Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Dont come to our church! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Why do we fight each other?
  because were different
  because some of us are jerks and hypocrites
  i dont even know
View Results

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:51 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
Eh, didn't mean that you were per se, I just wanted to bring it up and apologize in case I had frustrated you at some point.
I half protested Gho's claiming of me as a... I think the term used was guide.

Apparently I get drafted into the role because I'm so ******** mouthy and opinionated.
Well, considering you initiated me into Reiki, I use that for way more than you just being mouthy and opinionated. Further, you're one of the only people I know who not only will engage me in philosophical discussions about Yeshua and Agape, you've also got the knack for challenging me in wonderful ways.

Honestly, you have a lot more wisdom than you probably think you do, and I really want you to find a place to be ok with that.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:55 pm
Fiddlers Green
Strangely enough, I have leaned more from re-examining what I have lost, than from what is before me.

Ultimately, tho, I have come to the conclusion that my own ideals for a better world do not need like mind, they need like action. I am transcending the understanding of conversion. It is losing it's relevance.

The world I wish to live in is one were actions, rather than allegiances are telling. Then again, some allegiances may script ones actions...
I agree. I do my best to live within Agape, and if down that path, one comes to me and seems that they are or want to be one who follows a path similar to mine, I'd be more than happy to do what I could.

But the fact is, not all are going to get "it." All have the potential to, but many are going to be focused on other aspects of their life, and if these things give them joy and spread joy around them, what can I complain about? I see different understandings leading to the same conclusions all the time. When we focus on conversion, we abandon the substance of Chrsitianity for it's literation. We build a nation of Christians in name, but have very Christians in heart.  

Gho the Girl

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:01 pm
CuAnnan

I'm going to chime in on this one. I realise the flyting is over and done with and that the OP has admitted their mistake and apologised (however insincere I may find the apology), I believe this bears mentioning.
What about it seems insincere?
Quote:

Calling it arrogance is linguistically fine, I agree. However, if we use the term "Prideful" we get to the root of the matter. Pride (as opposed to pride) is a sin. It is a seperation of one's self from his fellow man and placing one's self above them. In doing so, one is leaving grace. They are automatically violating the LoA by saying "I am better than you". See James 4.6 for scriptural support. There are other scriptural supports but I don't have them to hand any more.
Good point. Also, I believe I mentioned Matt 25 as well. He did not know those "Righteous" men, and cast them into hell.
Quote:

That site and, in particularl, the posting of the link were not just arrogant, they were Prideful.
True. Not only Prideful in response to those who aren't Christian, but Prideful towards other Christians. Dangerous thing that- if Hell cannot triumph over the Bride of Christ, the Church, surely such division is sinful.
Quote:

I question the validity of the covenant.
If we look at this from a legalistic point of view, then in order to enter into a contract you need to be of sound mind, capable of understanding the terms and capable of giving consent.
This part I contest. Ignoring that applying human law to divine beings may well be a Straw Man, it is perfectly legal for an Adult guardian to enter a minor into a contract.

Quote:

Also, you have to look at whether or not the covenant is being honoured or even acknowledged by the other "signatories".
This much I'll grant you. The issue then comes in when we examine the fact that mortal time frames may not be that of the gods.

Quote:
AngryRobotsInc.
I feel...spiritually dead, within the Catholic faith specifically, Christian faith in general.

I felt empty too. Actually, more than empty, I felt hollowed.
Curious.

Gho the Girl
Further, you're one of the only people I know who not only will engage me in philosophical discussions about Yeshua and Agape,
It's my primary form of entertainment, talking theology.
Quote:

you've also got the knack for challenging me in wonderful ways.

Quote:
Honestly, you have a lot more wisdom than you probably think you do, and I really want you to find a place to be ok with that.
I'm okay with my "wisdom". I'm uncomfortable with being viewed as a teacher/mentor etc. in ways I didn't sign up for.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:24 pm
TeaDidikai
I'm okay with my "wisdom". I'm uncomfortable with being viewed as a teacher/mentor etc. in ways I didn't sign up for.
Alright. I'll respect that. I won't ask why, since it's probably none of my business. From now on, you're a friend who I have a lot of respect for, and will sometimes turn to, as friends will do.  

Gho the Girl

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:17 am
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai
Alright. I'll respect that. I won't ask why, since it's probably none of my business. From now on, you're a friend who I have a lot of respect for, and will sometimes turn to, as friends will do.
I don't mind telling you why.

I take teaching and mentoring as a very serious responsibility, and I want to be able to live up to the standards thereof.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:03 am
TeaDidikai
CuAnnan

I'm going to chime in on this one. I realise the flyting is over and done with and that the OP has admitted their mistake and apologised (however insincere I may find the apology), I believe this bears mentioning.
What about it seems insincere?

The fact that it came after large amounts of arguing the righteousness and that she apologised for our feelings and not her actions.
She has not accepted the wrong doing.
Quite frankly, I resent having my feelings apologised for. I don't apologise for them so I don't really take other people apologising for them well.

TeaDidikai
Good point. Also, I believe I mentioned Matt 25 as well. He did not know those "Righteous" men, and cast them into hell.

Pridefulness is a sin I have actually taken an interest in. While I don't actually subscribe to sin, I do see Pridefulness as damaging to the Self, even if only by sabotaging the ability to properly Self-check.

TeaDidikai
This part I contest. Ignoring that applying human law to divine beings may well be a Straw Man, it is perfectly legal for an Adult guardian to enter a minor into a contract.

The Adult guardian is responsible, not the child, for any violations.

TeaDidikai
This much I'll grant you. The issue then comes in when we examine the fact that mortal time frames may not be that of the gods.

Indeed. It's why I recommend reconcilliation over the "protection from another god" route.

TeaDidikai
Curious.

Not really. Like I say to most Christians, I get a sense for what their Covenant brings them. Being surrounded by that in mass and feeling nothing at all was a very upsetting thing for a child.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:45 pm
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai
I don't mind telling you why.

I take teaching and mentoring as a very serious responsibility, and I want to be able to live up to the standards thereof.
I've never complained, but I understand.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:32 am
CuAnnan
Deoridhe
Also, no contest on what you said.

Course not. That's coz I'm awesome.

xd Yus, yus you are.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:08 am
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
Eh, didn't mean that you were per se, I just wanted to bring it up and apologize in case I had frustrated you at some point.

Apparently I get drafted into the role because I'm so ******** mouthy and opinionated.

You're pretty ******** helpful, if I do say so myself. Especially when it comes to helping me sort out my own native faith. Sometimes your comments on Double Faith have a way of... turning on the light in a dark room for me.

Double Faith?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:23 am
Aino Ailill
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
Collowrath

You're pretty ******** helpful, if I do say so myself. Especially when it comes to helping me sort out my own native faith. Sometimes your comments on Double Faith have a way of... turning on the light in a dark room for me.

Double Faith?

It's a Slavic concept- basically when the Slavs converted to Christendom, the early stages were not quite monolateralistic, but instead just added another god to the local pantheon. Cultural practices were applied equally to YHVH's traditions as they were to the other gods.

He has a Pathways thread up. I'd look at that if I were you.  

TeaDidikai

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:36 am
TeaDidikai
Aino Ailill
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
Collowrath

Double Faith?

It's a Slavic concept- basically when the Slavs converted to Christendom, the early stages were not quite monolateralistic, but instead just added another god to the local pantheon. Cultural practices were applied equally to YHVH's traditions as they were to the other gods.

He has a Pathways thread up. I'd look at that if I were you.

I will, thank you.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:07 pm
Aino Ailill

I will, thank you.
Welcome.  

TeaDidikai

Collowrath

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:20 pm
TeaDidikai
Aino Ailill

I will, thank you.
Welcome.

Speaking of pathways threads... where'd yours go, Tea? It's missing sad I liked it.

*shuffles off to wade through Aino's questions* sweatdrop  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces