Reply Announcements
~Introductions~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RyRhymed

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:57 am
Hello, everybody! I'm Ryan and I'm 22 years old. I am finishing up my senior year in college (graduating in August!) and will be pursuing my MFA in Creative Writing with a focus on poetry. I've been keeping a blog of my poetry, which I'd love for you all to check out! I'm just happy to have found a new group of writers and I hope to make great friends! smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:10 pm
User Image

My name is Julia, but my pen name is Holly Wood. I never go by that, but since this is a writer's guild I guess you can just call me that. ^^ I'm 15 and I'm really into psychological fiction-reading and writing. It doesn't seem like there's enough of it. I can't stand happy endings, and I'm currently lurking around for a decent book that ends sadly.

The Original Jbird

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150

Chaos Spring

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:45 pm
User Image

Hello hello :]
About Me :: I'm Chaos. Ashlee. I was called hey-you for a while. I'm tall, too tall for me personally, 16 years old and a brunette. That's all you need to know unless you want my Myspace/Facebook. Writing is a serious career option for me but I have goals and no time for the slow paydays that a writer's life in. Am I ambitious? Maybe.
I'm a Junior in Rogers High School - Class of 2011 all the way!!- and I've been writing poetry since I figured out that words could rhyme. So my Mother Goose stage really. I hate it when people don't type out their words, use improper English or some of their words, simple words, are spelled wrong.
I write a lot of things: Poetry, Short stories, lullabies, role plays, I love writing realistic fiction.
My favorite authors of all time are...well a lot: Sarah Dessen, Anne Rice, Edgar Allen Poe, Robert Frost, Anne Godberson and James Rollins.
Right now I'm trying to write a book, realistic fiction. Its a novel and, don't shoot me here, kind of cliche'. I really can't figure out where I'm going with it though. Its mostly about an emotionally abused boy, a girl who cares too much and the girl's friends who would kill for her. Cliche. I know. Don't kill me. Its a start.
I have many things I want to be post-high school and the list is long but hopefully I'll get a pretty good idea of it before school starts. :]

Any questions? I try to get on every other day to at least three times a week so send me a PM, IM, or whatever if you want to talk.

xoxoxo
Chaos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:17 pm
Greetings everyone.

First of all I would like to thank the moderator for accepting me. I'm sure I will very much enjoy being a part of your guild smile

Well, I am a 24 year old writer from New Zealand. If you Don't know where that is, it's not far from Australia. I write mainly Poetry but I do delve a little in Novel and Script writing.

I hope I make some good friends here, if you want to chat about writing or just anything really, feel free to PM me smile

Cheers everyone!
Write On!  

insomnia_angel

8,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200

Rough-Edged Raconteur

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:26 am
Good morning to you all, my friends, my faith has been restored!

To me, it seemed, that good RP, was left in days of yore.

But it is clear, once en'tring, you offer this and more,

So I thank thee, Stelle Cadenti, for opening your door,

And letting in my quill and pen, now and forevermore.

Good morning to you all! I is a pleasure to be acquainted and I'd like to say that it is also a pleasure to be here. My name is Jacob Brandfas, and I one day aspire to be an author, among many other things. I am eighteen years old and live in Washington state in the U.S.

I haven't been getting on Gaia recently do to a severe lack of enjoyable people to hang out with, but upon finding the guild, I will certainly be logging on much more often.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:32 pm
Aloha! My username is tsubasakitten, but you can call me TK. If you want to know a little more about me, I've provided info in the "About Me" section on my profile.
I love to write fictional stories and random poetry. I'm 15 and I sometimes have a hard time getting onto Gaia, or even onto the computer. When I have an idea for a story, and I have a lot of them, I'll try and come to this guild and ask other people their opinions about it. I hope that I do not offend anyone in this Guild.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

~TK~  

tsubasakitten

Toikey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:53 am
Hello Chickies and Chappies!
I won't give my real name, because it's stupid sounding, or my age, because it's irrelevant.
I'm very British, very English, and, naturally, fairly eccentric.
I like writing anything that's either incredibly trivial or part of history. By that, I mean set in another era with frivolous clothes and fancy people. Or fancy clothes and frivolous people. Either will do me good.
I especially like the Victorians. And the Georgians.
I think most people are quite boring, and therefore try to make my characters as interesting as reality will allow, and language I would consider my forte. (That last word requires an accent I can't be bothered to find)
Some of my favourite authors include Stephen Fry, Oscar Wilde, P.G. Wodehouse, Evelyn Waugh and Douglas Adams.
My favourite movie ever is Edward Scissorhands, because Tim Burton is a bloody genius.
I have my negatives too: (Assuming you don't believe the points listed above could be considered negatives)
I'm a criminal procrastinator, and relish more in coming up with ideas than executing them properly.
I'm a notorious grammar nazi.
I really don't read enough.
And I can come off as a bit of a Tosser.
But not to worry; I like to chat, so don't trust anything I've written here and perhaps just try and figure me out yourself =D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:40 pm
The name is Spunk and I'm a young aspiring author. It is a simple sentense, but I assure you that I take this guild and my writing very seriously. I am currently working on a fantasy book series entitled Mercy, and soon I hope to start sending out query letters.  

SpunkMonkey

Alanora Calaran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:02 pm
Hello everyone! I'm Nora, though you can call me Colleen if you want. I am a 25-year-old college student and aspiring novelist. I am currently a year away from finishing a Bachelor of Arts in Music degree from Michigan State University (with a specialty in voice; I'm a singer).

I have completed one novel to date. It is the first of what I am fondly beginning to call the Twin Worlds Trilogy. I am hoping to get it polished up soon and sent out for the possibility of publication. SpunkMonkey is my little sister and my muse; somehow whenever I talk to her I get inspired. So talk to her. Maybe you'll get inspired too. Whoo-hoo!

I really love to help others and enjoy receiving criticism for my pieces, and I hope to be a good addition to this guild.
3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:37 pm
I suppose I ought to give a short bit 'bout myself here. My name is Jake, commonly known as Jarbl or Jacques-lad. I do enjoy giving and receiving bitey criticism. You may find that most of my content is somehow mystically-based or woodland-based. To sound as pompous as possible, I am a beautiful man, adored by all who know me, and despite almost 90% french heritage, look and sound like a Scot of the most stereotypical William Wallace variety.

If you need to know anymore, I suggest you ask me and I will be glad to inform.  

storebrand saint

Unidentified-Illusion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:17 pm
Um. Hi, I'm really excited to be here! Hehe. ^^

Well, you can call me Stefani. It's my real name, I don't mind sharing it. But if you don't want to use my name, then I don't mind, you can call me whatever you want to.
Um. I'm a really shy person, although I may not seem like it most of the time. But, even though I'm shy, I'm a very laid-back person and easy to talk to. So feel free to have a chat with me anytime. :]

The way I started writing was through fan fiction. At first it was a hobby, then it became a way of practicing for writing original stories. And even though I'm only in high school, I will try my best to become an author. The genres I like to write are fantasy, sci-fi, and adventure. Sometimes I'll write a little tragedy and romance, though.

I tend to tell stories about things that happen in my life a lot. And I ramble, too. D:
For example, at school, mostly, if someone says something and then I immediately think of something else similar, I'll interrupt them and say something like, "Oh! That reminds me of a fan fiction I read once..." and I'll tell about it, or, "Ah yeah, that's just like this time in an anime I was watching one time..." And I'll tell about it, or, "Actually, something like that happened the other day, where..." And I'll tell about it. But sometimes, people get really upset and give me this look and I stop half way, they continue but tell someone else and they walk away. :[

And I just told a story... ^^'
Hmm... That's it! But I have more in my profile if you want to know more about me or you can always ask. 'Cause I can go on and on and on telling stories like an old man. xD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:58 am
Hello everyone! I'm Aryllia, from Sweden. I'm a 19 year old procrastinator, with some 200 characters screaming for attention in my head and not a single novel properly finished (but good amount of short stories).
I write comedy and if possible, fantasy. Not because I overly believe in dragons (a nice thought, but no) but because I love to create. I have studied psychology, geography, history and religion and there is nothing I love better than create a few thousand years of history complete with geographical changes, politics, religions and the full package of species!
What more to say?
I'm addicted to tea and Terry Pratchett.  

abandoned_nr_5448214

Gambino Gaian

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:23 pm
It's been a while since I've welcomed everybody, so, welcome! I'm so glad that we have such a range of members here. This guild is fast becoming much bigger and better than I ever anticipated, maybe, if enough people click that little 'recommend' button, something like getting featured might happen in the far future. But I digress, and surreptitiously tell people to promote the guild.

Welcome everyone!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:38 pm
Hello all. ^^ I go by quite a few different names around Gaia, the most popular is a variation of my current username (Mag, Maggie, Mags, whatever floats your boat). I'm seventeen, will be eighteen this November. Most of my free time is spent reading, playing video games, writing, role playing, and eating. I have an odd love of the army, or any of the military, though I can never join it because I am horribly asthmatic.

Like most here I also enjoy a bit of anime and manga, my favorite of which is Fullmetal Alchemist, and I can't think of much else to put here.

Odd fact; I play the flute. Felt the need to put that out there (an asthmatic playing the flute, go ahead and laugh xD ).

So yes. ^^

Magmatic

Magnetic Genius

Viva la Love

7,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:02 pm

Hello all, I'm Kira. And I'm new here. I am in the process of writing a novel about my life and a story called Cardemonde. I won't really be on these boards much but very nice to meet you all.  
Announcements

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff