Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Music Artists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

A musician's guild! 

Tags: musicians, music, instruments, bands 

Reply The Music Artists Guild
Is rap music? Should rappers be allowed in this guild? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like rap?
  It's ok...
  <3 RAP!!! <3
  Ugh!! I hate rap!!!
View Results

Coffee Makes You Fat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:39 pm
evryone has there own opinion on rap and mine is that its nothing but talking in rymes. I have never herd them sing just talk! any body can do that. But! they are technacly writting songs so it dose deal with music ._.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:20 pm
i dont consider rappers musicians. it is just a guy talking about bein in the hood, taking drugs, getting hos, and being in a gang, then a guy uses a computer to make beats.

the results: to many people riding around with their bass and volume turned up to max making a bunch of crappy noise. that is all rap is: noise  

Kore124

NMetalFox

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:10 pm
train heartnet124
i dont consider rappers musicians. it is just a guy talking about bein in the hood, taking drugs, getting hos, and being in a gang, then a guy uses a computer to make beats.

the results: to many people riding around with their bass and volume turned up to max making a bunch of crappy noise. that is all rap is: noise

Then what do you consider Techno to be?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:26 pm
not really that much better. i can actually stand daft punk and dark materia  

Kore124

NMetalFox

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:25 am
Ever heard of The Crystal Method? Good Oldschool techno.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:24 pm
rap is an art and a way of expression. it can be beautiful, it cann be gross and crude. it really depends on the talent of the artist, and there style. its a matter of opinion and taste and no one can judge whether its art or not, or not allow them in the guild  

SkyBleedsBlu

Kore124

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:30 pm
some old school rap and techno isnt bad. i will go as far as to say that i like some songs by and daft punk dark materia. but most of this new rap is nothing but ghetto crap. (ex. flo rida, p diddy, snoop dog)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:42 pm
train heartnet124

the results: to many people riding around with their bass and volume turned up to max

I do that with alot of rock, usually metal or the heavier post-rock stuff lol bump the bass!

train heartnet124
not really that much better. i can actually stand daft punk and dark materia

Do me a favor and look up a song called "deeply disturbed" by Infected Mushroom and give it a listen. Sound simple?

Okay, now download Schism tracker or FL studio and try to make something remotely similar.

Programming the notes and effects doesn't mean lack of skill. Quite the opposite, programming a good song is a b***h compared to a garage jam.

Why do people think computers make thing easy for music??? It's like people imagine a machine with buttons that say "rap" or "techno" and you just push the button and make money.

Next thing you're gonna tell me is that scratching doesn't require any skill either..

train heartnet124
but most of this new rap is nothing but ghetto crap. (ex. flo rida, p diddy, snoop dog)

You don't seem very up to date for someone Judging the validity of someone elses art.  

Kaio-Leucitius

Kaio-Leucitius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:49 pm
Sorry if I've been a little aggressive but some of the closed minded stuff being posted here really gets to me. I love rap and the s**t being said here is an insult to every rapper out there. I shouldn't mind it much since alot of you guys are young and haven't really had as much time to listen and gather artistic influence but i'll leave you guys with a quote from a guy I know who goes by The Ugly Truth (Angry Men)

Quote:
I wanted to catch up; we haven’t talked in a while
She tilted her head slightly then paused, and smiled
That’s when the world stopped spinnin for a minute
And I saw the bright lights that glistened in the distance
I thought I might die if I missed it for an instant
She caught me by surprise; words drifted from her lips and then…
She spoke; and time snapped back into motion
She said that she was fine; then laughed like she’s joking
Cause she knew that she was lying; so tragic and hopeless
For we shared the same design; so damaged and broken

I couldn't write stuff like that no matter how hard i tried right now so I respect people that have developed style like this.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:08 pm
ok... maybe i am a little closed minded and not up to date... quit flaming me and get off my a**... we are all entitled to out opinions and that is mine...sorry if you dont like it
also i never hear rock that shakes my entire jeep. but the loud bass that has made my entire HOUSE shake as a car rides by is not my idea of an "art"... just noise... that is the only rap i hear i personaly it sucks to me.
thank you and quit with the flaming already... the forum asked my opinion and i gave it.  

Kore124

Nyanfood

Sparkly Lunatic

7,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:44 pm
I usually hate rap myself, but some of it is pretty interesting. It can be called a form of music, just because percussion exists. If you were listening to rap in a foreign language, it is almost similar to the idea of a rhythm on a drum. If percussion exists to be music, there is no reason rap shouldn't be music.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:36 pm
What do you define as music? What are your personal guidelines that make you open that shut mind of yours?  

Kaio-Leucitius

Nyanfood

Sparkly Lunatic

7,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:07 am
Loud Bass is noise, but Loud Bass is also a form of music playback. By turning off the bass, you rid yourself of eardrum annoyances, and it can become more appealing. It is not the fault of the original song-maker that the Bass was turned up, therefore the noise and annoyance is not always originally intended to be present.

Music is the combination relatively logical rhythmic and sound inflection components in an attempt to create an artistic audio piece that may or may not portray motifs other than its beauty. Just as I absolutely detest Picasso while others adore it, opinions on what music is varies from person to person depending on tolerance of the term 'logical'. Because Rap is based mainly on a rhythmic value, and tone comes with every vocal expression, it is rather safe to deem it to be 'music'.

I believe the question you are trying to answer is "Is rap GOOD music?", where the opinions are not confined into certain bounds of universal definitions.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:18 pm
seriously... my opinion isnt changing... i dont consider rap music... music is only music if the hearer thinks it is music... and i dont think rap is music  

Kore124

Kore124

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:22 pm
Music is the combination relatively logical rhythmic and sound inflection components in an attempt to create an artistic audio piece that may or may not portray motifs other than its beauty. Just as I absolutely detest Picasso while others adore it, opinions on what music is varies from person to person depending on tolerance of the term 'logical'. Because Rap is based mainly on a rhythmic value, and tone comes with every vocal expression, it is rather safe to deem it to be 'music'.

I believe the question you are trying to answer is "Is rap GOOD music?", where the opinions are not confined into certain bounds of universal definitions.

instruments dont mean music... and music doesnt mean instuments or a beat... music can be anything sound that a person thinks is music... think nature... almost every natural sound on earth can be considered music by someone... birds chirping... the sounds of rivers and forests... they can be music to some but not to others... its all an opinion  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff