Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Crown Duel Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

raining_lavender_knight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:13 pm
Crown Duel is one of my absolute favourite books.....ever.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:35 pm
I read Crown Duel! I loved it! I have the one where Crown and Court Duel are published together. There is a short story by her and set in the Crown Duel world in, I think, the Firebirds anthology. I've always hoped that she would turn the story into an actual book, but no luck so far.  

bluemouse2

nezarith

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:42 pm
I have the combined version too and I must say I prefer the second half, court duel. I havent read any other books that have that kind of court secrecy. If you know of one please tell me biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:48 pm
It sounded so awesome when I found it on amazon that I had to have it. ....well now I'm checking the mail everyday for it and a couple of other books I've ordered used.  

Flitterbye

babalonsatene

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:59 pm
I haven't read it either but it sounds cool  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:26 pm
Love this book/books! These are some of my favorite books ever. Vidanric is awesome.  

Aegialeia

babalonsatene

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:20 pm
haven't read it but it sounds interesting  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:52 pm
I have read it and I really liked it. This may contain spoilers...
Back to some of the earlier discussion, the romance was a bit
obvious but I liked it because of the innocence of it... there was
no needless, endless, drama (which can be good if well written)
so it was refreshing. The only part I didn't like was how embarrassing
some of the situations Mel got in were... it made me cringe.
Is that just my sensitivity to embarrassment or did anyone else
feel that way?
(Sorry I rambled on and on)  

GimpyAssassin

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:52 pm
They were pretty cringe-worthy, but funny anyways. Just because they were so crazy. The fights with Shevraeth/Vidanric were pretty funny, just because I can totally relate to them. I always say the wrong thing at the wrong time, and I often sound argumentative when I don't really mean to. And the scenes with... dammit, what was her name? Nee's cousin. Tamara? Whatever. The conversations with her are all so entertaining, because Mel just doesn't know what to say.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:36 pm
So, I finally got my hands on The Fox. Since I remembered almost nothing of what happened in Inda, I re-read that after I got it, and just started reading The Fox the night before last. I'm a little over halfway through, and I have to say, so far I love it. It reminds me of some other book, but I can't remember which. Anyone else gotten The Fox yet, or waiting to get it?

I still need to get Senrid, but it's not in any of the bookstores in the area.  

NightIntent
Captain

soupyeh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:20 pm
oh i love these books! i read tem as two. did you know the author wrote a short story pre- crown duel. yeah i think i got it from her website. i think i'm going to the library tomorrow and reread them. i haven't read them in a couple of years...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:24 pm
I rea the stories on her website a year or so ago. She stopped a couple in the middle, I think because she was going to turn them into actual books, and didn't want to give them away. Those were good, too; I wanted to see how they turned out.  

NightIntent
Captain

xX_Flame_Kissed_Xx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:25 pm
i love those books, or book if you have the combined one, they are sooo awesome and on my favorites list heart Vidanric is sooooooo cool xp has anyone here read the wren series by the same author?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:36 pm
I read the second book in the Wren series, because that was the only one my school library had. I haven't yet gotten around to reading any others (it's been four years since I read it, by the way), but I'll read them all... eventually. <.< Right now, I'm just waiting for the last book in the Inda series. I want it~! And I need to get Senrid, too. None of the bookstores in my area have it ever.  

NightIntent
Captain

xX_Flame_Kissed_Xx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:54 pm
i've been meaning to read the Inda series, but i just have not gotten around to the first book yet 3nodding whee  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff