Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
African American Goth Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What's your race?
  African american
  Caucasian
  Oriental
  Hispanic
  Other?
View Results

babykitty18

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:30 am
Ayame_Rikimayu
Lifesucks411
Forbidden Nightmare

{♫=♥}---»
That's sad that we still live in a racist and judgmental world... I thought that was over, but people still live in the past. :'(
I wonder when will it actually stop?

forgive my unwanted pessimism, but it won't happen anytime soon. think about it.

back when our parents were our age, they had to deal with their parents narrow mindedness. that was back in an age where the hippies counterculture was considered "evil" because it went against the morals of the older, more conservative society, i mean, even Elvis was considered "wicked" when he did that little hip thing he does. and then there were so many limits placed on black people then, and thats where all the stereotypes and racism comes from. back in that time all of our parents were considered rebels.

well, its the same case today. we do things that our parents would have never done in the past. we are rebelling against the older society. i remember a family member telling a story about how his mother chastised him for listening to the blues. THE BLUES. i would have felt so bad for her if she had ever heard any of MY music. dear god. but its the same principle: the younger generation will always get crap from their elders about what they do. its a never ending cycle, i'm very sure at least HALF of you will chew out your children for doing something that you never would have done when you were younger.

what i don't understand is why parents today can't see the resemblace between us and them. sure, there was no heavy metal back in the 60's, but they got bitched at for the same things. so did their parents. so did their parents. etc. so i think our parents should lay off and let us be ourselves, because there was once a time when they wanted to be themselves but they got constant pressure from their parents to be like them. and that is my rant of the day.

AHEM SISTA! PREACH! lmfao! But she's gotta a point it will take many generations for or elders teachings to leach out of society. *sigh* it is a sad a cruel world we live in sad  
TheArachnidsGambit rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 4 Total: 7 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:19 am
Are you kidding, I find nonstereotyped races that are part of the Goth sub culture, facinating.

I plan to convert, An African American, And Indian (India Indian), A Native American, And an Asian. (If I've missed anybody I'll convert one of that race too.)  

TheArachnidsGambit

Ayame_Rikimayu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:18 am
TheArachnidsGambit
Are you kidding, I find nonstereotyped races that are part of the Goth sub culture, facinating.

I plan to convert, An African American, And Indian (India Indian), A Native American, And an Asian. (If I've missed anybody I'll convert one of that race too.)

hispanics and arabs. try converting someone who hates goths. it'd be hillarious if you converted my parents.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:37 pm
Ayame_Rikimayu
TheArachnidsGambit

hispanics and arabs. try converting someone who hates goths. it'd be hillarious if you converted my parents.

That includes my guardians as well. They hate me! My uncle implies im a slut, and my aunt actually calls me an ungrateful goth tramp neutral stare Retards lol sweatdrop  

babykitty18

perrenthezombie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:34 am
Naztakuan
Namely because our skin tones permit us to wear colors that may look frightning on pale skin. Like I can wear black.or dark purple lipstick and no one will notice or think it strange. Especailly Ethiopian women who often wear dark makeup colors. It's very common for non goth black women to wear dark makeup colors.

Sometimes I wish I had really dark skin. You can come up with the most awesome makeup designs. It's so much harder to make dark (and bright) colors and jewel tones look good when you're white. :/  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:19 am
babykitty18
Ayame_Rikimayu
TheArachnidsGambit

That includes my guardians as well. They hate me! My uncle implies im a slut, and my aunt actually calls me an ungrateful goth tramp neutral stare Retards lol sweatdrop

wow, because being goth is an automatic qualifyer for bimbo status.  

Ayame_Rikimayu

nautilus pilot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:48 pm
You know what, you just do your own thing, and who cares what other people think? There's a lot of conformist idiots. As long as you're happy being yourself, it doesn't matter, right?  
TheArachnidsGambit rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 2 Total: 4 (2-12)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:25 am
babykitty18
Ayame_Rikimayu
TheArachnidsGambit

TheArachnidsGambit

babykitty18

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:14 am
TheArachnidsGambit
babykitty18
Ayame_Rikimayu
TheArachnidsGambit

Indeed stare  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:10 am
babykitty18
TheArachnidsGambit
babykitty18
Ayame_Rikimayu
TheArachnidsGambit

Indeed stare

You ever think of pointing out that you're not a slut or a tramp, because you're not the one walking around in a skirt the size of a belt whilst ******** every guy on the football team, unlike those trendy whores whos lives will be in ruins by the time they are 22? ^^

Righteous indignation for the win.  

Rellik San
Crew

babykitty18

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:04 pm
Rellik San
babykitty18
TheArachnidsGambit
babykitty18
Ayame_Rikimayu
TheArachnidsGambit

Indeed stare

You ever think of pointing out that you're not a slut or a tramp, because you're not the one walking around in a skirt the size of a belt whilst ******** every guy on the football team, unlike those trendy whores whos lives will be in ruins by the time they are 22? ^^

LMFAO! Of course i kno its just every time i stick up for myself she just shoots me down and raises her voice. Its so ******** annoying so i just ignore. If u heard her voice u'd wish u were in hell with the shrieks and howls of the dead. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:59 pm
babykitty18
Rellik San
babykitty18
TheArachnidsGambit
babykitty18

Indeed stare

LMFAO! Of course i kno its just every time i stick up for myself she just shoots me down and raises her voice. Its so ******** annoying so i just ignore. If u heard her voice u'd wish u were in hell with the shrieks and howls of the dead. sweatdrop

You aunt sounds brutal!  

L Kook

Coffee Makes You Fat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:28 am
Stargazer Dante
I'm white/caucasian, and I have 3 african american goth friends.

There's no problem with it.
I don't think anyone should be labelled according to their race.
it's like saying 'All mexicans MUST wear somberos!'

(the previous scentence was not meant to offend anyone, but to be used in example purpose)

And the wierd thing is, you see alot of white 'Gansters' but do they get criticized? Hardly!

I agree to your cause, thank you for bringing up this topic!

lol I'm part mexican and I hate mexican food and mariachi music sooo bad*somberos included*
I for one think that more dark complection people should go goth or punk really*I'm gunk lol* I hate it when people are raceist its stupid and has anyone ever study what america stands for?! thats what pisses me off it says that we can be who ever the hell we WANT to be and yet we have all this damn raceism! all I can think is how the hell did that happen? with the ******** gangs and raceal groups trying to opress certain people and not likeing someone "because they wear black". I think thats a pathtic look at "freedom" because no one sined up to be critizied they just wanted to be who they are. My motto is ******** THE SYSTEM ******** THE RACEISM AND ******** THE JERKS!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:05 pm
babykitty18
Rellik San
babykitty18
TheArachnidsGambit
babykitty18

Indeed stare

Honestly?

I'd just find it hilarious and wind her up more.  

Rellik San
Crew

babykitty18

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:18 pm
L Kook
babykitty18
Rellik San
babykitty18
TheArachnidsGambit
babykitty18

Indeed stare

Your aunt sounds brutal!

She is brutal...my friends like she's not bad but, they haven't lived wit her. The only one that sees the truth is my friend Ashley. She slept over so much that she wished she was in hell wen ev my aunt calls me outta my "cage"  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff