Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Munky's Journey in Progress (Still at it...) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:55 am
End of Week Two

My eating habits took a bit of a nosedive this past week. I was consistently on point, but I was eating junk instead of more nutritious things and was falling back into my old habits of small breakfasts and lunches and then having to eat a big dinner and dessert to use up my points before bed. That's not what the plan is about!

I think the key to everything is just going to be having a decent breakfast. If I can eat a good breakfast then it usually wakes up my appetite and my stomach will tell me when it's time for lunch or a snack instead of just having to watch the clock.

I'm down to 148.8 as of this morning. Not quite a pound, but close enough that I'm not bothered. I'll get more fruit into myself this week and really get on board with a walking plan or something and we'll just see what happens next week. I still really, really like this plan. It seems easier than the old Flex points, I guess because meat isn't such a big point investment for. Definitely a happy camper.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:53 pm
I keep trying to get back on the wagon with you but I'm failing so hard. I'm just bored with the tracking points and/or calories sweatdrop  

pigeonsoup

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:41 pm
I hear ya on that one. Unfortunately for me, I have to either track what's going in my mouth or I have to make certain foods off limits. If we had a bigger grocery budget, I might opt for South Beach again or even the Paleo diet, but for now, being able to fill out meals with something as cheap as rice is a good thing. gonk

I'm waffling on the idea of going Core/Simply Filling rather than the points. With the new point system, I've noticed that my eating habits are kind of naturally shifting in that direction anyway.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:53 pm
I do love rice. In fact I think you need to teach me how to use the ricemaker because I'm always wanting it now sweatdrop Or just make it more or something.
I think we need bananas. If they're not expensive right now. Or some other fruits. Apples are yummy but too many give me tummy aches.
But yeah. I forgot where I was going with this.  

pigeonsoup

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:52 pm
Remind me when we go shopping and if nothing else I can grab a few bananas for you. Kent would probably nom a few for breakfast too.

Mid-week Update

Holidays are kicking my butt again. I kind of stopped tracking yesterday and today. I know I've gone overboard today. We had pizza for lunch and then I had little bites of fudge throughout the day while I was cooking. I should have had a real meal somewhere in there, but I was freaking busy. x.x I made a good dinner for us and didn't go overboard with the portions, but I also have no idea what the points value of that ham was since I didn't weigh out my portion.

Tomorrow is Christmas dinner at my brother's house and the day after we'll be doing brunch at his house. At some point we'll be going to my dad's or at least I assume so. He may have gone out of town.

No matter what I'm weighing in on Sunday. I'm dreading it a little. Hoping for the best, but apprehensive all the same. If I break even I'll consider it a success.

I need more people to give away food to. The fruitcake recipe I have made way more than I expected. It's delicious and super fluffy, but there's SO. MUCH. gonk And there's fudge and there's about to be cookies. In all honesty, I will probably be sampling a cookie or two tonight. Although maybe not. I'm actually slightly sugared out just from working with the stuff all day.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:13 pm
Oh Life...

I'm kind of sucking at getting back into things. I've bounced between Weight Watchers and South Beach, even did a week on Weight Watchers Simply Filling. (That's the program, similar to Core, where you have "free" foods that you're allowed to eat til satisfaction and then you have a weekly bank for splurges and non-approved foods.) I've had success with everything I've done, but it's been hard to maintain with so many things happening in life.

I started a new job at the end of February and the hubs and I just moved into a new apartment last week. The move has been the hardest thing. I cook a lot to stay on plan and that's kind of impossible when your kitchen is packed into boxes and your fridge is devoid of produce and fresh meat. Kent's promised to help me get back on track this coming week.

Since I'm working now, I took the plunge and paid for three months of Weight Watchers online. It's going to take at least that long to reach my goals and hopefully the investment will make me more compliant. Didn't help much this week, but it's only week 4. I weigh in tomorrow and I'm hoping that I'll have broken even.

Next weekend Kent and I are visiting family and I'm a little apprehensive about it. I was at my lowest weight since high school the last time I saw them and his meme raved about how good I looked. Now I'm squishy and can't comfortably wear my skinny jeans. Part of me feels like I've somehow let people down. I know they're not going to judge me or love me any less or anything like that, but I still feel bad for letting my weight creep up again. I'm also just intensely unhappy about how soft my stomach is.

I still have my Power90 and P90X videos. I want to complete one, if not both, of the programs. I originally started on Power90 thinking that P90X might be too intense for me, but now I'm starting to think it might be a better option. Power90 alternates between two different videos and I struggled with fatigue and soreness. With P90X, I'd have more variety and more rotation through different muscle groups. Might also help keep my interested.

Now we just need to get the boxes in our living room unpacked so that I actually have room to work out. neutral  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:54 pm
Weekly Weigh-in

This week's weight: 151.0lbs, +0.4lbs from last week

Well, the scale didn't show me what I wanted to see, but it did show me what I expected to see. Last week I was more or less totally off the plan and it showed with me gaining half a pound. Not a big gain, but I'd also been losing 1.5-2lbs per week prior to that.

I have really mixed feelings on this week's weigh-in. One the one hand, no one wants to see their numbers go up when they're trying to lose, but on the other hand, when I've gone off plan in the past, I've always gained several pounds and this time it was barely any--it may even be entirely water weight.

Recommitting to snacking on fruit two to three times a day will make a big difference in this coming week, I think. Before last week I was getting two to three servings while at work and even more at home some days and my body seems to respond really well to it. I also need to focus on consistently getting more dairy. I don't think I'll ever get to the point of two a day every day, but one per day most days of the week will work for me. I'll make up the difference with a good multivitamin and the calcium that I get from other things in my diet and my lactose-sensitive tummy and I will get along just fine.

I am really proud of myself for making it through a week on the Simply Filling program. I like not having to count everything and basing things on my hunger cues, but at the same, it was REALLY hard to maintain since we tend to eat out fairly often, especially on the weekends. I know I was kind of a drag to be around when I was replying to food suggestions with "there's nothing there that I can eat." Granted, I kind of had a big handicap with that week since I blew half my weekly splurge budget the very first day with a celebration lunch at work. Management brought in a catered lunch and cake and I wasn't going to miss out on that. I am thinking about giving it another shot just to prove to myself how successful I can be, but if I'm being honest with myself, I think I have to admit that it's not a long term solution.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:38 pm
Oh yeah... goals

I haven't really cleaned up my eating like I had planned to. I've been on plan, was a bit more consistent about my dairy, but I haven't really had a ton of fruit or produce like I was aiming for. Still not quite back in the swing of cooking most nights. We've done a lot of take out and frozen foods. I've been on point, but definitely could have made fresher, healthier, and cheaper choices.

I'm reasonably certain I'll see the scale move down tomorrow morning--the question is how much it'll move. A pair of pants that I wore for work might be a little loser on me, but I'm not sure if it's because of wear-and-tear and the fabric loosening or because my waist is smaller. I'm still wearing my larger jeans, but they're not really flattering on me. I think I need to look into junior/misses cuts and sizes instead of women's. The women's cuts seem to sit too high on me and exaggerate the curve of my tummy.  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items