Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Draconic Ritual Q&A ^.=.^ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:10 am
Dori-Ryuu
CuAnnan
In fact, there are some rather helpful people at tagalog-dictionary.com
I've dropped them a mail to ask if they'd be willing to verify your translations of said book. Should hear back from them tomorrow, considering the time difference.
This will prove most interesting.

lol if you think id make it legible enough for you to translate your crazy. Why would i let you translate something i couldnt tell you if i liked you?.

So... what you're saying is, you're going to provide us with a blurry image of something that may or may not be a grimoire of ancient magic that was passed down to you through your family, never impacting on the world around it having no influence on anywhere.
That's silly.
Your claim is getting less and less credible.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:12 am
Damn, y'all. I go to bed, and get up, and this thread has gone from 1 page to 7. Impressive. Also, Dori-Ryuu, your = possessive form of the English second person pronoun, you're = contraction "you+are". Learn them.  

IH_Zero

X C L S I O R

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:13 am
CuAnnan
Dori-Ryuu
CuAnnan
In fact, there are some rather helpful people at tagalog-dictionary.com
I've dropped them a mail to ask if they'd be willing to verify your translations of said book. Should hear back from them tomorrow, considering the time difference.
This will prove most interesting.

lol if you think id make it legible enough for you to translate your crazy. Why would i let you translate something i couldnt tell you if i liked you?.

So... what you're saying is, you're going to provide us with a blurry image of something that may or may not be a grimoire of ancient magic that was passed down to you through your family, never impacting on the world around it having no influence on anywhere.
That's silly.
Your claim is getting less and less credible.

at ikaw ay pagkuha ng mas maraming at marami pang iba sa aking nerbiyos.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:15 am
AngryRobotsInc.
Damn, y'all. I go to bed, and get up, and this thread has gone from 1 page to 7. Impressive. Also, Dori-Ryuu, your = possessive form of the English second person pronoun, you're = contraction "you+are". Learn them.

thank you teacher, if you read back a few pages youll see i said forgive errors, im running on 4 hrs of sleep  

X C L S I O R

Kashaku-Tatsu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:15 am
All of this flaming begun over something as small as spelling of a term? Seriously? A lot of "correct spellings", etc almost seem regional from what I've noticed in talking with a lot of pagans around the world.

We have no way of truly knowing if any of the world's paths in any era is truly right about how the religious practice should be. Everything was given to them from a deity and passed down (mostly verbally through generations), eventually written down and accepted as truth.

We can't simply discuss or celebrate the fact that there is another who is following a pagan path, but sit and flame with "holier than thou" attitudes cause of a semantic? lol amazing how forums end up  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:16 am
Dori-Ryuu
AngryRobotsInc.

thank you teacher, if you read back a few pages youll see i said forgive errors, im running on 4 hrs of sleep

It's not a typo if you consistently make the same mistake. It's you failing at the English language.

Further protips.
1) Punctuation is your friend.
2) Move your left pinky finger a little to the left. See that? It's the shift key. It is also your friend.  

IH_Zero

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:17 am
Dori-Ryuu
i growing up i pretty much just took what he said as stone written. When i got older i did get curious and looked around.
Good for you! Questioning things is very healthy.

Dori-Ryuu
There is alot of different views on various writings and stories. Like Fafnir. The big story on Fafnir was that he was a man who was consumed by his greed and transformed into a dragon who was later slain by sigurd.
It was a dwarf actually and I'm confused why greed as a maker of dragons is a good thing...

Dori-Ryuu
Tiamat in mesopotamia, slain by her offspring and her body was used to create the earth and blood the oceans.
This is also a good dragon story? surprised She created monsters! How is that a part of your beliefs and practices?

Dori-Ryuu
But as far as personality, a lot of what i read was close to what my grandfather said and that was that dragons have their own personalities. But there isnt a good or evil. there has to be evil to be good. Its a balance that keeps everything in check. Without one the other wont exist.
You are saying your dragons are... grey? surprised  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:18 am
My dragons are Metallic and Chromatic. ninja  

IH_Zero

X C L S I O R

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:20 am
Molly Mollusca
Dori-Ryuu
i growing up i pretty much just took what he said as stone written. When i got older i did get curious and looked around.
Good for you! Questioning things is very healthy.

Dori-Ryuu
There is alot of different views on various writings and stories. Like Fafnir. The big story on Fafnir was that he was a man who was consumed by his greed and transformed into a dragon who was later slain by sigurd.
It was a dwarf actually and I'm confused why greed as a maker of dragons is a good thing...

Dori-Ryuu
Tiamat in mesopotamia, slain by her offspring and her body was used to create the earth and blood the oceans.
This is also a good dragon story? surprised She created monsters! How is that a part of your beliefs and practices?

Dori-Ryuu
But as far as personality, a lot of what i read was close to what my grandfather said and that was that dragons have their own personalities. But there isnt a good or evil. there has to be evil to be good. Its a balance that keeps everything in check. Without one the other wont exist.

ah a dwarf, my bad. Never said it was a good thing =P, was just stating how the stories differ.... but then i realized i forgot to write the other side, Fafnir is also a guardian (i believe unless im wrong that he was guarding his horded treasures?) and has a different story that never stated him as anything other then a dragon.

and yes exactly, they would be grey =P  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:22 am
Molly Mollusca

Isn't all magic/magick/majik(however you desire to spell it) grey as is nothing in nature is 100% truly good or evil/black or white, but a combination of both.  

Kashaku-Tatsu

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:26 am
Dori-Ryuu
ah a dwarf, my bad. Never said it was a good thing =P, was just stating how the stories differ.... but then i realized i forgot to write the other side, Fafnir is also a guardian (i believe unless im wrong that he was guarding his horded treasures?) and has a different story that never stated him as anything other then a dragon.

Really, where did the story that he was anything other then a dragon come from? And again... I'm not sure, why was him being a guardian of his own stuff out of greed and not wanting to share a good thing? sweatdrop

How does this story link in with your own beliefs and practices? Is it because of Fafnir that you think it has an basis in Northern religion? How about Tiamat? surprised

And grey dragons? Metallic ones like the ones of angry robot? surprised  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:28 am
Kashaku-Tatsu
Isn't all magic/magick/majik(however you desire to spell it) grey as is nothing in nature is 100% truly good or evil/black or white, but a combination of both.
Actually magic or magick if you are an thelemite, is not a color. Where did you get that idea? surprised  

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

Kashaku-Tatsu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:34 am
read up... it's an extension off of dragons being the focal point for being "grey" because they are both good and evil.... That is the exact phrasing I have heard and been taught through out several systems. It's a representation to show how the unvierse's energies work, instead of using the other known symbol of ying yang...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:35 am
Molly Mollusca
Dori-Ryuu

Really, where did the story that he was anything other then a dragon come from? And again... I'm not sure, why was him being a guardian of his own stuff out of greed and not wanting to share a good thing? sweatdrop

How does this story link in with your own beliefs and practices? Is it because of Fafnir that you think it has an basis in Northern religion? How about Tiamat? surprised

And grey dragons? Metallic ones like the ones of angry robot? surprised

The story i know is the one of him being nothing but a dragon guardian. And i had found it once on an idle site of history and lore. I can see tom. while at work if i can find it again.
So the story of his greed isnt one i follow, but i guess if i did, it wouldnt be a good thing.

Well that is one of the reasons i believe so yea. But like i said, the known story of fafniir and sigurd isnt what i follow, so in reality it really doesnt link with my practice.

And Tiamat, called the "Mother Creater" was called (back then) on to bring crops and to help fertility. But I pretty much have changed it in my personal practice to relate to prosperity etc. Figured it was the closest i could get to crops etc. To ask for the ability to continue to feed myself and my wife and to prosper.

and no, no chromatic... not DND >.^  

X C L S I O R

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:39 am
Kashaku-Tatsu
All of this flaming begun over something as small as spelling of a term? Seriously? A lot of "correct spellings", etc almost seem regional from what I've noticed in talking with a lot of pagans around the world.

We have no way of truly knowing if any of the world's paths in any era is truly right about how the religious practice should be. Everything was given to them from a deity and passed down (mostly verbally through generations), eventually written down and accepted as truth.

We can't simply discuss or celebrate the fact that there is another who is following a pagan path, but sit and flame with "holier than thou" attitudes cause of a semantic? lol amazing how forums end up

From what I am gathering, the actual flaming really began with Dori-Ryuu setting himself up as an authority, while making some common mistakes. When challenged on that authority, and indeed, the nature of the religion (and yes, the term magick), his response was not to respond to those challenged, but to whine about how we weren't accepting what he was saying.

Also, there has been derailing going into druidism and ADF (and on this, I will only say, that if the ADF changed their name and focused more on the indo-european semi-reconstrution that many of their members do, things would be much better. Also, I really do like Greer's A World Full of Gods, but it's a philosophy book, and not about ADF), others about the term magick, etc.

Currently, Dori-Ryuu is being asked for proof about his particular path. Why? Because we've seen this sort of claim before. Someone says they've been following a family tradition and wants to share it. It's always been in the family for generations, but when asked specifics, it either reads like general neopaganism, or some crackpot theories tied together. Then, when asked for proof of this -- it suddenly cannot be shared.

Dori-Ryuu hasn't really shared anything about his tradition. I would recommend that he does, otherwise this topic is just going to get worse and I will take action against it. Dori -- go to sleep, and then come back, and be ready to respond honestly. I have a feeling that your 4 hours of sleep is affecting your temper even more than your spelling.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff