Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply Pairing Discussions
A Remy/Siri tid bit Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rackenov

1,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:02 am
XD that's awesome! But which present? O.o  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 2:11 pm
Ah, I flipped when I read this! True or not, Remus and Sirius are together in my mind no matter what. ^.^

I have problems seeing why Rowling would remove the fact from the story if it's true. The taboo of homosexuality isn't quite the same in Europe compared to America. I certainly can't see her removing it because of controversy. I would seriously lose complete respect for her if that were the case. She's an adult, not an emotional child who can be pressured into changing her ideas just because some people b***h at her about it. Personally, I think the church should keep their noses out of our right to free speech. The editor doesn't like it, you go out and find a different editor. Warner Bros doesn't approve, then you say screw them and find someone else to pick it up. If the ideas seem too mature for the age group, you publish it in a different age group. Any true artist has to have conviction of their ideas or they aren't worth the paper they write on.

As for TonksxRemus- total cop out. It was disgusting to see Remus go along with that just because the man didn't want to hurt the girl's feelings. Honestly, she was moping around like some dying woman. What the hell happened to Tonk's backbone? She ended up coming off as obsessed, caring more about getting her way instead of Remus' true feelings. Not eating or taking care of herself when other people are in grave danger? She's an Auror supposed to be protecting people; she had no right to dismiss those duties and life itself just because some guy doesn't like her. If she were that emotionally weak than she never would have made it as an Auror in the first place.

Tonks saw Remus as a pity case, someone that needed her affection to keep going after Remus' heart was broken with the death of his final best friend. And when Remus told her differently, that he had the strength to work through his grief alone, she turned the issue back on herself as if there was something wrong with her, and sulked like a spoiled child. Completely ignoring how that would guilt Remus ontop of his other emotional issues, she focused on her own selfish angst. I will never, ever, ever, even if I wasn't a RemusxSirius shipper, support TonksxRemus. The whole relationship is offensive. Same with GinnyxHarry. Ginny turned into a symbol for Harry to protect/sacrifice. She's not even a person, but another scar for Harry to add to his list of loses caused by Voldemort. There's no true love there beyond the brotherly kind. If Rowling is going to write romance, I suggest she takes some writing classes on it first.  

Deliciae

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:56 pm
Deliciae, I love you.
^_^

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:38 am
Remus J. Lupin-Black
Deliciae, I love you.
^_^

Lol *glompers you* After I wrote it I realized just how bitchy I must sound. I'm glad I didn't offend you.  

Deliciae

La Femme Rigolotte

5,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:54 pm
No, I agree with you too Deliciae. I was so disappointed with JK's quick, last-minute pairings. They were a complete waste of words if you asked me, and I officially dislike Tonks now as well. She had already kind of bugged me but the whole thing with Remus sealed the deal.

Don't even get me started on Harry/Ginny.

And as for the whole JK's fears of controversy, I don't know what to think. While I agree that the whole gay issue isn't as serious in Britain, I also agree that maybe she didn't want to deal with more harsh criticisms... on top of the Church's whole"this book is the devil!" statement. I mean, my parents almost threw away my copies because of that (since then they've "seen the light" and have eased up considerably). Needless to say that this started WW3 in my house. No one touches my HP books with harmful intentions...

However, to end this, I, too, love you Deliciae.

<3
Maddy

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:09 pm
La Femme Rigolotte
No, I agree with you too Deliciae. I was so disappointed with JK's quick, last-minute pairings. They were a complete waste of words if you asked me, and I officially dislike Tonks now as well. She had already kind of bugged me but the whole thing with Remus sealed the deal.

Don't even get me started on Harry/Ginny.

And as for the whole JK's fears of controversy, I don't know what to think. While I agree that the whole gay issue isn't as serious in Britain, I also agree that maybe she didn't want to deal with more harsh criticisms... on top of the Church's whole"this book is the devil!" statement. I mean, my parents almost threw away my copies because of that (since then they've "seen the light" and have eased up considerably). Needless to say that this started WW3 in my house. No one touches my HP books with harmful intentions...

However, to end this, I, too, love you Deliciae.

<3
Maddy

Lol *feels loved* o^___^o *glomp*

No, I can get the pressure about it, with the Pope casting judgement on a fictional novel and all *rolls eyes* but JK already had a huge fan base. I can't see that she would have much to worry about. Even poor publicity is still publicity and let's face it, no one's going to stop printing a book just because the Church doesn't like it. It's not the dark ages. It's like acting like a scolded child for doing something wrong, but if she really thought that there is nothing wrong with gays than she would have stood by that and left it in the book. That is, if the rumor is true about RemusxSirius. >_> How can you have a book that expresses equality among the classes, the sexes, and the races and decided sexual preference is just too much?

Oh, and many kudos for standing by your literary choices! heart  

Deliciae

La Femme Rigolotte

5,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:37 pm
Deliciae

Lol *feels loved* o^___^o *glomp*

No, I can get the pressure about it, with the Pope casting judgement on a fictional novel and all *rolls eyes* but JK already had a huge fan base. I can't see that she would have much to worry about. Even poor publicity is still publicity and let's face it, no one's going to stop printing a book just because the Church doesn't like it. It's not the dark ages. It's like acting like a scolded child for doing something wrong, but if she really thought that there is nothing wrong with gays than she would have stood by that and left it in the book. That is, if the rumor is true about RemusxSirius. >_> How can you have a book that expresses equality among the classes, the sexes, and the races and decided sexual preference is just too much?

Oh, and many kudos for standing by your literary choices! heart

Ne~
I had not thought of that... good argument.

But there was one mistake. Yes, people could stop printing a book because of the church. It happened to a series I was in the middle of, actually. The Black Stallion series (lame, I know, but bear with me) was discontinued because one of the books was called something like The Black Stallion Meets the Devil/Satan. The title wasn't meant to be taken literally, but it was. The church flipped out and the book cannot be found anywhere... unless you look really hard for it... like in the black market of literature or something.

So yeah, a book can be recalled... however, you mentioned her large fan base. And there, I must admit, I relent. I agree that publicity is publicity... plus, like you said, her fanbase alone would scare any doubtful publisher into submission. I mean, would you want the readers of HP to be down your neck because you didn't want to publish the book for a petty reason like gay issues? I don't know about y'all but I get violent at the mere thought of the series being discontinued.

Lastly, thanks for the kudos.

<3
Maddy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:48 pm
La Femme Rigolotte

Ne~
I had not thought of that... good argument.

But there was one mistake. Yes, people could stop printing a book because of the church. It happened to a series I was in the middle of, actually. The Black Stallion series (lame, I know, but bear with me) was discontinued because one of the books was called something like The Black Stallion Meets the Devil/Satan. The title wasn't meant to be taken literally, but it was. The church flipped out and the book cannot be found anywhere... unless you look really hard for it... like in the black market of literature or something.

So yeah, a book can be recalled... however, you mentioned her large fan base. And there, I must admit, I relent. I agree that publicity is publicity... plus, like you said, her fanbase alone would scare any doubtful publisher into submission. I mean, would you want the readers of HP to be down your neck because you didn't want to publish the book for a petty reason like gay issues? I don't know about y'all but I get violent at the mere thought of the series being discontinued.

Lastly, thanks for the kudos.

<3
Maddy

Hey, how recent was that book 'recalled' as you put it? Seriously, all the crap I see on the shelves with skeletons with flaming bloody heads, and smut etc, I really have a hard time seeing it happen recently. Especially where you can self publish now with the internet etc... gods I love the internet. XD It's like the poster child for free speech in all it's varied forms. heart

I would love to see the Bible recalled for being a fictional piece of work trying to pass itself off as historical fact. I think that would really make up for all the years of brainwashing. (I'm not bitter >_> )  

Deliciae

La Femme Rigolotte

5,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:33 pm
Deliciae

Hey, how recent was that book 'recalled' as you put it? Seriously, all the crap I see on the shelves with skeletons with flaming bloody heads, and smut etc, I really have a hard time seeing it happen recently. Especially where you can self publish now with the internet etc... gods I love the internet. XD It's like the poster child for free speech in all it's varied forms. heart

I would love to see the Bible recalled for being a fictional piece of work trying to pass itself off as historical fact. I think that would really make up for all the years of brainwashing. (I'm not bitter >_> )

Heh, well, this was a while ago (we're talking when I was eight...maybe)... since then, I agree, we have let several "interesting" books onto the public shelves; you make a good point. However, I was just bringing up an argument for the sake of arguing... This discussion has awakened my desire for a good debate, you see. =D

And yah, I love the internet as well, where would we be without it...? ::fond sigh::

<3
Maddy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:29 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Deliciae

Abbyabs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:05 pm
Deliciae
Ah, I flipped when I read this! True or not, Remus and Sirius are together in my mind no matter what. ^.^

I have problems seeing why Rowling would remove the fact from the story if it's true. The taboo of homosexuality isn't quite the same in Europe compared to America. I certainly can't see her removing it because of controversy. I would seriously lose complete respect for her if that were the case. She's an adult, not an emotional child who can be pressured into changing her ideas just because some people b***h at her about it. Personally, I think the church should keep their noses out of our right to free speech. The editor doesn't like it, you go out and find a different editor. Warner Bros doesn't approve, then you say screw them and find someone else to pick it up. If the ideas seem too mature for the age group, you publish it in a different age group. Any true artist has to have conviction of their ideas or they aren't worth the paper they write on.

As for TonksxRemus- total cop out. It was disgusting to see Remus go along with that just because the man didn't want to hurt the girl's feelings. Honestly, she was moping around like some dying woman. What the hell happened to Tonk's backbone? She ended up coming off as obsessed, caring more about getting her way instead of Remus' true feelings. Not eating or taking care of herself when other people are in grave danger? She's an Auror supposed to be protecting people; she had no right to dismiss those duties and life itself just because some guy doesn't like her. If she were that emotionally weak than she never would have made it as an Auror in the first place.

Tonks saw Remus as a pity case, someone that needed her affection to keep going after Remus' heart was broken with the death of his final best friend. And when Remus told her differently, that he had the strength to work through his grief alone, she turned the issue back on herself as if there was something wrong with her, and sulked like a spoiled child. Completely ignoring how that would guilt Remus ontop of his other emotional issues, she focused on her own selfish angst. I will never, ever, ever, even if I wasn't a RemusxSirius shipper, support TonksxRemus. The whole relationship is offensive. Same with GinnyxHarry. Ginny turned into a symbol for Harry to protect/sacrifice. She's not even a person, but another scar for Harry to add to his list of loses caused by Voldemort. There's no true love there beyond the brotherly kind. If Rowling is going to write romance, I suggest she takes some writing classes on it first.
i, for one, completely agree with you. not only was the whole ginny/harry thing sorted of added in as a "hey how can i get them to get together, oh yes! they kiss!" but the way remus and tonks got together was completely unpredictable. all of a sudden tonks is this depressed hormonal teen (no offense to anyone - i am one) who seems way to into the drama and sympathy of him not wanting her. as if remus hasnt got enough to worry about! she's like two thirds his age and remus isnt exactly a young version of a 30+. she seriously needs to get a clue  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:29 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

La Femme Rigolotte

5,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100

364 Unbirthdays

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:50 pm
That wouldn't be too surprising.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:39 pm
Abbyabs
i, for one, completely agree with you. not only was the whole ginny/harry thing sorted of added in as a "hey how can i get them to get together, oh yes! they kiss!" but the way remus and tonks got together was completely unpredictable. all of a sudden tonks is this depressed hormonal teen (no offense to anyone - i am one) who seems way to into the drama and sympathy of him not wanting her. as if remus hasnt got enough to worry about! she's like two thirds his age and remus isnt exactly a young version of a 30+. she seriously needs to get a clue

There's nothing wrong with being a hormonal teen, but hormonal teens aren't Aurors sos you have to wonder about Tonks. =_= She seems to have lost all perspective in life over something so trivial (and I say trivial because the relationships came off as trivial in the book >_> )

*glompers*  

Deliciae

Deliciae

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:53 pm
La Femme Rigolotte

Psh.

I get worse from my AP lit. class. No worries; I didn't feel attacked or anything like that. And I can relate to the bitchy inner voice... except mine is a sarcastic a**... ^^ When I get threatened, I let the sarcasm flow; I've been known to tear apart many egos with it.

And once again, I agree with you, because I, too, have run into many an idiot... and they suck all the fun out of a nice, involving debate. I hate people who cannot express, and stand up for, their opinions (no offense to anyone. ^^; At heart, I am a kind girl!).

::likes being picked on by you::

And finally, no kidding! I mean, if we didn't have the internet, chances are that we wouldn't be having this conversation! And I would have never had the chance to read your opinions and come up with arguments to them~! D=

No, I'm very thankful to technology.

<3
Maddy

PS- Your inanity wasn't at falt to begin with.

Lol heart *picks on you again* <3

You can still be nice and get frustrated with idiots... it may even be required. O_o If not, they'll just keep being idiotic and not realizing it's their own fault they're pissing people off. I spent a night trying to convince this random kid that he didn't have the right to speak for god, and if he thought he did than by his own logic every other human being speaks for god (which they seem to act like anyways ^^;;; ) and he couldn't tell them they were wrong no matter how much their opinions conflicted. The whole point was completely lost since god's not speaking... ever. >_> Stupid/ignorant people piss me off and I'm happy to tell them so. XD

But yeah, I'm cynical. -.-'  
Pairing Discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces