Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Basil Musible

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:41 pm
[Fredrick]

Ernie
Dumbledore seemed to know he was going to die anyway.

I disagree. I think that if Dumbledore knew that he was just going to die anyway, he wouldn't be trying to get Draco not to kill him

Killing someone is obviously something big, I mean, it rips up the killer's soul. Draco was one of Dumbledore's students, and I, making the assumption that he had the best interest of all his students in mind, would assume that he wouldn't want Draco's soul to be ripped. Killing someone would taint Draco, I doubt Dumbledore would let that happen.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:11 pm
So to sum up this WHOLE debate in one icon...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

and i'm pretty sure i've said that already...  

JewelWoods

dumbledore is not dead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:22 am
I for one think that Snape is on the right side. Sure he is mean and all, but I think that he was acting on Dumbledore's orders.
One of the main reasons I think he is good is that Dumbledore trusted him.

Dumbledore is the only man Voldemort has ever feared, he is like the greatest wizard of all timeIf you can't trust him, who can you trust?
even in a fictional world.

I think that Snape told Dumbledore about the un-breakable vow he made and Dumbledore told him to kill him,

or...

Dumbledore is not really dead and Snape was just keeping his cover.

Of course both of these are invalid because no one is ever going to trust Snape again unless Dumbledore appears and tells them to, which i think is highly unlikely.

I got most of my info from www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com go and take a look some of it is quite good  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:16 pm
i agree with you. smape killed dumbledore because he had to to keep his cover so that he could continue as a spy. he proved he wasn't evil be listening to dumbledore's pleads; "Severus...severus, please..". dumbledore was talking about harry, because snape knew harry was there. he's not stupid. he looked at the two brooms and knew the truth. but, he proved his loyalty to dumbledore by not letting the death eaters know about harry, thus saving harry's life once again. i do, however, question that the dark lord isn't seeing through all of this......  

ezvondulodt

DeeDee06

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:28 pm
YAY! A semi-active thread!

I agree with the last two posts. I think that Snape was just following Dumbledore's orders when he killed him. Recall the arguement Snape and Dumbledore had in the Forbidden Forest where Snape says that he doesn't want to follow through with something and Dumbledore basically says he has to? I think Dumbledore was telling Snape that he has to kill him. Dumbledore probably knows that Voldemort is starting to question Snape's loyalty, and setting Draco up to kill Dumbledore was a test for both Draco and Snape. Could Draco really be evil and pull it off? And if not, would Snape prove his loyalty to Voldemort by killing Dumbledore for Draco?

But I recall Dumbledore saying at a few points that there are worse options than death. And wasn't it Sirius that gave us insight into the mindset of the OotP in the book of the same name when Mr. Weasley is attacked at the Ministry? Sirius says that Mr. Weasley knew what he was getting himself into when he agreed to work for the Order, and his death would be a better option than divulging the actions of the Order and hence ruining their plans. If Dumbledore isn't willing to die for his organization, then he is the world's largest hypocrite! Perhaps he just recognized that he has sufficiently armed Harry for his imminent battle with Voldemort and having a "well organized mind" decided that it was best for him to go on to the "next great adventure" for the sake of the Order.

All in all, my vote is for Snape = still good and Dumbledore as a consenting party in his own death.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:51 pm
Wow, haven't been here in a long time... lessee if I can remember any of my 'Snape is a bad guy' arguments, shall we? xD

dumbledore is not dead
I for one think that Snape is on the right side. Sure he is mean and all, but I think that he was acting on Dumbledore's orders.
One of the main reasons I think he is good is that Dumbledore trusted him.

Dumbledore is the only man Voldemort has ever feared, he is like the greatest wizard of all timeIf you can't trust him, who can you trust?
even in a fictional world.

Yus, Dumbledore was/is on of the most super-powerful wizards of all time. But he wasn't God. Dumbledore could make mistakes just like everybody else.

dumbledore is not dead
I think that Snape told Dumbledore about the un-breakable vow he made and Dumbledore told him to kill him,

Mmmk. That's jolly. >_>

dumbledore is not dead
or...

Dumbledore is not really dead and Snape was just keeping his cover.

Well. If dumbledore's wasn't really dead than Snape probably would be, don't you think? Y'know the whole unbreakable vow thing? That means that if you break the vow, then you're going to die...  

[.Freddie.]

[.Freddie.]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:55 pm
ezvondulodt
i agree with you. smape killed dumbledore because he had to to keep his cover so that he could continue as a spy.

Well... what's the point of being a spy if no one's going to believe you?

ezvondulodt
he proved he wasn't evil be listening to dumbledore's pleads; "Severus...severus, please..". dumbledore was talking about harry, because snape knew harry was there. he's not stupid. he looked at the two brooms and knew the truth. but, he proved his loyalty to dumbledore by not letting the death eaters know about harry, thus saving harry's life once again. i do, however, question that the dark lord isn't seeing through all of this......

Um... that doesn't prove anything. Dumbledore's pleads could mean a number of different things... >_> Besides. Why would Dumbledore have to totally plead to Snape not to expose harry if Snape wasn't evil? You'd think it'd kind of be... common sense not to expose harry.

It bothers me a little bit that you posted all that as if it was fact, when it was just pure speculation.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:06 pm
DeeDee06
YAY! A semi-active thread!

I agree with the last two posts. I think that Snape was just following Dumbledore's orders when he killed him. Recall the arguement Snape and Dumbledore had in the Forbidden Forest where Snape says that he doesn't want to follow through with something and Dumbledore basically says he has to? I think Dumbledore was telling Snape that he has to kill him. Dumbledore probably knows that Voldemort is starting to question Snape's loyalty, and setting Draco up to kill Dumbledore was a test for both Draco and Snape. Could Draco really be evil and pull it off? And if not, would Snape prove his loyalty to Voldemort by killing Dumbledore for Draco?

Mk. More speculation.
So then, what good would it be to prove his loyalty to Voldemort if his only reason to fake loyalty was to be a spy... and with snape killing dumbledore then no one would trust him. So what would be the point of being a spy? (Wow. I really hope that made sense, because I was having some serious trouble wording that. D: )

DeeDee06
But I recall Dumbledore saying at a few points that there are worse options than death. And wasn't it Sirius that gave us insight into the mindset of the OotP in the book of the same name when Mr. Weasley is attacked at the Ministry? Sirius says that Mr. Weasley knew what he was getting himself into when he agreed to work for the Order, and his death would be a better option than divulging the actions of the Order and hence ruining their plans. If Dumbledore isn't willing to die for his organization, then he is the world's largest hypocrite! Perhaps he just recognized that he has sufficiently armed Harry for his imminent battle with Voldemort and having a "well organized mind" decided that it was best for him to go on to the "next great adventure" for the sake of the Order.

How exactly was he dying for the order? What was the order gaining by him dying? Nothing. =O In fact, it was losing a lot. Y'know. With their leader being gone and everything...
I'm sure Dumbledore was willing to die for the order. However, I doubt he'd just carelessly let himself get killed...

Neyway. Sorry for the crappy arguments. I'm like, totally braindead right now. X_x  

[.Freddie.]

Skipping_Evil_Zebra

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:06 pm
I cannot beleive any of you people have any doubt that snape is EVIL!!!!! twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted

OH MY GOSH! I almost typed btw!!!!!!!!!! (and I almost typed omg instead of oh my gosh!) AHHHHHHH!!!!!! And, in all of that, I forgot what I was going to "by the way" about. *sigh*

ANYway, If MURDER twisted isn't evil twisted to you people, what is?

And! To the propositon that snape is a good buy because Dumbledore trusted him: GET REAL! Dumbledore is (was) an old cook! He was worthy of his nickname given to him by my older cousins: Dumb as a door!! AND his other nickname (compliments of yours truly): Dumby Dork!

(as you can tell, I dislike dumbledore: to da exreme...)

exclaim exclaim AHA! I REMEMBER MY BY THE WAY!!!!!!! idea I like the snape icon... it might be true... but if it is then he is following EVIL ( twisted ) orders!!!!!!!!!  
Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff