Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Legion of Helpers
Main Board Chat Thread {Chatter Box} Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:40 pm
I'm one of those rare types of Roleplayers. That actually got most of there experience. From actual acting. My post length stays around two-hundred and fifty characters at least. I can go up to around twenty paragraphs in one sitting. If I'm feeling up to it. Though I only use my A game. In roleplays where there are Semi-Literate Roleplayers or higher. I also don't believe in the whole "advanced Literate" concept. The people in those advanced literate roleplays. Were at the Literate roleplaying level not above. Those that are actually above that level. Don't even bother to put special tags on themselves.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:55 am
Reading books also help, btw. 3nodding From the characters in the books, you'll be able to develop more complex characters and personalities, and learn how to get really into your character. If you're just starting out, perhaps it's better to make a character with a personality similar to you. Some people thinks that it's easier to get in-character that way. xD  

Luneatha

Devoted Loverboy

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:33 pm
Well, there was a great writer. That once said, "the best characters are those that we find in ourselves".

A few tricks that are guaranteed to improve your Roleplaying posts.

When you make a post. Make sure to include more than what your character is seeing or thinking. Almost all Literate posts. Include at least two of the senses. Seeing, Hearing, Scent, Feel and Thought.

Also, there is no such thing as a Roleplayer. That just has "writers block". When every post is just a few sentences long.

Proof Reading, is another trick you can use. That will improve your posts. This is when, after you are done with a post. You reread the thing. Checking for Spelling, Grammatical and anything you think you need to add or delete from the post.

Also, don't just spend a minute on a post. That's just lazy. Especially when the other guy. Is sitting there typing out posts. Like this topic on a regular basis.

Also, the "I don't have time" argument doesn't hold water. In order for a solid Roleplay to actually proceed. It requires at least two people to post. Anyone regardless of there schedules. Have twenty minutes or less to make a post in a Roleplay. Twenty minutes is about how long it takes to make a sizable post and proof read the thing. You should make a note to post at least once a day. So you don't hold up the Roleplay

Also, avoid any and all Roleplays. That have a number of people on there blacklist. This just means the one running the thread is EMO. Yes I just used the term Emo. It means emotionally unstable in my vocabulary. There are a number of people out there. That ruin creative writing for people. Trying to "improve" there ability to write in a literate way. On the flip side. There are also a number of people that can't write. That are too defensive to learn. If someone is trying to give you some tips. On how to Roleplay. Don't get all defensive. If they are offending you. Speak up for yourself.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:14 pm
i agree, although i consider my skills as a roleplayer only to be average at best. sweatdrop  

Shizuma Sama Etoile

700 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Luneatha

Devoted Loverboy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:41 am
Well most people start out as average, but you'll get better over time. wink I also find that when I don't RP for some time, it gets harder to write, so the more you RP and write the easier and more natural it will be to you. 3nodding That's how it is to me though. xD So how's your RP going?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:39 am
mine? ninja  

Shizuma Sama Etoile

700 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Luneatha

Devoted Loverboy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:17 am
Yes, of course! xd  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:50 am
lol, well i turned my rp guild into a hangout guild. i did it because i wanted to appeal to a larger group of people! 4laugh  

Shizuma Sama Etoile

700 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Blind Hodd
Crew

Aekea Champion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:15 am
sup people?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:44 pm
Holy crap I still have this account...I haven't been on in god knows how long o.o And yet....I'm still poor as hell, ha.  

Repressed Memories

Blind Hodd
Crew

Aekea Champion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:40 pm
it happens to the best of us, welcome back and sorry for the mess, were working on it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:45 pm
Haha, no worries. Haven't been on in a year or two, so I haven't had the pleasure to meet you yet. Good to see my favorite guild is still up and running <3  

Repressed Memories

Blind Hodd
Crew

Aekea Champion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:54 pm
eh, wot? i've seen you around. corse chances are those may have been old posts but i think i've been here something like 3 or so years.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:58 pm
Well it could be your avatar hehe. I don't pay much attention to names =P But yes, you probably have see me around because I used to be a mod before I went inactive and I was in almost every RP lol.  

Repressed Memories

Blind Hodd
Crew

Aekea Champion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:02 pm
well i did change often before i settled on the home fashion of "flower child".  
Legion of Helpers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff