Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:23 pm
~X~I~N~G~ ~L~Y~N~X~ ~H~O~U~R~

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Hey guys! I'mma gonna start this fabulous night off with a little information about Hinder, and their all new album, All American Nightmare. First off, even the name of this album makes me think that, "Hey, that's a really gay name that Papa Roach sounds like they'd use. I bet Hinder just turned gay." Well, there's good and bad news. The good news, is that you're totally right if you assumed how I did. The bad news is, they turned gay. They're basically a combination of Nickelback and Def Leppard. (In other words... Utter garbage) I can sum up they're mega-gay by giving you an awful mouthful of advice; Go listen to the self-titled song, "All American Nightmare". That is all.
The progressive death metal act, The Faceless, are coming out with a new album soon. It hasn't gotten a title yet, but if you're interested in helping the band somehow with the album, go on Facebook and like, 'Sumerian Records'. (Their label) And it'll tel lyou how you can help The Faceless with their new album.
Alright. I mentioned I'd do it. So I've come up with it. My top 10 albums of the 90s. (In no particular order)
1. King For A Day Fool For A Lifetime - Faith No More
2. Facelift - Alice In Chains
3. Purple - Stone Temple Pilots
4. Throwing Copper - Live
5. Sweet Oblivion - Screaming Trees
6. Sixteen Stone - Bush
7. Piece Of Cake - Mudhoney
8. The Better Life - 3 Doors Down
9. Repeater - Fugazi
10. Lemon Parade - Tonic

Song of the Day - -

I'm Broken - Pantera
Well, let's hit those 90s in the face with some metal! "I'm Broken" is a great song because it uses some great rythyms that are very unpredictable and beautifully complicated. The isn't really 'catchy', but it's kick a** with every letter in the word involved. And since Dimbag was you know, in Pantera, of course there's a solo. The solo in this song is however pretty tame in the 'shredding' category. It's crazy in the pinch harmonic and wammy bar category though. The solo reminds me a bit of the way Slayer does guitar solos. Very wild and squeelie. It's sick though.

- - - Everyone Else's World

- - Fall Update

Got Emmy's D&D character set up. She's a Shifter Invoker. She rapes undead up the bootyhole that's for sure. Other than that, me and Emmy just had a fun, relaxing day.
Oh, remember that show with A Day To Remember, Bring Me The Horizon, Pierce The Veil, And We Came As Romans I mentioned a while back? I might be going to that. It'll be fun if I do. Except Bring Me The Horizon... They're just horrible.

- - The Rest of the Things I Hate

Well. I hate Bring Me The Horizon.
Oh, me and my buddies are thinking that The Millionaires are worse than Brokencyde. The song, "Alcohol", is the DUMBEST thing I've ever heard.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:16 pm
X i n g L y n x H o u r

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

In album releasing news, The Offspring are gonna be coming out with a new album, and in a podcast they discussed a few things about it. The name for one, they have a few ideas. One being 'Coheisive Dissertation'. Which Is coincidentally the initials for CD. That name would be alright, but it doesn't stick like Smash or Ixnay on The Hombre
Well this is garbage; Revolver Magazine has chosen Nightmare by Avenged Sevenfold to be the album of the year. I'm sorry, but that album isn't at all good in the fashion that it should be. It's got the same identity to me as Black Gives Way To Blue by Alice In Chains. It's a group that's not neccesarily bad with what they're currently doing, but it sounds so weak and published like all it was ever made to do was be on the local rock station. I'm not saying take the Cobain approach and not try to be succesful, but make songs that are actually 'you'. Avenged Sevenfold has had many changes in their career. And I can say, (Arguably) that City Of Evil was their best album ever, and if they had remained that way for the rest of their career I would have blasted j**z all over. And almost everyone I know agrees. I can understand that for their first 2 albums they were changing because like most bands, they were honing their skills, they were building the Avenged Sevenfold sound. well, they got the Avenged Sevenfold sound and ditched it for some super heavy pop-written, chorus based, solo negligent music that to me; sucks a**l beads. So, not to insult the fans who like the new A7X, but just so you all know. What they are now, isn't them.
So, I know my Dad would love to hear this. (I'll explain why momentarily) Kamelot's most recent work, Poetry For the Poisoned, was an album I basically ignored. It's simple why, I don't really give a s**t about power metal. The thing I did find interesting however, was that in the song, "The Zodiac", it features vocals from Savatage's lead singer, Jon Oliva. (My Dad's favorite band is Savatage) It's a cool song, but I find it cool just because I think Jon is a kick a** metal vocalist.
Speaking of vocalists, I have some news on Velvet Revolver and their reformation. So, they've established that Scott Weiland (Previous singer and vocalist of Stone Temple Pilots) will not be returning, although they have no conflicts with him, he's just not going to do Velvet Revolver because his work with STP. VR has begun their vocalist search and said they will be hearing some famous vocalists from other big league bands soon and they'll see who they come up with. They know they want a younger, more powerful singer though. I peeked in on a Wikipedia page and saw that it had been rumored that Myles Kennedy (Vocalist from Alter Bridge) would be singing for Velvet Revolver and that's not true at all. He had considered it, but later turned it down because his work with Alter Bridge was too time consuming to join another group.

Song of the Day - -

Muscle Junkie - Violent Soho
A modern day grunge anthem. The song has major dynamic changes, and major vocal style switches in these dynamic changes. He uses a calm, clean voice for his quiets, while his louds are much higher in register and more of a shout/scream. Also, I must admit, the chorus is probably less catchy than any other part of the song. The chorus could've been stronger, but I don't think it ruins the song at all.

- - Fall Update

First day of school for 2 weeks. Ugh. Worst case of the Mondays my entire life. At least the day went by quickly, it did! It felt like it flew by, even through mother ******** geometry.

I wish we used some of the slang terms from the 1920s today still. Some of them are just hilarious, seriously. Get on your wiggle wee earers, I pardon you all good den. Don't think I'm droppin' the ol' hit-hat on you, I adore you all, but I must put my blacklid on and enter the depths of sleep land.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:51 pm
(X)ING (L)YNX (H)OUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

An intriguing metal ballad I noticed today; (Even though I've had the album on my computer for some time) "White As Snow" by Haste The Day. The song makes a horrible first impression by coming off sounding a little bit like Attack Attack! due to a mild vocoder. Sad, I know. But the song has an amazing chorus with some actual heavy elements in it as well at a bridge that comes in later. One cool thing about the guitar in this song is that it uses these... Delayed, building, muted, 8th notes that give the chorus a dozen or so big pops within in. It's a cool little track on Attack Of The Wolf King. The bands newest album.
Okay. An amazing artist who challenges the lines of folk and orchestra; Takenobu. He is an amazing, I believe Japanese, artist who sings in clear english with a godly clean, gentle voice. I've gotta say, this guy only has one album but Ba-Dayummm! His one album is called, Introduction, which I suppose is very fitting. The album was released in 2007 but it's one astonishing album, I was listening to this guy on Pandora all morning and I was just so impressed with his work. He is a must check out kind of guy.
Okay. I don't know if this was supposed to sound funny but... It does. Mastodon, you know, decently famous metal outfit, has one of their members, Brent Hinds, working on another group. A side project if you will. The group has been described as, rockabilly metal band who sound as if Def Leppard was hanging out with The Ventures with a little apple sauce and surf guitar. I have no keen interest in listening but, what the ******** is this supposed to be? Well, it's called, Fiend Without A Face. If you really wanna hear this oddly described group, be my guest. I'd love to hear some input on them. Hell, I'd even mention your name if you have something to say about it.
"California (Hustle and Flow)" is the new song that has been listed on Social Distortion's new album, Hard Times and Nursery Rhymes The song's a bit bluesy, a bit like how new Alice In Chains sounds with a hint of Aerosmith fashioned guitar. One thing I noticed that bothered me though, is the use of the phrase, 'Ball and Chain'. That's already the title of one of their most succesful songs (Which I hate) and now they use the line again. Trust me for all of our perspectives, we've heard enough 'Ball and Chain'. The song's not bad though. Hopefully not the single though. If it is, it's a bit disappointing for such a 'punk' group.

Song of the Day - -

Shady Grove - Takenobu
The song features some amazing cello work and some fantastic vocals that flow so soothingly. One different thing that you'll hear in this song, is the Renaissance sounding influence, both musically and vocally. It's a cool effect that gives this song that, "Green Sleeves" feel. I think the song is a true masterpiece that blends the fine qualities of vocal flow with captivating cello parts and leads. I really suggest the song if you like soft songs every so often or you're a big fan of orchestra work that's got a bit of zazz to it.

- - Fall Update

Emmy's birthday is tomorrow! We're gonna get pizza and cuddle! As well as go shopping, of course. She's such a cutie and since I know she'll read this shortly after I post, or tomorrow morning, I love you baby. Happy Birthday Emmybear.

Random thought. I haven't mentioned how gay I think Attack Attack! is have I? Well. Anyhoo, if I have or not, let my remind or inform you on my position of them. Crabcore is ******** retarded. If I wanted to watch people acting like a shellfish I would go to the aquarium and watch the 5 year olds.
I'm excited to see how the music world will change this year. And even more excited to see what type of music the next decade will bring up. Regardless of it being good or bad, I'm curious to see what people will be injecting into their ears. Hopefully it's none of this Bring Me The Horizon garbage.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:35 pm
X-I--N---G L-Y--N---X H-O--U---R

- - - With additions from the dolofonos daimonas Drift!

- - - With additions from the EmilyRaynebow Minute!

Music World - - -

Xing's Lists - -

Top 10 Best Albums of the 2000's
1. Hypnogaja - Truth Decay
Truth Decay is to me, the peak of alternative metal's success. If someone can top this record, it's gonna be the next Dark Side of the Moon. The album has a substancially well balanced level of aggresion, to reccesion. As well as amazing balancing in the serious to comical aspects.
2. Enter Shikari - Common Dreads
Enter Shikari didn't have such a unique sound until this album, before, they weren't bad, but they used a more generic sound where their keyboard was used for the casual, synthesized sound. In Common Dreads, their keyboard is one of their most powerful tools and that generic synth, nearly obliterated. What it was replaced with was these new effects I've ever yet to hear on a guitar. And also, the song writing on this album is extraordinary. A good portion of songs use a style of writing where the song still has a chorus, but it's not the high point, in fact, most songs are rather just a build up until it hits these incredibly catchy guitar riffs half way through. Then the song energizes through til' the end. No pop songwriting here.
3. Muse - Black Holes & Revelations
A title that spawned from a line in the hit song, "Starlight". (Which idiots think "Starlight" is actually called Black Holes & Revelations) The album may have been where they lost the sound that I love so much, but the album had amazing flow and balance. Almost every song (Excluding "Hoodoo") really grasps the attention. The album was a true symbol to alternative rock.
4. Dynamite Hack - Superfast
It's truly one of my personal favorite albums of all time and I could live off this record alone. Dynamite Hack may be the stupidest name ever, but those ******** knew how to grab post-grunge and teach it a lesson about being good. Dynamite Hack's, Superfast was their only album ever, but it had an amzing feeling of emotion and flow from heavy's to soft's that made the album a whole piece. It may not have had singles, but the album itself, was gold.
5. Creed - Weathered
Oh my dear lord, for some reason, once Weathered came along, Creed just knew they had to shine. And they did. They made one of the greatest grunge albums ever. They taught Nevermind a lesson and said, "Hey, just because we're grunge doesn't mean we have to be p***y's" And Creed wasn't. They just plainly kicked a**.
6. At The Drive-In - Relationship of Command
This is an album that opened horizons; It got hardcore music more reknown, and it got the country off of post-grunge. At The Drive-In were incredibly original gongwriters and had an amazingly new style of music that they spearheaded. This album was where they added piano into their songs, and that's how it became so good. It was At The Drive-In's third album,, but this one became a glorious record because they found their missing piece to their sound. (Much Like Enter Shikari)
7. Avenged Sevenfold - City of Evil
Okay, so. All I even need to say; This is what metal is. This was the stand alone point, of metal's success in the 2000s.
8. Attila - Rage
Well, if Avenged Sevenfold was the peak of metal, this was the peak of death metal. Some band finally got over how you just had to be as heavy and dark as possible and threw some catchy guitar lines into songs. "Jumanji" and "Rage" being perfect examples of this. Rage wasn't a whole lot different from their previous work, it's just that it had better writing involved.
9. Cold - Year Of The Spider
This an another great example of America getting over grunge. On Cold's first album, their vocals nearly matched those of Kurt Cobains. Year Of The Spider, however, was an excellent blend of heavy's into alternative metal with grunge influences. I suppose the album could just be called, heavy grunge.
10. Switchfoot - The Beautiful Letdown
Alright alright. It's a Christian band, but this album is wonderful. All of it's songs are catchy and they just give a wonderful face to radio. Switchfoot really outdid themselves with this album, and I have to say in their respects, good job Jesusboys.

Special Guest Lists - -

I was asled to give a list of my top ten favorite songs. Since that's not possible, I'll give a top ten of my favorite songs of this moment. So.. here it goes. (This is in no order, by the way.)
EmilyRaynebow's Top 10 Favorite Song's
1. Alice In Chains - I Stay Away
Ahh.. nostalgia. This song has been playing in the radio through my house ever since my mother was pregnant with me 16 years ago. I would put the wole Jar Of Flies album on here, but that would take up pointless room.
2. Tom Waits - What's He Building?
This song is so creepy.. It really captures the reasons why I love Tom. His lyrics/stories are enchanting and very creepy.
3. A Day To Remember - It's Complicated
This song has been stuck in my head for the past few days. They are a wonderful band, and I've seen them live 3 times. They will never get old. What Seperates Me From You (ADTR's newest album) should be on everyones music playing device thingey.
4. Pierce The Veil - Sky Under The Sea
My favorite off of Selfish Machines. This song, at least to me, really captures all of Pierce The Veil. It is them, and when they play this live.. the place literally blows up.
5. Enter Shikari - Destabilise
Jizzjizzjizzjizz. This song, for about three days, was all I would listen to. You might think "Oh, that would get annoying.." No. It doesn't. Listen to it, you will understand.
6. Semi Precious Weapons - Semi Precious Weapons
Okay, they are not usually what I listen to. They're like if Billy Talent and Mindless Self Indulgence had gay sex and produced an a** baby, it would be SPW. I saw them with Lady Gaga this summer. (Shut the ******** up.) They won my heart. I would love to see them again.
7. Cake - Where Would I Be?
I LOVE this song. The perfect song to listen to when you're not in the happiest mood. Just one of those songs that put you in a daze.. like you're floating..
8. My Chemical Romance - Destroya
Danger Days: The True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys is my favorite album, not because of the songs, but I think the band found themselves with this album and they're going out with a bang. I've loved them for 8 years and this is better than I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love in my opinion. Not for the music, but for their attitude.
9. Gogol Bordello - Pala Tute
Gogol Bordello was introduced to me a few months ago by a good friend of mine, and I've loved them since. They call themselves "Immigrant Punk" or "Gypsy Punk". A band made of mostly people from Ukraine, it truly fits. Listen to them, anyone could love Gogol Bordello.
10. Four Year Strong - Bada Bing! Wit' A Pipe!
They're like if A Day To Remember snorted a little bit of coke. I love them though, which is why I've seen them twice. They call themselves "beardcore". They do have epic beards. And, apparently 3/5 members are gingers. Impressive, since apparently gingers don't have souls.

So this was my list. It took about about an hour and a half. Please don't ask for this again. It was extremly difficult.

dolofonos daimonas's Top 10 Favorite Songs
1. The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Mr. Moran
The story of Salvatore Gravano AKA Sammy the Bull.
2. Fort. Minor - Kneji
Mike "Kenji" Shinoda retells the story of his grandfather, an immigrant from Japan who was held in Manzanar during WWII.
3. Globus - Europa
A history of Europe's bloodshed. This 180 piece band has formed their own genre by fusing cinematic and dramatic musics with classic rock and pop sounds.
4. Psychostick - Two Ton Paperweight
The lead singer of this odd comedy-rock group rants about his piece of s**t car.
5. Fort. Minor - Where'd You Go?
Just listen to it and you should understand why I like it so much.
6. Less Than Jake - History of a Boring Town
Trapped in a dead end town for years even though you thought you'd be the first one out of there. I bet a lot of people can relate.
7. Less Than Jake - Does the Lion City Still Roar
Another ska-core tune that leans a little closer to punk.
8. MC Lars - Signing Emo
MC Lars proves that the rap game can be played by anyone, even nerdy white boys.
9. "Yakkity Sax"
You just can't get it out of your head once you've heard it.
10. Dave Matthews Band - What Would You Say?
You've probably heard it, so do I need to explain myself?

- - Fall Update

Well, I apologize for this being a little late from what I said, but I also didn't put nearly as many lsits as I had planned as you most likely noticed. It's because I got Em and dolofonos to help out and give me their lists. I also just didn't have room for 5 lists that big. (My original plan was to not have descriptions though)
Well anyway, it's Emmy's birthday party today! We're gonna play D&D but more exciting; go to Bullwinkles (Arcade) and play lasertag; Gears Of War style!

I wont post an article tonight, but I should be able to the next day. Also, if you were looking forward to the song of the day and never got one... Here's one. Just listen. The Song of The Day. I apologize for the dumb video though. Good song however.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:14 pm
x i n g l y n x h o u r

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

The Reckless and Relentless tour is launching off with a strange, and not so great line-up. This tour consists of headliners, Asking Alexandria. Which, I'll just say, GAY. Sorry that may sound a bit immature and crude but, I really think this combination of metal and party tunes is a stain on music. Really. Well, anyway, next on the line up is Emmure. I don't know a lot about Emmure, but I recall them being a bit more metal than Asking Alexandria, but still pretty unenjoyable. So with the information so far, this tours pretty awful huh? Well, yeah, pretty much. But next up is where a good band pokes their heads in! Chiodos! Sure they have their new singer who's just not as good as the old but hey, they'll play some older songs and he'll probably make for one great show. Next is the continuation of awesome; metal group, Miss May I. I'm not a big fan myself but for my friends who like that kinda of stuff I hear a lot of positive feedback about them. Now, the odd group on the list, Evergreen Terrace. If you don't know them, they're basically hardcore punk. Or if you want a comparison, hardcore Rise Against. Evergreen Terrace may be one of the better bands on the bill but, what? Why them on this tour? They're probably like, "Wow, I can't believe we have to tour with these douchecore faggots," Haha, well anyway. There's one more bands on the bill and I've never even heard of them. Lower Than Atlantis, if I knew anything about them I'd tell you. But I just don't know. Sorry guys.
Oh! Rise Against had an interview about their upcoming album. They said it's heavly inspired by apocolyptic themes. The cool thing about what they're doing though is that these apocolyptic themes aren't about the end of the world and all humanity will die. It's about the 'endgame'; The end of the world we know. Because perhaps, the transition to the new world will be a world we'd all rather have. One of the new songs (Of a dozen or so) that are ready, titled "Help Is on the Way", is about hurricane Katrina, but not about the thunderous storm itself, it's about the destruction that's still there. It'll be a good album I'm sure. Looking forward to it.
Haha. EVE 6, the semi-popular post-grunge group has welcomed in the new year by promising the fans a new album this year. But they also said that if they don't come out with a new album this year, we can hit them with those whack-a-mole bopper things. Kind of a weird, but if I happen to see them in 2012 and there's no new album, I'mma bop me a 90s kid.
R.E.M. has got a new lyric video for one of the new songs from Collapse Into Now. "Oh My Heart", is the newly available song you should be able to find on youtube. Go look it up if you care to hear it.

Song of the Day - -

Sympathetic - Seether
It was adviced I gave it a listen by a friend today at the D&D table and woo. Glad I gave it a careful listen. It's got an amazing chorus that has such raw emotion put into it. The song is off of their debut album, Disclaimer, and it cuts close to being my favorite song on that album. It's close because "Broken" is also a great song. One thing I have to say also, Seether may be coming up in my favorite artists after my listen to this. It's songs like this that make me feel like music still has a hope. It can't as lnog as songs like this are still around.

- - Fall Update

Had a good time with D&D today with my best buddy, Emmy, and Emmy's friend. We only got through one chaper but it was still good that Emmy's friend got a bit of a hang of it.
I gotta call the guy who's in charge of this men's occepella group tomorrow so I can talk to him about being in it. I apperently missed a meeting that I'd heard nothing of. Would've gone if I knew about it. ******** style="color: green">- - The Rest of the Things I Hate

I wanna get a band going so ******** bad. After listening to "Sympathetic" just a little bit ago... Man... It got to me. Right after it I listened to a Staind song called, "The Corner", which was also substancial. Songs like that make me melt inside and I don't wanna do anything else with my life than cause those moments in the hearts of people I love and in the hearts of people who'll give an artist a chance. I just wish all musicians aimed to make that kind of feeling. Sadly, I can only name a handful.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:45 pm
XING lynx hour

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Hey guys. I've been listening to Alice In Chains a lot lately, I always have, but now more than ever. I wanted to talk to you guys about the song, "Love, Hate, Love". Why? Because it's very under-rated and under appreciated. The song was featured on Facelift (Which itself was a big underappreciated) but it does fit more the sound of Dirt. The weird thing about the songs under appreaciation that bothers me so much is that if it were on any of their other albums, I know it would've gained popularity. I guess n other words, I'm telling you guys this; Dirt's a great album, yeah, but so is Facelift. Give it a chance.
Skin and Bones (Live), it's the album Foo Fighters released to show everyone they could perform live. And well. But it actually turned out to be an album all it's own. It's got it's very own sound, which consists of a very orchestrated, ambient, and powerful sound. Almost every song on the album goes from a normal rock anthem, to a powerful boom of passionate rock. "My Hero" is performed on the album with, for one, no drum intro. It opens with an acoustic guitar instead. Just to explain how different the song is on Skin And Bones (Live), I'll just say, before the chorus comes in with it's first boom, there's a jazz piano solo. Yeah. ******** amazing. If you love the ol' Foo's then this isn't an album to ignore really.
"Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)" is the newest song from Shinedown and let me just say. It's ******** retarded. I wasn't sure if Sound of Madness was just a bad album but now i've learned that they just suck butthole now. This song is the pinnacle of cheesy. That gay little, 'Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom', is basically a repeating line throughout every chorus. Yeah. Faggots much? I think yes. However, if you much hear for yourself they just made a video for it and it's on their homepage at their official website. Have fun, queers.
So, this is interesting but kinda lame; Bayside has teamed up with Nike to make a one-of-a-kind jacket. Well ,why design a jacket so it could only be made once? Anyway, I also don't know what they're doing with this jacket. Is their frontman, Anthony Raneri, getting the jacket? Are they auctioning it off for charity? Raffle? I just don't know. Whatever they're doing with it I hope it's not douchey though.

Song of the Day - -

Follow You Down - Gin Blossoms
"Follow You Down" is one fantastic post-grunge/country song that was born to be a radio star. The song has an unimaginably catchy chorus that shows off it's country roots while having many transitory parts that build up the into bigger and bigger chorus's each time. It's just plainly a good calm song. I do however don't recommend this song if you're a big metal head or a real grunger who hates it when your punky grungy stuff starts turnin' into them pops musics.

- - Fall Update

I'm really hoping we get a snow day this week. All over the news they're saying we're supposed to get snow. But what's dumb is how every station has to have a different ammount. One station may say, 2 inches, the next'll say 6 inches. How do you come to that different of conclusions? Weather fail? Also, they all changed their minds down to like 1 inch after today because it was actually hella sunny. Still below freezing, but the sun showed up. Most of us forgot what it was.

I had a lot of options for the song of the day. I chose "Follow You Down" because I knew It wouldn't top the others I have in store for you guys. Just wait until tomorrow's song of the day.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:11 pm
xing LYNX hour

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

I'd like to acknowledge a rather odd song for my usual taste; "Run-Around" by Blues Traveller. It's got the same post-grungy country sound that Gin Blossoms do but... To the extreme. And add some raggae in there. It's not the greatest song ever, but it is different. Give it a listen if you can stand that kind of 90s radio stuff.
Alright. While speaking of those 90s radio bands; I'm gonna mention Spoon for just a minute. I guess I didn't realize how big they were, OR, this is ******** ridiculously pointless, you tell me. So, while looking over some merchandise for various artists, I run across Spoon and thoguht, "Oh, I just added them onto my music interests on Facebook. I'll look at their merch," okay. Now I look and guess what I see? A mother ******** candle. It's got it's own little jar, case, glass thing and everything. It's also apperently a prayer candle. Is Spoon religious? If so, I also didn't know. I need to start reading up on my Spoon I guess.
Haha. It's starting to look like tonight is 'link this to this night'. Because I guess I've learned something about a band, just not the one I was saying I needed to learn more about. Three Days Grace is Canadian. Haha, what? I never knew that. It's not often that we get an alt. metal group out of Canada. They're usually US born of sometimes we get em' from some of the Dutch countries. (Primarily Finland)
You know what I was thinking about today? When the All-American Rejects were really good. Ever since that album, When The World Comes Down, they've just seemed so gay to me. Only song I liked from that album even was "Mona Lisa". Just sayin', but ugh... AAR suck nutsack now. In my semi-proffesional opinion.

Song of the Day - -

Retarded - The Afghan Whigs
So, a couple of misleading things about this song. It's not actually retarded, that's just the name of the song. It's also in no way, shape, or form a terrorist group. This song is a grunge/punk piece with definate influences from Dinosaur Jr. and Screaming Trees. Although they began in the same era as Screaming Trees, they got even less attention than them. (Sad) Well anyway, this song is just great and it has a very raw sense of anger in it. The anger emmited in this song is somewhat like frustration anger, put out in a way of saying, "What now b***h?". The song's got a decent sense of pop writing to it so if you don't wanna end up listening to one of those rebellious groups who refuse to make interesting songs then no worries. This song is attention grabbing and has all sorts of melody to it.

- - Fall Update

I want snow. C'mon Oregon, share your loving white goodness with your land!

Most of you probably interpretted that very incorrectly. Shame on you all.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:28 pm
xing lynx HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

I've been gradually getting more and more into Corrosion Of Conformity recently, although I've known of them forever. For those who don't know, they're an older metal group who has some stoner rock influences. I've known of their big song, "Albatross", for quite some time but I've recently begun to like the song, "World Of Fire". It's just an all around good song.
You wanna know an odd song? "Girl Named Sandoz" by Smashing Pumpkins. This song wasn't ever included on an actual album but it was featured on their compilation of unreleased tracks and cover songs, Pisces Iscariot. The song is... About a girl named Sondoz that showed him things. Many many things. Good things. Very good things. Sweet things. The song however is just odd and attention grabbing. The song is very strange to listen to because eventually he just starts saying "Sandoz" in a kind of creepy womanly voice. It's a good song though. Just listen.
You know what I realized? 30 Seconds To Mars is basically turning into Radiohead. They do all this political conpiracy stuff now and I'm like... Hmmm. I miss when they were the emo kids screaming at themselves and used black, white, and red color schemes on everything. Odd for me to say that but it's true.
I was looking through bands on Facebook and i was reading some of Poets Of The Fall's stuff. Nothing spectacular, but I noticed they called themselves [genre] cinematic rock. Not that I think this term is a bad title, but I'd never heard the term before. I find it interesting. I can think of a few other bands I see this term fitting to. Hypnogaja being one of them. That is all.

Song of the Day - -

On My Way To The Cage - Rollins Band
The song combines stoner rock elements in the bass and guitar categories while the drums sound very grungy. The cool thing about this song as well is that it uses the swaggery lo-fi sound that Beck uses in the songs quiets and has the sneering edge that Toadies provide in the loud points. This song is a great tune that I will say, sounds like it shoul be in an intense wrestling movie. Go listen if you like... Anything with alternative sound with metal influences.

- - Fall Update

Sorry it's been a while guys. Been busy and then on friday night I went to a friends house with Emmy. We were going to play D&D but my buddy was sick and being a little ****** about making his character. However, I know that they're both going to be melee fighters who are goliath's. Em's a fighter and my bro's gonna be a barabarian. What a classic duo of one talent, brutality.

Niggers. I hate niggers.
Also, If no one noticed until this. You're derps. I made the last three articles (Including this one) have headers that went together. This may be a theme that saves my dilemma I run into of not knowing what to do with the headers. There's only so many things I can do with it! And one day. It'll be the normal header and you'll all know, "He ran out of ideas."

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:57 am
| | | XingLynxHour | | |

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Great news! Foo Fighters released a snippet of one of their new songs. It doesn't say which one, but it is sounding great! The only line said in the 30 second clip is, "These are my famous last words". Which is kind of funny to hear right when it's over. Haha, they put up a convinient link on Facebook if you wanna listen to it.
Dia De Los Toadies; it's the event that Toadies hold annually as their big show. But that's not important, the important thing is that it's on my birthday! Well kind of. It goes from August 26th through the 28th. My Birthday is the 27th. So, pretty neat, eh?
I ran into a post Counting Crows made and I was like, "Huh". They posted their song of the day, and all I could think of was, "I do that!". The song they posted was "Ain't That Enough" by Teenage Fanclub. It's an alright song actually, it's got a breezy country feeling to it, kinda like Counting Crows actually. That's saying something about how C Crows think of themselves.
You know who's guitar playing I love? Tom Morello. He did work with Rage Against The Machine and Audioslave mostly for you guys who didn't know. He does some cooler guitar work in Rage because the only time he really gets to use his wacky distortion in Audioslave is in the solos. Which don't get me wrong, his solos sound good in both bands, (Excluding the Rage song, "Renegades Of Funk") I just think his crazy effects are more outstanding in comparison to a rather calm, melodic band.
Rise Against has announced that their new album, Endgame, will be officially released on March 15th, this year. I'm excited personally because I think Rise Against did a great job with their last album (Appeal To Reason) and will continue to great work with this new record.
I heard a cool demo track of Mudvayne's. "Fall Into Sleep (Demo)" is a dandy little track I ran into on Pandora. The song is good but I really liked the name of the album. By The People, For The People. Strong title in my opinion.

Song of the Day - -

Dollar Bill - Screaming Trees
It's a mostly acoustic track that's just beautiful. Well, of course it is. Mark Lanegan's got a godly voice plus it's on their masterpiece album, Sweet Oblivion. This song is a powerhouse of emotion that can switch from acoustic bliss to electric swagger in a split second and this gives the song it's incredible dynamics. The chorus's are fast and loud, the verses are slow, soft, and beautiful. This is one of those songs that are relaxing but emotion building at the same time. The last chorus of the song uses the solo during chorus technique and it works really well, although when it gets halfway through the chorus, the solo dissapates and the normal guitar part comes in, giving it an also powerful feel. One of the best things of the song (I think) is it's ending. It goes back to the acoustic tone and says one more line. "Torn like an old dollar bill". It's a wonderful song and I suggest it to absolutely everyone unless you're on of those faggots who don't like soft songs under any condition.

- - Fall Update

I'mma go down to the local nerd center and meet up with Em and one of our other D&D members so they can construct their characters. Our other player's gonna be a Dwarf Paladin he knows. Em started her character last night but needs to choose her abilities, she's a human bard with a ridiculous ammount of high skills. Every one of her skills has at least a 3 in it. Damn.
Happy Mrtin Luther King Jr. Day. Sorry I didn't care in the slightest.

Making characters in D&D takes so ******** long. God damn.
Oh yeah. Have I forgotten to mention I finally got Heavier Than Heaven. I'm almsot done with it and I've been reading it for about a month now. I've only sat and read it about 5 times though. Usually for about 2 hours at a time though. Haha. Crazy for me to be reading. Well the book's really ******** good and a little messed up, but hey, it's Kurts life. It's supposed to be ******** creepy and disturbing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:03 pm
XXX ing LLL ynx HHH our

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Guess who's album came out yesterday? Social Distortion's, Hard Times and Nursery Rhymes. The album isn't much different from their previous work really, but the influence of the blues are a little more noticable in this album than their other stuff. It's not bad at all though, it makes me think of Mudhoney a little bit but more like if Mudhoney was actual punk rock. The main single so far has been, "Machine Gun Blues", which isn't bad. But I prefer other tracks like, "Road Zombie" and "Alone and Forsaken". "Road Zombie" is a very metal influenced punk song which the intro track. "Alone and Forsaken" is middlish in the album and it's totally a cowboy showdown song. That's probably my favorite from the album. This is a good album guys, check it out.
Coincidentally, Pearl Jam also released an album the same day. Except Earl Am released an album that was a big ol' live performance. (Like they needed another live record?) Their newest one is called Live On Ten Legs. Strangely, this album features mostly songs from the enw album and some from the past few records. (Which were universally ignored basically) Only a couple track from Ten even appear on the album. However, I was happy to see that the performance ended with my personal favorite PJ song, "Yellow Ledbetter". So, not to be a d**k, but, it's not really a big deal if you listen to it or not. It's good for the big PJ fans, but otherwise. You don't really need to care.
Okay. So, I've known about this band for a while and I may or may not have referred to them; The Jesus Lizard. They're a 90s grunge/punk group that's very... Interesting, to say the least. I decided to mention this after hearing the song, "Glamorous" today. It's... Really ******** weird. However, I have some random good news about them; If you do like them, and don't wanna deal with shitty quality; You can get remastered albums from them on iTunes. Including their incredibly popular album, Goat.

Song of the Day - -

Hair Of The Dog - Senses Fail
One of the best screamo bands ever! This song is a true prowess of their skill as artists; It shows their ability to be melodic and heavy at the same time, which for some reason, a lot of artists fail at. The chorus of this song is definately it's selling point. It's powerful and it has amazing chord progression in it which is backed well with a strong drum beat. The ending part of the chorus is the coolest sounding progression I've heard used in screamo literally, ever. The song has some cool echoing guitar parts during the verses as well as quiet vocals that blend really well. This is a good song but even if you're not into this kind of stuff you might like this song. Give it a shot, I really do think anyone could enjoy this song.

- - Fall Update

I might be having band practice on Friday, neat! Just with my guitar player though. Our bassist is being a b***h.
Speaking of practice, the men's vocal group I've joined is starting up. Practices are gonna be Wednesday's and Saturday's and hopefully it picks up well.
I had Panda Express with my baby today! Yummy! Thank you Emmy for going with me!

I don't wanna have rehearsal every saturday... Poop!

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:25 pm
XING LYNX HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Hey guys. I'll start with some mildly good news. Or at least potencially good news. I've heard rumors of a new Local H album this year and I've heard something about it being the 25th or 26th of this month, but I find that part hard to believe. Because I can't find anywhere that the band has actually stated this. If an album does come out, sweet deal though. I've been waiting for more music from them and it has been a few years so they should just... You know, do it.
So remember how I said I was getting into Corrosion Of Conformity a little bit? Well, I downloaded their album, Deliverance, and I kinda thought it blew. I was suprised and disappointed. However, I haven't given up on them! I still need to look into other albums of theirs before I change my mind about them.
Randomly speaking, the cover of Tantric's album, After We Go, mildly reminds me of the cover of Deliverance because the text style and color scheme. It also makes me think of it because both of those albums ind of suck. Except Tantric's is even worse. By a lot.
I told you guys about that alt metal band, Ionia, and how they have that amazing song called "The Storm", but the only problem is that you can't find any of their other music, right? Well, another band in the same mother ******** situation except you can find their music, it's just not as good as this one song. "Like The Sun" by I Mother Earth. This one song is really great but it's just that the rest of their music is garbage in comparison. Oh well!
It bothers me when bands have compliation albums that only consist of the product of two albums put together just so you don't have to get both albums and if you did you look like a t**t. Doing things like this are just a waste for the original albums. The album that sparked my attention of this was This Station Is Non-Operational by At The Drive-In. This album was just a combination of Acrobatic Tenement and In/Casino/Out , but released in 2005 as a way to market them after their break-up. (Much like what is still being done with Nirvana) A better solution to remarketting a band after their end (In my opinion) would to just remaster old albums and re-release them. Serious fans would end up buying more albums, mild fans (Like myself) would want that instead of older quality ones, and minor fans wouldn't have noticed the album before re-release. It's gonna get more money and be less pointless.

Song of the Day - -

Look What You've Done - Jet
Normally, I say Jet sucks. But this ballad is a masterpiece. It's basically just piano, drums, and vocals. The song is kind of repetitive but it's still a great song. I recommend this to pretty much anyone unless you can't stand young sounding vocalists. Because I wont lie, he does sound like a 10 year old.

- - Winter Update

I have decided that I will not continue my work with the men's ensemble. It's too time consuming and honestly not worth my time. I'll still do choir obviously, just not that group.
Trying to get my friend to come over so Emmy can stay the sight and so we can get him to play D&D. But he's being a sugar coated b***h. By sugar coated I mean f*****t.
I changed my hair to light brown if no one noticed... I decided I wanted to be able to wear purple pants again. That was the primary reason behind this change.

I wanna play D&D tonight but my friends a stupid ******! Next time I see him, I'm gonna punch him in the jaw.
I finally remembered to change the 'Fall Update' to 'Winter Update' thanks to Emmy. She's spying on the production of this article and is probably reading thsi right as we... Type?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:37 pm
XING LYNX HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Remember how the other day I was complaining about the whole 'combining albums and releasing them later' thing? Well, I think I figured out the one that pisses me off the most; Telephantasm. They're acting like this was supposed to be a real album. It's got ONE new song. (Which I personally don't like but hey, whatever) If they come out with an actual album sometime in the near future, I'll quit saying Chris Cornell is a sell-out mega f*****t. Soundgarden 'was' a good band, but now they just need money. Ugh.
Staind's first album, Tormented, used to be VERY difficult to come across. Only 4000 copies were ever printed of it. Today, it's still rare to come by, but you can purchase it by download on their website now. You've been able to for awhile, but I remember being very curious why it was never available on iTunes. Because god damn, I want that album.
I was listening to Pandora and using my brutal metal station (Spelled 'bRoOtAl MeTaLs') and this one Veil Of Maya song came up. So, I don't particularily care for them, but this song came up and I was like, "Oh, okay, whatever," It's not like I skipped it or anything. You know, until this break beat came up. HOLY s**t. It was so dumb. It was just so off-beat, as if they tried to make it sound as dumb as possible. I wish I remembered which song it was so I could refer you guys to it, but if anyone migh know which song I'm talking about, inform me so I can mention it in the future.

Song of the Day - -

Like The Angel - Rise Against
This amazing track enters with a catchy bass lead that basically comes in, plays, and ends. Then the actual song starts, entering with a very punk influenced verse, but real quickly the amazing chorus jumps in! The chorus of this song is really blood pumping and it transitions so well in and out of verses. It's also got something kinda crazy in it; a guitar solo! By Rise Against? Yeah! And it's pretty sweet actually. When the song concludes it dives back into that bass lead from the beginning, it basically just softly ends the song a nice pretty little way. The only thing I don't like about this song is that it's only 2 minutes and 50 seconds long.

- - Winter Update

Played lots of Fallout: New Vegas this weekend. Playing as the funniest character ever, Dan Francis. He's basically my Republican drunk who just got Cass as a comrad and now all of his whiskey drinking has a point! He get's charisma, and strength without any disadvantages! Somehow???

I am so not happy that I have to sing at the Blazer game tomorrow night. I don't wanna have to sit through a gay basketball game! It's the one sport I just can't stand! Ugh.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:45 pm
X i n g L y n x H o u r

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Okay. Out of all bands merch I've ever seen; I enjoyed my Foo Fighters shirt, I'd love to get a Muse shirt, and I'd love an Alice In Chains Hoodie: But today I saw the merch to top all! One of the thick rubber wrist bands, but wait! There's more! It was in the theme of Weezer's extraordinary album, Pinkerton! It ways Weezer and Pinkerton on it and it's... It's just beautiful! I want it so bad!
Well, it's happenening. The biggest heavy metal tour to ever happen. Sadly, it wasn't 20 years ago. It's the big 4 guys! Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax! They're touring for their first time together in the USA and it'll probably be the only time they do it. EVER. So if you love these bands and wanna see them all before one of them dies, nows the chance!
Oh lordy... Well, Aquabats new album is out. It's got a dumb name but well, expect that from this kind of "ska-core" type of band. It's called Hi-Five Soup! I haven't given a listen but when I do I'll tell y'all about it. I can't imagine it's going to be disappointing to anyone who could endure them in the first place.
Hmm. Fun odd fact of the day: Wolfmother is particapating in a bluesfest event. Now, don't get me wrong; they're a good band! But, bluesfest? They aren't blues in the slightest really. I mean they obviously have some blues influence but... It's not like, you know, blues. It's like, modern day rock. So yeah, what the flying cadaver?
You know what's always funny? Why are the angrier bands (Like Rise Against and other political punk groups) always the nicest when it comes to charity? I just say this because Parkway Drive had just donated 2000 dollars to the Queensland floods victims from a portion of their merch sales; which I know, for a rock band doesn't sound like a ton, but think about it this way, they're not that big really, they still play in club venues. I guess Aussie metalheads are pretty gosh darn concerned about them waters attackin'!

Song of the Day - -

Pressure The Hinges - Haste The Day
This is a modern day metal tune that has heavy metal influences during the verses with riffs that relate to Disturbed-like riffs from their album, Land Of Confusion. The chorus however is more like an Atreyu double-vocal onslaught. It's a pretty cool song with lots going on. If you're into metal, at all. Give this song a hear.

- - Winter Update

I totally fixed my drum kit up as well as my entire garage! It's so pretty now! And the kit's sounding so nice. Got it a new bass drum head (Kind of, it's an old one that was in great condition) because the last one had broken. I rearranged the whole kit too, well, slightly adjusted. But the main thing I was working on was getting my bass pedals to give me a very bolty sound with comfortable kicks, because I don't like to have my mallets too close to my drum because then I don't feel like I get a good pop.
I was a sweetie to Emmy today. She had a field trip today but we have our last class together, right? Well, when she came back I suprised her with a Starbucks vanilla mocha. I though it'd be nice...

Ooh... This one girl at my school (Not voldemort) has been getting on my nerves lately. I wonder if she realizes she's a retarded, loud, obnoxious b***h. Excuse the vulgarity, but she's a serious c**t!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:33 pm
X I N G L Y N X H O U R

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

So, this is neat; the Avalanche Tour will be going through March 24th through May 8th and guess who the Line-up is? Headlining is Stone Sour, and next in line is Theory Of A Deadman. Both pretty killer bands. But sadly, Skillet will be there to ruin all the good. The openers are Halestorm and Art Of Dying. I've next heard of Art Of Dying, but Halestorm's not half bad. So, in my opinion, this line up's in total not too bad. My favorite in the line up is still Stone Sour, because I ******** love Corey Taylor's singing voice.
Well, all you heavy metal junkies out there are gonna love this! No concrete details are out, but Judas Priest is writing while they're touring a few shows in Europe. They said it's going great and I'm excited to see what comes out of it.
Hey! You Stone Temple Pilots fans are in some (Perhaps) luck! STP just announced that they're gonna add, just a few, but hey it's something; US dates to their tour. If you wanna see them see if one of these dates is anywhere near you.
Guess what's pretty brutal? Attila! And they've got a new website set up! Attila's main vocalist, Chris Fronzak, released a video where he talked about a little bit of what they're up to. He mentioned their new tour, The Young And Restless Tour, and he also talked about a little bit of what they wanna do for their new album. So in other words... Attila's gettin' in gear!
Finnish rock band, Poets Of The Fall, have set up a new digistore where you can purchase any of their songs or albums in either higher or lower quality. (For money of course) The cool thing is that it's not like iTunes where you just get them in iTunes and it's not like ordering the album because you don't get a physical album, but it's kind of different because you get the MP3 file and therefor you can do whatever you want with it. This whole set up is really cool as long as they don't go as far as Alter Bridge did and only release things digitally.
More good grunge news! Bush's recording is gonna be done this month for sure. They said it'd be done by the end of the week, but eh... You never know when you're dealing with rock bands. I'm hoping their new album comes out and kicks the a** off of all their old stuff because honestly, I want more Bush songs that I actually wanna listen to. Golden State and The Science Of Things kinda blew in my opinion so I'm looking for a record I can really enjoy, from start to finish.

Song of the Day - -

Shame In You - Alice In Chains
One of Alice In Chains' rare ballads and I gotta say, it's great. The song, for a good portion of it, has some pretty clean guitar parts which are stacked with some grungy, snare based, drum beats. There isn't really a point of this song that isn't filled with melody, especially the chorus. Normally Alice In Chains isn't particularly catchy, but in this song they sure as ******** are. The song is also filled with all these 'mini-guitar solos' after chorus's. They give the song this stop-start feeling and provide the song with a section of heavy, stagnant instruments. Great song. I recommend it to all!

- - Winter Update

Pretty good day! I'm still ultamately looking forward to the weekend over all else though. I have some plans for band practice Saturday and some other plans on Sunday for sushi with a buddy. Should be fun.
Oh yeah, so like, last weekend; I applied for a job as a cart boy at Fred Meyer. (Grocery store in the Northwest) I hope I get it! I need some ******** money...

Ugh... My hair's been feeling like it's got just a little bit of chlorine in it and it's annoying. It's been going on for like a week and I have no idea why! Maybe it's because I used my friends shampoo when I was at his house, but that's weird because he has like, the same shampoo as me.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm
=X= =L= =H=

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Hey guys! Tonight I'd like to acknowledge the song, "Round Here" by Counting Crows. Because normally, I wouldn't care about this song at all really. But I noticed today that the song has a whole section where it goes funky! It's got a raggaeish guitar part that's got a ton of wah on it. It also kinda sounds like a porn groove. So in other words, it's neat. Listen to it when you have the oppertunity.
Rap metal group, Saliva, is gonna have a new single out on February 1st. It's called "Nothing" and I'm curious to hear it myself. Also, I think that Saliva is gonna make a big deal out of this because they changed their Facebook picture to the cover of the sleeve for the single. (Which is just a girl's mouth) Hopefully making a big deal out of it wont be annoying. And let's hope the song is good!
In case anyone cares... Tantric is writing again. Honestly, I don't know how well that'll go. Because as far as I've really noticed, they only have a handful of good songs. And that's why no one knows them and everyone liked Days Of A New.
For all you Rock Band'ers out there, I have some cool news! Haste The Day's song, "Dog Like Vultures" was put on the online store for Xbox 360 and it'd be neat if you got it. If you don't know HTD, then just know they're metalish. If you want something that's probably gonna be hard, consider this maybe? They don't do a whole lot of guitar solos though, so you're out of luck there guitartards.
Old school indie time! Dinosaur Jr. was having an interview a little while back and J Mascis was talking about the new record. He said that they wanna do their tour and all that but they will write on the road at least a little bit. Once the tour is over they'll head back on into the studio and cut a new record so all of us can enjoy their amazingness once again.

Song of the Day - -

Inside Out - Eve 6
This is one of those post-grunge songs that has obvious funk infuences, like Red Hot Chili Peppers. But this song, in my honest opinion is better than RHCP. This song has very interesting lyrics that I think are actually really good. (Very unlike RHCP) Some of the lines are:
"I would swallow my pride,
I would choke on the rinds,
but the lack there of would leave me empty inside.
I would swallow my doubt,
turn it inside out,
find nothing but faith in nothing.
Want to put my tender heart in a blender,
watch it spin 'round into a beautiful oblivion.
Rendezvous, then I'm through with you"
One of the other things I love about this song is that it's not completely vocal based, although a heavy importance lies there. The song has interesting drums, a very crunchy guitar, and sadly... Ignored bass. Unless you're strictly a metalhead, this song will most likely please the gullet in your ears.

- - Winter Update

I think I'm finally running out of things to do in Fallout: New Vegas. Kind of. I might have more to do at my friends house since my hilarious republican character, Dan Francis, is at his house. Oh yeah, I did also make a new character today who's got a big hilarious beard and he's a hardcore survivalist. Literally. He's totally a beardcore guy, he's an old ginger guy with a massive beard. Doesn't that just scream Four Year Strong? Haha, beardcore survivalist.
I don't think I've ever wanted to skip class more than I did today for geometry. Not because It would be bad, I was just exhausted and not looking forward to sitting there bored. I did go however and it ended up not being so bad, we just played a stupid review game. (Because finals are coming up) In a way, I'm glad I went.
Ever wondered what I'm up to? Well regardless if you have, or care, I'm telling you. Tonight, I'm hangin' with my Emmybear and we're planning to watch Princess Bride later tonight. We love that movie! Tomorrow I'm gonna try and have some bands practice with my guitar player. (Known as Sperickson) It's a joke name. Then Sunday, hopefully sushi and D&D discussion. We gotta figure out what day we're playing.

I don't get why people hate finals so much. I love them. They mean I don't have to work on that report card anymore, it's done with. Sadly though, a new one's just gonna pop in to ruin everything.

**BOOKS~POEMS~WRITINGS~CENTRAL**

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff