Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply The White Tomb [Archives]
TF Headquarters Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:26 pm
Signing out.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:41 pm
Signing in.  

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:13 am
Signing out.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:08 pm
Signing in.  

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:07 pm
Checking suggestion box.
iAssassinSteve
I'm not sure really if this is the right place to post, but have you guys thought of starting fresh when the forums get overflowed with post's and stuff? Because, it's active, but theres some places that I'd like to rp in and theres posts from since, like, last year. The pages are numerous too.

Since its a new year and all, I was just wondering.

I can see what he's saying.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:12 pm
In.
@ Lana: I completly understand. It's a bit fustrating as some people were very rude in telling me they wouldn't like to join.....

Nite of Storms

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:31 pm
Sonas what do you think of Steves suggestion. It's just above your post.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:35 pm
@Tealflower, i think we should start formatting our event.

We should work on that quiz, i think we could use some of the Sorting Hat questions.  

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:45 pm
So here's what we've got so far.

Quote:
Firstly, we find out who will be attending the Ball. So they'll have to pretend to buy tickets.

So lets say, Icee and Adonis are attending and so are Techpriest and Oshenkur, so we pair up Techpriest and Icee, and Oshenkur and Adonis. But we don't tell them, we give everyone clues to who they're paired up with.

The students involved will give us a brief of their RP character, and will answer a quiz. Then when they've guessed their partner, they get together and have to get through a course to get to the ball. Where a spiker will spike the punch with a love potion.

Who should guess their partner?

Well, originally i thought they both need to work to find their partner. Because one might be more active then the other, and their might be an unfair balance of more girls then guys. BTW everyone should be allowed to attend. Including elves and grads.

But we could have one work more to find their partner.

If needed we could have some go as friends. Due to imbalances.

Preferably we would have the more active person look more for there partners.

Okay so what should be in the quiz?

We should also have that some partners get hit by the potion whilst others don't, the ones who don't get hit have to find out who spiked the punch. Yes? If this event gets to much i reckon just skip the course bit.

Yes, i think we should just choose the spiker now. so we dont have any last minute things.

How about a mod to spike the punch?

I think a mod would be ideal, because they are annoyed with all the behaviour due to the event, they can not focus on their teaching, or whatever it is they're doing this semester.

If there is an extra partner we can make up random host characters to RP as when we are at the ball.

What mod should we have?
Adonis
Icee
Stardust
Tina(Avatar34)
AnimeKitty

I think we should let them choose amongst themselves.

So what we need to work on is that quiz.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:34 pm
Signing out.  

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:56 pm
The Queen Lana
So here's what we've got so far.

Quote:
Firstly, we find out who will be attending the Ball. So they'll have to pretend to buy tickets.

So lets say, Icee and Adonis are attending and so are Techpriest and Oshenkur, so we pair up Techpriest and Icee, and Oshenkur and Adonis. But we don't tell them, we give everyone clues to who they're paired up with.

The students involved will give us a brief of their RP character, and will answer a quiz. Then when they've guessed their partner, they get together and have to get through a course to get to the ball. Where a spiker will spike the punch with a love potion.

Who should guess their partner?

Well, originally i thought they both need to work to find their partner. Because one might be more active then the other, and their might be an unfair balance of more girls then guys. BTW everyone should be allowed to attend. Including elves and grads.

But we could have one work more to find their partner.

If needed we could have some go as friends. Due to imbalances.

Preferably we would have the more active person look more for there partners.

Okay so what should be in the quiz?

We should also have that some partners get hit by the potion whilst others don't, the ones who don't get hit have to find out who spiked the punch. Yes? If this event gets to much i reckon just skip the course bit.

Yes, i think we should just choose the spiker now. so we dont have any last minute things.

How about a mod to spike the punch?

I think a mod would be ideal, because they are annoyed with all the behaviour due to the event, they can not focus on their teaching, or whatever it is they're doing this semester.

If there is an extra partner we can make up random host characters to RP as when we are at the ball.

What mod should we have?
Adonis
Icee
Stardust
Tina(Avatar34)
AnimeKitty

I think we should let them choose amongst themselves.

So what we need to work on is that quiz.

Okay, so first off, this wouldn't be the first ever Ball. We used to have a Yule Ball all the time. (Not trying to rain on the parade, I just want you all informed.)

Also, some people in this guild are not straight and since this is a Valentines Day and your "pairing" everyone up, it just seems like someone may get offended. So, this pairing idea would HAVE to be completely random and more of a friend thing then anything else. So, if there was any intentions of there being more behind the pairing, I think it needs to change so people aren't hurt. Some people hate Valentines day to begin with and I just don't want it to be worse, you know.

Third, alot of people in this guild are here for the Discussions and don't like to r-p. So, it maybe hard to get people to participate. We all put alot of work into Fright Week and not alot of people took place in it. Not only was participation low, but it took alot to finally finish things off. (Including the threads and all) What are you going to to if there is an odd number of people that want to partake? Also, be prepared for alot of people to not know what they want to do with their characters yet. So, getting a bit of r-p information from them, may be difficult. So, I would make the info asked to be very simple. Nothing to in-depth.

If your going to have the punch spiked, it should be done before hand OR very planned out. With a date and time that it has to be done, so that the rp matches up. This is why I think having it done beforehand would be better, plus there is more to figure out. If there is low activity then, the Mods and you gals could step in and rp what has happened.

In ALL events, everyone is allowed to partake. Grads, elves and everyone in-between.

It does make sense in my eyes to make the person who is more active find out who they are matched up with. However, it doesn't seem quite fair if the other person does want to partake in the event too.

I don't know that any Mod in or out of character would put a love potion in the punch. However, I think that the Headmaster is a joker so, if anyone of the Mods would spike anything I personally think it would be him.

Again, not trying to rain on any of your ideas, I'm just pointing out the flaws.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:15 pm
Signing in.

Thanks Tina, we never considered that this was the first ball, nor were we calling it a yule ball.

Originally i thought of matching same sex partners, as well as different sex partners, but then Tealflower mentioned boy and girl partners.

We have a plan for odd numbers. The hosts will step in.

Also we have a form of quiz, or fill out form idea, for the partnering system.

The event won't be entirely rp based, hopefully only partially, i hope for the rest to be more game like.

I myself have a stong dis-like towards Valentines day, i feel an event would be nice, because it takes the commercial feel away from Valentines Day.

We will organise dates and details, we're just working on the shape of the event at the moment.

Thank you though, Tina, your feedback is much appreciated.

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:22 pm
@Tealflower, i think Professor Adonis would be ideal for the Spiker, i also think he should spike the form disguised as St. Valentines, or Cupid. We can give out clues to who spiked the punch, such as 'Who spiked the punch, i think i have a hunch, Maybe it was Cupid, No that's stupid, It was Valentine the Saint, How quaint'. So the clues are like love poems or letters.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:38 am
I'm embarrassed to say I forgot to sign out. As for Steven's idea I agree, some RP areas are definetly cluttered but I kind of feel it adds to the history of characters......I'd be fine either way.
I'd like to try the ball but I'm not sure it would work unless people are active. If getting people to join is anything like getting members active we're in for a long long journey but it could be worth it.

Nite of Storms

The White Tomb [Archives]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces