Is Abortion Okay??
  Yes
  No
  Maybe
View Results

Xx_Smexi_Dino_xX

Wheezing Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:43 pm
We all know abortion is talking a life away, yes.

But I honestly dont fully accept it.

If it was for medical purposes/rape I agree
And It would have to be within the first few weeks.
it would be wrong if you did it in lets say the third month...

but In my opinion. If your a teen and you get pregnant when not using protection its your fault. (dont mean to offend)

But if you DO get pregnant and you cant care for it / dont think your ready.
Adoption is an option, Open or not there could be a family out their that cannot have kids and really would like one.

I know not all people are for adoption, I understand that completely. But it's your choice what you do with your body. Not mine.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:06 pm
I honestly think abortion is wrong. I would feel horrible about taking away a life that was developing through me and cutting it short because I decided to be selfish.
But that's just how I feel

If you get raped...still have the kid, but if you don't want it go find some onewho does..  

BijutsuHime

5,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Sora Nightwhisper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:34 pm
I'm asked this all the time, and finally I just started answering, "I'm pro-choice because I don't want a bunch of rich, white, republican men deciding when I have children." Not 100% accurate, I know, but it gets the point across.

However, I don't think a women should be irresponsible and get abortions every time she gets pregnant. If you're in a healthy, secure situation to raise a child I think you should keep the baby.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:45 pm
I'm all for abortion. Not as a measn for birth control for those stupid twats out there. Accidents happen, but not several times in a row. =3=
That being said, I am against girls having the baby only to throw it into foster care until it can be adopted. There are to many kids as it is, floating around in the system. Plus do any of you even effing realize what having a baby is like? It's like ******** shitting a pumpkin out of your v****a! Does that sound like a ******** joyful miracle to you? It sure as ******** does not to me! So why in hell would you go through all of that for something you're only going to throw away?  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

Cinna Feather

Shirtless Lover

5,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:49 am
I'm for aborition, but it should not be used for women or girls who regularly get pregnant and have abortions (-_-; For those people, they might need some sex ed lessons)

I had a discussion in my parenting class about this when I was in highschool.
I can see why some people are against abortion, and some people are for abortion.

But I personally think that if you can't be fully ready for a child (emotionally, physically and finacially), then you shouldn't have it.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:09 pm
eccentricanomaly
I'm for abortion, especially if you're a teen. Teens aren't ready to raise kids. It should be the woman's choice.

I don't think it's right for a kid to grow up knowing that he or she was a mistake. I don't think it's right for someone who was raped to have to deal with pregnancy.

My sister got pregnant when she was sixteen and had her baby when she was seventeen. She couldn't go to college or anything. She was really smart, too. (She won first place in states for science fair her first year, and second place in states the second year.) I don't want my life to be screwed up because of a baby that I didn't want. Although, I don't really plan on having sex or falling in love, or any of that.

If I found out I was pregnant right now, I would get an abortion, which is strage, because I have a really hard time squishing bugs.
User Image

This.
Plus I also don't believe it's a life yet, so I don't see it as "taking a life"
And I know some of you are thinking adoption then, but there are enough kids in shelters if you ask me, but that's just my opinion.

momo-ai13

Rainbow Worshipper

30,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

BarnOwl6-5

Unbeatable Pirate

9,825 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:43 am
momo-ai13
eccentricanomaly
I'm for abortion, especially if you're a teen. Teens aren't ready to raise kids. It should be the woman's choice.

I don't think it's right for a kid to grow up knowing that he or she was a mistake. I don't think it's right for someone who was raped to have to deal with pregnancy.

My sister got pregnant when she was sixteen and had her baby when she was seventeen. She couldn't go to college or anything. She was really smart, too. (She won first place in states for science fair her first year, and second place in states the second year.) I don't want my life to be screwed up because of a baby that I didn't want. Although, I don't really plan on having sex or falling in love, or any of that.

If I found out I was pregnant right now, I would get an abortion, which is strage, because I have a really hard time squishing bugs.
User Image

This.
Plus I also don't believe it's a life yet, so I don't see it as "taking a life"
And I know some of you are thinking adoption then, but there are enough kids in shelters if you ask me, but that's just my opinion.

Thank you. I agree with everything said here. I don't support abortion as a means for birth control among grown woman, but I believe they should be allowed to make that choice if they want to. There's nothing sadder than growing up knowing that your mother never wanted you.
And besides, teen pregnancy is on the rise (if I remember right) and not allowing abortion is a violation against right of privacy and even maybe religious freedom.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:33 am
Abortion is taking away a human life. It is allowing the parent to take away the life of their child. Although if children's rights aren't going to get you to see the harm, maybe the effects on women will.

Women have a lower chance of concieving a child if they have had an abortion previously. Severe depression can kick in any time from immediately or distantly following the abortion. This depression leads to the women harming themselves because they are so hurt for what they have done to themselves, and to their child.
We should want better for our women than that.

I would site sources, but pro-choicers tend to neglect any information if it comes from a pro-life website, like any pro-choice site is going to publish about the potential harm abortion has on women.  

MadamoiselleMorganne

babyboo17forever

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:57 am
I am completely against abortion. Sometimes it can be okay, like if you were raped but even if that did happen there is always adoption. Adaption can help a lot of parents that are not able to have children.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:15 pm
I think too many people make too big of a deal over it. I personally support abortion. Of course I also support the death penalty... S:  

veils of silk and gold

Profitable Entrepreneur

4,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Poke Duckie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:57 pm
For me, I'm not for it nor against it. For me, it depends on the situation. For example, if a woman has to have a abortion due to medical complications or risk of her own help, then yes, I'm for it. If a young girl who ignored the risk of having unprotected sex and wishes to get an abortion just so she doesn't have to deal with the baby, then no, I don't support it.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:17 pm
I'm pro-choice all the way.

I think a woman should have rule over her own body, for goodness sakes! In my opinion life does not begin at conception. The false information provided by propaganda pro-life groups upset me, they show pictures of dumpsters full of dead babies and fetuses that are "12 weeks old" that really are much more mature than that! I also just really hate the stigmatization and dumb assumption that girls will use abortion as a birth control go-to. Don't you get it? That would be a last resort. The stigmatization is really rude too! Also the "give it up for adoption" option is really shoddy. Do you really think someone wants to put a child through foster homes? Foster parents can be very loving, but the transient nature can very easily be upsetting. That can be miserable and quite frankly the foster care system in America is pretty suckish and overpopulated from my sources.

I think it honestly boils down to what you consider a human life.  

Labtech Abi

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:01 am
User Image

Oh, boy.... This again..... Shall I count the ways I'm pro-choice?

1) Pro-life means you do not want an abortion in any situation. That means rape, incest, or potential harm to mother's life. You also don't believe in a lot of things, like death penalty, but that's besides the fact.

2) The adoption thing can really backfire. My friend's father was adopted and wasn't really accepted in the family. Yes, he grew up successful compared to his siblings, but there was some tension in the family. Do you think a child should grow up that way?

3) The risks. That is probably the one excuse that has some credibility to it. Note the word some. Abortion is a procedure, and like any medical procedure, it has risks. That doesn't mean we should ban it to help protect lives of women. Heck, there were risks when they were removing a screw that came out of place in my knee!

4) "But it's a potential life!" some may say. You know what? I see it that every egg is technically a potential life. Should we charge every woman that has a period with murder? No. Plus, I can't for the life remember where I heard it, but I heard that not every time a fertilized egg gets attached to the wall of the uterus. So, it just comes out with the period. No clue if it's true, but that's what I heard. Please take that fact with a grain of salt.

5) You have to think about the situation the parent's are in. When my mom was pregnant with me (she was 42), there was a high risk of some kind of defect due to her's and my dad's age. They decided that if there was something seriously wrong with me, she would have an abortion because they were getting too old to really take care of a kid, let alone a baby that had special needs. You might think, "adoption", and I'm not going to go back to my second point this time. Let's think about it, if you were looking to adopt a kid and you had a choice between a healthy child or a child with special needs, who will you choose? Honestly. Mind you, you might have to change how you live to suit the kid. Would you have the heart to send the kid who cannot change as easily as a personality change? Just think about it.

6) So, let's say you take precautions, like a condom. You would think that you won't get pregnant. That is where you're wrong. Condoms are not 100% fool proof, same with spermicide. The only way that is 100% fool proof is to not have sex. Yes, you should still use protection, but there is still a chance of pregnancy.

7) The whole "it's a life" thing seems more of a religious argument. So, in a way, you're shoving your religious beliefs onto other people who may not believe in what you believe in. That is generally a no-no. I could go into a whole discussion on religion and why I don't believe in organized religion (but I do believe in a higher power, I just don't like to attach the term "God"), but then this post would be huge and I think I ranted on long enough.

I think there are a few more, but I'm half asleep and I can't recall anymore.

Post style by PhallenPixie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:30 pm
Personally, I think its barbaric to force a pregnancy on a woman. Pregnancy takes a heavy toll on a woman's body and can be damaging. Forcing a woman to carry a fetus to term is more unethical than scrapping out an unwanted cluster of cells growing in a woman's uterus. Even if Abortion was outlawed, that's not going to stop it from happening. Back ally abortions have a high chance for a woman to get infections and not only does the fetus lose its life, so will the woman. For those who are against it, try to at least view it as a necessary evil.  

Mord Alushar

RiriAngelmirror

Distinct Seeker

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:16 pm
What is the definition of a "Life" and what IS considered a "Human".

In the end, this debate will end up like the Evolution vs Creation debate: completely side-winded and controversial. Here are the major points of Pro-Life and Pro-Choice
- http://womensissues.about.com/od/reproductiverights/a/AbortionArgumen.htm
Many points come up in the abortion debate. Here's a look at abortion from both sides - 10 arguments for abortion and 10 arguments against abortion - for a total of 20 statements that represent a range of topics as seen from both sides.
Pro-Life - 10 Arguments Against Abortion
1. Since life begins at conception, abortion is akin to murder as it is the act of taking human life. Abortion is in direct defiance of the commonly accepted idea of the sanctity of human life
2. No civilized society permits one human to intentionally harm or take the life of another human without punishment, and abortion is no different.
3. Adoption is a viable alternative to abortion and accomplishes the same result. And with 1.5 million American families wanting to adopt a child, there is no such thing as an unwanted child.
4. An abortion can result in medical complications later in life; the risk of ectopic pregnancies doubles, and the chance of a miscarriage and pelvic inflammatory disease also increases.
5. In the instance of rape and incest, proper medical care can ensure that a woman will not get pregnant. Abortion punishes the unborn child who committed no crime; instead, it is the perpetrator who should be punished.
6. Abortion should not be used as another form of contraception.
7. For women who demand complete control of their body, control should include preventing the risk of unwanted pregnancy through the responsible use of contraception or, if that is not possible, through abstinence.
8. Many Americans who pay taxes are opposed to abortion; therefore it's morally wrong to use tax dollars to fund abortion.
9. Those who choose abortions are often minors or young women with insufficient life experience to understand fully what they are doing. Many have lifelong regrets afterwards.
10. Abortion frequently causes intense psychological pain and stress.
Pro-Choice - 10 Arguments For Abortion
1. Nearly all abortions take place in the first trimester, when a fetus cannot exist independent of the mother. As it is attached by the placenta and umbilical cord, its health is dependent on her health, and cannot be regarded as a separate entity as it cannot exist outside her womb.
2. The concept of personhood is different from the concept of human life. Human life occurs at conception, but fertilized eggs used for in vitro fertilization are also human lives and those not implanted are routinely thrown away. Is this murder, and if not, then how is abortion murder?
3. Adoption is not an alternative to abortion, because it remains the woman's choice whether or not to give her child up for adoption. Statistics show that very few women who give birth choose to give up their babies - less than 3% of white unmarried women and less than 2% of black unmarried women.
4. Abortion is a safe medical procedure. The vast majority of women - 88% - who have an abortion do so in their first trimester. Medical abortions have less than 0.5% risk of serious complications and do not affect a woman's health or future ability to become pregnant or give birth.
5. In the case of rape or incest, forcing a woman made pregnant by this violent act would cause further psychological harm to the victim. Often a woman is too afraid to speak up or is unaware she is pregnant, thus the morning after pill is ineffective in these situations.
6. Abortion is not used as a form of contraception. Pregnancy can occur even with responsible contraceptive use. Only 8% of women who have abortions do not use any form of birth control, and that is due more to individual carelessness than to the availability of abortion.
7. The ability of a woman to have control of her body is critical to civil rights. Take away her reproductive choice and you step onto a slippery slope. If the government can force a woman to continue a pregnancy, what about forcing a woman to use contraception or undergo sterilization?
8. Taxpayer dollars are used to enable poor women to access the same medical services as rich women, and abortion is one of these services. Funding abortion is no different from funding a war in the Mideast. For those who are opposed, the place to express outrage is in the voting booth.
9. Teenagers who become mothers have grim prospects for the future. They are much more likely to leave of school; receive inadequate prenatal care; rely on public assistance to raise a child; develop health problems; or end up divorced.
10. Like any other difficult situation, abortion creates stress. Yet the American Psychological Association found that stress was greatest prior to an abortion, and that there was no evidence of post-abortion syndrome.  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff