Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Rude Discussion
To show your Ska Proudness How do YOU dress?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold....
  Mmmm Gold...
View Results

MCS4evr0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:48 am
Yeah I wear band shirts, my black slimfits and my vans. I have 3 pairs, one straight black, one black with the Vans logo printed to look like spraypaint, and one checkered pair (AVxEra's not slipons). Yeah and when i go to shows i usually wear loose shorts and the tee of one of the bands playing. So basicly, I don't dress that differently theres no reason, I'm just gonna get ******** up in the pit biggrin .  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:09 am
MCS4evr0
Yeah and when i go to shows i usually wear loose shorts and the tee of one of the bands playing.
lol....n00b... j/k

i used to think people were just being dicks when they made a deal out that but it make sense... If youre at the show, odds are people can guess you suport the bands at the show so why not show love for some other band that's NOT playing....

for me the unforgivable "rock fashion" faux pas is when you buy a t shirt from a bands merch table before their set, and put it on over the shirt you had on before...  

Slag10

NoDoubtfan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:16 pm
Just because you listen to ska deosn't mean you have to dress a certain way to show it. Some of us aren't lucky enough to have plaid and checkers to wear all the time.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:31 am
.I.pwn.your.a**.
Checkered vans,
checkered belt,
bracelet,
shoelaces,
and a few band shirts.
:]

meh too.
but i want more ska band t-shirts  

Elysse Needs Caffine

The Leninator!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:26 pm
NoDoubtfan
Just because you listen to ska deosn't mean you have to dress a certain way to show it. Some of us aren't lucky enough to have plaid and checkers to wear all the time.

Ska has a defined style actually...or it used to, most new ska bands don't dress in the rude boy/girl style at all, which doesn't lessen the quality of the band. You don't have to dress in a certain way to show it, but it is pretty cool to do so.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:08 am
the lameness of this thread astounds me... dressing in some sort of fashion has nothing to do with ska  

Slag10

Zom B McFlesheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:57 am
Slag10
the lameness of this thread astounds me... dressing in some sort of fashion has nothing to do with ska

That doesn't excuse being an elitist. Even if you are kind of right.

But you have to admit that if you saw someone wearing a checkered everything, you'd know they listen to ska.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:54 pm
i made no excuses for being elitest my friend mrgreen  

Slag10

Zom B McFlesheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:08 pm
Slag10
i made no excuses for being elitest my friend mrgreen

And that is exactly what's wrong with the guild and the ska scene in general.

Elitists shouldn't have any place in the ska scene, and yet, it's full of them. Since, for some reason, liking or disliking a certain band makes someone the anti-christ of ska. Even though ska music is about equality and not caring about stupid things like that.

The complete bullshit that has taken over a lot of modern ska makes me wish I had been born 25 years earlier and in Europe so I could just tag a long with 2 Tone.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:38 pm
You think it was any diff. then? The Selecter was often said to be nothing more than a band looking to cash in on the success of 2 tone records, Bad Manners also held them selves in high regard for being more working class than the Specials. Oh! Lets not forget about the national front skinheads too. Yeah, that scene was ALLLL about the unity.

Forgive me, but when I listen to most of the bands that are popular now days, I don't hear any ska elements. the new bands for the most part are boring, unoriginal and uninspiring. The kids don't know anything about the roots and history, and think that being rude is a fashion statement. Don't give me s**t about unity when you're causing just as much derision by jumping on my case about how I feel about someone boiling down my pride in this scene to "OMG LIKE WHO ARE YOU WEARING" The rudest mother ******** that ever lived are dead, the ones I'v met didn't look like Walt Jabsco. All Im saying is wear what ever the hell you want, but realize that, in the end, its just clothes and they don't make you who you are or define your personality.  

Slag10

Carousel Core

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:30 pm
Mmmm...a lot of checkers. Checkered Vans, belts, wristbands, etc. And if someone comments on it, I try to make them ska informed by telling them why I like to wear checkers. The only ska shirt I have though is Less Than Jake, and that makes me sad. sad

I also found these paper clips that are kind of black and white checkerd, so I hooked them together and took these letter beads and spelled out ska and tied that part together and I wear that sometimes, haha. I know it`s lame but I like it.

I think when you`re really into music, you tend to take a lot of pride and joy in wearing band shirts, checkers (Well, for ska, or wearing whatever symbol the music you like has if that music has one) and such because you love it so much and want to show your involvement and support. But it`s not supposed to be a dress code and if all you`re worried about is making fun of the ska fans who don`t dress exactly how you think they should, you need a life and you`re no better than the conformists you speak out against.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:36 pm
Slag10
You think it was any diff. then? The Selecter was often said to be nothing more than a band looking to cash in on the success of 2 tone records, Bad Manners also held them selves in high regard for being more working class than the Specials. Oh! Lets not forget about the national front skinheads too. Yeah, that scene was ALLLL about the unity.

Forgive me, but when I listen to most of the bands that are popular now days, I don't hear any ska elements. the new bands for the most part are boring, unoriginal and uninspiring. The kids don't know anything about the roots and history, and think that being rude is a fashion statement. Don't give me s**t about unity when you're causing just as much derision by jumping on my case about how I feel about someone boiling down my pride in this scene to "OMG LIKE WHO ARE YOU WEARING" The rudest mother ******** that ever lived are dead, the ones I'v met didn't look like Walt Jabsco. All Im saying is wear what ever the hell you want, but realize that, in the end, its just clothes and they don't make you who you are or define your personality.

No, but clothes help define you in other people's eyes. If I'm sitting around wearing a straight black shirt and jeans I may get a few random people hanging around with me, but if I'm wearing say, a c**k Sparrer shirt (I'm a skin so the shaved head, jeans and boots are there too usually) then some skinheads'll hang with me, and if I'm wearing a shirt for The Skatalites and I have on some checkered pants then I'll probably meet some rudies. I hate to say it but clothes do matter, and you'll get more friends with similar tastes if your clothes say something about you.  

The Leninator!

Ub Omaet

6,550 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:06 pm
I don't feel that I have to dress one way... I mean I 'm the way I like to be, I hear the music I want to hear, if I wear "a super ska tie" or if I go out wearing my jeans and my white shirt I AM A GUY WHO LOVES THE SKA AND SKANK... I don't have to show anybody that my heart is with the ska wearing "some" clothes  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:46 pm
Slag10

just remember kiddies... fighting on the net is like competing in the special olympics... win or lose, your still retarded  

Don Caballero

MCS4evr0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:20 pm
I'm going totally Rude for our school's homecoming. I've been searching Thrift Stores for Brown pinstriped suits, I have some sweet skanking dress shoes, and I have this lovely brown Fedora from my grandpa. It's gonna be great. But also, if you guys know of a good Rude suit style and you could tell me that would be great. I just think brown pin-striped would look really cool. idea  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff