Welcome to Gaia! ::

Coffee Stains & Crumpled Paper -- A Writers Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for writers of all kinds. 

Tags: writing, prose, poetry, writers, reading 

Reply Roleplay
Dragon Chronicles:Gods of War, and Times of Peace OPEN Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:46 pm
Delia listened to Longshot, but she couldn't drown out the morbid thoughts that kept cropping up in her mind. She would be getting a trainee outfit, one that she didn't know if she'll actually make it back to train in. When he finished she looked up at him, unable to kep her curiosity away.

"When will I be doing the last test?" Delia tried to make sure her voice didn't quaver, she had already that day proved that she was able to do what they asked of her. Really though, she had yet to fully convince herself.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:51 pm
Longshot held his left arm up, flicking the hatch on his ACU open. "Erm... as soon as Reaper gets here. Which is in an hour." He smiled, taking off his hat, revealing the same pointy ears as the guard back at the base. He was also wearing a pair of glasses. His hair was light brown, cut rather short, and he a warm and welcoming smile on his face. "You'll have a briefing, which will explain what the test is, who you'll be working with, and when you leave."  

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:03 pm
Delia smiled back at Longshot. She couldn't help but glance at his ears, so he was an Asanti. She thought back to what the Asanti guard at the base had siad to her, 'you'll fit right in here.' Delia could only hope.

"Thanks, I'd better, um, freshen up then." Sh said as she looked down at herself. Her clothes were filthy, stained and wet. Her trousers were ripped at one knee, she couldn't recall where that had happened, and they were soaked all the way up her calves. Her jacket was still covered in dust from the cement rubble of the cell, and she could feel bits of it caught in her hair. She nodded her head towards the room.

"You sure if I go in there I won't have to break out?" She said, only half joking.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:07 pm
Longshot smiled, pulling out his ID card. "If I locked the door, you couldn't get out. But, I can also lock any door on the ship, just by asking SAIC." He grinned, waved his hand in front of the door and it opened. "SAIC, please lock this door for me."
Slam!
"Now, unlock please." And it slid open again. "So you see, I can control anything and everything on the ship. It is MY Capital ship after all."

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:18 pm
"Your Capital ship? This is your behemoth?" Delia was suddenly struck by a feeling of insignificance, here she was rubbing elbows with the heads of the Shadow Corp, while she was hoping to become a minion at best. Delia took a sideways glance at the door.

"You wouldn't mind doing me one little favor would you? To, well, not do that while I'm in there. I won't go running off around the ship, and, um, I've really had enough with breaking out of places today." She smiled a bit at him.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:25 pm
Longshot grinned. "If you want to lock it, that's another story..." He fished around in his pocket, and pulled out a card. "This... is yours." He held it out to Delia, a picture of her on the front. "This card gives you the right to use and access any Shadow Corp base, allows the carrying, and lawful discharge of weapons on any Union planet, and basically makes you a cop." He grinned. "Also gives access to the Shadow Corp's Black Tower on Earth. You know, that really big, rather ugly looking thing in Glasgow. Why Jack decided to build it there, I'll never know."  

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:32 pm
How'd they already have a picture of me? Delia thought, though, she wasn't too surprised.

"I've never been to Glasgow, never even been to the UK. Though I have seen my fair share of large, ugly buildings." Delia took the card from him and inspected it. She said in a quieter voice, "You're telling me all of this like I'm already a part of the Shadow Corp." She tucked the card into one of her pockets. "I'd best go change, and clean up a bit, now. Thank you, for everything."  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:35 pm
"As far as I'm concerned, you are a part of us." He grinned, pulling his hat back on. "Just ask SAIC to call me if you have any questions, want a tour... or just need someone to grab a bite to eat with. We're all equals here." He bowed. "Good day mi'lady." With that, he turned and walked away, whistling a happy tune to himself.  

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:09 pm
Delia's grin grew as she walked inside the small room, Longshot's words heartened her. She closed the door behind her made her way to the bed in the center of the room. She looked at the clothes, and then turned to face herself in the mirror. She was right, filthy. Delie slipped out of her clothes and stepped into the shower, she turned on the water and let the heat work its way through her tense muscles. She washed her hair with the shampoo she found and rinsed the grim off of her body with some soap, some of the discolouration stayed though. There were some small bruises on her body, one big one on the underside of her wrist where she had broken through the ceiling of the cell.

Delia got out of the shower and dried herself off with a towel hanging from a hook on the wall. She quickly dressed in the new clothes, putting on the trousers in favor of the skirt. She walked over to the mirror and leaned in to get a good look at herself. Her wet hair hung limply around her face, it hung below her shoulders so she tied it back in a rough ponytail.

For the first time in over a year, Delia looked at herself without seeing just the mutation. She realized how much her ability had helped her that day. She smiled and it reached both of her eyes, brown, and black.

She walked to the door of her room and stepped just outside before flipping open the computer screen at her wrist. "SAIC, umm, could you call Longshot for me?" She asked, not really sure if she was doing it right. Something to eat seemed perfect at that moment.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:15 pm
"Of course ma'am." SAIC's high voice buzzed in Delia's ear. As soon as she had put on the ACU, it had injected her with nanites. They would moniter her, and allow easy communication without the need for earpieces or micraphones. "If I may just say ma'am, if you wish to contact me, either tap just behind your ear and talk, or simply call out my name. Connecting to Delta-00 now."

Bttz. A little static, and then Longshot's voice rang out. "Longshot here, what can I do for ya Delia?"

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:23 pm
Delia jumped at the sound of the voice in her ear, involuntarily bringing a hand up to her head. She felt a bit silly afterwards as Longshots voice came through.

"I was thinking of taking up your offer of getting something to eat, and I, well, have a few questions, too." It felt odd to seemingly be talking to nothing, as she was alone in the hallway.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:31 pm
"Something to eat? Alright. SAIC, please guide Delia to the mess hall."
"Of course Longshot. If you would please follow the blue lights on the floor Delia, I will lead you right there."
SAIC's voice cut, she sounded rather happy, for a computer at least.
"Well Delia, I'll see you there. Oh, and I'll be happy to answer any question, but there may be a few things I CAN'T answer. Right... well, see you there. Longshot hung up, and a line of blue lights appear at Delia's feet, leading away down the hall. "Also, you are the only one that can see the line Delia, just to let you know."

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:42 pm
Delia looked own at the blue line on the floor and started following it. It led her quite a ways down the hall, and then turned just enough times to make sure she was perfectly lost. It stopped at the entrance to the cafeteria, Delia knew from the sign on the door, and once she stepped past it the line disappeared.

The cafeteria was a large room and it was filled with people. The smell of food made Delia's mouth water and stomach rumble, but she kept herself from making a run for the food to look around for Longshot.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:46 pm
"Boo." Longshot was grinning, his head on Delia's shoulder. "Hey hey. Hungry? This place does some awesome food. From all over the Union. They just started giving out something that Reaper called... haggis. He said a few of the humans had bee asking for it, although, I find it rather repulsive." He made a face, before he bursting into laughter again. "Anyway..." He stepped around Delia, walking backwards. "Find this place easy enough? And did SAIC treat you nice?"  

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:56 pm
Delia couldn't help but jump a bit at Longshot's greeting.

"Haggis, really? I've heard of it, never want to try it though." Delia made a face as she remebered when she had first learned what haggis was. "This place is easy enough, as long as I've got SAIC to help me find my way. I don't think I can remember the way back from here..." Delia walked forward with Longshot, trying to remember the way she had taken to get here. "Is it possible for a computer to sound so nice that you think it's mocking you?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff