Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Room Planning
The Celebration (STILL LOOKING FOR STAFF!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trivia: who is the mother of Dionysus in most versions of the myth?
  Aphrodite
  Semele
  Demeter
  Khrysothemis
View Results

Khrysothemis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:29 pm
IMPORTANT

Our charity shop is now open. Donations would be loved! If you can't donate, please come and bump to keep the thread active.

ALSO,

I'm wondering if The Celebration Room is too obscure a name. I''m finding that people don't seem to know what we're about. Unlike, The Dark Room, The Forest Room, and The Room of Wisdom and the Arts, people don't seem to know the principle gods and the theme for the room.

So I was thinking about other names, such as The Harvest Room . . . or what do you think? Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:54 pm
Khrysothemis
IMPORTANT

Our charity shop is now open. Donations would be loved! If you can't donate, please come and bump to keep the thread active.

ALSO,

I'm wondering if The Celebration Room is too obscure a name. I''m finding that people don't seem to know what we're about. Unlike, The Dark Room, The Forest Room, and The Room of Wisdom and the Arts, people don't seem to know the principle gods and the theme for the room.

So I was thinking about other names, such as The Harvest Room . . . or what do you think? Any suggestions?

Look at my test thread, I came of with a title I like. It is in the planning guild.  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

Khrysothemis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:11 am
Epcot Illuminations
Khrysothemis
IMPORTANT

ALSO,

Look at my test thread, I came of with a title I like. It is in the planning guild.

'Kay!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:27 pm
Plot

So for the plot, I'm thinking to go with Demeter's powers going out-of-whack and the seasons changing like crazy. What should be the cause of this disaster? Perhaps Dionysus's mischief? Or maybe something lighthearted, like Demeter gets a cold? Or, there could be a twist at the end, and we find out that Demeter was actually doing it on purpose for some reason . . .

What do you think?

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:47 pm
question

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:01 pm
GreenInkling
Plot

So for the plot, I'm thinking to go with Demeter's powers going out-of-whack and the seasons changing like crazy. What should be the cause of this disaster? Perhaps Dionysus's mischief? Or maybe something lighthearted, like Demeter gets a cold? Or, there could be a twist at the end, and we find out that Demeter was actually doing it on purpose for some reason . . .

What do you think?
"All cartoon characters and fables must be exaggeration, caricatures. It is the very nature of fantasy and fable. "-Walt Disney

I think mischief, or that somehow the 2 gods turn against eachother and demeter starts causing the unbalance of seasons trying to destroy Dyonesus.

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:51 pm
*brainstorming brainstorming*

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:44 am
IMPORTANT: To people who may be following/lurking.

General plot is due next Saturday.

Please help us brainstorm! Add your two cence now, 'cause this is your chance to get your ideas into the Celebration room.

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:24 am
I've informed Bliss and the others that because of limited access to the internet right now, I won't be as active as I hope. Please do not despair! Continue working on your ideas, posting in the guild, and PM me if you need anything or want to chat. I will be around.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:45 pm
Update

Currently, Epcot Illuminations is working on the riddle game/amazing race game of the main plot. This involves writing riddles and setting them up in the guild especially for this purpose.

I am brainstorming the choose-your-own-adventure style story. This involves writing rough drafts and eventually setting up the posts in the guild mentioned above. I am also requesting free art in the Art Request forum and am soon to commission some graphic art for our Room.

Please help us with:

collecting/drawing art
brainstorming/setting up games
getting some more role-players/NPCs

And PM us if you need anything, anything at all! c:

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:08 pm

We are still in need of staff to help us in The Celebration room at this Annual Ball. Please PM or post in this thread to volunteer!

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:39 am

Update

The progress for the Celebration room goes as follows:

- Graphics commissioned
- Looking for art
- Amazing Race game in progress
- Riddle game completed and being set up
- Plot nearly perfected
- Still in need of staff

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:38 pm
Would this room be willing to hide a small thumbnail image and a clue on their front page, or their second page for a scavenger hunt for The Forest Room? The image will be an imgleft icon, and the clue will be put on the side of that in small green type.

We would also appreciate it if you would be alright with you to put the clue up later in the event rather than at the beginning so people competing in the hunt don't just find them all at the beginning, because even though we won't put the event up until later people might find them before we even offer it and then when they know they'll be able to complete the contest faster which would be really unfair to other users.

If you would agree to putting it up later, we will send the icon and the clue to you later so you don't forget.
biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:29 pm
Luna Verto
Would this room be willing to hide a small thumbnail image and a clue on their front page, or their second page for a scavenger hunt for The Forest Room? The image will be an imgleft icon, and the clue will be put on the side of that in small green type.

We would also appreciate it if you would be alright with you to put the clue up later in the event rather than at the beginning so people competing in the hunt don't just find them all at the beginning, because even though we won't put the event up until later people might find them before we even offer it and then when they know they'll be able to complete the contest faster which would be really unfair to other users.

If you would agree to putting it up later, we will send the icon and the clue to you later so you don't forget.
biggrin

Sure would. c:

Just remind us when it's time for us to put it up because we'll have our hands full running our own events. ^^;

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:22 pm
Thank you!  
Room Planning