Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Pagan name? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:38 am
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TheDisreputableDog
Recursive Paradox
Can I just use the name I picked when I did my transition from guy to girl as my pagan name? XD
Well, your name is a significant concept for some traditions. razz Throw in a color or an animal and you're golden. xd
Not knowing if you she wants her name revealed, I will leave it as X. However, all I can think about when you said that is X Brown Cow. If you know her name, it's perfect.

stare  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:08 am
Recursive Paradox
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TheDisreputableDog
Recursive Paradox
Can I just use the name I picked when I did my transition from guy to girl as my pagan name? XD
Well, your name is a significant concept for some traditions. razz Throw in a color or an animal and you're golden. xd
Not knowing if you she wants her name revealed, I will leave it as X. However, all I can think about when you said that is X Brown Cow. If you know her name, it's perfect.

stare
Oh come on, say it out loud. It has a ring.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

Musical_Vampire_Socks

27,300 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Converting 100 items 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:33 am
I like Ravenstar but I normally go by Remmy....  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:30 pm
Birth Name: Rebecca.
Current Pagan Names: Fayt, And Fayth. "I Am A Twin Souled Person. Fayt My Demon Side, Fayth Being My Angelic Side.

I've Had Many Names In The Past, And Past Lives. Though Through Tough Times I Have Forgotten Most.  

UnholyFayth

Dedicated Lover

6,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:46 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn

*wonders who else thought of cowbell...*  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:02 pm
Been going by River Moonwolf for bout 10 years, off and on. I usually answer to River or RM, or even, if you must, James (my birth name). Haven't really changed my name as I've gotten comfortable and used to it, but being the original scatterbrain, I could very change it tomorrow. Who knows?  

River_Moonwolf

Maze

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:49 am
Wylde Mandala Moonshadow.

Eh. I'm sure I can come up with worse. *snerks* What's with the random addition of the 'e' at the end everywhere, though?

I don't really have a Pagan name, I don't think. I do have a user name (not Maze, that is) that I.. think I read somewhere before I dreamt of it and associate myself with pretty strongly. I tried to find the piece of work I found it in again, in an attempt to verify that that was where I got it from, but no luck.

Anyway, I woke up at one time with that name in my ear and went 'Oh, okay. I'll use that then!'

I found out later (much later) that it's apparently an actual name (Kurdish, male), but I liked the meaning, it does fit (if it didn't before, it does now), and by that time I was stuck on it already anyway.

A quick look on Google seems to indicate it is currently also used for females, though.. So.. *shrugs* If that matters, then I'm in the clear.

(Oh, funny, apparently it depends no which part of the country you live in.)  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:48 am
x - Johnny HazardXx
Do you use one and what is it and it's meaning?

I've had 3 over the years. First was Emrys then Caleb but those were at different phases of my life. First was in high school second early 20's. My current Pagan name is Thaliesin. It just came to me and I didn't even know of the mythology behind it. I only added the H because numerically it changes the name to number 9. I was born on the 9th my numeroligical number is 9 and my first and last name is 9 and all things happen in 3's and 3 x 3 = 9 so it is my number biggrin

User Image

Heilsan Johnny ok Allir,

I have always for most things gone by my birth name, which in my younger years I detested, but I am now very attached to and proud of, as it is derived from the Germanic Theodoric.

My current standard name in all games, avatars, medieval recreation circles etc, is Ulfrikr. It's Old Norse, and can mean Magnificent Wolf, or Wolf Ruler. The full name is traditional Old Norse form, as one had a byname, rather than a traditional surname, and whilst most people had names derived from their linage, e.g. oddleifr hrafnsson, many had bynames derived from a physiological or psychological trait, e.g. eirik inn rauðr (Eric the Red). In my case, I use Ulfrikr inn Hrafn, Ulfrikr the Raven. It fits rather well, given that I am rather Odhinnic in nature, and the Wolf and Raven being both Odhinnic animals.

I do have a third name, and that one just appeared one day in amongst my random thought processes. Few know it and the probability that I let it be known is rather low, as it contains a certain power of its own, in-so-far that as a 'true name' it would be rather hard for someone to use to work on my, as it is as likely to come back and bite them on the rear biggrin

Ver thu heil  

Ulfrikr inn Hrafn

Friendly Gaian

4,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

RuisRaven

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:33 am
I have a magical name. It is my celtic zodiac which also happens to have my spirit animal listed with it, so my name basically reflects the Raven in both the zodiac term and Gaelic. I believe Nyx gave me the idea for the name because I have stuck with it thus far. (Nyx is the patron goddess who came to me and told me I was hers.)  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:28 pm
UnholyFayth
Birth Name: Rebecca.
Current Pagan Names: Fayt, And Fayth. "I Am A Twin Souled Person. Fayt My Demon Side, Fayth Being My Angelic Side.

I've Had Many Names In The Past, And Past Lives. Though Through Tough Times I Have Forgotten Most.
Did this turn into the "Worst Things a Pagan Could Say" thread when I wasn't looking?

Okay, let's get straight to the point:
Why do you have a "Pagan Name" for aspects of yourself that identify you as YHVH's b***h?

RuisRaven
I have a magical name. It is my celtic zodiac which also happens to have my spirit animal listed with it, so my name basically reflects the Raven in both the zodiac term and Gaelic. I believe Nyx gave me the idea for the name because I have stuck with it thus far. (Nyx is the patron goddess who came to me and told me I was hers.)
Time to send up the Cu Signal.

Also- which Nyx and why is she your patron?  

TeaDidikai

scorplett

Blessed Regular

6,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:56 pm
Recursive Paradox
Celeblin Galadeneryn

*wonders who else thought of cowbell...*

Moar cowbell!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:16 pm
RuisRaven

Can you explain what you mean by the boledned?

I'm really quite puzzled by it!

I mean, there is no such thing as a 'celtic zodiac'! Even if there was, why would you use it?

Also, with reference to 'Gaelic', if your referring to the language it's either 'Irish', or 'Gaeilge. 'Gaeilic' means something other than the name of the language native to Ireland.

If your talking about using the Irish for 'raven', Fiach dubh would be the translation of 'raven' to my mind, if it is crow perhaps 'préachán' or even cág which means jackdaw, would do better? although there may be other regional variations in the other regional dialect and the Caighdeán Oifigiúil (*Spits*).

If 'Ruis' is supposed to mean something, it doesn't. If you put a fhada on the letter u, then it'd mean russia.

Seriously, any chance of further explanation?  

scorplett

Blessed Regular

6,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Nines19

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:45 pm
scorplett
Seriously, any chance of further explanation?

(Just tossing this out there.) It's possible that RuisRaven's username may not be his/her "magical name".  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:22 pm
RuisRaven
I have a magical name. It is my celtic zodiac which also happens to have my spirit animal listed with it, so my name basically reflects the Raven in both the zodiac term and Gaelic.

Mura thuigin tú cad 'tá scríbthe síos ann, conas a cheapann tú gur thiogfá thú mo chuid tuatha 's chuile rud a gabhann le.
I gach ndáiríre, ******** off  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Collowrath

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:30 pm
CuAnnan
I gach ndáiríre, ******** off

You just touched on one of my favorite things in the world. I love it when people switch languages on the fly. heart  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff