Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
It's About Time That I Stop Complaining About My Weight. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I've got to eat healthier to reach my goals!
  You can do it!
  Everything in moderation! D;
  Just stick to cake; it doesn't matter.
View Results

Honeydew Ice Cream

Tipsy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:51 pm
I'll keep you my dirty little secret...

I am living in Ontario and going to university in the fall! /highfives/

Well, Western is actually really pretty, but the town of London is very run down. University of Toronto is pretty and there's always tons of stuff to do in Toronto, so that's good. I'm going to be leaving on Thursday to visit Queen's and Carleton. I'm very excited to see Ottawa.

I'm pretty lost as well, so I definitely wish you lots of luck. It's going to be four years of your life and tons of money, so it's a tough decision to make! D;

...don't tell anyone or you'll be just another regret.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:56 pm

03/16/2010!

I should really be packing for Thursday, but hey. It shouldn't take too long. I've come down with allergies since the weather's warming up, but I'll survive.

Today I ate:

- About 2 cups of fruit + yogurt
- About 1/2 cup of cereal + yogurt
- A roast beef and cheese sandwich
- Some KD crackers
- About 2 more cups of fruit
- A lot of noodles + milk

Honeydew Ice Cream

Tipsy Ladykiller

phloid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:33 am
My parents were totally against me going to toronto xD
too big.
My sister goes to Carleton, and it's also one of my choices, it's quite nice there :3
(wouldn't it be cool if we both went to carleton!? lol > <)
I knowww, definitely a lot of pressure in making this choice!
D:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:34 pm

I love Toronto, but it's near my town as well, so I wouldn't need to stay on residence if I went there. Plus, Toronto has the best food and tons of variety. It is extremely crowded and very lively though, so if you like a more quiet atmosphere, I'd recommend you go somewhere else. My cousin works at the University of Toronto and she recommended that I do my first year somewhere else, since Toronto has too many people per class, which makes it hard to learn.

I'm visiting Ottawa on Friday, so I'm excited to see Carleton. I've also never been to Ottawa, so I'm going to see Parliament Hill all the government buildings there for the first time. I'm going to be taking lots of pictures! c:

Well, I've already been accepted into Carleton University so if I really like it there I might just go.

Honeydew Ice Cream

Tipsy Ladykiller

Honeydew Ice Cream

Tipsy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:52 pm

03/21/2010!

Spring break is pretty much over. I've got to go back to school tomorrow. Boo. Ah well.

Queen's University was really pretty and it's got lots of nice old buildings. Not to mention that they have a Beavertail stand, which is completely awesome in every way. Fattening too, but hey. Carleton looks like a regular school, but the orientation was very well organized and I learned a lot of useful things about university there. I was quite impressed with both, but I have yet to see Guelph. I'll make my decision then.

Today I've eaten:

- About 1 cup of Special K cereal + milk + a banana
- A roast beef sandwich from Subway
- A Lindor truffle (so good!)
- About 3 cups of fruit
- A cup of rice + potatoes + cucumbers + milk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:57 pm

03/28/2010!

I feel like I'm really straying from my healthy lifestyle. I've started eating junk food again and although I haven't really gained any weight, I feel guilty for eating badly. I guess my body's just telling me that I should take better care of myself and eat things that are good for me.

Starting tomorrow, I'm going to start this over again. I'm going to go back to eating healthy and exercising as often as I can. I want to look good for prom, so I'm definitely going to make sure that I watch what I eat and do my best to be healthy from now on!

Also, I checked out the campus for the University of Guelph. It was rather pretty and the entire university had a very 'comfy' and 'home-like' feeling to it. I think I would be able to live there for a while.

Honeydew Ice Cream

Tipsy Ladykiller

Honeydew Ice Cream

Tipsy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:40 pm

03/29/2010!

I've been unproductive as ever today. Bleh.

On the other hand, I've started to think about what I'm going to do in university and what I value. I don't want to crash when I get to university and end up flunking out. I'm a bright person now, but when I get to university, I'm going to be surrounded by other bright people. I have to stand out. I think I'm going to tell myself now to stay away from partying every single night and to try and restrain from drugs and alcohol. Also, I'm going to remind myself to continue to eat well and exercise, because my body is worth it.

Today I ate:
- About 2 cups of fruit
- About 1 cup of baby carrots
- A ham and cheese sandwich
- A Special K bar
- A small container of yogurt + 2 cups of fruit
- About 10 cashews
- A slice of pizza + 4 chicken nuggets

Hopefully I'll eat a healthier dinner tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:53 pm
Let's dance in style, let's dance for a while...

03/30/2010!

March is nearly over. This semester is going by really fast. Soon it'll be prom, then graduation, and then I'll be in university before I know it. I'm kind of scared, yet excited.

So far today, I've eaten:

- About 1 cup Special K cereal + milk + banana
- A ham and cheese sandwich
- A small container of yogurt + 2 cups of fruit.

Dinner looks like stir-fried veggies and rice. I'll probably eat a few cashews to get some protein. c:

... heaven can wait, we're only watching the skies.

Honeydew Ice Cream

Tipsy Ladykiller

Honeydew Ice Cream

Tipsy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:37 pm

04/02/2010!

It's Good Friday, so I started the day by eating and then going to church. I spent the afternoon raking leaves, and I think I've really overkilled my sodium intake. I guess since I exercised a little, it should help. I'll be sure to eat a little better tomorrow.

Today I ate:

- About 1 1/4 cup Special K cereal + milk + a banana
- An apple
- A packet of Instant Nissin noodles in sesame oil flavour (my favourite lunch food, by far)
- About 3 cups of fruit
- A container of yogurt

Dinner looks like sandwiches.

Also, I did the 'Eight Minutes Abs' thing for the first time today. I could really feel the burn and it's been a while since I've found something so effective at that. Maybe I'll stick to this.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:07 pm

04/03/2010!

I've got to get up early tomorrow for church! Easter Sunday and all. It's nice to see everyone all colourful and happy for the event though! Plus, I get the early mass, which most people don't attend, so mass shouldn't be too bad. Yes, I need to wake up early, but I can leave earlier too. I think I'll treat myself to a piece of chocolate tomorrow, just because it's Easter. I haven't eaten much junk food lately, and to be honest, I'm proud of myself. I feel healthier and happier without it and if I can keep this up, I can look better too!

I'm going to try to eat more veggies and less carbs. Yes, carbs are tasty, but veggies are healthy and natural. It's time to work hard, since prom is in a few months!

Today I ate:

- About 1 1/4 cup Special K cereal + milk + a banana
- A bagel + cream cheese + yogurt
- About 2 cups of fruit
- A roast beef sandwich from Subway
- Another small container of yogurt

I finally got to the gym today, so I feel good. It's been so long since I've been there that it's rather sad. I'm going to focus more on working out from now on!

Honeydew Ice Cream

Tipsy Ladykiller

Honeydew Ice Cream

Tipsy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:08 pm

04/05/2010!

Must finish this math homework. You know, my biggest problem is that I never get any work done, so I never have time to work out. I still haven't fixed that. I'm going to catch up on math today so that when I go to school tomorrow, I won't feel so behind!

Today I've eaten:

- About 1 cup Honey Bunches of Oats cereal + milk + a banana
- A container of yogurt + 5 cashews
- More yogurt + a slice of toast with margarine + carrots
- A Lindor chocolate
- About 2 cups of fruit

Dinner looks like rice with broccoli and milk.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:45 pm

04/06/2010!

I'm not eating as much as I used to. I can't help but wonder if that's a good thing. It's not like I'm not hungry - I'm starving half the time, but I just don't eat. I guess I've somehow got it in my head that skinny girls don't eat very much, which I'm sure isn't true. Bahhh. I need to make sure I take in enough calories; not eating enough might be the reason I'm not losing weight.

Today I ate:

- About 1 cup Honey Bunches of Oats cereal + milk
- A spinach and ham sandwich
- A Special K bar
- About 2 cups of fruit + a container of yogurt
- About 10 cashews
- About 2/3 cup of rice + cauliflower + milk

Honeydew Ice Cream

Tipsy Ladykiller

maymag

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:49 pm
You can do it! I feel like such a creeper, but I'm going to college (Uni) next year, too. I've made all my decisions and such, so I know how excited you are. x3 I just can't wait for next year. It's kind of annoying, though. Have you gotten bored with high school, too?

On a side note, make sure to eat at minimum 1400 calories! It might seem like a lot, but if you're eating below that you could be doing more damage than good. If you eat less than that, you're putting yourself at risk for going into starvation mode, which will ruin you metabolism. In addition to that, most weight loss that you see will probably be mostly consistent of muscle, not fat, which is not what you want.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:30 pm

@magmag: Hey there! No, it's fine, I read part of your journal as well. c:

I'm still deciding on a university to go to, but I do have one in mind. I'm pretty excited to go, but I'm also kind of scared of the 'frosh fifteen'. I visited the university that I'm thinking about attending and they've got lots of yummy food, which scares me. At the same time, you pay for each food item instead of paying a set amount and eating whatever you want, so that should really help. I'm not bored of high school, per say, but I want to live on residence and have that freedom of being independent from my parents.

Yeah, I've found that my metabolism tends to match the amount of calories I intake, making exercise the most effective way of losing weight. For me, anyway. The good part is that I don't gain much weight when I don't exercise and eat well, but the downside is that cutting calories won't do anything for me unless I exercise. I started going to the gym last summer in order to gain muscle and it's been a big help. I haven't lost that much weight, but I feel much better and can run a lot farther than I could before.

Honeydew Ice Cream

Tipsy Ladykiller

Honeydew Ice Cream

Tipsy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:57 pm

04/10/2010!

Time to record my progress! I've downloaded the 'Fat 2 Fit' radio show as a podcast and listening to them is really interesting! I'm going to continue listening to their advice and try to make sure I get a good amount of exercise every single day, which should help me lose weight. I mean, I've found some jumping exercise videos on youtube and there's no excuse for me to be unable to spare ten minutes every day to jump. I've also noticed that when I exercise, I have less time to eat and therefore don't eat as much. It's a double bonus!

Today I've eaten:

- About 1 cup of Honey Bunches of Oats cereal + a banana + milk
- A container of yogurt + a blueberry bagel
- About 3 cups of fruit
- About 2/3 cups of rice + broccoli + potatoes + milk

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff