Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
What are your opinions on abortion? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Araya_Sunshine_Luvz_ya

6,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:17 pm
Rei Uchikino
YunaAndTidus234
All of you idiots that keep yelling at FinalFantasyFreak1O1 stop it cus i wrote that. I knew her password and wanted to see the guild she was in, when i saw this i got mad and said what i think should be said. So all of you that want to keep complaining about how much im wrong go ahead im ready for whatever you throw at me.

Again, no one said anyone was wrong. If you were the one to post all of that then you are, however, wrong to insult me the way you did. You misunderstood what I had posted and jumped to conclusions.

I also have trouble believing that your story is true. How do I know that she didn't just ask you to say that you were the one to post all of that stuff, hmm? If that's true then I stand by my judgment of her being a coward. However, if you really were the one to post all of that, then I apologize for assuming it was her and that I'm sorry for lashing out at her. BTW, your a shitty friend for starting trouble on your friend's account and making people assume it was her. Kudos.

gawd, just stop it! this debate has digressed into a glorified cat fight, were both sides are at fault! You have become distrustful of one another and downright catty! It is disgraceful, and I know you two can be considerate and intelligent individuals, so have some pride and stop this!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:24 pm
I am your Mord Sith
Araya_Sunshine_Luvz_ya
I am your Mord Sith
Araya_Sunshine_Luvz_ya
I am your Mord Sith
Araya_Sunshine_Luvz_ya
Abortion is murder. There is no doubt in my mind that this is true. But... if I were raped and ended up pregnant... I know I would convince myself it wasn't, just long enough to get an abortion, and feel the pain and guilt for the rest of my life. I would get an abortion if I were the victim of rape, but I would feel the blood on my hands for the rest of my life, and pictures of babies would make me cry.

No its not murder. In the beginning stages its not even a fetus or an embryo. Its a zygote, a simple cluster of cells. Its foolish to even think that its murder. You "murder" cells on your body every single day. You "kill" cells just by brushing your teeth or combing your hair.

yes, I know the science behind it. When I comb my hair and brush my teeth, I am not trying to kill the cells. I don't even realize I am. And even you admitted that a zygote is a beginning, as in on it's way to becoming something. Something that is not myself, but a whole different being. I would be taking away someone else's lifetime before they got the chance to try. The idea it's self of destroying some little undeveloped cluster of cells is not evil, but when you get an abortion you are fully aware that you are killing the cells, and never giving someone a chance to live. It is in the act of choosing to kill that abortion becomes murder.

I don't care, its still a zygote. A simple cluster of cells and nothing more. Yes, it has potential to become something but to me when its still a zygote, its not even considered alive. Scrap it out of your vag before it becomes something. Therefore, its not murder.

Since you simply disagreed with my argument and restated your own instead of presenting a valid counter argument, there is no room for a response, bringing this debate to a standstill. I'm afraid we will have to just agree to disagree. Too bad, it would have been nice to come to an understanding on the topic. Oh well.

I did have a valid counter argument. A zygote isn't human, as long as you kill it before it becomes a human, its not murder. It would be no different then a girl having her period or a man dropping the kids off at the pool. That's killing potential life too.

During a woman's period the unfertilized eggs are what is disposed of, a component and not even a zygote, dying on it's own. As before, you have disregarded my argument, a different one this time. As I said before, it is in the choice of killing off something with the potential to became human that abortion becomes murder. Once again, this has gotten nowere and the matter was not resolved.  

Araya_Sunshine_Luvz_ya

6,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Pie Enabler 100

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:30 pm
Araya_Sunshine_Luvz_ya
Rei Uchikino
YunaAndTidus234
All of you idiots that keep yelling at FinalFantasyFreak1O1 stop it cus i wrote that. I knew her password and wanted to see the guild she was in, when i saw this i got mad and said what i think should be said. So all of you that want to keep complaining about how much im wrong go ahead im ready for whatever you throw at me.

Again, no one said anyone was wrong. If you were the one to post all of that then you are, however, wrong to insult me the way you did. You misunderstood what I had posted and jumped to conclusions.

I also have trouble believing that your story is true. How do I know that she didn't just ask you to say that you were the one to post all of that stuff, hmm? If that's true then I stand by my judgment of her being a coward. However, if you really were the one to post all of that, then I apologize for assuming it was her and that I'm sorry for lashing out at her. BTW, your a shitty friend for starting trouble on your friend's account and making people assume it was her. Kudos.

gawd, just stop it! this debate has digressed into a glorified cat fight, were both sides are at fault! You have become distrustful of one another and downright catty! It is disgraceful, and I know you two can be considerate and intelligent individuals, so have some pride and stop this!

You're right and I plan on stopping. I feel that I was being rather immature in reaction to her insults, so I don't plan on arguing any further. I could have just ignored her, but sometimes I just really can't control my temper. I'm sorry if you lost any respect for me.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:37 pm
Rei Uchikino
Araya_Sunshine_Luvz_ya
Rei Uchikino
YunaAndTidus234

You're right and I plan on stopping. I feel that I was being rather immature in reaction to her insults, so I don't plan on arguing any further. I could have just ignored her, but sometimes I just really can't control my temper. I'm sorry if you lost any respect for me.

As long as you have come to an understanding of your own faults, and have made efforts to overcome them, you are forgiven. It is comforting that you seem to be back to your old, more sophisticated, self.  

Araya_Sunshine_Luvz_ya

6,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Pie Enabler 100

nikkiizdabestest

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:43 pm
i say u shouldn't even if u were raped and something happens thats wat adoption i kno that there is alot of people who cant have babies.... its just like killing a human even if they are just firtilized its still killing...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:16 pm
candi is thee cutiest
i say u shouldn't even if u were raped and something happens thats wat adoption i kno that there is alot of people who cant have babies.... its just like killing a human even if they are just firtilized its still killing...

stressed read the past two pages or so and you will find every aspect of that statement thoroughly debated, analyzed, and expanded, with much butter grammar and spelling. This topic is worn out and has worn me out, so therefore shall we please agree to let it die?  

Araya_Sunshine_Luvz_ya

6,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Pie Enabler 100

SorceressJacklyn

Blessed Prophet

12,975 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:41 pm
Araya_Sunshine_Luvz_ya
Rei Uchikino
Araya_Sunshine_Luvz_ya
Rei Uchikino
YunaAndTidus234

As long as you have come to an understanding of your own faults, and have made efforts to overcome them, you are forgiven. It is comforting that you seem to be back to your old, more sophisticated, self.

I'm sorry but this sounds like a big "You're backing off cuz you know I'm right" kind of thing going here. Just stating my opinion.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:31 pm
Araya_Sunshine_Luvz_ya
I am your Mord Sith
Araya_Sunshine_Luvz_ya
I am your Mord Sith
Araya_Sunshine_Luvz_ya

yes, I know the science behind it. When I comb my hair and brush my teeth, I am not trying to kill the cells. I don't even realize I am. And even you admitted that a zygote is a beginning, as in on it's way to becoming something. Something that is not myself, but a whole different being. I would be taking away someone else's lifetime before they got the chance to try. The idea it's self of destroying some little undeveloped cluster of cells is not evil, but when you get an abortion you are fully aware that you are killing the cells, and never giving someone a chance to live. It is in the act of choosing to kill that abortion becomes murder.

I don't care, its still a zygote. A simple cluster of cells and nothing more. Yes, it has potential to become something but to me when its still a zygote, its not even considered alive. Scrap it out of your vag before it becomes something. Therefore, its not murder.

Since you simply disagreed with my argument and restated your own instead of presenting a valid counter argument, there is no room for a response, bringing this debate to a standstill. I'm afraid we will have to just agree to disagree. Too bad, it would have been nice to come to an understanding on the topic. Oh well.

I did have a valid counter argument. A zygote isn't human, as long as you kill it before it becomes a human, its not murder. It would be no different then a girl having her period or a man dropping the kids off at the pool. That's killing potential life too.

During a woman's period the unfertilized eggs are what is disposed of, a component and not even a zygote, dying on it's own. As before, you have disregarded my argument, a different one this time. As I said before, it is in the choice of killing off something with the potential to became human that abortion becomes murder. Once again, this has gotten nowere and the matter was not resolved.

well, its because we have very different opinions. I'm going to side with science and you are siding with your morals. Science says that a Zygote isn't human therefore, I don't consider it murder. I agree, this hasn't gone anywhere.  

Matron Mord Sith

Matron Mord Sith

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:34 pm
YunaAndTidus234
Im lucky though cus when I am your Mord Sith sent her a profile comment i was able to delet it before she saw it. She has no idea about this.

Well then, I'm just going to have to send her a little message through the guild letting her know about what you did. You can't delete that.

Even still, I think that you are just a mule. Stop your lies.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:38 pm
I am your Mord Sith
YunaAndTidus234
Im lucky though cus when I am your Mord Sith sent her a profile comment i was able to delet it before she saw it. She has no idea about this.

Well then, I'm just going to have to send her a little message through the guild letting her know about what you did. You can't delete that.

Even still, I think that you are just a mule. Stop your lies.

Agreed.  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:45 pm
SorceressJacklyn
Araya_Sunshine_Luvz_ya
Rei Uchikino
Araya_Sunshine_Luvz_ya
Rei Uchikino
YunaAndTidus234

I'm sorry but this sounds like a big "You're backing off cuz you know I'm right" kind of thing going here. Just stating my opinion.

Meh, I've decided to stop fueling the arguement before she said anything. Those last two posts are probably my last regarding the situation. In any case, I appreciate Araya for speaking out. Sometimes I need a kick in the rear end to help me see that I'm taking something too far.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:26 am
Rei Uchikino
SorceressJacklyn
Araya_Sunshine_Luvz_ya
Rei Uchikino
Araya_Sunshine_Luvz_ya

Meh, I've decided to stop fueling the arguement before she said anything. Those last two posts are probably my last regarding the situation. In any case, I appreciate Araya for speaking out. Sometimes I need a kick in the rear end to help me see that I'm taking something too far.

I need more than just a kick in the rear end to put me in line.  

Matron Mord Sith

finalfantasyfreak1O1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:17 pm
I just wanted to say that YunaAndTidus is not a mule.
Im not lieing but i know somtimes somones word isnt enouph for people.
This situation also makes it so there really is no way to prove if im lieing or not.(Which im not)
Even though i have allready thanked her i would like to thank Rei Uchikino
again for telling me this was going on.
So everyone knows i have nothing against people who are for abortion.
I dont like it myself but somtimes people find it necessary.
To be honest i would never get one unless i needed to.
I dont want to start a big fight about if im telling the truth or not but if anyone has any questions for me and wont blow up at me i would be glad to answer.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:35 am
Alright I'm going to put my views on abortion out there.

Abortion is typically viewed as a last resort. It's not an easy thing to do. There is a lot of thought that goes into abortion, more than what people realize.

Birth control can fail. It's very possible. However there are things you can take in case it happens like the Morning After pill. No the Morning After pill is NOT abortion however it's more of a contraceptive that you take the morning after you've had sex when you realize the condom broke or you forgot to take BC, etc.

Rape isn't typically done by a stranger. Actually according to RAINN or Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network, rape is actually done by people who you know, either a family friend, parent, teacher, etc. The number of stranger rapes are actually low. Also the effects of rape are that of serious psychological disorders like PTSD or post-traumatic stress disorder. http://rainn.org/get-information/statistics/sexual-assault-victims
Rape is a serious crime and the effects do damage a person's psyche. Trying to tell your child that it's the product of a violent crime that scarred you for life, is also damaging to the child as well.

People are uneducated about sex because sex education in school doesn't include actually having sex and the use of condoms and birth control. Many people think and believe that abstinence works. However if you've read the news of the the past few years, you'd know that the Teen Pregnancy rate is high currently. So it's pretty obvious that abstinence doesn't work. Why doesn't it work? Well it's mainly because as a teenager you're curious about a lot of things and want to experiment. Our brains are still growing after all. Therefore telling someone not to do something, only makes them want to do it more.

Even though we are more medically advanced than what we were 60 years ago, there is still a chance a woman can die during pregnancy. If every life is sacred then shouldn't the woman's life matter as well? Why is the fetus more important? How can that baby's life matter more? Doesn't the baby need it's mother in order to survive? Wouldn't it be best for the mother to survive that way she can try again either by invitro fertilization or by having a surrogate mother? Instead of saving the child's life?

A fetus can also have a serious life threatening disability as well. It ranges from many things that can cause the child to die after it's born or limit it's lifespan. One such defect is when a fetus is developing without an actual brain in it's skull. It's kind of hard to function without a brain. Seeing as how the brain is what actually keeps us alive.

Adoption is something I do not agree with. I believe it is indeed a double edged sword. Because there is a chance the child would end up going to an unhealthy environment where it could be abused, mistreated, molested, etc. I also believe adoption to be the easy way out. In other words it's very easy to give something up. It's harder to decide to kill something. A lot harder.  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Matron Mord Sith

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:01 pm
xLady Tsukiyox
Alright I'm going to put my views on abortion out there.

Abortion is typically viewed as a last resort. It's not an easy thing to do. There is a lot of thought that goes into abortion, more than what people realize.

Birth control can fail. It's very possible. However there are things you can take in case it happens like the Morning After pill. No the Morning After pill is NOT abortion however it's more of a contraceptive that you take the morning after you've had sex when you realize the condom broke or you forgot to take BC, etc.

Rape isn't typically done by a stranger. Actually according to RAINN or Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network, rape is actually done by people who you know, either a family friend, parent, teacher, etc. The number of stranger rapes are actually low. Also the effects of rape are that of serious psychological disorders like PTSD or post-traumatic stress disorder. http://rainn.org/get-information/statistics/sexual-assault-victims
Rape is a serious crime and the effects do damage a person's psyche. Trying to tell your child that it's the product of a violent crime that scarred you for life, is also damaging to the child as well.

People are uneducated about sex because sex education in school doesn't include actually having sex and the use of condoms and birth control. Many people think and believe that abstinence works. However if you've read the news of the the past few years, you'd know that the Teen Pregnancy rate is high currently. So it's pretty obvious that abstinence doesn't work. Why doesn't it work? Well it's mainly because as a teenager you're curious about a lot of things and want to experiment. Our brains are still growing after all. Therefore telling someone not to do something, only makes them want to do it more.

Even though we are more medically advanced than what we were 60 years ago, there is still a chance a woman can die during pregnancy. If every life is sacred then shouldn't the woman's life matter as well? Why is the fetus more important? How can that baby's life matter more? Doesn't the baby need it's mother in order to survive? Wouldn't it be best for the mother to survive that way she can try again either by invitro fertilization or by having a surrogate mother? Instead of saving the child's life?

A fetus can also have a serious life threatening disability as well. It ranges from many things that can cause the child to die after it's born or limit it's lifespan. One such defect is when a fetus is developing without an actual brain in it's skull. It's kind of hard to function without a brain. Seeing as how the brain is what actually keeps us alive.

Adoption is something I do not agree with. I believe it is indeed a double edged sword. Because there is a chance the child would end up going to an unhealthy environment where it could be abused, mistreated, molested, etc. I also believe adoption to be the easy way out. In other words it's very easy to give something up. It's harder to decide to kill something. A lot harder.

^^^^
Win  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas