Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
charms 2001 fall term closed Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you participate and win the house cup
hell yeah that cup is as good as mine it belongs in slytherin
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
hell yeah that cup is as good as mine it belongs in ravenclaw
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
hell yeah that cup is as good as mine it belongs in hufflepuff
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
hell yeah that cup is as good as mine it belongs in griffendor
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
hell no its mine hands off im the best
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
poll whore
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
nah charms isnt for me
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
ima sign up and disappear
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Yukina101 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

Yukina101

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:00 pm
Nell moved on from the monkey to go face the now spell-handy dummies. The first was poised to attack so she repeatedly whispered the incantation while practicing the right movements for the spell. When the dummy struck with a disarming spell she flung out her arm with a shout of "Protego!" She wasn't expected to flung backwards by her spell backfiring upon her. She muttered "Ow" and rubbed her head. "Well that didn't work..."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:20 am
Yukina101
Nell studied the jar again and then closed her eyes to envision it flying toward her. She whispered the incantation again and again then made the hand and wand motions. Feeling prepared she said the spell, "Accio jar!" When the jar zoomed toward her the moment the words left her mouth she whooped and opened the jar and was disappointed to find it empty. "Aww...I wanted jam..."

"that was perfectly done 4pts for griffendor"  

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:20 am
Yukina101
Nell went to face the monkey would practice the rope charm on and felt bad. The poor animal didn't deserve what was going to happen! She walked forward slowly as to pet it then immediately ducked when it decided to fling poop at her. Feeling not so bad anymore, she whispered the spell again and practiced the movements before saying, "Incarcerous!" When ropes shot out and wrapped themselves around the poo-flinging monkey she didn't exactly whoop but she didn't feel too bad for it either.

"2pts for griffendor"  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:39 pm
*Calliope, who was already retrieving her own wand after her failed shield charm, saw Nell's wand fly past her ear, she picked it up and walked back over to where Nell had fallen. Helping her up and returning her wand.*

"Here's your wand, and don't take it too hard." *She looks about her and then leans in to whisper confidentially.* "You know sometimes I wonder if those dummies have alternate agendas, they act all blank and inanimate, but I swear I saw one laughing at me when my summoning charm backfired for the third time!"

vivacious_red

vivacious_red rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)

vivacious_red

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:42 pm
*Straightening up, Calliope rolls up her sleeves and sucks in a deep breath before hurling herself in front of the dueling dummy with a sort of crazed shout. Right as it's about to cast it's spell she swirls her wand and shouts the incantation.*

"PROTEGO!"

*A bright and shiny shield bursts from her wand expanding in front of her, but as the jet of red light shoots at it, it emits a sort of squeal of fright and swivels around to cower behind Calliope, who looks both shocked and a bit exasperated.*

"Coward!"

Yukina101 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:35 pm
Nell, after brushing herself off and getting checked by the nosy nurse for a concussion, came back to try the protection charm again. The same dummy was waiting for her and she was almost sure that had it been real it would be grinning cockily. Practicing and whispering not wanting to be flung back again she finally yelled out, "Protego!" She was happy to see the Expelliarmus from the dummy bounce back from her strong shield and rebound back on it. "Take that!"  

Yukina101

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
vivacious_red rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

vivacious_red

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:24 pm
"Man, I don't know what's the matter with me this week... Last week I was doing so well... "

*Calliope crosses and retrieves her wand, before preparing herself to defend against yet another assault by the dueling dummy. She steps in front of the dummy, the tip of her tongue stuck out in concentration.*

"Protego!"

*This time, Calliope's shield is a bit braver and stops the dummy's hex, rebounding it onto the dummy. Calliope throws her hands in the air and whoops in triumph. Nearly gloating, but not quite.*

"Alright!!! I can finally move on!!!! Now time to find me a monkey..."

vivacious_red rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:42 pm
"Aw, I can't help but feel kind of vindictive, trying to tie up a poor defenseless monkey...!"

*Calliope quickly learned not to feel to guilty as at that moment the "poor defenseless monkey" had taken up a bunch of bananas and was repeatedly hitting her with it, and jumping just out of reach. She uses one hand to fend off his attack and the other to aim her wand.*

SMACK! Ow! SMACK! Hey! SMACK! Stop that! SMACK! Look, it's not my fault I've got to tie you up!
SMACK! SMACK! SMACK! Ack! Oh--- Incarcerous!

*Her spell catches the monkey in mid-swing, and in an instant both monkey and banana bunch are tied together and teeter for a moment before tipping onto the floor. Calliope looks down on it with satisfaction.*

"Perhaps you'll think twice before assaulting me with a bunch of bananas next time, hmmm? Right then, just to be sure you don't get any funny ideas, I'm not releasing you until I'm well across the room!"

vivacious_red

vivacious_red rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

vivacious_red

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:52 pm
*Calliope looks about the room, spots the stone blocks and heads across to them, after freeing her monkey-nemisis, she turns her wand to the stones and goes through the wand movement and incantation in her head a few times before picking out a specific stone, and giving it a try.*

"Reducto!"

*The stone burst into a pile of pebbles of all shapes and sizes, almost like the rubble left after an explosion.*

"Oh good, I'm glad it wasn't quite explosive, seeing as how we're in a classroom... I wouldn't want anyone to get hit by projectile rocks... I think that means that I'm done for this lesson, it feels like I finished rather quickly after taking so long in the beginning..."

Yukina101 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:01 pm
Nell left the tied up dummy to go to the other side of the room filled with large boulders to be used for practice. Remembering the incantation, whispering it over and over while also doing the wand movements (not together mind, she didn't want a second explosion!) until she was confident enough. "Reducto!" She ducked as her finely cast spell reduced the boulders to pebbles which bounced back at her. "Wicked! Let me brother's try an read me diary now!"  

Yukina101

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:35 pm
Yukina101
Nell, after brushing herself off and getting checked by the nosy nurse for a concussion, came back to try the protection charm again. The same dummy was waiting for her and she was almost sure that had it been real it would be grinning cockily. Practicing and whispering not wanting to be flung back again she finally yelled out, "Protego!" She was happy to see the Expelliarmus from the dummy bounce back from her strong shield and rebound back on it. "Take that!"

"2pts for griffendor"  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:36 pm
vivacious_red
"Man, I don't know what's the matter with me this week... Last week I was doing so well... "

*Calliope crosses and retrieves her wand, before preparing herself to defend against yet another assault by the dueling dummy. She steps in front of the dummy, the tip of her tongue stuck out in concentration.*

"Protego!"

*This time, Calliope's shield is a bit braver and stops the dummy's hex, rebounding it onto the dummy. Calliope throws her hands in the air and whoops in triumph. Nearly gloating, but not quite.*

"Alright!!! I can finally move on!!!! Now time to find me a monkey..."

"2pts for hufflepuff
((ooc lols your comentary on the failings make me laugh i never heard of a spell acting as if it had a personality good work))

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:40 pm
vivacious_red
"Aw, I can't help but feel kind of vindictive, trying to tie up a poor defenseless monkey...!"

*Calliope quickly learned not to feel to guilty as at that moment the "poor defenseless monkey" had taken up a bunch of bananas and was repeatedly hitting her with it, and jumping just out of reach. She uses one hand to fend off his attack and the other to aim her wand.*

SMACK! Ow! SMACK! Hey! SMACK! Stop that! SMACK! Look, it's not my fault I've got to tie you up!
SMACK! SMACK! SMACK! Ack! Oh--- Incarcerous!

*Her spell catches the monkey in mid-swing, and in an instant both monkey and banana bunch are tied together and teeter for a moment before tipping onto the floor. Calliope looks down on it with satisfaction.*

"Perhaps you'll think twice before assaulting me with a bunch of bananas next time, hmmm? Right then, just to be sure you don't get any funny ideas, I'm not releasing you until I'm well across the room!"

*the professor sees the monkey behaving badly and starts to walk over to intervene but then Calliope handles it nicely*
*walks over and takes the banana from the poor little monkey*
"2pts for hufflepuff"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:43 pm
vivacious_red
*Calliope looks about the room, spots the stone blocks and heads across to them, after freeing her monkey-nemisis, she turns her wand to the stones and goes through the wand movement and incantation in her head a few times before picking out a specific stone, and giving it a try.*

"Reducto!"

*The stone burst into a pile of pebbles of all shapes and sizes, almost like the rubble left after an explosion.*

"Oh good, I'm glad it wasn't quite explosive, seeing as how we're in a classroom... I wouldn't want anyone to get hit by projectile rocks... I think that means that I'm done for this lesson, it feels like I finished rather quickly after taking so long in the beginning..."

"2pts for hufflepuff and just to let you know its ok it its exceptionally explosive cause that area is warded and any damage done to the building will heal its self and the exploding rocks will be slowed enough to not cause too much harm nothing our nurse cant fix anyway"  

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash