Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Which god/goddess to you follow worship? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mrs. Testicle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:35 pm
Maiden/Mother/Crone, and the Horned God.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:58 am
Like i said. i apologize for the incorect sites. i m still getting my comp up. i apologize again for the typo. i ment pre-gardenarian. again was typing as i was rushing out the door. i had a faimly emergincy as i posted in the forum.

as was mentioned opinions mean nothing without factual basis. ALL OF THIS IS OPINIONS THERE IS NO FACTUAL BASIS THAT ANY OF THIS REALLLY EVEN EXISTS. sorry for yelling i just thought that point needed to be gotten across. No religion has ever been able to actually prove that it is the one. that is particular beliefs are the true ones. if they had been than there wouldnt be debates such as this one. again. as soon as i fully get my comp up and running i will find the sources that state Cernunos as a Nordic diety. until then i am unable to post them. thank you.  

Nagaz

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:34 am
That doesn't matter Nagaz, we can find historical proof of who worshipped who, without presuming that the deity actually exists.

Your claim is highly unlikely, considering the evidence against you. But if you can produce the evidence to support your opinion, the same as we have done, we'll look at it.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:16 pm
wow. I just read the Cernunnos debate. awsome stuff. I've certinly realized that my education on norse, celtic, and greek mythology hasn't been lacking. Iknew more than I thought.
as for the main question:
I really haven't decided which deit(ies)y is for me. I'm still doing research into it. I've only been studying for two years, and I don't feel that I could make a desicion about that knind of thing hastily. I think I'm going to head into celtic stuff, since it reflects some of my belifs. maybe kemetic gods, but only after some more study. I may never find a name, face, or tradition for what I beleive.  

Spring-heeled Jill

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:22 pm
Kia of the dominions
I really haven't decided which deit(ies)y is for me. I'm still doing research into it.

In my experience, your appropriate deity or deities will choose you, not necessarily the other way around.

Of course, I may be the exception. Mine has been watching me for .... damn, at least fifteen years, though I didn't recognize what was going on until about three years ago. (Said deity's comment when I finally got a clue: "Took you long enough to figure that out!")

*shrugs* So if you've had anything that struck you as an "imaginary" encounter with something larger than yourself, pay attention to it. It might mean more than you think.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:01 pm
Jishin
Kia of the dominions
I really haven't decided which deit(ies)y is for me. I'm still doing research into it.

In my experience, your appropriate deity or deities will choose you, not necessarily the other way around.

Of course, I may be the exception. Mine has been watching me for .... damn, at least fifteen years, though I didn't recognize what was going on until about three years ago. (Said deity's comment when I finally got a clue: "Took you long enough to figure that out!")

*shrugs* So if you've had anything that struck you as an "imaginary" encounter with something larger than yourself, pay attention to it. It might mean more than you think.

I feel that I need to find a face for what I beleive.I didn't mean that I was just going to chose whichever one that struck me as being a good choice. opposed to just incorperating the first set of deities that I come across, I'm waiting for the right ones to enter my life, so to speak. I know that bastet has been intriguing me since I was about eight, but I don't know everything about what I beleive yet. I'm not going to go running off and make a shrine to bastet, insist that I get a sacred cat, become an kemetic revivalist, etc. I need to work out what I more of what I beleive and feel before rushing ful blown whorship.  

Spring-heeled Jill

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:14 am
Kia of the dominions
I feel that I need to find a face for what I beleive.I didn't mean that I was just going to chose whichever one that struck me as being a good choice. opposed to just incorperating the first set of deities that I come across, I'm waiting for the right ones to enter my life, so to speak. I know that bastet has been intriguing me since I was about eight, but I don't know everything about what I beleive yet. I'm not going to go running off and make a shrine to bastet, insist that I get a sacred cat, become an kemetic revivalist, etc. I need to work out what I more of what I beleive and feel before rushing ful blown whorship.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that. I apologize. I simply meant that if something was poking at you in an oblique way, you might want to investigate.

I mean, it took me ten years to figure out what was going on with me, since it never even crossed my mind that that was where I was being called. If I can help someone else shave some time off their search, it strikes me as something I should try to do, you know? 3nodding

That's all I'm saying, not trying to tell you to run off without a good foundation. Sorry if that's how it came across.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:10 am
Jishin
Kia of the dominions

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that. I apologize. I simply meant that if something was poking at you in an oblique way, you might want to investigate.

I mean, it took me ten years to figure out what was going on with me, since it never even crossed my mind that that was where I was being called. If I can help someone else shave some time off their search, it strikes me as something I should try to do, you know? 3nodding

That's all I'm saying, not trying to tell you to run off without a good
foundation. Sorry if that's how it came across.

that's okay. thank you for the opinion anyway. 3nodding  

Spring-heeled Jill

Zaphriel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:44 pm
I am a Kitchen Witch, like most of the women of my Family before me. I don't have an organized religion but I do respect them.

I worship Chaos.

I also pay homage to Hephaestus, Anubis, and the Archangel Camael.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:30 pm
Now thats something ive never heard of before. but awsome. a Kitchen witch worshiping chaos.  

Nagaz

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:17 pm
Zaphriel
I am a Kitchen Witch, like most of the women of my Family before me. I don't have an organized religion but I do respect them.

I worship Chaos.

May I ask as to how you view Chaos? As a single entity, as a deity, as simply an entropic force? I'm not trying to pick on you -- I'm honestly curious, since the way you present it is unclear to me, and I'd like to understand.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:18 am
Jishin
Zaphriel

I worship Chaos.

May I ask as to how you view Chaos? As a single entity, as a deity, as simply an entropic force? I'm not trying to pick on you -- I'm honestly curious, since the way you present it is unclear to me, and I'd like to understand.

That's okay, I don't feel picked on at all, there was no hostility in your question so it's all good!

Anyway, I veiw Chaos as all three really (excluding the entropic part).
To me Chaos is a Force, with a personality (like a single entity), and the potential for power greater than any other (like a deity).

Chaos, by simplest definition, is the absence of order and it is human nature to think of this as destructive. We fear the unknown more often than not and so we anticipate the worst. But I see it different because, while Chaos has this potential for destruction, it doesn't stop there. Chaos has infinite potential! It is this potential that excites me, that I feed off of, and that I respect more than anything.

Nagaz, I know it's a pretty off kind of combo and I usually get flamed and called a lier, but it's what I am... I can't change it without becoming a lier! sweatdrop

Zaphriel

[(~Callista~)]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:43 pm
D. Metria
Jono Geo
D. Metria
Karamagee. a local deity who I have a VERY close relationship with. well, localized, I'm her first follower outside of a small village in Kenya. and that because I have to. its a very personal relationship, shes like a second consience...but a bad one. I mean..argh. I'm getting scolded. Lets have her words for you.

"I am a spirit of earth, whose power depends of the health of her earth and the strength of her followers belief and devotion"

in other words, shes a parasite feeding off me.

and now I'm being scolded again.

"~-She, Your Goddess, is honest about the situation of the planet and wishes help. She derives her ability from those that believe in her. As a Base of strength to perform. I guess... I have never heard of this Goddess before. But the things that You say, Or she says, ring true to me.-~"
*Sits back down and stops chirping.*

Thankyou. you want her, take her. I've had her for...five years now, breathing down my neck. AND SCREAMING IN MY HEAD DAMNIT STOP THAT. sorry, as you can see, very close. Shes also very rude. ow. I hate it when I have to talk about her faults.

She reminds me soo much of lioness. My friend has this lion demon in her head who does the same exact thing.

I personally am not aligned with any god/goddess or pantheon. Maybe one day I will be. I just try to give all and goddesses some respect.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:03 pm
Chichiri no Ai
I'm veeeeeeery interested in the Hindu pantheon. ninja

That's actually really cool.  

[(~Callista~)]

Nagaz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:39 pm
youll have to excuse me. i wasnt calling you a lier. its like the debate that ive been having with everyone. its just not something you hear of very often. i actually find it very interesting.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff