What the stars? I see them every night
View Results

Eragon-12015

13,225 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:31 pm
This book was real great I kinda skipped over the whole admiring Edward part though because I'm a guy. My friend recommended this book to me and even though it was directed more toward's a female audience I still liked it. It has a nice story line and I can't wait for Breaking Dawn Aug 2nd.  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:02 am
I read the Twilight series, but I thought it was O.K. It's a great book,
but there some innappropriate things. xp  

coolwickedz

bumbbles10

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:06 pm
I loved the Twilight series.....The first book was AMAZING, the second book was alright...I'm not a huge fan of jacob....the third book was definetely better, though not as good as the first...I can't wait to read Breaking Dawn, I think it'll be really good. The movie on the other hand...... I'm going to be soooo mad if they mess it up like they did Eragon....  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:44 am
I like the books. But I must say Bella is anoying, her boyfriend leaves her and she is all like...

Darkness surrounds me I hope no one notices. I'm going to forget all my other friends. Omg I hear his voice lets go cliff diving!
Jacob your my sunshine I shall flirt with you, but no I only want to be friends. Hey Edward is back me no need you. I love Edward life is complete and perfect.

I like everyone else in the book and don't like Edward of Jacob more then the other, but Bella tends to get a tad but ennoying. >.<

(I'm righting this at like 3 in the morning just thought I would tell everyone. Haha.)

Black_Rose10

Black_Rose10

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:48 am
haiiis
I read the Twilight series, but I thought it was O.K. It's a great book,
but there some innappropriate things. xp

Like what? Bella trying to suduce him. How old are you? gaia is for 13 years and up. Truthfully if you think that is bad don't read any books older then grade six.

(Remember 3 in the morning.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:04 am
(NOTE: i am a total Twilight fanatic. There are few people who cried during parts of the book because"they were so pretty")
I read Breaking Dawn in less that 8 hours! Also, I read twilight before it was cool.  

IncompleteConspiracy

Shameless Witch

FaeDreamer

Dapper Gaian

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:35 pm
Ok, I'm halfway through the second book and I love them. Bella is seriously kooky, I love that.

I'm finding it funny that I want to slap both Edward and Jacob though....geeze...Men... rolleyes wink

And as for Bella being a bit over dramatic, yah, she definately is. But it's hard to understand what that's like unless you know what having a soul mate/true love or whatever is like. I can't imagine being in love with someone and knowing they love you and not being able to be with them. Some people are stronger about that sort of thing than others.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:30 pm
I will admit that she is a bit of a spaz, but that's part of who she is. I don't think the books would be very good without that fact.  

IncompleteConspiracy

Shameless Witch

Shanti~dragongirl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:30 am
I haven't read the books myself but I have tons of friends at school that are like crazy about it. I've heard it said that it's a vampire version of the O.C (but I haven't watched that either) and others say it's as popular as Harry Potter. I think there's a movie coming out aswell?

Anyway all up I think I'll give it a try (Though it's not what I'd usually go for) just because people are saying it's so good.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:50 am
heart never heard of it but is sounds interesting heart

felicity_mills

IncompleteConspiracy

Shameless Witch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:56 pm
Shanti~dragongirl
I haven't read the books myself but I have tons of friends at school that are like crazy about it. I've heard it said that it's a vampire version of the O.C (but I haven't watched that either) and others say it's as popular as Harry Potter. I think there's a movie coming out aswell?

Anyway all up I think I'll give it a try (Though it's not what I'd usually go for) just because people are saying it's so good.

I hate the fact that they're making this into a movie. The guy who's playing Edward? No. Do not want. He was good in Harry Potter, but Twilight?
Good for you for trying somthing new. I never thought I'd like fantasy until I rewatched The Little Mermaid; now I can't stop reading it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:58 pm
I love/hate the series.

I hate: Bella's whining, lack of independence, flatness as a character; Edward's domineering attitude, control-freak tendencies; how the book goes on and on about how handsome/gorgeous/beautiful/etc. all of the vampires are (I'm especially sick of hearing this crap about Edward. Ok, he's superhot, we get it...); just the whole damn third book (Eclipse, for those who haven't read it)

I love: that it's about vampires (that's the only reason I picked it up in the first place); that it includes werewolves too; JACOB - the only character I REALLY like

I still haven't read Breaking Dawn, no telling whether or not it will effect my opinions at all.  

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Foolish Catalyst

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:36 pm
Ah twilight...

These books. Well, they have their faults. They have many faults in fact.
Espescially Breaking Dawn.
So why don't I hate them?

Minor Spoilers Ahead
Bella sickens me, she does nothing but whine, until she suddenly finds herself perfect, and then she just spends her whole time gloating! Grr... And don't talk to me about her unnatural obsession with Edward.
And Edward. Who the hell would want a perfect boyfriend? Plus, he's kinda, stalker-ish. Well, very stalker-ish in fact.
And Jacob in Eclipse. Wha-?
The anticlimatic ending.
Dracula 1 and Dracula 2 (Okay, the nicknames were one of the best things in BD, but they were just pointless)
Alistair (same as D1 and D2)
Jacob's random imprinting.
Renesmee (An obvious ploy to out-creepy Claudia. Didn't work.)

But then, theres the good things.
Jacob!
Alice!
Awesome cars.
Liam, Siobhan and Molly, 'cause who can't resist an Irish vampire?
The chapter title: "What am I, the Wizard of Oz? Need an brain? Need a heart? Go ahead. Take mine. Take evrything I have." Yeah, its a bit depressing, but it made me laugh.
In fact, all of Jacobs chapter titles were hilarious!
The way the vampires were so different form the norm.
"I bit a pillow" - I laughed so hard at that line.

Okay, I know a lot of that is based on BD, but that 'cause its the one I read most recently. I could go on, but I won't... for now at least!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:33 am
My friends all read Twilight and I thought "I better read this or I will Have no friends left". So I did.

OMG IT IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

I love the fact that thier love causes them so much pain! It just seems more realistic somehow, like if it heals the pain it should at least cause some of it.

P.S. I also seem to be the only girl in the school not in love with Edward, he should be with Bella because the person right for you is the one your in lve with right?  

eda bell

Nimue_of_Avalon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:19 pm
This sounds like a really cool book--have they made a movie of it yet? Do you think movies are normally as good as the book they are based on?  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff