news even the sound of bodies hitting the pavement after dropping from the towers. I felt my body go limp and cried even more. After hearing the sounds of that, as if it weren't enough, the crackling and crumbling sound of the buildings made me throw up. I watched on as the smoke and ash keeled over the cameras. The broadcast was pulled off and the newscast woman announced that the south tower had fallen. My dad came in through the door at that time with a pale face. He went to the car store to get some stuff for his van. He picked me up from the ground and held me, closing my ears and stuffed me into his chest, though I could still hear the sound of the camera man crackling back on over the broadcast, I looked up without thinking and saw the image of the streets filled with a sooty and deserty looking snow. I watched with my mouth dropped as the next tower fell. My heart dropped even more. More people died.... I kept repeating in my head and started crying yet again. The days that passed by were of every channel filled with the broadcast of the attack. I stayed in my room the whole time, feeling sick to my stomach. Though I do wonder why I could take in such a reaction as a child that everyone else had. Even though I wasn't near this attack at all (I live in Texas >.> ) I was still really affected by this.

Remember those who died and those who survived on 9/11
We all mourn with those who lost relatives.
We are here for you.
Indefinetly.
May peace stay with you. <3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:21 pm
Toxic Pepper
I was 5 years old and was sleeping when it first happen. My mom woke me up and when I started watching it my mom said I went to hide underneath the table because I was scared.

i just went to school too (since i was in another country...) but i did find out it was on the tv news that morning.  

Elizamimi

Codebreaking Fairy

7,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

qt Chaparra

6,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:31 pm
I Dont Quite Remember What Happened Because I Was Very Little But Flight 93 Heros Were Awesome.<3 My Prayers Be With Their Families.<3  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:40 pm
I was only two when it happened so i don't remember it, but my mom says that i was sleeping when it happened.I didn't watch it but my sisters watched it live and remember the second tower getting hit. It was the day that my baby sister came home from the hospital after she was born. My sisters were eight and ten and remember watching the news report and remember things like people throwing them selves out of windows. No kid should ever have to watch sonething like that.  

Captain Doodieface

5,800 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250

Irys Maid Services

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:43 pm
I was in 5th grade (10 y/o) at the time. Sitting in my math class, the teacher gets called out of the room because his daughter had texted him "turn on the news" the teacher comes storming back into the room turns on the TV monitor. We all thought this was strange because you don't generally watch TV in math class. I remember as soon as we saw what was on TV one kid, that always picked on me for not speaking perfect english, he started crying because he thought that his older brother was piloting that airplane. He found out a week later that his brother was on that airplane and had died and he was taken out of school afterward. I didn't understand everything that was going on until when I had gotten home from school. We were released early that day, at apprx. 2pm. My dad who at the time was working for the union also came home about the same time, i was at the neighbors house and he told me what had happened, along with my neighbors 4 boys.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:50 pm
idk..i was only three...i think i was at school in my kindergarten class and she was all freaking out and we all went to the gym for safety purposes...something along those lines i only remember faintly  

Codename Sock

8,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

kouhaijpg

Shirtless Sex Symbol

8,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:51 pm
I was very litter at the time, I was around three or four and my mother had taken me out of preschool early. We came home and she began to cry. I started crying also, even though I was confused. Me and my younger sisters prayed and my dad came home and he and my mother started to cry.

I also remember my great-aunt's son, who used to work there, visited us a few days after the attack. He told me he saw a plane go by his window and smoke everywhere. I had no idea what he was talking about as he began to cry.

At church today, there were survivors, the victim's families and firefighters (I have a very big church) here and I remember a story one of them had told me.

"I remember screaming, 'Where is god now?' over and over again. As I entered what was left of the building, it looked like a cathedral and I saw three crosses made of steel standing out from the rubble. I knew that there was hope."

That was when I started to cry and left the area.

jandersonjr rolled 11 6-sided dice: 5, 2, 4, 6, 6, 4, 1, 1, 6, 3, 4 Total: 42 (11-66)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:12 pm
I was in U.S. History class in high school.  

jandersonjr

Loyal Girl

Joanna Chase

Quotable Fairy

7,500 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:34 pm
I was at Daycare and I remember going home early. The next year in Kindergarten we read a book by the kids of 9/11.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:47 pm
i was 3...so i dont remember much..all i remember is that i was in my house...  

Hakeshimaru-kun

4,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

xXxRoxas_AxelxXx

6,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:51 pm
i remember being in 1st grade sitting in class wondering why we went allowed to out for recces. Then coming home late and watching it on the news inn my dad's arms. I will never forget those who lost their lives and those who tried to save them. i hope their souls rest in peace.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:06 pm
I was still at home when the firs tower was hit. Then I was at school when the second plane came in my 4th grade math class.  

Atrocitiesss

Chatty Winner

LeafyNitemare

Swashbuckling Elder

17,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:16 pm
I was 10 and crossing the street with my dad on our bikes. We were headed to school and our friend, the crossing guard asked us if we had heard. We said no and he told my dad what happened. All I remember him telling me was planes flew into buildings. I didn't understand the grand scale of the situation until I got to school and my teacher explained. We were glued to the news on tv all day long.

The parts that scarred my heart the most was seeing the second plane coming and flying into the building. Everytime I see that, I cry. Also seeing the people jumping. Their decision to jump was an act of incredible bravery. In certain death, at least the freeing wind rushing around you is your last solice.

I've never been to New York but I've always wanted to go. I live in Los Angeles and it affected me *that* much. I didn't know anyone who died that day. But I know people who did know some of them.

And I can't even imagine having to relive such a horrible day every year. I feel for those 5th grade children at PS 234 who witnessed the whole thing. I saw a story about those kids and they were really distraught because they saw the people jumping and the fire and the smoke. Their fear was so raw, they all thought their parents were dead. And some were right.

Honestly, I really hate how some news reporters are talking about it so frankly, dredging up 10 year old emotions and feelings. It still feels like it was yesterday. Way too soon to be so frank. It's so disrespectful and rude. I don't wanna relive the "sheer terror" I felt that day. I would like to move forward and be able to get through a September 11th without crying. But that day isn't today. It may never be a day without tears.

Note: I'm really sorry if my post upsets anyone. I didn't intend it that way.  
04: Guild Memories - Old events, historic threads, etc..

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games