Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Welcome and Intro's~ Now with Piccy's! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dangerousfish

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:37 pm
Welcome to everyone who came in below me. ^^ Let's support each other.

skulls, you sound about the same boat as me! 5'7" 106kg (234lb). Except that are you sure you meant to write 49kg (107lbs)? That is awfully tiny for someone your height and I'm not even sure possible with a healthy life. My first goal weight is 77kg (170lb).

face:good luck with your last bit of fat. : )  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:31 am
Hi, all! I'm Beatrice, I'm 18, and I've been trying to lose weight for almost two years now. In a year I lost about 20 pounds, but I still have 15 or so pounds left to go until I can be happy. I just want to be in shape and not have anymore lumpy curves. I'd really like to be a size 4 or 2. Right now I'm a 6 and it's been taking me forever to lose weight this winter.

So, here are the naked facts:

Height: 5'2"
Weight: As of this morning before I had some cereal, 119.5
Lowest Weight: 113
Goal Weight: 105

And here are some pictures.

Me playing basketball.
And here's another angle.
And here's my face.

I've already taken some steps using suggestions from this guild, such as starting up a fitday.com account. It seems to be helping. I had a good day eating-wise because of it and I can only hope this continues.  

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Queen.Cellophane

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:11 pm
Hey, I'm Queenie.
Annnd....
I am on a quest to loose weight!
Currently I weigh about 180 and I'm about... 5 ft 4.
I'm a size 15 in pants, and I would like to get down to a size 8 EVENTUALLY, but for right now I'm aiming for a size 10.
YAY.
And I love penguins.
Queenie  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:29 pm
Welcome!

Puddum: You look great in those photos so I'm assuming when you say "get fit" you mean "get tight and lean(ner)"? Good luck with your goals!

Queenie: Yay for jean sizes! pounds on the scale can mean so many different things than fat loss. Good luck on your quest!  

dangerousfish

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:05 pm
Thanks! But as we all know, sporty poses and good jeans help a lot. I've got fairly large thighs and my stomach could stand to get a lot flatter. But, yeah, I want to get lean and not-so-mean in time for summer. I wanna be able to wear a bikini and not feel embarassed and awkward.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:28 pm
HIM_fan

HI im Kaye.
Im 18 years old..
Im 5'7 and depending
on the timeing im 150-160

Im currently in the process of trying to lose 20 pounds..ive been working out and trying to eat healthier but when i go out all the time like i do i tend to forget about my diet and all.. hah...

when i was younger i was anorexic..( yeah i cant spell the word).but i knew it wasnt good for me and my parents found out and sat with me everywhere.. I started gaining weight in about 8th grade.. then i wieghted about 110 or so.. and since then ive began gaining all this crazy weight..

Im addicted to Art..visual..seinor in high school, and I'm checking out art colleges and stuff..uh i can seak German..Yeah im pretty bad at introducing my self...

ill post a photo later i guess..bye

yeah heres that photo of me..
User Image  

HIM_fan

spiitze

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:31 pm
Hiii! I've been in this guild for a while...but i didn't post sweatdrop
anyways...I'm Nicole/Nimmie... either name is fine... Nimmie is my nickname...and yeah
I've known I was overweight since I was 9...and tried to lose weight since then...
I'm 5'9" -5'10" and 190-195 lb...hoping to go down to 150 ish  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:57 pm
dangerousfish
Welcome to everyone who came in below me. ^^ Let's support each other.

skulls, you sound about the same boat as me! 5'7" 106kg (234lb). Except that are you sure you meant to write 49kg (107lbs)? That is awfully tiny for someone your height and I'm not even sure possible with a healthy life. My first goal weight is 77kg (170lb).

face:good luck with your last bit of fat. : )

Hey everyone. First off, my name is Ghia.

I love this community. At first, I was really hesitant to post my height and weight because I thought that I might be the only 200+ lb girl here, but now I feel more comfortable, especially knowing that nobody from the outside will see this.

I'm also 5'7, and last time I shoddily weighed myself, I was about 245 pounds or so. (Maybe a little more, maybe a little less. I was still wearing my clothes and I was a bit unsteady on the scale.) Right now, I'm wearing size 20 jeans. My greatest fear is going back to being a size 24-26. I would rather shoot myself.

I've been a yo-yo dieter my entire life, even in childhood. I've delt with the social problems that obesity can give you. However, I don't have any obesity-related medical problems, such as high blood pressure or asthma. It's mostly a vanity issue.

HOWEVER, I'm bipolar. Mild enough not to take medications, but bad enough to the point where it interferes with my life. Recently, I started doing the Suzanne Somers diet, and it's been excellent. I feel very balanced and in control. I eat until I'm comfortably full, and I'm healthy while doing so. I'd like to continue this for a while. My parents are doing it, too. According to others, I look like I've lost about 10 pounds so far. (I'm afraid to weigh myself, so I go by appearance. I'd like to be a size 12.

WOW... I typed alot.... I'm sorry!

Oshii-chan

dangerousfish

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:32 pm
Welcome! Oshii-chan. ^^ You don't have to be embarrassed about your weight, you in the direction to change to a more healthy you and that is great and something to be proud of. I also have brain issues (panic disorder like whoa, plus with bipolar or major depressive disorder (depression like whoa), no one knows.) so no worries there either. I'm sure 900,000,000 people have already mentioned this to you but seriously, if you can get into exercise and start to enjoy it, that is soooo helpful for brain and mood health. Uplifting and stabilizing all together. Plus, you start to crave it after awhile because it feels so good.

I also kinda have a goal size of 12, I think I can do it but I am a little wide in the bone region ( xd ) so I may end up being a 14 missues and I can live whatever a good fat/muscle/bone thing is good for me. Last time I lost a big chunk of weight I was a size 14 although I could sneak into smaller stuff from the junior's department because my hips do not carry any excess fat - that's reserved for my gut. xd So if I get low cut pants (not to low!) my abdomen and hips are smaller than teh gut.

Remember weight is just a number! It doesn't tell you if you're losing fat or muscle or water so don't fear the scale, it's a guide but it can also lie about you - just like BMI can. Muscle weight, good. Excess fat weight (uhh, minus the fat you actually need, that's good xd ), bad.

So yeah, I lost weight once gained it back after The Blargh + bad med but now I'm ready to be awesome and healthy again and this time? Totally never going to come back.

Randomly, how did you choose your user name?

The interweb is supporting you!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:34 pm
Nimmie
Hiii! I've been in this guild for a while...but i didn't post sweatdrop
anyways...I'm Nicole/Nimmie... either name is fine... Nimmie is my nickname...and yeah
I've known I was overweight since I was 9...and tried to lose weight since then...
I'm 5'9" -5'10" and 190-195 lb...hoping to go down to 150 ish

Ahhh, you're nice and tall. I always wished to be taller than my 5'7 and 1/4 inches, lol. I've seen you around but welcome anyway! xd  

dangerousfish

Oshii-chan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:45 am
dangerousfish
Welcome! Oshii-chan. ^^ You don't have to be embarrassed about your weight, you in the direction to change to a more healthy you and that is great and something to be proud of. I also have brain issues (panic disorder like whoa, plus with bipolar or major depressive disorder (depression like whoa), no one knows.) so no worries there either. I'm sure 900,000,000 people have already mentioned this to you but seriously, if you can get into exercise and start to enjoy it, that is soooo helpful for brain and mood health. Uplifting and stabilizing all together. Plus, you start to crave it after awhile because it feels so good.

I also kinda have a goal size of 12, I think I can do it but I am a little wide in the bone region ( xd ) so I may end up being a 14 missues and I can live whatever a good fat/muscle/bone thing is good for me. Last time I lost a big chunk of weight I was a size 14 although I could sneak into smaller stuff from the junior's department because my hips do not carry any excess fat - that's reserved for my gut. xd So if I get low cut pants (not to low!) my abdomen and hips are smaller than teh gut.

Remember weight is just a number! It doesn't tell you if you're losing fat or muscle or water so don't fear the scale, it's a guide but it can also lie about you - just like BMI can. Muscle weight, good. Excess fat weight (uhh, minus the fat you actually need, that's good xd ), bad.

So yeah, I lost weight once gained it back after The Blargh + bad med but now I'm ready to be awesome and healthy again and this time? Totally never going to come back.

Randomly, how did you choose your user name?

The interweb is supporting you!

My bones are big, as well. The difference is, it all goes to my hips and thighs. I can buy shirts in regular stores, but never bottoms.

How did I choose my screen name? Well, I wanted a Japanese screen name for Gaia since I'm big on Anime/Manga. Oshii translates to 'Precious.' It also reminds me of that adorable kitten on the flash video called "Shii's Song." Here it is if you want to see it. It's a little kitten singing. It's so cute!

I'm glad to be here.^_^

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:53 pm
I'm 5'4 and...here's the kicker...like, 275lbs. It's crazy how you can become this big without doing something. I was always kinda big, but when I was 10-ish, I had sleep apnea because my tonsils were too big, and we didn't know till I was 16. I'd gained alot of weight because of bad eating habits, plus being too sleepy to do anything. They removed my tonsils, and it got rid of my sleep apnea, but I was already huge by that time. Life-long bad eating habits stuck, too.

I'm going to college in the fall, and damnit, I want to be accepted by the people there. Being big is hard, not only because of the health aspects, but because people judge you alot quicker. I want to be pretty someday. I hope.

My short-term goal is to lose 10lbs by Graduation (March 21st) which shouldn't be too hard. I'm not going to set my short term goals TOO high so that I don't fail.

My longterm is to just be at a healthy weight.  

akironake

dangerousfish

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:00 am
Oshii-chan

My bones are big, as well. The difference is, it all goes to my hips and thighs. I can buy shirts in regular stores, but never bottoms.

How did I choose my screen name? Well, I wanted a Japanese screen name for Gaia since I'm big on Anime/Manga. Oshii translates to 'Precious.' It also reminds me of that adorable kitten on the flash video called "Shii's Song." Here it is if you want to see it. It's a little kitten singing. It's so cute!

I'm glad to be here.^_^

aaaah, okay. ^^ I learned it as "almost!" from my host family when we went bowling and it is what they said after an almost strike. It means "almost but not quite" but also has a host of other meanings (with the same kanji, to be even more confusing!) so I was just wondering. I forgot it meant other things, when I first saw your name. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:03 am
yay, welcome, akironake! Good short term goals, they're the best! If you're going to eat out of a dorm cafe I recommend buying The Calorie King's calorie counting book or using an online tracking program like calorieking.com or fitday.com. Because eating out of a dorm cafe can be a tricky thing! xd  

dangerousfish

Deerhart

5,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:12 am
|| ^.o.^~ Wan Wan~!! (woof woof) ||

Name's Hana, 17. :] American.
Recovering from Binge Purge Anorexia Nervosa.
in a word Bulimia.

162 cm 53-54 kilo.
aim. 50kilo.

Goals? I want to let people know how BAD it can be to crash diet, and hoe horrible EDs are. I also want to use my knowledge and skills to help motivate others and myself to make thier whieght loss goals in a healthy and permenant manner by chaning their lifestyle, not by dieting.
I also want to improve my lifestyle too! no more binging ;D

We all need help and motivation to want to do things the healthy slow, and meticiulous way. I know how hard it is to make yourself get up and work-out! It's tough.
:]

I lost 20-25 pounds through hard work, and lost more through bulimia.Dx
Don't do it!! please do it the healthy way. (this means at one point i had lost 45pounds wheighed 105 pounds)

Lets all work hard! and motivate each other through positive feedback. :]
we can all reach our ultimate goals if we take small steps and have someones hand to hold :]

|| happily I live as doggirl ||

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games