Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
This is a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:05 am
Recursive Paradox
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox
Celeblin Galadeneryn
saint dreya
where the heck did Tvaan come from? i read the website, but am still clueless.
Cyrus the Great made it as something to pawn off on fluffy 'Wiccans' because it looks unique, and sounds cool, which is the only reasons why fluffs call themselves Wiccan anyways.

It started as a discussion between a few people, but Cyrus coined the term.

Wait... what?
What what?

I'm just trying to wrap my mind around the fact that people built a religion out of Cyrus' half joke and half "get the fluffies to leave Wicca alone" idea. But mostly I'm marveling at the fact that Cyrus may have just saved Wicca from culture rape for a very long time.

o_O

Good show, man. Wow.

My head can barely fit through my doors as it is guys gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:34 am
Cyrus the Elder
Recursive Paradox
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox
Celeblin Galadeneryn
saint dreya
where the heck did Tvaan come from? i read the website, but am still clueless.
Cyrus the Great made it as something to pawn off on fluffy 'Wiccans' because it looks unique, and sounds cool, which is the only reasons why fluffs call themselves Wiccan anyways.

It started as a discussion between a few people, but Cyrus coined the term.

Wait... what?
What what?

I'm just trying to wrap my mind around the fact that people built a religion out of Cyrus' half joke and half "get the fluffies to leave Wicca alone" idea. But mostly I'm marveling at the fact that Cyrus may have just saved Wicca from culture rape for a very long time.

o_O

Good show, man. Wow.

My head can barely fit through my doors as it is guys gonk

All hail Cyrus, prophet of Tvaan! xp  

Adalyna

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:59 am
Isn't this a bit of counting chickens before they hatch?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:17 am
TeaDidikai

I actually agree with you there. I never expected it to even be used more than once to be completely honest sweatdrop  

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Adalyna

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:27 am
Cyrus the Elder
TeaDidikai

I actually agree with you there. I never expected it to even be used more than once to be completely honest sweatdrop

I mostly just find it amusing, I mean come on, they've got a little website going, its kinda fun to watch and see how big it gets razz  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:38 pm
Asahi Sara
Cyrus the Elder
TeaDidikai

I mostly just find it amusing, I mean come on, they've got a little website going, its kinda fun to watch and see how big it gets razz
Can't say I enjoy it that much.

Makes my teeth itch.  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:40 pm
TeaDidikai
Asahi Sara
Cyrus the Elder
TeaDidikai

Can't say I enjoy it that much.

Makes my teeth itch.

Storm's a coming.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:53 pm
what is Tvaan?

what is a thoughtform?

aoijea23487

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:21 pm
Toasty Marshmallow
what is Tvaan?

what is a thoughtform?

Thoughtforms are creatures generated by the design of mortals, individually or as a group.

Tvaan was a title made in jest to mock folks who think they are of the Wica but aren't, and then was turned into a jumping off point for seekers- somewhat unsuccessfully.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:19 am
TeaDidikai
Toasty Marshmallow
what is a thoughtform?

Thoughtforms are creatures generated by the design of mortals, individually or as a group.

Does Santa Claus count? I mean, the jolly, slightly chubby version of him that you find in Coca Cola commercials.  

Maze

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:29 am
Maze
TeaDidikai
Toasty Marshmallow
what is a thoughtform?

Does Santa Claus count? I mean, the jolly, slightly chubby version of him that you find in Coca Cola commercials.
Yep.

Tsuzuki even knows of some Chaos Magicians who treat him as a god.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:26 am
I consider the "rise of Tavaan" a charming idea if it helps those who follow the works of Cunningham and whovever else's non-Wicca. Think about it, how many arguments with fluff buckets clamiming to be Wiccans get to the point of "your path is valid, it's just not Wicca." For some reason, a lot of people need a title of some sort to feel valid.

As fo Santa being a thought form, Ho, Ho, Ho! twisted  

RubyLight

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:39 am
RubyLight
I consider the "rise of Tavaan" a charming idea if it helps those who follow the works of Cunningham and whovever else's non-Wicca. Think about it, how many arguments with fluff buckets clamiming to be Wiccans get to the point of "your path is valid, it's just not Wicca." For some reason, a lot of people need a title of some sort to feel valid.
Didn't Charity point out that Cunningham's book was Standing Stone Trad?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:08 am
I found this in the book I'm reading, I wanted to ask what the guild thought of this terminology.
T. Thorn Coyle

A Witch begins with intuition, and the Magician with intellect, so though both practice the art and science of magic, the Witch relies more heavily upon the art, and the Magician upon the science.

would anyone in the guild hold this to be true? I know there are some people that feel there's nothing scientific about magic, but for the sake of argument, would this be a rough understanding of the difference between the terms Witch and Magician? Is there a difference between these terms? Thanks for the help!  

Adalyna

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:17 am
Asahi Sara
I found this in the book I'm reading, I wanted to ask what the guild thought of this terminology.
T. Thorn Coyle

A Witch begins with intuition, and the Magician with intellect, so though both practice the art and science of magic, the Witch relies more heavily upon the art, and the Magician upon the science.

would anyone in the guild hold this to be true? I know there are some people that feel there's nothing scientific about magic, but for the sake of argument, would this be a rough understanding of the difference between the terms Witch and Magician? Is there a difference between these terms? Thanks for the help!
This turn of phrase is most applicable in generic Neo-paganism. It largely references the roles as played out in Tarot and it's application to the Kabalistic Tree of Life and Aleister Crowley's definition of magic.

My personal reaction is to call it an appeal to authority though.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff