Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
What do I do with the food I give to spirits? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:39 pm
younameme qwerty
Isn't this just like leaving cookies and milk for Santa?

Generally, I don't find that my mother comes to my home and eat the stuff I leave for the Spirits, so I'm going to have to go with a resounding "no" on that.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:16 am
Celeblin Galadeneryn
PhantomPhoenix0
TeaDidikai
Best Asatru food offering I have ever been party to:

Slice the throat of the pig, letting the blood spill onto the earth with a sanctifying prayer. Roast the pig. Offer the spirit of the pig. Wait ten minutes. Have people bring their plates with other good food stuffs and get a piece of roasted pig. When all is said and done, drunk Asatru men in kilts place pig head on spear and dance around the camp. Watch the vegans scream bloody murder.

To be honest- I couldn't tell you what part of that was my favorite. twisted

eek I need to meet these people (the dancing Asatru, not the Vegans).
I think we all do.

We're gathering in Washington State in July. twisted  

TeaDidikai

Zercia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:20 pm
What I have done is put it outside the food and put the wine or other inside. The food could also feed the animals that the Gods or Goddess feel need it more. Drunk house Bogits can be fun when you hear the little bums in the walls.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Zercia
What I have done is put it outside the food and put the wine or other inside. The food could also feed the animals that the Gods or Goddess feel need it more. Drunk house Bogits can be fun when you hear the little bums in the walls.
Where are you living that you have Celtic spirits living in your walls?  

TeaDidikai

Zercia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:37 pm
TeaDidikai
Zercia
Where are you living that you have Celtic spirits living in your walls?

Canada it was just something we called them it could be ghost but they are more playful. I had 9 of them and they play with the cat. Move things around the house to just bug me. Nothing bad one year I did yell at them for picky out this piece of page out of the trash a few times. It stop after that.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:42 pm
Zercia
Canada it was just something we called them it could be ghost but they are more playful. I had 9 of them and they play with the cat. Move things around the house to just bug me. Nothing bad one year I did yell at them for picky out this piece of page out of the trash a few times. It stop after that.
Ah...
Any specific reason you think it's spirits and not, say the cats being cats, other animals etc?

Was there a specific reason you opted to take a name from the Celts to call them by?  

TeaDidikai

Zercia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:51 pm
TeaDidikai

Any specific reason you think it's spirits and not, say the cats being cats, other animals etc?

Was there a specific reason you opted to take a name from the Celts to call them by?

I really don't know for sure what the really were all I do knowm is that they are harmless. My little cat is cute when she plays she is cute. I did have a friend call them that and she was into the Celts beilef. I just kepted it. I did long time ago met a ghost that is another story. It was my sisters house and I was house sitting. She had a rabbit at the time so I had to got there everyday. It was cold in that house soo cold a bone cold. One day when I was leaving right behide me I heard bye. I looked around and then at the rabbit and said bye to the rabbit. That was when I ran out of the house. That was just the beginning of that tale.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:54 pm
*beats fists against head* Tears. Tears and Mr. Dark and GRAMMAR.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:55 pm
Zercia

I really don't know for sure what the really were all I do knowm is that they are harmless.
Then you called them by the wrong name. Boggarts are lots of things- but harmless isn't on the list.
Quote:

I did have a friend call them that and she was into the Celts beilef.
Was she a Celt?
Quote:
I did long time ago met a ghost that is another story. It was my sisters house and I was house sitting. She had a rabbit at the time so I had to got there everyday. It was cold in that house soo cold a bone cold. One day when I was leaving right behide me I heard bye. I looked around and then at the rabbit and said bye to the rabbit. That was when I ran out of the house. That was just the beginning of that tale.
That could have also been a hinge.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:56 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
*beats fists against head* Tears. Tears and Mr. Dark and GRAMMAR.
Deep breath.  

TeaDidikai

Zercia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:12 pm
[quote="TeaDidikaiThen you called them by the wrong name. Boggarts are lots of things- but harmless isn't on the list

Thank you for telling me

Quote:

Was she a Celt?.

No she was more into Isis Egypt.

Quote:
That could have also been a hinge.

It did throw things around the house and talked to my sister. Just before my sister's child was born it disppeared. It did go into my dreams I doing that I learned. That thing called lucid dreaming where I knew I was dreaming. Able to change things and stuff took work but it was interesting.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:18 pm
Zercia
Thank you for telling me
Welcome. Just as a rule of thumb, be careful about cultural appropriation and the Celts.

Quote:
No she was more into Isis Egypt.
That seems... unethical.

Quote:

It did throw things around the house and talked to my sister. Just before my sister's child was born it disppeared. It did go into my dreams I doing that I learned. That thing called lucid dreaming where I knew I was dreaming. Able to change things and stuff took work but it was interesting.
How do you know that it wasn't a mis-perception on your part? What things did it throw? How far? How heavy?  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:19 pm
Zercia, the spirits and Otherlings of the traditions of the world are not yours or your friends to co-opt. I recommend that unless you actually know what you're talking about when it comes to ethnicities which are closed to outsiders that you refrain from using their terms.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:27 pm
TeaDidikai

How do you know that it wasn't a mis-perception on your part? What things did it throw? How far? How heavy?

It was blankets she had two beds at the time. The bed she didn't sleep in had the blankets thrown across the room. She said it was like it was answering a phone and stuff. We both heard the voice at different times eventhough no one was there. When the people up stairs returned from Gremany. THe wife and my sister both talked about the odd things in the house. I sister did end up moving the thing was no harmful. The bone cold was the biggest thing in the place. Only place I ever had that.  

Zercia

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:29 pm
Could have been an air circulation problem.

For the blankets- she could be pulling your leg. Did you ever see the things move on their own?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff