Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
Foods You Miss From When You Were Little? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Food Types Missed
  Junk/Snack
  Cereal
  Candy
  Lunch/Dinner
View Results

ShinnyNeko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:34 pm
jessies_angel
i miss pop rocks and green apple kool-aid.

pop rocks come on BUBBLE GUM now. it makes my brain hurt x.X  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:52 am
Had to think about it...Here is what I miss...

There used to be this peppermint stick with cinnamon in the red part..and the peppermint was chalky in a good way....I miss that.

I also miss things like Budget Gourmet (single person servings, loved the Swedish Meatballs...don't see them anymore, though..)

Original Classic Coke.....like you used to get in the green glass bottles....

And there was this really cool frozen food...Cincinatti Chili with spaghetti...I want the recipe...

I also miss the original Chex Mix..with peanuts...I think they took out the peanuts when people started to turn up with allergies to peanuts...  

Mellissandria

Mayumi_Yuy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:22 am
I miss Surge. It was a wonderful soda.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:16 am
Although I can (and have) made this, there's something warm and fuzzy about the memory of when my mom used to make Cream of Wheat "pancakes"! razz  

MQubed

Arkjinnahn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:08 am
bulmer24
I really just miss the way french fries used to taste before they changed the grease...so fattening...

Believe it or not, Julia Child said that her favorite food was a Big Mac and fries from McDonald's until they changed their frying oil from "lard" to "vegetable oil". Then she quit eating McD's fries. (and yes, a very light dusting of sugar gives fries the beautiful golden brown color)
Fries just aren't what they used to be. Today, they are "supposedly" more healthy, but way less tasty!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:38 pm
candy in that little garbage pale  

Dancing Wheels

Dragon student

Dangerous Survivor

9,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:27 pm
Vincent Valintine
Well, it's not so much that I can't find it anymore, but I just don't get them, and that item would be Vienna Sausages. Good god back in the day I could tear up a can of those things.
Drown them in A1 barbecue sauce and those things are the FOOD OF THE GODS!!!!

And I don't think they'll ever go away, but I love the Cherios and Life cereals.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:02 pm
There were these horrible Shortcake-and-frosting frogs.

They were just a round bit of shortcake with a cone of hard green icing and some googly-eyes made of some other kind of frosting. The inside of the thing as pink buttery frosting.

I found some about a year ago in King Soopers, again. They were called "Old Heidelberg Animals" which I assume had something to do with a bakery that moved to Florida recently.

But man, I loved those things, nasty as they might have been!  

Harbone
Crew

Deilusia

4,050 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:39 pm
I feel like Garfield saying this but.. lasagne.. Moms lasagne...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:57 pm
purplewiz

I also miss bacon cheddar Cheetos.

OMG they had those?!?!
eh, don't really miss much.
I have actually tasted lots of wonderful
ohhh my grandma's cheese tomato shells...
OMG I was in love with those...
its like some sort of white cheese with shells... and
tomato, onion, and garlic...
who knows what else, but it was sooooo soooo good.

black_kittie

Llmryn ValSarghress

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:10 pm
I miss that cereal I used to eat all the time, I dont remember the name, but it had that chef from the Muppet Show on the box. I used to eat it while watching Muppet Babies.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:41 pm
I miss the Ice cream shaped like cartoons and also the ice cream man and his truck. You dont see those anymore now a days crying crying crying  

Noir Resurection

Wealthy Tycoon

ahalada

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:33 pm
When I was little, once a week we had TV dinners in those aluminum trays. I kinda miss those aluminum trays, all bright and shiny.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:35 pm
Grandma's sweet and sour pork know one can figure out how to make it exactly like she did sad I miss grandmas cooking period  

Mrs_Black_Bear

Majexek

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:13 pm
I just flat out miss anything homecooked that I don't have to be the one to cook. chili, potato soup, my grandfather's bbq.... (secret to that one is 1 beer for the chef, 1 for the meat) *sighs* food's just not as good when you know how much work goes into preparing it.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff