Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
Mpreg Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mpreg
  :D
  D:
View Results

Rackenov

1,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:58 am
So, do you like or dislike mpreg? :3 Love it
Did it make you go "gah o_o" at first? : I just kinda sat there like " biggrin ....How...?" It intregued me and I've never had any problems with it. I like it a lot. It's a good plot point.  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:29 am
Wow it's been a while since I've seen this thread.
Never expected to get so many replies xD

External Penetration
Crew

Greedy Codger

Jade Ruby

Shirtless Gekko

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:33 pm
never seen it...
I have only read 1 slash story so far, and i didnt quite finnish it, even
lol  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:54 pm
I don't have a problem with male preg, as in, if they want to write boys having kids that's fine. But, I rarely read them, not because of any squick factor, but because I have to be in a certain mood to read something so bloody gushy/cute/family oriented as most male pregancies are. Children change a relationship; suddenly a light happy fic is weighed down with responsibilities and serious relationship issues... total downer when you're looking for light reading where you don't have to think too much. XD  

Deliciae

En Vogue

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:03 pm
Meh. MPreg isn't my thing. I'm not easily squicked; at all. I've read everything from squicky things like Arthur/Percy to the common Harry/Draco, and not much has bothered me. MPreg, however, really makes me squirm in my seat.

JKR once said that not even magic can bring someone back to life. Voldemort isn't an isolated case; he never died. He was still alive in the Horcruxes. Likewise, I think that magic can't CREATE life, either. Someone could stretch it and say that a spell can give Draco the ability to get pregnant, but that doesn't sit with me. That's like saying a spell gives someone the ability to touch the dead, and suddenly they'll be jumping up and alive as ever.

No. No, that doesn't work for me.

However, I don't like to close myself off to something just because I'm grossed out by it. I still wanna eat fried worms someday, even though I know I'll end up sick from it. I make a point to read MPregs if they're by authors that I respect. Otherwise, I don't bother. I'm trying to build up a tolerance for it, and taking my chances on a potentially bad author isn't a good idea, I don't think.

Okay, so that's my little rant.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:00 pm
I don't care for MPreg but if its done tastefully, then I can stomach it. I've only been able to sit through a read a handful of fics that has MPreg in it. In my opinion of things, it's just one of those things that just shouldn't be done regardless has far the imagination can stretch.  

StarryNako

Emo_Loser

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:56 pm
I know it's been FOREVER and a day since I've been to this totally excellent guild but...here's my input x_x.

I've read a few M-Preg fics before.
All of them consisted of Harry and/or Draco (since that's my pairing) being a different "species" or some such thing.
It's not really my thing, but I don't have anything against those who enjoy it.
Obviously there's the whole "guys can't get pregnant" issue, but then there's the whole "OMG magic can make guys have babies".
However, I read one of the posts on this thread about the explaination of JK Rowling saying magic can't bring people back from the dead, therefore magic can't CREATE life either, yadda yadda. That right there is a very good point.
As I mentioned before, M-Preg isn't really my thing.
Although, if the rest of the fic is really good and has an interesting plot, I'll read it.

Oh and I believe, the reason D+H M-Preg fics are written is for the sake of another Malfoy.
Draco needs to produce an heir to keep the Malfoy bloodline going, blah blah blah.
That's my "theory", anyway.

P.S.: A bit off topic, and most of you may not care, but One-Shots kill me.
I prefer to read fics with 8+ chapters...
I also don't enjoy fics where the slash pairing is already...a couple.
I enjoy reading fics that have a plot and MANY events lead to the union of the slash couple...heh sweatdrop .

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:26 pm
Mpreg is the SECKS! xD I especially like mpreg for Remus/Snape, where Snape's the pregnant one. But I think I've read all of those, because I can't find any good ones!  

`[snapexc0re!]

Peroxyde

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:38 pm
I'll read stories with mpreg if they are cute and not centered around it, but I'm not very fond of it.
Actually, it freaks me out. x_o;

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:05 pm
I hate mpreg. gonk  

vivaluna

Eloquent Conventioneer

8,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Aeolua

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:00 am
I dont mind m-preg, I like it. I think it signifies a deep bond between two wizards! ^.^;  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:24 am
Well, the idea of it kind of freaks me out, but I've never actually read a MPREG fic yet(not enough courage to... sweatdrop ). I think the idea is a bit odd, and in most slash pairings, I can't see any of them being pregnant or being all motherly. I can see couples adopting a child, but not...having one XD  

maryblue

Silver and Silence

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:49 pm
Ewww.... bad thought. Other people can like it, but whenever I think about it, I imagine the whole fluffy scenario complete with Harry pouting and trying to look cute while Draco acknowledges him for 4 out of 5 paragraphs. Ick.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:13 am
As an avid reader of all things mpreg (as long as I can tolerate the pairing) I have to say that I really do like it. It's fun to see Harry/Draco/Remus pregnant and moodswing-y, and how their significant other deals with it. Severus Snape dealing with a moody, pregnant Harry is one of the funniest things in the wold to me.

Also, it takes a lot for me to tolerate some characters being pregnant. For example, I really don't like seeing Snape as the carrier (he doesn't seem to be a bottom to me...) except if he is paired with one of a select few characters. Harry and Draco seem like a couple that would switch and either could carry. For other couples, it depends on the author's characterization.

That said, it is nice to have a valid explaination as to WHY the men can get pregant. In one story, Snape and Harry engaged in a bond that allowed the younger of the two to bear children. In another, it depended on how magically powerful the two witches or wizards were.  

Keitan Ketsueki

Minorly-Crazy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:02 pm
External Penetration
Do you like mpreg? My friend is completely freaked out by it but I like it. I'll admit it took me a while to warm up to it, it freaked me out at first too. Though now I love it.
Some of my other friends agree that mpreg is cute, and the others are...well they don't like it.

So, do you like or dislike mpreg?
Did it make you go "gah o_o" at first?
Anything else you can get from this.

i think its absolutely adorable mrgreen  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items