Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Care 4 Magical Creatures have fun [CLOSED] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taking COMC???
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 9 ]
No...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

dancer_ attitude

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:48 pm
"You make very good points, James, but I have counter arguments. As for your first statement, they are only a danger in their wolf form, as I have covered. I agree, werwolves who don't comply to general civilian's rules, and don't take wolfsbane should be kept away from humans, but you have to remember,the people who are werwolves now never wanted to be. They were once just people like us. Next, the disease is CURRENTLY incurable, but wizards have already found a substance that dulls the effects, who knows how far they'll get in a matter of years. They are only unpredictable in their wolf form. It would be easy for us to set up a program that can help monitor werwolves, so that they could get help if they got out of control. As for their appearance, we have learned to accept each other for who we are. Not too long ago, America fought over racial issues. Allowing ourselves to discriminate over looks would be a replay of the past! Why do you think werwolves are vicious? Is it simply because they are 'bad', or can we get past preschool labels and look deeper? Werwolves have been excluded from society and looked upon as villains. No wonder after all these years they have finally not been able to put up with wrongful blame. They are mad that we treat them badly when we treat others well."  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:36 pm
I'm pro werewolf because while they are a danger to us i still think my theory could be correct on what i said earlier. Plus they do have the potion they can take. There for they are able to keep their mind. For those that still kill and maim people while on the potion are the ones to be worried about yes. But there are ways to contain those that do. I mean what about when they are in their human form. They have a life, they have feelings just as we do.  

DownAzzLette

12,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:23 am
"ok well to get to your statements the reason no progrma can be made to track and control werewolves is cause they are so unpredictable and ther unhuman strength makes keeping them in a cell highly unlikely as for when they are in their "human" form they have been tainted by the wolf's desires and thought processes and must not be allowed to make others that way as well and we can never truely know which ones are taking the potion and which ones arent so keeping the "safe" werewolves near people isnt an option since they will have some who lie about taking the potion just so they can get close to people when they change and since there is a full moon about 1once a month that means about once a month they go on killing rampages and for that reason they must be hunted down for they are only weak during the days when the full moon is not here and that is our only chance of riding this world of them and their disease if they could have it their way they would have all of us belive that they would be able to control the beast within them but that is not possible the beast may be dulled by the potion but its spirit still controls the body meaning that they will have their mind but not their body they may want to save their friends but those memories will just make them kill their friends when the full moon comes up or if they arent lucky enough to have been killed they wil be cursed with the uncurable disease and as you stated already they cant be cured right now but to allow them to safely pass though the world till it can be cured is an insanity that will not be tolerated for they will just ravage the peoples of this world and since taking the potion gives them thier mind back they should be treated just teh same as other murderers either put in azkanban(sp?) or killed by aurors seeing as they are magical creatures it would fall under either the same department that hagrid's buck beak was tried or by the aurors since they hunt dark creatures and beings and most of the werewolves that are known to the world are ones that search out a spefic type of person for their victums which just shows their depravity since they have a spefici type they have the same traits as mass murderers which are prohibited in both the muggle world and our world and yes we have learned to be nice towards other humansthat show human inteligence and have different color that doesnt really apply to maigcal creatures since we have a classification sytem for a reason the system is used to show just how dangerous some creatures are and as you can see werewolves do have a very high rating while in the wolf form thats like the muggles letting a child murder walk among them and be a teacher at a school the child murder says he/she wont kill children any more and then whne given the chance/temptation kills them at will and gets caught the same can be said of the werewolves tehy say they wont hurt any one and then they turn and kill several people before being either killed themselves or fleeing from the authorities or being captured by some brave/stupid soul"  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:42 am
Jewel looks at James and Jenna then smiles. "Wow. How do you people come up with so much to say?" Jewel finds it difficult herself. She laughs then turns it into a cough. "Maybe it would jut be easier to have an island full of werewolves somewhere and ship them humans which have done wrong to prey on every week. That defeats the whole purpose of jails however since they supposedly there to give people time to think about what they've done." She ponders on this. "Wow, I'm scaring myself! Talking about ending lives. Please ignore me." She opens a textbook and starts to read on a page about werewolves.  

noturtomato

Feral Prophet

12,325 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Expert Converter 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:59 am
actually i agree with jewel the werewolves would be easier to control have all were wolves be forced to register with the ministry send them to a deserted island during thier time of change and send prisoners that already have life sentieces and or death sentences on them to live there and be food for the werewolves"  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:30 am
Jewel looks up from the book in surprise. "Wait... What? Someone agrees with me? Thank you!" She laughs. "But of course the prisoners must have done something really bad to get sent to be eaten by werewolves." She pauses. "I just found a fault with that. The security must be well guarded so that none of the prisoners or werewolves can be taken out without authorization. Poor werewolves... Trapped... But at least it's only for some time."  

noturtomato

Feral Prophet

12,325 Points
  • Expert Converter 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

dancer_ attitude

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:06 pm
"I agree as well! That would give werwolves a way to make a living, while keeping 'bad' ones contained. Though, legally, it would be best only to have them kept away during the full moon, that way, they may be with those of their kind, and not those who they could possibly hurt should they not agree to take wolf's bane. Though having a mandatory evacuation once a month is slightly... cruel... maybe there would be some way to keep tabs on them, like being on probation. If they step out of line, they get put on the program, but otherwise, they may live a normal life."  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 1:27 am
I will be going over the debate to finalize who has won by best supporting their point,
look back at this post to later on see who won

Don't forget your Final is up

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Syreyn

10,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:05 pm
Amanda decides to attack her classwork. She takes out a piece of parchment and begins writing.

"Well, keeping in mind that I am a first year and this has been a short semester, I thought Professor Grey did a wonderful job. This class was set up nicely and easy to understand. I was not frightened and I am left looking forward to learning more about Magical creatures! Thank you professor Grey for stepping up! Will you be returning next semester?"

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:56 pm
"I think that the class was very well done. Everything was easy to follow, and to understand. I hope you will be returning next year because I had a awesome time in this class."  

Riku Masen

Chatty Seeker

noturtomato

Feral Prophet

12,325 Points
  • Expert Converter 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:30 pm
"I think that some lessons were too easy to understand. Will you be here to challenge us next semester Professor? I like debates in this class!"  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:07 am
"I think you did an amazing job teaching this class by the book and it reminded me about the information from the book that I had read a long time ago. It was very structured and well organized, and you did a great job in making sure you were online to help the students that needed it. Well done."  

JuuzousJason XIII

Vicious Lunatic

22,025 Points
  • Team Jet 75
  • Married 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:50 pm
The returning question....not sure guys currently debating it, but i will be getting your final scores in this was my finals week so i decided you guys could wait until my brain defused from the finals and stress,
Nice Avi Yami

EDIT: I will give EC to the few who completed it thanks for taking the class

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:21 pm
"Thank you Professor."  

JuuzousJason XIII

Vicious Lunatic

22,025 Points
  • Team Jet 75
  • Married 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75
Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8