Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

New Members {New to the guild? Introduce yourself here} Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Not Of This World

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:36 am
My name's Riley. I live in NC. I turned 18 in January. I live for the Lord and no one else. I love to study/learn about different religions and about Christianity. I love to read Christian based books too (not cheesy books, but books with good meanings). I play PS2...but I'm not really in to RPG games (except Kingdom Hearts). I love the whole evil vs. good battle. As long as the good can reign, count me in. I'm always looking to make new friends and talk/debate... so PM me, or just add me as a friend. I love people who are on fire for Christ... if you're not, I won't hold it against you...but you must know I'm not in favor of profanity. It's one of my biggest pet peeves.

I love Christian rock, starbucks, chik fil a, tim burton films [films with meaning really get to me..], independent films,my cat [Jericho], meeting new people, my PS2.

I'm not your average girl. I wear Christian rock concert tees [ I buy tees that represent my favorite bands and I also wear tees from c28.com]. I refuse to shop at Abercrombie and Fitch/American Eagle/Hollister. I will occasionally buy something from Hot Topic [they do have a few Christian tshirts]. I wear converse shoes. I love black and just about any color that goes with black. I wouldn't consider myself a goth...but I guess you probably would. I don't wear makeup [ I only wear mascara but even then not a lot] alot...I'd rather spend my money on cds than girly things like jewelry and whatnot. I would rather play PS2 than get my nails done. I love streaking my hair. Right now my hair has caramel colored streaks...but I'm hoping to do red soon. If not red streaks, hopefully red tips. I'm all for being unique...so I strive to be independent.

I believe a lot can be said through music...so I listen to it regularly. I refuse to listen to Secular music. I don't want to support any musician supporting things that aren't Godly or moral. I could go on and on, literally...but I'll save you the trouble. If you're interested in knowing more, contact me.

I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:01 am
First off, WELCOME! Happy to have you here!

Not Of This World

I love black and just about any color that goes with black. I wouldn't consider myself a goth...but I guess you probably would. I don't wear makeup [ I only wear mascara but even then not a lot] alot...

The term "goth" is often (wrongly) applied to anyone who dresses in all black and dyes their hair funky colors. People automatically assume that this person is emotionally unstable and suicidal, which is a horrible assumption to make. I had a couple friends in high school who everyone assumed were "goth" just because they wore all black and wore accessories from Hot Topic. *rolls eyes* No one even bothered to learn that one of them was actually a devote Christian. I hate it when people jump to conclusions about the people the see.

Although even the people who call themselves "Goth" are generally misusing the term.

Wikipedia.com

The original Goths were a Germanic tribe who played an important role in the fall of the western Roman Empire. The name "goth" later became pejorative synonymous with "barbarian" and being uncultured (a similar fate befell the name of another such tribe, the Vandals).

In Britain by the late 1700s, however, nostalgia for the medieval period...led people to become fascinated with medieval gothic ruins. ...This fascination was often combined with an interest in medieval romances, Roman Catholic religion, and the supernatural. Enthusiasts for gothic revival architecture in Britain were led by Horace Walpole, and were sometimes nicknamed "goths", the first positive use of the term in the modern period."

Sorry, just felt the need to vent at the misuse of the term "Goth" nowadays. Not mad at YOU, though. I heart you!  

Shien no Ryuu

Not Of This World

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:30 am
Shien no Ryuu
First off, WELCOME! Happy to have you here!

Not Of This World

I love black and just about any color that goes with black. I wouldn't consider myself a goth...but I guess you probably would. I don't wear makeup [ I only wear mascara but even then not a lot] alot...

The term "goth" is often (wrongly) applied to anyone who dresses in all black and dyes their hair funky colors. People automatically assume that this person is emotionally unstable and suicidal, which is a horrible assumption to make. I had a couple friends in high school who everyone assumed were "goth" just because they wore all black and wore accessories from Hot Topic. *rolls eyes* No one even bothered to learn that one of them was actually a devote Christian. I hate it when people jump to conclusions about the people the see.

Although even the people who call themselves "Goth" are generally misusing the term.

Wikipedia.com

The original Goths were a Germanic tribe who played an important role in the fall of the western Roman Empire. The name "goth" later became pejorative synonymous with "barbarian" and being uncultured (a similar fate befell the name of another such tribe, the Vandals).

In Britain by the late 1700s, however, nostalgia for the medieval period...led people to become fascinated with medieval gothic ruins. ...This fascination was often combined with an interest in medieval romances, Roman Catholic religion, and the supernatural. Enthusiasts for gothic revival architecture in Britain were led by Horace Walpole, and were sometimes nicknamed "goths", the first positive use of the term in the modern period."

Sorry, just felt the need to vent at the misuse of the term "Goth" nowadays. Not mad at YOU, though. I heart you!

I completely agree with you..which is why I said I don't consider myself Goth but others probably would. Others being people who misuse the term. I'm not gothic by today's terms by any means. I'm not 'gothic' at all.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:54 am
Welcome Brice, Mandy and Riley! I'm glad you all decided to join the guild and I pray from the bottom of my heart that we can do a good job (through the work of the Holy Spirit) helping you and teaching you in the word and leading you closer to God's throne room.  

immanuelkant

redeemed1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:46 pm
Hello all, my name is Rachel and I am not going to reveal my age because I am the oldest one here! I found out about this guild through Andrea's dad and I am just learning how to navigate it. I would like to eventually have a cute outfit like everyone has so that is my new life goal. mrgreen

I am in Bible college now and will be graduating soon, woohoo! I work at my church for one of the pastors and I love being in ministry. I accepted the Lord 5 years ago and have one of those "miraculous" testimonies. I guess I can share more sometime a little later. I guess that's it!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:11 pm
LOL, Rachel, I still can't believe you actually joined this site. I seriously am so amused. But that's beside the point. I feel a little weird saying this (me being so much younger than you, and the fact that you're dating my dad (is that okay for me to say?? confused )) but I hope we can help strengthen you in your walk with Christ. We're all very supportive and all that good stuff, and maybe if we get a subforum for testimonies you could share yours there. My dad's told me some of it, and I'd love to hear more about how you became a Christian. heart  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

redeemed1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:50 am
Funny girl, of course it's ok to say I am dating your dad, although that makes him sound like a geezer. eek
That would be cool to have a subforum with testimonies on it. It can be very encouraging and a great to witness.
I think that no matter what one's age is, we can always strenthgen each other in the Lord. I hope I can encourage other people too, although in two weeks I will be pretty busy because I will be taking 3 classes. domokun  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:49 pm
Don't feel too bad; this is the most active I've been on here in over a month, and I'm the vice captain. sweatdrop  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Thistleluff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:11 pm
Yo!

*waves*

I'm Thistle... and in real life I go by Sharalyn. I'm 19 years old and a Communication major from San Antonio, Texas.

I go to a Church of Christ and my dad's an elder and I serve the worship ministry singing alto, and I also do sound board and power point and stuff a few times a month. ;D heart

I LOVE to chat, so add me to your messengers and hit me up whenever I'm not away. biggrin heart

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:33 pm
hey ya'll. Im 19, i graduated from a christian high school and going to college for a business degree. I try my best to defend good morals online, and i'm glad to know there are others. I'm also a dedicated follower of Christ.  

blue_odessy

khya7890

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:21 am
Hello. I am a new member here at Unashamed. Thank You for accepting me into your guild and have a blessed '06.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:55 am
Welcome to the new members! It's always good to see new faces in the guild.  

immanuelkant

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:05 pm
See new faces? Um, dear, you and I are hardly ever around. sweatdrop But yes, welcome to all the new members, even if the captain and I aren't around much to enjoy your presences. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:49 am
hello! I'm OnoBoei or Ann Lorraine. i was born on friday the 13th in Jan. 1989. I'm a Philippine citizen but am pure-blooded Chinese. i like drawing in anime style and am interested in martial arts like tae kwon do. I would like to do my best to follow the Lord, though sometimes it seems hard; though sometimes doing the wrong thing seems easier crying . Let's all do our best to trust in the Lord always! Nice to meet you mrgreen  

OnoBoei

Cinnamon Zombie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:50 pm
Hello, I'm Shiro, Edward, or Jessica/Jess. I'm 14 years old, 15 on June 2nd. I love to draw, sing, and write poetry. I love anime... but more of stuff that is less popular (I do not like Inuyasha). Life has been a bit hard for me that last 3 years, and I'm really trying to do better. A lot of christians dislike me because I dress...... weird (I have blue hair momentarily and on one side it's shaved as a checkerboard, and I shop at Hot Topic a lot, but, they have some of the cutest dresses there). I'm in the LDS church (Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints), but, I'm not a very strong member in it yet. I dislike people who judge people that they don't know anything about, which is one of my biggest problems in high school. People that know me know that I'm quiet, shy, and for the most part kind. All my life, I've never had more than 3 friends, but lately, I've gotten so many friends that I've never been so happy. All of my friends have problems of some type..... and, I see it as my job to look past the bad in people, and find the good. I've made friends with bullies and people who get picked on often. I try really hard not to make people mad at me, but...... I'm very forgetful, and...... I sometimes say stuff without thinking of a better way to word it and end up hurting people's feelings. That's all I guess.  

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games